Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire and Ice

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fire and Ice - Page 3 Empty Re: Fire and Ice

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Oblivion had sensed Silence nearby, but had ignored the greater being's presence until he'd made himself known. And when he did, the larger being gave a growl of irritation. He had no hopes of defeating Silence on his own and taking back the land that was rightfully his, which was why he had to spread Madness through the Unknown. "Must you interrupt my work?" he growled, throwing Batsu down, yet holding his grin. Oblivion's arm snapped forward and took a hold of Silence's throat, bringing the being up to eye level. He knew it wouldn't hurt the other creature, but he liked looking Silence in the face when threatening him with his imminent doom. "You're reign's almost over. This world will go mad with or without your say-so." With that, Oblivion put Silence down, rather than dropping him and turned to walk away.

Further on into the forest, it had become silent, as Boreas had seen the streams of light. It seemed like he was slowly gaining his mind back, as his ice crystals returned to their original blue color.

Once Jasper had found Kymin under all the branches, he realized the guy was out cold, and probably had a broken arm, because there was a large branch crushing the right one. He had to be careful in pulling the guy out from underneath it, but once he was out from under the largest branch, it was easier to carry him out from underneath the tree. Once Jasper had Kymin out, he sighed. "Sorry guy, I can't take you outside of the Unknown. I'm stuck here." He looked around, realizing that there was no noises of fighting or struggle anymore. Had Oblivion gotten bored with them or something?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:18 am

Silence simply let Oblivion pick him up and make his threats. He listened, but said nothing. When placed on the ground he approached Kymin and Jasper as Oblivion left. He looked down at the man with black hair and placed a hand on his arm, healing it. Then he healed his ribs.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Jasper looked around when he saw the flash of white light. Oh shit, Silence was here. That was good for everyone else, but he didn't exactly have the guy's sword yet. After a hundred years, no one had come in with it. He stepped back when Silence went up to the other black haired male and healed him. He wondered where Batsu and Boreas were. Wondered how hurt Boreas was. Even if the guy didn't feel pain like other people, he could still get hurt. After all, the guy had been roaring like crazy earlier. Glancing at Kymin, he looked to Silence. "He'll be okay, right? Right. I'll be right back." He had to find Boreas. And Batsu. God damn it, why was he suddenly caught up in this?

Kymin shifted when he felt something happen to his arm. And then again when he felt the pain in his ribs disappear completely. His eyes flickered open. He'd expected to see Jasper, but what he saw instead was a being that looked almost unreal. Kymin sat up, blinking at the being. "Are you...Silence?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Silence nodded when Jasper asked him if Kymin would be okay. He nodded and then looked down to the unconscious man as he woke up. Again he nodded when asked the question of who he was. He then stood and started for Batsu. The winged creature was barely conscious and Silence was nearly unwilling to help because of the darkness that was in this things soul, but he did so anyway. Then he looked for Boreas who he cared little for. Once he'd helped everyone he stood in the center and waited.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Jasper had found Boreas lying on the ground, looking rather exhausted. He'd growled when Jasper came close, letting the grey eyed male know that he wasn't okay. There might've still been some Madness in the icy creature. Which meant that Jasper was beyond glad that Silence actually helped him. Jasper immediately beckoned Boreas back to him after Silence fixed him, before following the platinum haired guardian back to Batsu and the other guy, both of whom were well and up.

Kymin had followed Silence to Batsu, sighing in relief when the black winged being was healed. He never thought he'd be relieved to see Batsu in good shape. He still kept his distance, however, when he spoke with Batsu. "Thanks," he said lightly. He looked around. Oblivion was gone? That was a major relief. When Silence had come back, along with that another ninja behind him (Kymin had doubts though, about this guy being a ninja, since his survival skills were so lacking), he glanced to Batsu before looking back to Silence. He didn't know how to ask. What to say. So he'd start with a simple "Thank you for helping us." He paused and glanced around. "I...a-ah....I know it's a lot to ask after you just saved us, but...I have a request I'd like to make...if you'd hear me out."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

Silence watched them all gather and when Kymin spoke he simply nodded. "You each have one wish." That was the only time Silence ever spoke, for he was a reserved creature who wandered the Unknown without worry. Occassionally he'd run across a human and grant them a wish. Today he'd allow everyone a wish, including Jasper as long as it was on reasonable terms.

Batsu looked at Kymin when he approached. "You're welcome," he grumbled as he got up. He spread his wings happily and trailed behind the green eyed male as he went to Silence. Batsu was quiet when Silence offered them each a wish. He immediately knew what he wanted, but at the same time, he wanted something else. He decided he'd think on it a bit.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Kymin was relieved at Silence's response. He could manage this in one wish. But then...something else crossed his mind. He could use this wish to get rid of Kyla, so Felix would be free of her torment. The black haired ninja glanced at Batsu. But he would never have a chance like this again, and he'd come here to help the lost souls. Including his master's. Kyla could be killed off if her soul was destroyed. And thinking about it, destroying her soul with a jutsu from the Onihana clan wouldn't be too difficult. Kymin took a breath. "There's a lot of lost souls wandering around because of my clan. I...want them to be able to come here and have their own bodies, whatever form it may be in. Just...something so they won't feel so lost anymore," he said, looking at Silence rather than glancing at Batsu. He wasn't sure he wanted to see the guy's reaction.

Jasper blinked in surprise when Silence offered them all a wish. Did that include him? 'You know what we can do with this, don't you..?' Jasper was glad to hear Boreas again. He'd almost thought that his chakra had fallen unconscious, as odd as that sounded. ...I have to find the sword first. I borrowed it, so I have to return it, simple as that. We can rest afterwards.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Batsu's head snapped in Kymin's direction when the guy asked for the lost souls to have refuge here. His red eyes were wide with shock and for a moment he couldn't believe what he'd just heard. He suddenly felt grateful for Kymin, but at the same time he felt selfish. He'd been seeking revenege to get payback for the wrong done to him and other souls, but he'd suddenly forgotten them. He sighed and then spoke. "There is a woman that once came here to disappear, I don't know her name, but I would like for you to take away the pain that comes as her soul fades." He probably could have wished for his own existence to be easier, but he could manage for a little while without that.

Silence looked to Kymin as he spoke and then to Jasper as if waiting for him to make his wish. The pure guardian of the Unknown would only grant the wish once they had all confirmed that was what they wanted.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Kymin blinked, looking at Batsu when he made his wish. The guy had a friend? It sounded terrible to think of it that way, but...Kymin had honestly thought Batsu had only been out for himself. He'd been taking souls until he could get revenge on the Onihana, but...The black haired ninja gave a small smile and looked back to Silence to hide it.

Jasper wanted to wait until the others had made their wishes before speaking his. He was a bit apprehensive of asking, since it had been Silence to keep him within the Unknown to begin with. "I want to be able to leave the Unknown. I'll be able to recover what I've borrowed faster if I can search for it myself."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Batsu could see Kymin looking at him. The guy probably thought he was going to request the eradication of all the Onihana. Not today he wouldn't. When Jasper made his wish Batsu didn't quite understand, but Silence clearly did. The white cloth and hair started to turn black and Batsu nearly took a step back, thinking there was going to be a fight.

Silence practically glared at Jasper. "You think me a fool?" He was clearly unhappy. "If I let you go then how do I know you will return with my blade?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Kymin's eyes widened a bit at Silence's reaction to the other male's request. He didn't know what was going on, but clearly the other guy had made an off-limits wish.

Jasper swallowed and took a step back when he saw Silence change. He'd only seen this once before, and he hadn't liked what he'd seen. He'd seen this form when Silence had first brought him back. He held up his hands in front of him. "No, of course not..! I'd come back because I don't want to be stuck on this planet any longer than I have to be. And I can't die without your say-so, right?" The black haired male swallowed again. "I know a hundred years is nothing to you, but I've been stuck here that long, and it's been hell. It'd be easier for us both if I could just get the blade and get it over with, right?" Jasper was clearly nervous, and for once Boreas was shutting up.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Clearly they were all nervous. Silence watched Jasper's face for any trace of a lie. He decided the guy was honest so when he spoke he'd reverted back to his normal state. "Fine." The guardian then backed away. "Are you all sure this is what you wish," he asked. Batsu nodded without hesitation.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Jasper nearly sighed when Silence changed back. 'That...was close.' The black haired male nodded, both in response to Boreas' words, and to Silence's question. This was the only thing he wanted aside being set free. He could only imagine what Silence's reaction would have been if he'd actually asked to be set free. He was glad he hadn't asked.

Kymin glanced between the others after Silence's hair turned platinum again, before looking back to the guardian of the Unknown. "Yes," he replied, nodding. He realized at that moment that he'd been the only one to speak. It was awkward, but he didn't pay much attention to it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Silence looked at the three of them. "Then it shall be." Just like that everything was as it should be. Silence spoke not another word, but he gave Jasper a knowing look before he turned and headed out. As he left the forest grew quiet and there was no longer a threat, for there wasn't.

Batsu looked at Silence as he left then to Jasper and Kymin. "Thank you," he said to the both of them. He especially meant Kymin. Batsu wasn't sure what else he should do, for he now owed Kymin a very big debt. "I think I will leave now," he said with a shrug. "I have to take care of some things." He glanced to Kymin as he spoke. Now that the souls were safe he could give his soul to the Onihana and they could do as they pleased with it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Jasper nearly cringed at the look Silence gave him. For a peaceful guardian, that guy could sure be scary. He felt relieved when Silence was gone, and even moreso because he could now leave the Unknown. He wasn't stuck in this place and a large smile crossed over his face. "Well it's about damn time," he grinned, looking to Batsu as the guy thanked him. "Don't mention it. I owed you one anyways." Just at that moment, Jasper blinked when he felt something small land on his shoulder. When he turned his head to look, he realized it was the little fairy with its equally little daisy. "Hey little one. How ya feelin?" He paused and looked at the other two. "I got something to take care of too, but I'm heading towards the entrance if either of you wanna tag along." Now that he thought about it, he was going to miss this little fairy. Boreas certainly would. It was too bad he couldn't take it with him.

Kymin watch Silence leave quietly. When Batsu spoke, he looked at the red haired male and smiled. "No need. I made a promise, didn't I?" He chuckled when he saw Jasper roll his eyes and mumble something like "how touching." Even so, the guy seemed to be in really good spirits. Kymin looked back to Batsu when he said he still had to take care of some things. "...what are you planning on doing now?" he asked curiously. Now that the souls had a place to go, would Batsu still seek revenge? Or would he find a way to move on?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Batsu looked at Jasper and nodded. He then shook his head as the guy commented on Kymin speaking to him. "I'll follow you out," he told the sword thief. Turning to Kymin he shrugged. "Don't know. First I'll see if Silence kept his promise, then I'll check and see if the souls know where to go. After that...I'm not sure." He knew what was after that, but it was none of Kymin's buisiness.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Jasper nodded. Looked like he had some company on the way out. He wouldn't exactly call them friends, but it was the most social contact he'd had in about a hundred years. He wasn't complaining. Instead he invited the fairy to climb up on his hand so he could make sure her wings were okay. He remembered that this fairy could disappear at a whim, but her wings were still important.

Kymin smiled lightly. Batsu didn't seem very hostile anymore, which was one thing he was seriously relieved about. He didn't know how, but somehow he'd managed to help all the souls his clan was forcing out. Maybe he'd take up a hobby of collecting lost souls and bringing them to the Unknown, if they couldn't find their way. He was actually feeling really good about this. "Hey, that woman you made the wish for...who is she? I mean...she has to be alive now. How did you meet her?" He was curious. Hadn't Batsu practically eaten everyone he'd come into contact with? Why was this girl different?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Batsu wasn't sure he wanted to let Kymin know the whole story, but he'd let him know some things. "A healer woman that helped me after some ninjas decided to fight back. Her soul was weeping and I couldn't take it, so I promised I'd end the pain." He shrugged. "I just hope the promise was kept." The red eyed male turned to Jasper. "Let's go."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Jasper looked back at Batsu when he said he hoped the promise was kept. "You can be sure it was. Silence is usually good on his word. Better on his word than I appreciate, actually," he said with a sigh, starting forward.

Kymin tilted his head. A healer? It was a major stab in the dark, but maybe it was Serenity. He didn't know the woman well, but he did at least know that Felix cared for her. "This healer woman have blond hair?" he asked curiously.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:19 am

Batsu walked a bit behind Jasper. He trusted this guy for some reason. Probably because he'd saved his life. Or rather Boreas had. The winged creature folded his wings behind him and then nodded when Kymin asked if she had blond hair. "Yes, she does." He then fell silent. Part of him was afraid of what the Onihana would do to him. Would his soul being destroyed hurt, or would it be like falling asleep? He let his mind wander as he walked. Was this going to be the end for him?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Jasper turned his head towards the two other beings, when a healer with blond hair was mentioned. A small grin crossed over his face. Well I'll be damned. He knew Ser was immortal, but he hadn't thought she'd still be around. Poor thing. Who would ever want to be on this planet for more than a lifetime?

Kymin smiled. Well, at least he knew that the healer lady was going to be okay. He paused when he remembered something. "...Batsu," he said after a few moments, looking at the ground as he walked. "Did you really kill Kana..? That girl with the brown hair you told me about...did you?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Batsu saw Jasper grin. "What's that look for," he asked. He then glanced to Kymin. "No," he answered as if it were that simple. "Something is wrong with her. She's got the same problem as me. I think Oblivion's Madness is inside her and I couldn't consume her soul without consuming too much of it." He shrugged. "She's alive, but the last time I saw her she was unconscious." He didn't know what else to say aside from that, so he fell silent.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Jasper chuckled when Batsu asked about his grin. "Oh nothing. I just might know who you two were talking about. A healer with blonde hair and blue eyes. She's an immortal, and her name is Serenity, if we're talking about the same person. I didn't think she'd still be around," he said. Yeah, he remembered her. He used to have a bit of an obsession over her before he'd lost to Felix and fallen for Rin. He wondered if that silver haired bastard was still alive. It'd be nice to run into him again. Maybe smack him around for old time's sake.

Kymin was visibly relieved when Batsu told him he hadn't. That was good, that she was alive. She could take care of herself from there on out then. He still wanted to find her, even though he knew that. Wanted to make sure she really was okay. He looked up when Jasper spoke. "You know her too?" This was a pretty big coincidence.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:22 pm

"What are the odds," Batsu said without much enthusiasm. "Maybe there is a reason we're all gathered here today." He was being sarcastic of course. Batsu didn't care that they knew the same person. He just knew he wanted to help the immortal, whether she was friends with these two meant little to him. Batsu then turned to Kymin. "She told me where to find your silver haired friend. How is he? I didn't kill him, did I?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Kymin blinked in surprise when Batsu told him that Serenity told him where to find Felix. She did what? He wasn't sure he'd heard right. Batsu was clearly dangerous, why would anyone tell him the location of someone they cared about! Kymin didn't hear Batsu's question until a few seconds after he'd spoken it. He blinked. "What? O-oh, yeah, he's alive..." Did that mean Serenity didn't actually care about Felix? Then Felix was seriously wasting his time with her, if he was bothering to look for her. He hoped he wouldn't meet her anytime soon.

Jasper looked back at the two of them and grinned. "Must've been some form of twisted fate," he joked at Batsu's unenthusiastic tone. "Anyways, the entrance is right over there. We're pretty close," she said, glancing back at the fairy, who was looking curiously from the entrance to Jasper. She'd thought he couldn't leave. Was he going to try anyways?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next