Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Phantom's Sword

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Phantom's Sword - Page 2 Empty Re: The Phantom's Sword

Post by The Godfather Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Batsu looked very uncomfortable when he saw Cross. He knew this man and at the same time he didn't. "I...." He tried not to look too baffled, but it was hard not to. "Hello," he greeted. "You're the one from the Unknown. The one who took Kymin's dog and met us when he...." Batsu trailed off with a glance at Cross. He should apologize, but he wasn't too sure. Maybe the guy didn't know anything, so everything would be good.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Cross looked the red haired malen over for a few good long moments. He didn't have any family that he knew of, and he'd never met someone with black wings like his before, so this was a...fairly odd, occurrence. But Alice said that this guy would tell him what had happened, why he'd been unconscious. To be honest, Cross had never been a very curious being, but this was something way too out of the ordinary to ignore. The raven haired male tilted his head, dark blue eyes inquiring. "Who are you? Alice says you know something about what happened to me, but I don't recall ever meeting you." He knew from the look on the guy's face that he'd somehow recognized him, but the question was how?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Batsu didn't like the way Cross was looking at him. And he didn't feel any better when the guy asked him to explain what had happened. The grey eyed male looked to Alice, then to Jasper, before his gaze finally rested on Cross. "My name is Batsu," he answered. The once fierce creature suddenly felt very small compared to the body he once inhabited. "And....for a good few-er, twelve years now...I've been...using your body as a vessel because I didn't have my own. I apologize."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Cross waited patiently for an answer from the red haired being. He was expecting a meek 'I don't know', from the way the man was looking around at everyone. He expected a lie, but when he got the truth, he closed his eyes and gave a tiny sigh. "So that's what it was." The raven haired man didn't seem too perturbed by what he'd just heard, and seemed to just shrug it off. "Since you've found your own body, I take it you've found what you were looking for." He supposed he should've considered it an honor that the guy kept his black wings when getting his own body, but he didn't quite care. Wings were useful and that was all there was to it. "Should I take care when passing through villages?" He asked, as if it would be of no inconvenience to him. He didn't usually speak so much, but it was better safe than sorry, in his mind. Cross' dark eyes had lost their inquiring nature once he'd found out why his memory had been lost. He didn't have anyone besides Alice who would notice his absence, and really he had no life to have been missed from, so he honestly didn't care. He was only glad this fool hadn't gotten his body destroyed.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Batsu expected Cross to be a bit more cross about the situation (no pun intention). Honestly, he'd taken twelve years of this guy's life and Cross had simply shrugged it off. Batsu found it odd, but he wasn't complaining. He nodded quickly when Cross asked if he had found what he was looking for. The grey eyed male was quiet for a moment when Cross asked if he was going to need to be careful. "You're not as vicious looking, so you should be okay, " he joked lightly. "But no, you should be fine. I was known by red hair and eyes and fire." He shook his head. "Again I'm very sorry."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm

While it wouldn't have been very inconvenient for him, Cross was glad he didn't have to worry about passing through the villages. He enjoyed his work sometimes, and it was nice to not have to worry too much. The larger male closed his eyes for a moment when Batsu apologized again. "Stop apologizing. Whether you're sorry you took my body or not, you don't regret doing it, so it doesn't matter. What does matter is that you accomplished what you needed to."

Alice smiled. "Cross is getting soft," she said, looking up at the raven haired male. When he shot her a look, she only giggled, especially since she'd nearly made him smile again. "He's okay since you're known for fire," she told Batsu. "Cross uses light, so no one will mistake him for you," she smiled. She smiled brightly and shook her head when the red haired being said Cross didn't look as vicious. "No, he's definitely scary too." Her onyx eyes shined with happiness when she saw the corner of Cross' mouth twitch into a small smile. She liked that she could make him smile.

Boreas didn't pay much attention to the conversation, or to the dark haired man, since he'd seen the dude fighting in the Unknown a couple times. The white haired girl was less familiar than this guy Cross was. Instead, he was paying attention to the silver haired fairy that had flown back over to him when Cross had addressed Batsu. The little winged creature was currently hiding inside his jacket pocket. Boreas really had to work on getting rid of that shyness of hers so he could show her bits and pieces of the world.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Batsu looked at Cross with a wary look. He did regret taking over his body. All he'd wanted to do was live and he'd gone about it all in the wrong way. Batsu sighed and rubbed the side of his arm in relief when Alice butted in and said that the raven haired male wouldn't be mistaken for the God of Chaos, even if the guy could be intimidating, like now. "Thank you, for not being upset," he said to Cross. He looked to Alice. "And to you for bringing him to me, giving me the chance to explain."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Cross nodded lightly when Batsu thanked him, glancing to Alice when she smiled brightly when the red haired male thanked her as well. "Now it's all nice," she said happily. She then looked to Boreas. "Aren't you looking for something?" The white haired girl blinked her pure black eyes and tilted her head at the black haired male.

Boreas looked up at the question, taken off guard at having been addressed. "Huh? Oh. Right. Hey you," he said, addressing Cross. Whether the guy had wings or not, he was still human, or so Boreas thought. "Seen a guy with white hair and a red and white cloak? He was probably carrying a glowing sword or staff." God damn that thing for always changing it's appearance.

Cross looked bluntly at Boreas at the way the guy had caught his attention. "Not for several years now." Cross was sure that if this guy had been a cat, his ears would have perked up. "I saw him just outside the Unknown. Don't know where he went after that though. I was going into the Unknown, and he wasn't."

Boreas sighed. "Some help you are." No, no, that did help, Jasper thought. Now we know the guy who stole it from us was alive several years ago, so he could still be alive now! "Just how many years ago?"

Cross paused. "Considering I've been out for twelve years, I'd say somewhere around fourteen or fifteen."

Boreas' orange eyes looked almost excited at the revelation and he looked to Batsu. "Well, we know who we're lookin' for," he said with a grin. This was awesome. He didn't have as much desire to die as Jasper had, but this was good for the black haired guy, he guessed, so it had to be good for him too.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Batsu fell silent as the other two males started their own separate conversation. Batsu had said all he needed to. So now he was just waiting. He flinched lightly when Cross mentioned how he'd been out for twelve years. He looked fairly guilty at the thought. Batsu's facial expression changed when he saw Boreas looking to him. "So we should get a move on then. The faster we get going the quicker you two can rest."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Alice noticed the look of guilt on Batsu's face, but didn't say anything about it. She knew he felt bad about it, and she'd let Cross know so later. But now, everything seemed to be falling into place. She remembered the man with the staff. She'd talked briefly with the cryptic stranger before he said he couldn't stay near the Unknown any longer. Since Cross told her not to go anywhere with strangers, she didn't talk to him anymore after that.

Boreas nodded lightly when Batsu said they should get moving. He looked to Cross and Alice. "Did you two need anything else?" he asked, just because Jasper had insisted he do so. He didn't want to be polite to the raven haired male, because he was human. The little girl, on the other hand, was clearly not human. Or if she was, she was probably an albino with black eyes, which, despite the perfect paleness of her skin, was unlikely.

Cross looked to Alice, waiting to see if she had anymore questions. When she shook her head, Cross did the same. He stopped though, at Alice's sudden change of mind. "Ooh, wait, Cross, can we go with them?" The raven haired male blinked in surprise, though his face remained practically unreadable. "They might be going to see interesting people and things, and you said I shouldn't go with strangers unless you're with me," she insisted with a smile. "And maybe we can help them!"

Boreas glanced to Batsu. "I don't care either way," he said bluntly. "It's up to you. We're still going to see Serenity, right?" Maybe she had seen this person. She'd been around for a long while, and so had he. Hell, maybe she even knew something about him and where he could be found.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 am

Batsu looked at Alice as she asked Cross if the two could tag along. He found her to be such an odd little being. Grey eyes turned to Boreas when the orange eyed male spoke. "I don't mind," he said. He really didn't, but it would be odd traveling with Cross. He then nodded. "Yes, I would still like to go and visit her, if that's okay with you." Batsu found this entire thing to be turning into one big adventure. He'd never cared much for the things he'd done in life, but now that it wasn't all about survival, he was open to new things. Right now Boreas and Jasper were his only real friends and it wouldn't hurt to make more, right?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 am

Boreas nearly sighed when Batsu said he didn't mind. Damn it, he thought irritably. He didn't want to travel with humans. It was bad enough he had to put up with Jasper all the time. "All the same to me, I wanna ask her if she's seen that guy, and Jasper wants to visit her." He paused when Jasper realized it. Serenity had probably still been close with Felix. How was he going to break the news to her? Should he even bother? He looked to Cross and Alice. "We're heading to the Gears. Need to grab anything before we go?" He didn't care if they did. If they needed anything, they could just meet them halfway there.

The tallest male of the three shook his head and glanced to Alice, who did the same. When the orange eyed male started to walk off, Cross didn't move. "The Gears is in the opposite direction," he stated plainly, which made Boreas freeze in his tracks. Figuratively speaking.

The black haired undead was quiet for a long few moments before he turned and started off with an irritated look on his face in the direction that the Gears was apparently in. Boreas mumbled under his breath, despite Jasper's orders to cut it out and grow up. If Boreas hadn't liked Cross before, it was even more apparent now.

Alice smiled at the silly little demon and took Cross' hand, skipping happily next to him. She was happy as long as she was with Cross, he was like her big brother. She couldn't ever tell her dad that though. Her daddy was a jealous daddy sometimes. "Come on mister Batsu," she called, looking back at the red haired being.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Batsu smiled lightly when Boreas was told that the Gears was in the opposite direction. He could see the guy wasn't too thrilled about that. When Alice called for him to follow he turned and trailed behind the group, wondering just how well this was going to go. His grey eyes gazed up to the sun for a brief moment before looking back down to the three in front of him. Maybe my purpose is to travel with them for the time being. I can easily find souls this way.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:17 pm

It took them a couple days to get to and through the mountain pass that led to the Gears, and Cross had insisted on going off on his own both nights so that he could get to a village to get food for Alice. He hadn't really needed to grab anything from his home, because he carried most of what he needed in his jacket. Usually it would be enough money for him and Alice to last two weeks. Not once did Cross inquire as to why they were going to the Gears. Mostly because Alice never gave him the chance to. Curious as she was, she asked many questions as often as she could. Boreas had been glad that Cross remained quiet for the most part, though found it funny that a guy like that felt so uncomfortable leaving Alice alone with Batsu and him. Funny, but not surprising.

Just after they'd started off on the third day, as noon was approaching, Alice pointed down the mountain. "Hey, look, look there's the village!" she exclaimed excitedly, starting quicker along the path that led down the mountain.

Cross' eyes widened ever so lightly and he followed after her. "Be careful," he said evenly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Batsu kept quiet through most of the trip. Occassionally he'd spot a wondering soul and find out if it was on it's way to the Unknown, other than that he kept to himself. Both Boreas and Jasper were good people, but he was still learning how to get used to not looking at people as though they were a food source. When they finally exited the mountain pass and the village came into view, Batsu smiled. Serenity was somewhere in there. He shook his wings lightly, showering the ground with a few black feathers. He headed down after the group, trying not to look too eager.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Cross only relaxed once they were at the bottom of the path, just outside the village. He'd been here before, but he still pondered at the fact that this village's gate was very poorly guarded. For enemies who could fly, this place was a very easy target. Not to mention so many things could be smuggled in. But maybe that was why this village was so technologically advanced.

Alice smiled at Boreas and Batsu, the former of whose eyes had turned grey. She wondered why they did that. "So, so, so, can I meet this Serenity lady, huh?" she asked excitedly. "She sounds really nice," she said with a nod.

Jasper smiled at the small child. She was adorable, but so freaking weird. "I don't think it would hurt. And she is really nice, at least from what I remember," he said, glancing to Batsu. "How was she the last time you saw her?"

Serenity had indeed gone to the Gears, and planned on staying there for a while, just in case Felix took a good while to finish whatever he was doing. She tried to focus on where she wanted to go next, but she just couldn't. She didn't have plans anymore, because she wasn't sure she wanted to settle down again. She had a lot of money saved up, but eventually it would run out, so she knew she had to make a plan for the future. Syndryl remained with her, but often stayed in his human form to avoid suspicion and causing fear. He was always walking by her side, no matter where she went, taking in the sounds and smells of the Gears. He commented on more than one occasion that something in the distance smelled really good. Once they'd found the place, it turned out that there was a small festival going on, and what Syndryl was smelling was meat being cooked on sticks. Of course, Serenity ended up buying him a whole bunch of them, even though he said it was fine. He seemed embarrassed when she bought so many, but she claimed that she was going to help him eat some of them, but most were for him. She found it funny, that Syndryl was becoming more and more human-like the more he hung out with her. Of course, she'd taken into consideration that it might've been the human body he'd been given, but either way, she found it funny to have him acting like that.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Batsu couldn't get over the fact that Alice was such a strange little being. She always seemed so carefree and bubbly while her friend, Cross was the exact opposite. The red haired male looked a bit startled when Jasper asked him how Serenity was. "Um, she seemed happy enough," he said with a shrug. He'd been attempting to pick up her scent, but the mouthwatering smell of meat was a distraction. He seemed to grow a bit embarrassed when his stomach rumbled. He was a bit hungry.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Once they approached the gates, Cross paused for a moment. They'd upped their security. He glanced at Batsu. How much damage had that guy done with his body? They were stopped at the gates, and no one commented too much on Cross, or Alice, or Jasper. But once one of them recognized Batsu, the guards very nearly raised the alarm. Cross placed a hand firmly on one of their shoulders. "They're all with me. He's not who you think he is. It's just unlucky coincidence that he should have red hair and wings." The guard stared at Cross for a moment before telling the four of them to stay put. The guard spoke with the other guards for a few long moments, each of them glancing at Cross and Batsu, the former of whom had his wings comfortably folded behind his back. Once they were let through, he nodded to the guards and carried on, with Alice once more skipping happily next to him. Once they were in the village, the white haired girl turned to look at Jasper and Batsu as she walked backwards. "Cross comes here a lot, so they know him," she smiled. "Lucky lucky you," she giggled, particularly at Batsu. When his stomach growled, she smiled knowingly and tugged on Cross' jacket. "Let's go get some food." She paused and looked around. "Smells like there's a festival! Come on Cross!" Grabbing Cross' hand, she excitedly started off in the direction of the noises and smells, dragging the larger male along with her, even though he didn't put up any resistance.

Jasper shook his head lightly, but smiled, the fairy on his shoulder doing the same. "Those two make an odd pair, huh?" he said, looking towards Batsu. "Well, if there's a festival going on, might as well go check it out. Chances are, Serenity will be there anyways." He realized just then that he didn't have much money on him. He didn't need to eat, or do any of the things humans needed to do, and he'd only taken a couple odd jobs while wandering around for the hell of it. The amount of money he had though would surely be enough to buy a good amount at a festival though, especially since things were fairly cheap. Taking out what he had, he handed it to Batsu. "Here, I don't need it anyways," he smiled, beckoning the red haired being to follow along.

Serenity had found her and Syndryl a couple seats at a picnic table that was under a white canvas tent. The tent was open on all sides, but there was still quite a bit of traffic going in and out. The blond sat next to the blind, black haired creature beside her, eating one of the sticks of cooked meat, and watching Syndryl eagerly eat his. She tried not to laugh or giggle, because she didn't want to embarrass the dragon any further.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Batsu looked uneasy when the guards almost raised the alarm. His wings rattled behind him, but he made no other move. He waited for the guards to make their decision. When they settled on letting him through he relaxed a bit, but remained wary. The grey eyed male looked to Alice as she spoke on how lucky they were to have Cross. He fully agreed, but he wouldn't say as much. He became a bit more embaressed as Alice asked Cross if they could grab a bite to eat. He felt like a complete child. The winged creature turned to Jasper when addressed. "I don't think I should wander around the village," he mumbled. "Too many people are out and I don't want to cause a panic." He looked off to the side. "I'm going to wait outside before I attract unwanted attention." He really didn't want to cause any problems for anyone.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Jasper paused and nearly rolled his eyes when Batsu said he'd wait outside the gates. "That would look even more suspicious." If it had been Batsu out, 'dumbass' would have been added to the end of that sentence. The black haired male pushed Batsu forward. "We'll get you a hat, so chill out," he said. "Besides, I doubt they'd tell the villagers what the one who destroyed the villages looks like anyways. Maybe the ninja, but if you're walking around with someone else, you'll be fine," he said, giving Batsu another, smaller push. "Now get a move on, I'm hungry too." Lies. He couldn't eat.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Batsu looked a bit lost, but he said nothing. Instead he nodded. He wasn't too sure about this. He decided he'd just stay close to Jasper and the others in case a situation came up. He really didn't want to be here. "Okay." He followed in the direction of Alice and Cross. The red haired male scented the air for Serenity, but there were so many people that it was hard to concentrate, especially when they moved through a group of kids and they took to tugging on his wings. If he were still evil he would have set them on fire.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Jasper nodded in approval when Batsu decided to go along with them. Might as well show both him and Fara bits of the world while he could. Maybe if they went through enough villages, people would forget about the Red Menace, or the God of Chaos, or whatever each region had taken to calling him. Once Jasper saw the kids pulling on Batsu's wings, Boreas growled at him to tell them to stop. "Hey, cut it out you guys, those aren't toys," he told them firmly. He'd stopped walking for a moment to look at the kids to let them know he was serious. He'd shoo them away himself if he had to.

Not too far away, Alice had dragged Cross over to a stand that was selling cotton candy and was trying to convince him to buy her some. "You haven't even eaten lunch yet," he said lowly. "Don't make that face at me. I'll get you some after you have something for lunch," he said, when she pouted up at him. "Do you want some yakisoba, looks like they're selling some over there," he asked casually, motioning further off. The fried noodle stand also happened to be right next to the stand that was selling the cooked meat, and Alice glanced back to see if Jasper and Batsu were still following.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:21 am

Batsu was glad that Jasper had intervened. He wasn't sure how to handle children. He was beginning to feel as though he'd made the wrong decision in taking on this form. He should have made Kymin destroy his soul. He glanced to the children who had left his wings alone but were now scowling at Jasper as they walked away. Batsu shook his wings out to straighen the feathers. The red haired male was silent for a moment. "Thanks." He then looked to Alice and Cross. He was sure that if he had less control over himself, the smell of cooked meat would have had him drooling. "Chow time," he asked Jasper with curious grey eyes. Those eyes narrowed though. He smelled something familiar. A scent that stood out among the rest. "Dragon," he almost growled. The wings on Batsu's back were rustling as if he were on edge, which he was. The smell of dragon meant Syndryl which also mant Serenity. You'd expect him to be happy, but he couldn't be. He suddenly found himself not a friend of dragons.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Jasper nodded when Batsu thanked him. "Don't worry about it. But next time, just tell them to get lost. They're just little kids." Yeah, Jasper had lost a lot if his humanity in the Unknown. In his past life he had been much, much kinder. Especially to children. He'd even had to resist Boreas' urging to stick out his tongue at the kids as they scowled at him. Instead he just gave them a curt glare. He nodded when Batsu asked him if they could go eat, chuckling a bit. He swore Boreas had rubbed off on him. He'd never been so unkind to humans and so kind to non-humans. He looked at Batsu curiously though, when the guy's wings started rustling. "Dragon..?" The hell was this guy talking about?

Alice finally gave in when Cross refused to buy her cotton candy first, and went over to Batsu, taking his hand like any other little kid would. "Come on mister, let's go get some food," she smiled, pulling him along towards the meat stand.

Syndryl, at this point, had finished off about two-thirds of the meat that Serenity had bought him, but stopped and looked up mid-bite. There was a familiar feeling in the air, and he told the blond haired woman that when she questioned him. Serenity looked around curiously, but there were too many people to see anything out of the ordinary. The only thing she could still clearly see was the line that was waiting in front of the stand selling the cooked meat she'd bought earlier.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm

"I know...but..." Batsu trailed off. What did it matter. He'd have to learn how to take care of himself eventually. The red haired male nodded when Jasper repeated what he'd just said about a dragon being in the area. He forgot that they couldn't smell what he could smell. He was about to say something else when Alice took his hand and pulled him towards the meat stand. He followed after her with an unreadable expression on his face. Batsu wanted to find out where the dragon scent was coming from.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next