Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire and Ice

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fire and Ice - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Ice

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Kymin struggled to get to his feet, his vision hazy. What the hell was this thing? He felt like he'd broken something. This wasn't Silence, was it? Or was it just a random creature of the Unknown? Whatever it was, it was way too much for him to even hope to defeat. But what he saw when he realized the creature wasn't coming for him again, was not something he ever expected to see. "Batsu..?" he breathed.

Oblivion started walking towards the black haired human, stopping when he felt that another creature was coming for him. It grinned when it saw some winged human, it's eyes glowing that fiery orange. Oblivion pulled one of it chains out of the tree it had hit and flung it up, completely ignoring the blast of fire. The chain went to wrap around Batsu's foot so it could slam the other creature down to earth.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Batsu looked down at the chain. He decided to do something a bit more riskier, but maybe it would by Kymin some time to get away. He flapped his wings once more to go upwards and then headed for the left. Hopefully whatever this thing was, it would follow him. Batsu could lead it away for as long as possible, but his wings were damaged and not probable that he'd last too long. He landed on a nearby tree and looked down searching for some sign of escape.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Kymin watched as Batsu led the creature away from him, and tried to move towards the entrance. He stopped after only a few steps before he coughed up a sticky red liquid. He hadn't realized he'd been hurt that bad. Maybe his body was in shock. Kymin looked towards where the creature and Batsu had gone. Why was Batsu helping him? Had his eyes been playing tricks on him? If not, he couldn't just leave Batsu to take that thing on. Not even his master was strong enough to defeat that thing. He didn't know what to do.

Oblivion took the bait and followed after the winged creature, not concerned with the human he'd impaled. It was only when the black winged humanoid landed that Oblivion made a move against it, flinging a flaming chain up towards the being. Its grin faded when it saw the chain pinned to a different tree by an icicle. Instead its flaming eyes grew brighter in annoyance and it looked to the spot the icicle had come from. Right in the direction of an orange eyed undead human.

'The fuck are you doing Boreas?' Jasper asked apprehensively. "We can't die, remember?" the demon mumbled in return. "And I owe him one."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Batsu was a tad bit winded. He'd never had this issue, but this drawing to this thing was driving him mad. The red eyed creature knelt down and prepared himself for the attack when he spotted the icicle. He blinked in surprise when he saw Boreas. "It looks like everyone is helping out the people they don't care for." He looked down to Boreas. "You won't be able to take him, none of us will." The winged creature straightened out his wings. "There's someone that's badly hurt. He won't trust me to help him, but maybe you can."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm

"Help him anyways, moron," Boreas called. "I'm the only one here who can't die." At that, another grating laugh rang through the area and Boreas froze in place at the voice that followed.

"We'll see about that."

When a flaming chain came flying towards Boreas, he moved out of the way and grabbed onto it once it was stationary. He tried freezing it over, but the flames didn't die down. Instead, Boreas was pulled towards Oblivion in the few moments he held onto the chain. "Shit shit shit," Boreas swore, letting go of the chain not a moment too soon to tumble across the ground. He would've been stepped on too, had he not rolled out of the way. Scrambling up, the orange eyed chakra started to put distance between the two of them, both glad and horrified that he seemed to have captured the thing's undivided attention for the moment.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Batsu frowned when Oblivion laughed. "Apparently he thinks otherwise," he commented. He then looked around for Kymin. "I'll be back, keep him busy and don't get killed." With that he took off towards Kymin. He found him and approached with caution. "You don't look so great," he said casually. "Will you allow me to help you so that you can live long enough to see the man with the silver hair again?" Batsu paused. "I need a favor of you as well. His friend needs help, I owe her. If you help me, help her, I'll let you have my soul."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Kymin was holding onto a tree, trying to move himself forward. He'd forgotten about his summoning scroll, which was stored away in his backpack. He flinched when he saw Batsu flying down towards him. He didn't expect the creature to offer his help, even though he'd seemed to be helping only moments before. He tried not to cough as he spoke his reply. "I don't...want your soul," he panted softly. "Destroying your soul isn't going to help the countless others I've abandoned..." He wasn't sure he wanted Batsu to touch him. Who was to say he didn't just want to consume his soul before he fled from this place?

"Don't jinx me!" Boreas called after Batsu told him not to die. He turned around as he ran, to throw icicles at Oblivion to try and distract it. "Jasper, let me out. I can distract him better if you let me out," he mumbled. "I promise it won't kill you, you just won't be able to use chakra for a little bit." 'Idiot, that's the same thing as killing me if I can't get away from him if he doesn't take the bait!'
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Batsu shook his head. "Then I'll show you were the pushed out souls are at," he finally said. "Will you help me then. I promise to stop killing if you just help me this once. My soul will be at peace once I know the others will be safe." Batsu didn't want to sound as though he was pleading, but they were running out of precious time and Kymin looked pretty bad off. It probably hadn't helped that he'd fought him earlier either. The winged creature looked over his shoulder, listening for the sound of Oblivion and Boreas.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Kymin was suddenly very wary and very confused. Why now? Why did Batsu want his help now? He nearly stumbled forward when he tried to move, but finally nodded. Everything hurt. Even if Batsu's intentions were not as he said, he'd be dead either way if he stayed here.

'Fine. Do it then. Just get out of his line of sight first.' Boreas, relieved to be given permission, started away at a faster pace, hiding in a bunch of trees and bushes. In an instant, the surrounding area frosted over and an icicle shot out, hitting Oblivion where there should have been an eye, but it only melted into the skull filled with fire. Out of the bushes ran a humanoid figure, completely covered in ice crystals of a light blue color. The three largest on his body looked almost like a crown, with two smaller ones on either side of the largest one which stuck up from the center of his head. His eyes were an even deeper orange and everything he touched immediately started freezing over. Steam started coming from the ground he walked on like it had been turned into dry ice. He was also a lot faster than Jasper. Oblivion seemed to find this a worthy challenge, an in an instant pillars of flames started shooting towards Boreas as he ran, each one missing, much to the creature's annoyance. So instead of focusing on the measly ice being, Oblivion decided to set the whole forest on fire around him.

Jasper, on the other hand, got up and ran as fast as he could away from the fire. He was useless against that thing without chakra. He'd figured out a long time ago that Boreas was his chakra, in a strange sense. Without him, he was defenseless and they both knew it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Batsu carefully approached Kymin and placed and arm under his shoulder. With a flap of his wings he moved into the branches in time to avoid the fires. He looked around and spotted Jasper running and Boreas fighting. He swept down and grabbed the other shinobi by his shirt, pulling him into the trees and out of range of the fire. "You look different," Batsu said, tilting his head lightly. His eyes scanning Jasper curiously before he decided that it was just the change in eye color. "I don't know where the exit is and he," the red eyed creature nodded to Kymin, "Needs medical attention."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Kymin tried not to flinch so much when Batsu moved him, but it was damn near impossible. He knew he'd have to deal with pain, but this freaking hurt. Whatever he'd broken getting smashed into that tree had shifted when they'd gone up into the trees. He didn't pay much attention as Batsu swooped some random guy up. He was too focused on figuring out which direction the fire had come from.

Jasper nearly jabbed a kunai into the hand that grabbed him, until he realized who it was. "That's cuz I'm not the same guy you were talking to earlier," he said. "It's that idiot down there that got me into this mess," he said in annoyance, motioning to the ice creature trying to dodge the flames. "Same idiot that's gonna save our lives, of course," he added in a mumble. "The exit..." Jasper took a quick glance around. "It's past Oblivion. We'd have to go through him to get there, and obviously we don't wanna do that. Well, we could always hope Silence shows up to save our sorry skins," he sighed.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Batsu looked down at Kymin with a less than pleasant look on his face. If Kymin died Serenity would have to wait a long time before he could save her. He then looked to Jasper as he spoke. "Strange." He looked down at the ice humanoid before casting his eyes upon what he assumed to be Oblivion. "What is it," he asked as he moved away from the two of them. "Do you really think Silence will save us," Batsu asked unenthusiastically. Then again, if Silence came he could wish away Serenity's pain.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:10 am

Kymin had to hold onto a tree branch above his head when Batsu moved away, to make sure he didn't lose his balance. On the bright side, he wasn't going to pass out from blood loss any time soon, since the wound from the chain spear had practically burned closed when the thing had gotten yanked out. He was starting to think that thing had broken a rib on its way out. The black haired ninja remained silent as the other two spoke.

"I get that a lot," Jasper said bluntly. No one understood what it was like to have a second, real consciousness inside your head. It was a pain in the ass. "I think it's the polar opposite of Silence. I try to stay away from the thing, so I don't know so much about it. Except that it's sole purpose here is to destroy and create chaos in this already chaotic place. That thing's pure evil." He paused when Batsu asked him if he really thought Silence would come. "No, I do not. Especially since he's probably still mad with me. Who knows though, he might like you two," he joked just as unenthusiastically.

Boreas noted in a spare second that Jasper, Batsu and some other guy were just sitting up in a tree and got a bit pissed off. Did they expect him to be able to beat this thing or what! But then he realized, Oblivion was right in the way of the way to the gates. "God damn it," he mumbled, taking off to somewhere father away so that Oblivion would follow, and the other three could get by.

Only this time, Oblivion didn't take the bait. Instead, he turned to the tree with the three beings on it with a sharp grin, blasting a pillar of fire instead towards the tree to both set it alight, and knock it down at the same time.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:33 am

Batsu didn't care for Jasper's problems. All he wanted to do right now was get out of this hellhole. He looked around and then blinked when he saw the fireball coming for the tree. Batsu moved quickly and grabbed Kymin from the branch as well as Jasper. He wasn't used to carrying so much weight, so take off was a bit bumpy, but he managed to get them to the ground safely. "Double back and go to the exit. I'll help keep him busy." Without another word Batsu flew off. He skimmed the branches of the trees, searching for Boreas while at the same time flying circles above Oblivion. This thing was terrifying, but they had to get rid of it if they wanted to live.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Boreas stopped when he realized Oblivion wasn't following him and let out a low growl of irritation. To hell with this. He might've been a bit more agile in this form, but he wasn't attracting enough attention. So instead, he took on his second, larger form. It rivaled Oblivion in size on all-fours, and even knocked down some trees in the transformation. He was fully capable of standing on two legs, but he ran faster and with more strength on four. His orange eyes glowed when he realized he was large enough to knock Oblivion over and let out a roar before charging. Just as planned, he caught the creature's attention, for a blast of flames came barreling towards him, only to turn to steam when it hit the front of Boreas' "crown". Instead of knocking Oblivion over though, Boreas got thrown across the forest, knocking over several trees in his path.

Jasper sighed when the black winged creature flew off, telling him to pretty much take the green eyed male to the exit. "God damn it all. Well, come on you," he said, slipping one of Kymin's arms over his shoulder and starting around. He stopped when he heard a roar, and looked back. "Holy shit," he swore, eyes wide. He'd seen Boreas in his humanoid form before, but never this. "Okay, look lively man, we gotta scram," he said, starting to walk a bit quicker with Kymin.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Batsu blinked at this new creature's apperance. Both creatures were gruesomely large and Batsu wanted nothing to do with either of them. He quickly flew high into the trees. Boreas was made of ice and could easily freeze him over if not careful. The winged creature landed on a tree and looked for something large. He found exactly what he was looking for when he spotted a tree with an awfully large trunk. He burned it and watch it topple down towards Oblivion.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:48 pm

(I'm double posting to add in Silence's part)

A white light shinned a path through the Unknown as Silence walked with ease through the forest. His long blond, almost white hair flowed behind him as he made his way down the lighted path. Somewhere out there was Oblivion and something more. Whatever was out there was causing a huge disturbance. As he arrived on the scene dressed in all white, his pitch black eyes slowly surveyed what was going on. A human, a tormented soul, and Jasper and Boreas. He had not come to save them and would not unless necessary.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Oblivion hadn't budged when Boreas had run into him, but had only grinned an evil grin. This was more like it. And what was better, he could turn this thing into another, less powerful version of him, to help him take over the Unknown and spread Madness through it. When the large tree started falling towards him, Oblivion caught it in one hand and threw it in the direction that he heard wings flapping. Once the large ice creature had gotten back up and charged again, this time with more force, Oblivion only put his hand out and caught the creature's head in it. He tightened the grip until the ice started crumbling down and melting. The blue of the ice started coursing with black, causing Boreas to pull back and start thrashing around in pain, roaring as he did so. That grin that Oblivion wore only grew as he watched this beast being consumed by Madness.

Jasper's eyes widened when he saw what had happened. What was Oblivion doing to Boreas?! "God damn it Bor, you'd better fight it!" he yelled, taking Kymin further away. "I don't know who the hell you are, but you'd better be important," he growled at the green eyed ninja, who continued to say nothing. Jasper occasionally looked back as they walked. What was happening to his chakra?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:22 pm

(I like Jasper.)

Batsu narrowed his eyes as that piece of trunk came flying back at him. He covered himself with his wings for protection. When the trunk hit him he found himself winded. All the same he managed to get back to his feet in time to see Boreas being attacked. He didn't know what Oblivion had done to him, but that familiar feeling from the girl with brown hair washed over him. That same feeling from when he was recreated into an actual person. Batsu knew he could consume it, but when he'd taken in too much things had taken a turn for the worst. He decided to do so either way. Although his wing was badly twisted in the wrong angle he slipped down to Boreas's head. "Don't attack me," he said as he dug his nails into the ice. "I'm going to help you." With that he started to pull on the Madness, drawing it upwards.

Silence watched silently. These new creatures were not his, but he found a familiarity in the winged creature. It reminded him of his daughter somehow, but there was also a piece of Oblivion in there as well. Something must have gone wrong. Still he would not interfer.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:50 pm

(Heh, I know.)

When Boreas felt claws dig into and chip the ice on his back, he lost it, and smashed his back against a tree to get whatever it was off of him. He felt like he was losing his mind! Nothing felt real, and he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing. Something in him was just beginning to say 'destroy everything'. And with each second that passed, each second those mad thoughts passed through his mind, the darker his ice became, and the more he listened to those thoughts. Instead of attacking one individual, however, he shot icicles out of his back towards everything in the surrounding area.

Kymin looked around when he heard roaring. He had to pull Jasper downwards to avoid a large icicle that would've pierced them both if they'd stayed in the way. Jasper's eyes widened when the icicle hit the tree behind them. "Holy crap...okay, come on, Boreas is losing it. We gotta move," he said, standing back up to move Kymin along faster. The only problem was that now Oblivion's attention was on them, and a tree came crashing down right in the place they'd be by the time it hit the ground.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:08 am

Batsu gasped when Boreas pushed back against the tree. His eyes narrowed, but he continued to hang on. He was beginning to fear that Madness was spreading too fast for him to consume. Then he saw the icicles that Boreas was shooting out and the tree Oblivion had thrown. This was getting out of control. He let go of Boreas and moved between the two larger beings. "I hope this works." He folded his wings areound him and without a second's hesitation release a supernova three times as big as the usual ones. His goal was to draw the attention of Oblivion and Boreas. If he had to sacrafice himself to save Jasper and Kymin then so be it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:25 pm

When Kymin felt heat radiating from where the battle was taking place, he quickly pulled Jasper behind a large tree as the supernova swept past them. "You're not very good at surviving, you know that?" he said in annoyance, looking at Jasper.

Jasper's eyes narrowed. "Look who's talking, Mr. I'm-right-on-the-edge-of-death."

"Can it. I'm not dying anytime soon. But god damn it, I only came here to look for Silence, not this."

Jasper gave Kymin a blunt look. "Are you an idiot? You come into this place looking for a one in a million chance encounter without being prepared to fight? Were you born yesterday or what?"

The green eyed shinobi gave a sigh. He didn't want to leave Batsu here to face those things. They hadn't had a chance to win against Oblivion, but now there were two unstoppable creatures running loose? "God damn it...we can't do anything to help them, can we?" When Jasper shook his head, Kymin's shoulders fell. However, his attention was caught once more by something dangerous when he realized that a tree was falling just overhead, right towards them. And it was too big to dodge by jumping out of the way. They were far enough out that the trunk wouldn't hit them directly, but the larger branches at the top certainly would. "Shit, move!" Kymin turned and pushed Jasper out of the way only moments before the tree hit the ground.

Boreas nearly crumpled to the ground when the supernova hit. When it was over, drips of water were flowing off the surface of the icicles on his body. Only seconds later did those streams of water freeze again. When Boreas shook them away, he looked pissed off, and his direction was indeed on Batsu, towards whom he shot large icicles.

Oblivion's sharp teethed grin widened as the tree fell on one of the two humans. He didn't care for Silence's pet, so he left him alone, and instead turned to the black winged creature just as a wave of heat washed over him, making him stumble backwards a few steps. He did nothing though, as Boreas attacked Batsu. It was strange, he felt his Madness inside this creature, yet it was acting rationally.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Batsu unfolded his wings and sighed. That had taken a lot out of him and the bad part was, Boreas was still fully in tact. Batsu blinked when the guy suddenly shot ice at him. He moved quickly, but a piece of ice went straight through his wing. The red eyed man fell to his knees in pain. He was trapped by the ice and although Oblivion wasn't moving he didn't put it past him to attack. What more was that he couldn't spot Jasper or Kymin. Batsu began to panic. He didn't want to die like this.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Oblivion grinned when the black winged creature was pinned by a piece of ice and started towards it. There was already Madness in it, so why not make it another minion? Oblivion took Batsu's head in his hand and lifted, ignoring the icicle completely as he pulled the black winged creature into the air. He didn't care if the wing ripped. Oblivion just held Batsu in the air, letting more Madness seep into the being. By this time, Boreas had started thrashing again, but was starting off into the forest and away from the rest of the beings.

Jasper's eyes widened and he scrambled to his feet when he saw the tree fall. That guy had been seriously strong. Strong enough to push him that far backwards and save him from getting crushed. The problem was, now that idiot was under the tree, and Jasper didn't know if he was alive. Since the branches were mostly spaced out enough to climb over and under, Jasper hurried into the leaves of the tree. "Guy, I swear to god if you're not alive, I'll kill you." He knew that made no sense and he honestly didn't care. There was no movement coming from the branches, and that worried him. Hadn't he told this guy he couldn't die?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Batsu gasped when Oblivion came to him. He bit back a scream as he was lifted from the ground and his entire wing ripped in two. The red eyed male tried to push past the shock, but it was pointless. He started into a fit as Madness flowed through him. The feeling was familiar but still too much. Finally he gave up fighting.

Silence was done standing by. Oblivion could not continue to turn creatures mad. Holding up his hand, streams of light flood the area until everything was white with blinding light. It was his way of saying enough. His reach extended to Boreas as well. Walking forward he approached Oblivion without fear and looked up at the creature and waited.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum