The Keeper of Souls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Keeper of Souls

Post by Cross on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:13 pm

It took more than a few days before Kymin found himself capable of leaving the hotel, letalone the Stealth village. And every day he found himself staring at Felix's orb. And every time he did, he burst into tears. Vishnu tried coming to him, obviously wanting to cheer him up, but looking at the small half wolfing only made it worse. It was all he could manage to take the puppy for walks and fill up his food and water bowl while they were at the hotel. The rest of the day he found himself laying in bed. Several times Kinana came by, offering to take him and Vishnu somewhere, but each time Vishnu was the only one who ended up going. The black haired girl mentioned to Kymin that some guy with black hair, grey eyes, and a weird plush doll was looking for him. He ignored it. By the end of the first week, the black haired ninja finally decided he needed to go find Batsu before the black winged being had to come find him. It was too bad they'd never set a time or place to meet.

While walking with Vishnu through the village, his bag on his back with the orb inside it, Kymin ran into that black haired grey eyed guy. "Hey, Kymin," Jasper called, waving to get his attention. Kymin ignored him until Jasper had to come up and walk right next to him. "Hey, dude, I've been looking for you. Where ya been?"

Kymin merely glanced at him. "Leave me alone," he said tiredly.

Jasper raised an eyebrow. "What's with the cold shoulder? Hey, look though, is Felix still in the village?" When Kymin shook his head, Jasper tilted his. "Where is he?" When Kymin didn't answer, but instead simply looked down, Jasper understood. "Oh. Oh shit..." He didn't know what to say. From that one phone call he'd overheard, clearly these two had been close. "I...sorry," he said, backing off. "Look, if ya need anythin, come find me. I got a bit of free time on my hands," he said with a frown. Well he felt like a jack ass.

Kymin merely glanced at Jasper. "Thanks, but I'm heading out. I have to go find Batsu. Any idea where he was headed?"

"Not really. But it's been about a week, so wherever he was looking to go, he's probably not there now. Sorry man." Jasper paused and gave a light sigh. "Take care," he said, giving a small wave.

Kymin nodded to Jasper before starting for the gates again. He felt like shit. He probably looked it too. His hair might've been a bit messier than usual, but the biggest difference was how dull his eyes were. Shaking his head, Kymin just kept walking. And walking, and walking, until the sun was setting and he didn't know where he was. Shaking his head, he gathered up some wood to make a fire and summoned Anubis to start it up. He could use the company, even if Anubis and Vishnu were incapable of talking to him. They'd both meant something to Felix, and he was going to keep them as close as possible. Leaning against a tree, Kymin let Vishnu lay on his lap and Anubis lay next to him, keeping his backpack close. He didn't know if he'd be able to sleep tonight, and he was fine with that. About halfway through the night, however, Kymin fell fast asleep, a few hours into the afternoon. He'd felt Vishnu leave his lap, as well as Anubis, and figured they were probably taking a walk, so he didn't bother waking up. Anubis seemed like the type that would watch after beings smaller than herself.
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Keeper of Souls

Post by Batsu on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Batsu had went to the Sand and made sure all the souls were okay. His eyes seemed to brighten along with his mood once he saw that the ones being pushed out were already heading in the direction of the Unknown. Batsu followed their slow progression and once there, he followed them into the Unknown and watched them turn into new creatures. Batsu nodded in approval and then headed off to find Kymin, tracking him down by scent.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Once Kymin felt the sun was too high for him to ignore any longer, he slowly opened his eyes. He was hungry, and was sure Anubis and Vishnu were as well. The fire was out, but that was fine. The food he had didn't require heat. It wasn't anything big, since he barely ever ate anything too big when he was on missions. Yes, he was on several missions at once, in his mind. One, find Batsu and help him. Two, find Kana, make sure she's okay. Three, find Kyla and destroy her for what she'd done to Felix. And four, return to the Sand and plead with the rest of the clan to allow Felix's reincarnation.

Kymin opened his bag and gave a whistle as he pulled food out. It was a couple minutes before he heard paws coming in his direction. "You guys hungry?" he asked, when they came over. Actually, he wasn't feeling very hungry himself. He'd probably just feed these two and get a move on. He realized when he looked up that he wouldn't have to feed Anubis, for the silver fox had a dead rabbit hanging from its mouth. Kymin would have smiled if he weren't so depressed. "Looks like you already got your lunch, huh?" He couldn't help but wonder how long it took Anubis to catch the rabbit when Vishnu had been likely trying to play with the small creature and scaring it away constantly. Or maybe Anubis had been teaching the half wolf pup how to hunt. Shaking his head, Kymin pulled out Vishnu's bowl and filled it with his food, petting the puppy when he started chowing down. He ignored the two of them eating for the mean time and just took out a bottle of water, downing half of it in one go. He froze when he realized it. He could've taken Felix to a lake. The water spirit probably could have been able to help heal Felix, he'd done it before, hadn't he? And just like that, Kymin ended up on a guilt trip that made him lean back against the tree and close his eyes so he didn't start tearing up. "I'm sorry Fe..."
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 am

Batsu had located Kymin by following his scent. As odd as it sounded. When he came upon the black haired male, he landed with ease. "Kymin," he said with a step forward. "I've made sure everything is right on my end, I'm ready to give you my soul now." The red eyed creature had avoided eating anything human for the past week or so, so he'd felt a bit accomplished. He then blinked. "Um, are you okay?" He stepped forward again. "You don't look so hot, did something happen?"

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Green eyes opened when he heard someone call him. Looked like Batsu had found him first. He cringed lightly when the red haired being said he was ready to give him his soul. He didn't want to take anymore souls any time soon. But he'd given Batsu his word, so he didn't have much choice. The black haired male stood up and leaned against the tree instead of sitting against it. He shook his head at Batsu's first question. "Yeah...something happened," he said. He didn't explain any further than that. "Even if I took you to the Unknown to get your own body, you'd still need souls to survive, wouldn't you?" he asked quietly.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Batsu didn't understand this sudden change in mood with Kymin. "What's wrong with you?" The red haired creature looked around. "Where's your friend, I thought you were looking for him." Batsu hadn't noticed that the guy's soul looked dull. "I'm not sure if I'd still need souls," he told the green eyed male. "But it's worth a try I guess."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Kymin's gaze fell to the ground when Batsu asked where his 'friend' was. His eyes were narrow and he shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it," he said simply. "If it doesn't work, if you still need souls to survive...there wouldn't be any way to avoid me having to destroy your soul, would there?" He...he didn't want to destroy Batsu's soul. He wanted to find some way for this colorless soul to somehow exist without pain. The black haired samurai knew that these were the types of choices he'd have to continue making if he continued being with the Onihana clan, but he wasn't ready to stop existing yet, so he'd have to stay with them a little longer.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:09 pm

(Awwww.)

Batsu had a feeling something bad had happened since Kymin didn't want to talk about it. "Okay." He then tilted his head. "If you don't want to do it I'll just got to the Onihana like I'd planned to do from the beginning." He gave a small shrug. "I mean who knows what will happen once I get my new body, so it's worth a try, especially since they might kill Cross trying to get to me." Batsu didn't want that. He just wanted to be pain free.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Kymin was glad that Batsu allowed him to drop the subject. He'd break down again if he had to talk about Felix so soon. "No," he said quickly, when Batsu said he'd just go to the Onihana. He didn't think that the Onihana would allow Batsu a peaceful death, even if they knew who the soul once was. "I'll do it, but...I just...want to know if there's any other options for you. I don't...I don't want to destroy your soul if I don't have to," he said, his voice becoming a bit hoarse. Clearing his throat, Kymin looked off to the side. He wanted to wait for Vishnu to finish eating before they moved, because he was sure Anubis would have no troubles catching up if she wasn't finished with her meal by the time they left.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Batsu shrugged when Kymin said he would do it, but he wanted more options. "Just get this over with for me. I don't care if you want to destroy my soul or not. I didn't ask for you all to shove my soul into another body only to be rejected." Batsu wasn't very sympathetic anymore. "Your Clan should stop playing God and let us souls be free." The red eyed man frowned with disgust.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Kymin paused when Batsu told him to just get it over with. And then he had to go and remind him about what had happened with his Master. Kymin would have been fine, if it hadn't been for the last bit Batsu had said. The black haired ninja paled a shade and felt damn near ready to hurl after that. Instead, he kept it down and just nodded. "R-right." He waved Batsu forward before starting a jutsu. He'd separate the souls here, even though he didn't really have a way of transporting Batsu's soul safely to the Unknown. It would be fine for him to just 'hold' it the whole way, but after a while it would start burning his hand. Souls had a habit of doing that if they were in contact with a body that wasn't theirs.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Batsu didn't understand why Kymin was turning colors. He shrugged it off and stepped forward. He wondered if this would hurt. He hoped not. His wings shook behind him, dropping off a feather or two. "If I get a new body, I want wings." He was just talking just to talk. He didn't conversate much, but he was trying to distract himself.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Kymin hadn't realized it until just this moment, when the black winged creature was approaching him. He always said that he was nothing like his clan, that it wasn't even his clan, yet here he was, extracting souls like it was nothing. Two in one week. While that wasn't unusual while he was in the Sand, out here, where it was more unorthodox, he felt like he was the biggest piece of scum on Earth. He was just like his clan, and he was just a coward. "I'll see what I can do," he said quietly. He had to try to keep his hand from shaking when he placed it over Batsu's chest, letting the being's soul get pulled towards him. The thing was, he was pulling two souls. It was like they were intertwined, but not so they were unable to be untangled. Kymin let the jutsu flow to his other hand, so that when the two souls came out, he could use that free hand to gently pull the colorless soul and the unbelievably dark blue soul apart. Once they were both apart, Kymin carefully replaced the dark blue soul into the body. "Anubis," he called gently. "I need you to find a little girl with white hair."

"I'm already here," came a soft voice. Little Alice was standing not too far away, peeking from behind a tree. "I've been following Cross to make sure he would be okay..." It seemed to Kymin that the little girl would wait here until "Cross" woke up (considering the body had collapsed the moment the souls were out of it and had changed appearance), but he knew it wouldn't be safe to leave her here alone. At the same time, if he didn't move fast, Batsu's soul would begin burning his hand. "You can go take care of him now. It's okay," she said. Kymin swore this child could read his thoughts, because this was the third time it had happened since he'd met this strange girl.

The black haired male glanced to the soul in his hand before looking to Alice again and picking his bag up. "Anubis, Vishnu," he called. He then looked back to Alice. "You sure you'll..." When Alice nodded, Kymin sighed and turned to head off. It was a good thing the Unknown wasn't far, or else Kymin wasn't sure he'd have been able to make it before breaking down.

Passing through the gates of the Unknown, the two canines followed behind the green eyed male as he let the colorless soul go free. He didn't know if Batsu would immediately change, or if he'd still need to consume souls, which was why he planned on following the soul if it floated off before changing.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Batsu's soul floated about peacefully once in the Unknown. He seemed pretty content now that he didn't need to consume souls. He decided that he'd float around until he found a river. When he reached it he floated around before he was surrounded by white light. As he transformed he became a younger male with grey eyes and red hair. He was dressed in a dark blue jogging suit and behind him his wings spread out in an array of black feathers. Batsu smiled with happiness. He didn't feel a need to hunt and he felt at peace.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Kymin shook his hand off lightly once he'd let Batsu go. It was burned pretty badly. He honestly couldn't say he cared though. Nothing much mattered to him anymore. The black haired samurai followed the colorless soul through the Unknown. He still found the sight of colorlessness appalling, but at least he knew the soul was no longer evil. The green eyed male blinked, covering his eyes lightly once the white light surrounded the soul. Kymin took a moment to look at Batsu's new form. It was much less intimidating than the last. He supposed that was a good thing. "How do you feel?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. He really hoped he wouldn't have to destroy Batsu's soul...
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Batsu looked towards Kymin a bit startled. He'd been so caught up in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed Kymin had been following him. "I-I feel better." He smiled lightly and then rubbed his wings. "I don't know what to do though. I've got my own body, but I don't have a purpose." He kind of wanted to ask if he could tag along with the former samurai, but he decided against it. "Either way I don't think I need souls, so yeah." He shrugged. "I guess I'll leave you alone now. Thanks."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Kymin gave a relieved sigh at Batsu's words, blinking though, when the guy said he'd leave him alone now. "Why not just make sure the souls make it here okay? I mean...it's not much, but...it's something, until you can find some other purpose," he said, turning his gaze to the side. Next on the list was to find Kana. Though he probably should have taken Felix's soul to the Onihana to make sure it was safe, he...he just didn't want to part with his soul mate yet. Didn't trust Felix's soul in the hands of anyone else. Couldn't trust Felix's soul in the hands of anyone else.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Batsu shrugged. "I saw them going to the Unknown on their own, but I guess I can do that." He sounded unsure, but he'd go through with it. "Maybe I'll travel a little and probably run into Serenity." He smiled at the thought. Yeah, that would be nice, but she wouldn't recognize him. He supposed that wouldn't cause too much of a problem. "I don't know, I'll figure something out." Batsu wasn't sure if he wanted to stay in the Unknown though. Somewhere out there was Oblivion. He nearly shuddered.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Kymin nodded lightly when Batsu said he could do that. He didn't know how else he could help this being. He was exhausted, and not just from traveling to the Unknown. He almost wished this life were over, so he could start his next one with Felix by his side. But he still had things to do. So many things to do, but so little willpower left. Kymin sighed. "I wish you all the best, then." He paused and looked down. "I still have things to take care of, so I'll see you around," he said, turning to start back to where he came from. Hopefully the entrance hadn't disappeared. He would have whistled for Anubis and Vishnu to follow along, but they were right behind him the moment he started walking away. Kymin put one hand in his pocket as he walked, the other a bit too burned to put it into his pocket comfortably.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top