Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fading Soul

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Fading Soul Empty A Fading Soul

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Serenity made rounds through the small village three times a week, to check on the villagers personally. The village was small enough to divide into three sections, and luckily, her house was right in the middle. Today was one of those days where she was making house calls. She was on the side of the village farthest from the main gates. She'd moved to this little "Note Village" because it lacked ninja, and it was small and usually left off large maps of the area. Right now Serenity had a small open tent set up (courtesy of the villagers) and was sitting at a table mixing medicines for a boy who was there on behalf of his sick mother. It wasn't uncommon for this to be the case, so Serenity wasn't too much worried. A lot of people died in this village. She was already used to the sickness here.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Fading Soul Empty Re: A Fading Soul

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Felix had followed Kyla back to the Rock where he'd gotten himself prepared for a long journey. With the Executioner destroyed, all he had left was Zane and the Blue Banshee, both of which he would need to find Serenity. Felix's eyes were still dark and the week he'd been with Kyla preparing had only made him grow colder. You would think he was the same Felix that Serenity had first met. He no longer cared for anything more than being freed. Kymin had left him and Serenity had lived long enough. Felix was done with everyone but himself. As he traveled to the west he was dressed on Zane, he was dressed in a pair of black cargo pants and a white short sleeved shirt. His headband remained around his neck and his gloves remained on hands to keep hims scars hidden, but all the same, he didn't care. His icy blue eyes remained focused on his goal and he spoke to no one unless he was asking about Serenity. He kept a picture of the blond on him at all times. It took Felix at least three weeks to find the location of where Serenity could possibly be. He'd gotten so many false leads that his attitude had turned worse than sour. Sliding off of Zane as he made it to the Note Village, Felix entered the gates. Now, to find Serenity.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:51 pm

There was a small bit of bustle in the Note Village in mid-afternoon, but not a lot. Though most of the streets were small, there was no chance of accidentally bumping into anyone due to overcrowdedness. When Felix walked in, a boy who look about age fourteen, with dark tan skin and black hair saw him and gave a small wave and a smile. "Wow, we got a visitor," he said in surprise, going over to Felix. "Hi mister!"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Although Felix had seemed to be pretty docile while around Kyla, the old woman didn't quite trust him just yet. She had refused to take off the cage on his heart, leaving him in bad shape by being so close to Serenity. The blue eyed male looked at the boy with a cold gaze. "Hi," he greeted in an unfriendly ton. "Do you know where this lady is," he asked as he showed the teen Serenity's picture. He didn't care if the kid lied, because he could feel that she was here and he would find her either way, even if it meant destroying this entire village to draw her out.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:04 pm

The boy's eyes lit up when he saw the picture. "Yeah! She's on the other side of the village today. Are you her friend? I can show you where she is, if ya want," he said with a big smile. He waved the silver haired man forward and started leading him to the place where Serenity was sitting today. "I was starting to think that she didn't have any friends outside this village. It's weird for a person like her to just come and stay here out of the blue."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Felix held back a grin that was sure to slid onto his face. So Serenity really was here? His eyes shinned and he followed the teenager without question. "Yes, I'm a very old friend of hers. It took me a while to find her, but I'm glad she's here." He really was. This could finally be over. He could be free from immortality and everything would be okay again. He could see Meridian and they could be happy together. "How long has she been here," he asked curiously.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:16 pm

The boy smiled up at the silver haired male when he said that he was a really old friend. "I knew she couldn't be all by herself. She's been here about two months," he said with a nod. "She helped us a lot, but I was starting to feel bad for her," he admitted with a nervous chuckle. "Oh hey, she's right over there mister," he smiled, pointing towards the open faced tent once Serenity was in sight.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Felix had Zane trailing behind him, but he called the badger closer once he was able to actually make out Serenity's face. His heart was fighting a losing battle, but it didn't show on his face. He'd learned to get over most of the pain while with Kymin, even with the water spirit's help. "Thanks," Felix told the kid as he handed him a few coins for his help. He then moved towards the tent. "It's been a long time."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 pm

The black haired boy nodded when Felix said thanks. "No problem." He looked a little bit surprised when the older man handed him money, but he didn't refuse it. "Thanks mister!" He said happily, giving a wave before walking off.

Serenity just finished up bottling the medicine for the boy and giving him a wave goodbye as he walked away after thanking her. She hadn't smiled at all, nor did she accept the money the boy offered. She didn't need it, after all. She looked up when she heard someone talking to her, blinking when she saw who it was. Nothing showed on her face, not even a look of recognition for the man in front of her. "Can I help you with something?" Why was he here? There was no way he was just passing through.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Felix would be lying if he said he wasn't shocked by Serenity's reaction. The silver haired shinobi didn't recognize this Serenity. She was different. Unsmiling and very much far from being lively. Then again after what he'd told her, would she really want to see him either? Felix's hesitation caused him much more than he could handle. The cage tightened and he frowned. The hell with it. He pulled a kunai and threw it right onto the table where the blond had been working. That had been a warning, but it was enough to ease the pain. Felix had Blue Banshee's scroll in his hand before the kunai had even hit the table. He just had to forget everything they once had and finish this so he could rest.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Serenity flinched back when the kunai hit the table in front of her, but didn't stand up, and just as quickly eased back into her original position as the silver haired man in front of her pulled out what she could only assume to be a summoning scroll. So this was it, was it? This was what was going to happen to her now? She wasn't surprised. The surprises stopped a long time ago. "Did you come here just to try and kill me?" There was a pause and she leaned back in her chair, her blue eyes not leaving Felix's face. "Good luck." She meant it.

Last edited by Kymin on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm

To see her flinch was enough to know that some part of Serenity was still in there. That would have broken the silver haired shinobi had he not been so hellbent on freedom. Ignoring Serenity's boldness he tilted his head. Zane moved into the tent without much hesitation at the command. He snapped the table in half and went straight for Serenity, razor sharp canines were ready to munch down on the healer's arm. Felix wasn't sure how he felt about this. Maybe somewhere deep down he didn't want it to be like this, but another part of him just wanted it to be over. That part was stronger and was driving him to betray a friend.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Serenity only held a small bit of wonder at how Felix was acting. It was strange, how he'd so casually walked up to her, and was now attacking her. She was glad they were close to the western gate of the village. As soon as the badger snapped down on the table, Serenity was out of her chair and heading towards the outside of the village. The Note Village was tiny, so there were no guards on the gates, and no people on the street to see them leaving. The blond healer kept a barrier of wind around her until they were a good enough distance away from the gate that no attacks would reach it. And then she stopped, her back to Felix, and let the wind barrier drop. "They don't deserve to get caught up in whatever this is," she said, turning to look at Felix with solemn eyes. "You may continue."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Felix and Zane followed after Serenity. Blue eyes glowed as Serenity spoke of leaving the villagers out of this. "How about no." The shinobi then looked to Zane and nodded to the village. Zane stalked off and Blue Banshee's scroll opened and she followed after him. The silver haired shinobi watched Serenity's face. "I don't think you really care for these people," he said with the same cold glare. "I think you're just saying that I should leave them out of this just so you won't have more work once this is over with." He placed his hands in his pocket. "I'm not here to kill you, that's impossible. I'm just here to have some fun, just like the good old days."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm

A small look of surprise passed over Serenity's face when Felix sent two of his summonings into the village. Would he have left them alone if she'd not said anything? Her eyes saddened lightly, but she didn't do anything. Even if she'd wanted to, she had no way to protect herself from Felix in the long run. Though...it didn't matter to her one way or the other. She was already in pain. What was a little bit more? "Then what are you waiting for?" A small look of pain passed over the blond's face. Why couldn't Felix leave her alone? Why did she have to be destined for something like this? "Do your worst." Blue eyes glanced at the village before dropping. Couldn't he get it over with?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Felix shook his head. "No, I won't do my worst," he said. "Not at all. I think I'll just burn this village and then I'll probably do the same to you." He grinned and it was far from friendly. "You used to be able to take me Ser, what happened?" His eyes were an icy blue as he gave a low whistle. Zane jumped on the nearest villager in sight and then started to rip the man to shreds. Banshee on the other hand was destroying buildings. Felix looked to Serenity. "I miss these days," he said quietly. "I miss watching people suffer more than me."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 pm

A small shudder passed through Serenity and she briefly closed her eyes at the mention of being burned. "If you'd really wanted to see someone suffering more than you, you should have told me and I would have stayed in the Crested," she told him quietly. Was this really why he was doing this? Just to see suffering? They really were complete opposites. Serenity didn't even turn her gaze to the village, despite the screams she heard. She wasn't going to take responsibility for Felix's actions.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Felix saw Serenity shuddered. "Does fire bother you," he asked. "Or maybe it's the thought that it reminds you of something. I remember at one point you mentioned witch trials. I was surprised that you didn't meet Kyla." The silver haired shinobi then looked to the side. "You left the village before I could tell you," he said. "You didn't even say goodbye." He frowned lightly. "Just up and walked away. Not even a note, but I guess that's to be expected from you, since I did let you know I wanted nothing to do with you. But now it's different, I actually need your help." He glanced at her. "But first we'll watch this village burn."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Serenity was silent at the mention of the witch trials. She could feel her hands trembling at the thought and it only brought her into more pain. She wondered at Felix's words, though. Had he seriously expected a good bye from her? She didn't want anything to do with him! She hadn't even before all this had happened! And now...and now he was asking for her help. The blonde woman bowed her head and turned to walk away. She would not watch this village burn to the ground. As she walked, she closed her eyes tightly in an attempt to lessen the pain enough to make it bearable. What she found was the the more she tried to suppress it, the worse it got until her eyes started watering. Why can't I just stop existing already..?

"I'll do no such thing. Watch it yourself and leave me to my own," she said quietly, wrapping her arms around herself as she walked, to keep herself from shaking.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Felix frowned when Serenity turned and walked away. His blue eyes narrowed and he gave a small sigh. "Fine. You make this complicated if you want. Either way I'm going to get what I want." He turned to the village. "Zane! Banshee! Gather the villagers up, every last one of them including the women and children. Bring them to the front so they can watch their healer walk away. So they can know this is her fault. That she brought this fate down upon them." He glanced towards Serenity. "You can walk away, you can even run away, but I will find you and the result will be the same."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 pm

"I can't give you what you want if you don't tell me what it is," Serenity called back without looking. "Do what you want. I can't stop you anyways." The healer wondered as she walked away...how hard would it be to put herself in a coma every ten years? Would something like that dull the pain? The blonde woman didn't look back as she walked, though she was starting to find it harder to keep her legs moving. She could call Syndryl, but she didn't want him trying to protect her. He didn't have to die for her. In fact, she was starting to believe it would be better to just break her contract with him right now. He'd never come without her calling before, but there was always a first time for everything, and she didn't want to risk it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Felix wasn't sure if he was believing this. Serenity would walk away and leave these people to die? The black souled shinobi turned with three kunai in hand. "I thought I was supposed to be the heartless one," the silver haired shinobi responded. "These people look up to you and all you do is abandoned them? Have you really become so lost that you don't remember what really matters to you." He didn't give a damn that his heart was being shredded. What mattered was getting to Serenity. He wanted to see at least a sliver of what he'd called a friend. The shinobi turned to look at the villagers. "Mortals lives aren't worth anything, are they? They eventually die, so what's the point in saving them." He could see the fear in the villagers eyes and the shock that Serenity was walking away when she could possibly save them. "We used to be just like them," he continue. "Does eternal life make us so different, even though we're still human? Or are we the demons in people's nightmares instead of the angels they wish for us to be?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Serenity knew what she was doing was messed up. Some part of her mortal self told her to go and beg Felix to leave those people alone. The part of her that won was the part of her that gave up. The part of her that didn't want to fight anymore. The part of her that had lived for far too long. But still, that small sliver of what could be considered mortal fought. And fought. And fought, until Serenity could no longer bear the strain of it. She didn't even hear Felix's words before she crumpled to the ground in a ball. Her cloak covered most of her body, but made it that much more apparent that it was shaking almost violently. She kept her eyes squeezed shut as tears streamed from them. The only noise that could even escape from her were choked cries. This was so much worse than being burned alive.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Felix watched Serenity crumple to the ground and for a heartbeat he thought to himself, Let her suffer. Then you can be free. And for that heartbeat he could feel the cage dissolving into nothingness and his soul felt freer that ever. He knew then that he could be free, that he could see Meridian and they could be together forever. Felix closed his eyes and reached up to the sky. This feeling was overwhelmingly peaceful, Kyla was going to keep her promise. Felix was relieved that there was nothing binding him to this earth anymore, but then he thought about all those wrongs he had to right. He had to free Kana from Madness, kill Kyla so Serenity would no longer have to suffer, and marry Kymin. Felix sighed. I'm sorry Mer, but you'll have to wait a little longer. The moment he'd accepted his fate to stay and fix the problems he'd caused, the cage around his heart came back with a vengeance.  Felix almost collapsed himself, but Zane rushed to break his fall. Felix smiled weakly. "Good boy." The silver haired shinobi pushed away from the badger and hurried to Serenity. He picked her up in his arms and looked down at her with sad eyes. "I'm sorry," he said as he held her close to him. "I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you all these years. I promise I will right what I've done to you, even if it means giving up everything." He pushed a strand of hair from her face. "I promise."

How dare you betray me, hiss Kyla somewhere in the back if his mind. How dare you try and ease her suffering. I'll rip your soul apart. I'll destroy everything you've ever cherished! Kana, Kymin, and Serenity. I'll destroy them all! Kyla's threat fell on deaf ears, for Felix did not care at the moment. She'd have to come get his soul herself and even that didn't make him cower in fear. He held back a cough as he lifted Serenity up off the ground and placed her on Zane's back. "We've got to go, now. It's not safe here."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Serenity visibly cringed when Felix touched her. But since her eyes were already closed and her body already shaking, it resulting in her jerking away from him. She didn't do anything to prevent him from picking her up after that though. She couldn't. She couldn't do anything except cry and hope the pain would go away. A sob escaped her when Felix apologized; it sounded terribly strained. Her eyes closed tighter when she felt his hand push her hair aside. She couldn't take this. "J-just kill me, please," she managed to squeak out through the pain. She was hardly even aware that she'd been moved, letalone placed on the back of an animal. She hadn't even uncurled herself from the ball she'd fallen down in, so she probably would've fallen off at any motion without even realizing it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum