In an alternate dimension...

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In an alternate dimension...

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Kim blinked in surprise at the ease in which Felix moved about and sent one of the men through the bathroom door. Yeah, this guy was a ninja alright. He wondered if these two drunkards were as well. He turned his attention back to the guy left standing, stumbling back a bit when he was pushed. He had to catch onto a table to keep himself from falling, but didn't strike back. In fact, he didn't even look angry or annoyed at all. He held back a sigh at the question and instead kept his same calm grin. "It doesn't matter who I am. I'm just a civilian trying to make sure nobody murders anyone else tonight," he joked lightly. "But seriously, you guys are pretty wasted. Don't you think you should give it a rest and head home?" Honestly, he didn't even care that Felix had told him to take care of the rest. The guy was busy with his new girlfriend, probably making sure she was okay. Eve, on the other hand, was sitting at the far end of the bar looking a bit worried. She glanced at Felix. Didn't he know that Kim wouldn't defend himself properly if things went south?
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 am

Felix took April over to Eve. "April this is Eve. Eve this is April." He looked to see how Kim was fairing, blinking when the guy got pushed. Felix sighed. Did Kim even know how to defend himself? He took one last look at April and then started back for the altercation point.

The guy that had pushed Kim frowned. "How about you mind your own business," he growled. "I don't see you paying for my drinks." He started for Kim looking ready to fight.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am

Eve gave April a small friendly wave. "Hi," she said, giving a small smile. Despite her friendliness, she was still worried about Kim. She decided to be less worried about him when Felix started back over there, though, and turned her attention to April. "Are you okay?" she asked, her worry instead being placed in her attention to the girl who'd just been grabbed by a drunk scumbag. There were a lot of those in the Gears. And this wasn't even the red light district.

Kim matched the guy's steps, but instead of moving forward, they were moving him backwards, indicating that he clearly didn't want to fight with this guy. Another indicator was that he held up his hands in front of him with an almost nervous grin. "Hey, look now, I don't want to fight, okay? It's not my business whether or not you decide to go home, but I'd really appreciate it if you and your friend would stop cornering innocent women," he said, chuckling nervously.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 pm

"I'm fine," April said quietly. "Thanks for asking." Her eyes were round and the fear was still plastered on her face. She watched Felix go, feeling a bit unnerved.

The guy wasn't hearing it. "You don't want a fight but you want to butt into everyone's business," he asked as he took a swing at Kim. Felix would have moved in to help if he'd know that Kim was a complete idiot and refused to fight, but he was unaware. Therefore he continued to move at snail pace towards the others.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Eve gave a small nod, but figured she'd try and help calm the other girl down a little. "How long have you known Felix?" she asked curiously, trying to ignore the situation going on further on in the bar. However, when she saw Kim get hit, she immediately rose to her feet in worry. She hated that he wouldn't fight back. She understood that he didn't want to hurt people, but now he was the one getting hurt!

"Look, I'll-" Kim had started to say that he'd butt out, but was cut off by a punch across his face. If it wasn't for the bar directly behind him, he would have gone sprawling across the floor. Instead he crashed right into the counter. Kim slowly lifted a hand to rub the side of his face as he tried to straighten back up. He refused to fight back. Instead, he just looked at the guy who'd hit him, his brown eyes relatively calm, despite the situation. "You done?"
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 pm

"I just met him an hour ago," April admitted. She flinched when she heard a crash and looked to see what was going on after Eve stood up. When she saw Kim on the counter she blinked. Why were people so cruel?

Felix didn't understand why Kim didn't try to defend himself, but he did understand one thing. It was about to become a real bloody mess. When Kim asked the other male if he was done, the first step the guy took was right into Felix's fist. There seemed to be a moment of absolute silence before there was a small crunch. The man went falling backwards, hands on his face as he screamed bloody murder. Felix had broken his nose. "Shut up, you're lucky I didn't break your neck like I'd originally planned on doing." He looked to Kim. "You okay," he asked.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Kim's eyes widened lightly when he saw that Felix was suddenly in front of him, and visibly cringed when the silver haired ninja broke the other guy's nose. God that was sickening. Even worse were the screams that came afterwards, making Kim's face pale a shade. "You didn't have to do that," he said calmly, swallowing. "But yeah...I'm fine," he said, rubbing the side of his face for just a moment longer before lowering his hand. Only thing was, now his side was killing him, because that was what had crashed into the corner of the counter. There'd probably be a bruise there later.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 pm

The silver haired jonin shrugged. "He deserved it and you didn't look like you were planning to put up much of a fight," he stated plainly. "If you're going to stand around and be a punching bag, do it on someone else's time." He turned away and started for the girls. "You two okay," he asked. April nodded slowly. Had she really just watched Felix break someone's nose?

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Kim blinked. On someone else's time? "That's because I don't fight." A pause and he looked off to the side. "And I don't remember ever being put on your time." He didn't need a babysitter. When Felix walked over to the girls, Eve nodded, but soon made her way over to Kim with an annoyed expression on her face. "Why are you such an idiot?" she asked bluntly, flicking his forehead. "I know you don't fight, but at least defend yourself. It doesn't count if it's to protect yourself," she huffed, crossing her arms. Kim gave an embarrassed grin, his usual demeanor hiding his annoyance at everyone's insistence that he change his ways. "It does count though, if it's hurting someone else," he said lightly. Despite that the two of them had broken up, Eve seemed to still care very much about the blue haired mechanic.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Felix ignored Kim as he spoke. So the guy didn't fight. How stupid could one get. Felix didn't give a damn whether or not the guy fought back, but being a punching bag in front of two women that are already terrified was pointless. "Want me to walk you home," Felix asked April. When she nodded he went over to Kim with the brunette scampering behind him like a puppy. "I'm taking her home," he stated. "I figured you should know since I'm staying at your house, unless you've changed your mind."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Kim glanced to Felix when he said that he was taking April home. "Thanks for letting me know." A pause and he shook his head. "I haven't. You're still welcome to stay there." Once Felix left, Kim sighed. Would that guy be more trouble than he was worth? He hoped not. Despite all that had happened, Kim sat back down at the bar, insisting that he buy Eve a couple drinks before the two of them went their separate ways.

It was nearly two hours later that Kim returned to his home, and while he did have the strong scent of alcohol on him, he seemed to be perfectly sober. He'd had a fair bit to drink, and now he was just feeling sort of mellow. He'd forgotten about the incident earlier after the two had rushed out of the bar, one with a broken nose and the other insisting his ribs were broken from the kick. Kim didn't believe the last one. He'd forgotten to get Felix's number, so he couldn't tell the guy that the door to his house was locked. He felt a bit bad now, and wondered just where Felix was. Unlocking the door, he didn't bother locking it back up, just in case the silver haired ninja would be coming along soon.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Felix nodded and then moved towards the door, paying for the beers and any possible damage before he left. Beside him April walked in silence. When they got to her apartment she thanked him and invited him inside. He declined but exchanged numbers with her. He watched her house for a while, making sure they hadn't been followed and then left for Kim's place. When he got there and there was no answer he got directions to the other bar and had a few drinks there. When he was done he went back to Kim's and knocked again, his blue gaze focused on the moon.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Kim rested sprawled comfortably on the couch, watching a random documentary about space. While he was a mechanic, who focused mostly on the material world, it was a little known fact that the universe outside the earth puzzled and intrigued him to no end. When there was a knock on the door, Kim muted the television. "Who is it," he called cautiously. He knew he was expecting Felix, but sometimes he had unexpected and unwelcomed visitors to his home. Getting up, the blue haired male started quietly towards the door, prepared to quickly lock it if the company was indeed unexpected.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:28 pm

"It's Felix," he spoke when the other male questioned who it was. Felix looked at the door. He was a bit chilly out here. It really wasn't cold, but he would prefer to be inside. "I just got back from that bar you were talking about. It was less troublesome and I didn't have to break any bones," he added quietly. That was more of him blowing off steam rather than talking to Kim.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Kim was visibly relieved that it was Felix, but he took only a moment to regain his composure before opening the door with a smile and motioning for the silver haired ninja to come in. "How's that girl?" he asked. He hoped she was okay. He wasn't going to ask anything more than that, considering he didn't really want to know if they'd done anything more after he'd taken her home. That wasn't his business, and he didn't want to know about it. Once Felix was inside, he closed and locked the door, now that he wasn't expecting anyone else. "There's a few more onigiri in the kitchen from earlier if you want them," he said, plopping back down on the couch. His side didn't hurt as much anymore, but it still throbbed lightly occasionally. He didn't exactly want to talk about what had happened earlier. Mostly because Felix was a ninja and probably wouldn't understand the fact that Kim was a pacifist.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Felix shook his head. "She's fine, just a little shaken up." He shrugged. "How's Eve?" He shinobi stepped inside and then sighed. He was restless. He needed to run or train, anything. God, if he stopped being a ninja it would get worse. The silver haired ninja glanced towards the kitchen. He wasn't really hungry.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 pm

"She's fine," he answered with a nod. "Eve's...well, she's used to the roughness of the city," Kim said with a small grin. When Felix sighed, he tilted his head lightly and laid his arm across the back of the couch casually. He hadn't laid back on the couch, and there was another chair in the room for Felix to sit in. Maybe the guy was just one of those people that needed an invitation first. "You okay? You can sit down and take over the TV if you like. I'm not really watching anything interesting," he said lightly.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Felix looked back at Kim. "I'm fine," he said. "I was just thinking what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I'm not used to settling down and it's not sitting well with me at the moment." He sat down on the free chair and then looked at the tv. "I don't care for tv."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:02 pm

"Right. You're used to traveling and all that, aren't you?" he asked, tilting his head. The TV was on mute right now, so it made it easy to talk with Felix like this. "What made you choose the Gears? Or...are you just passing through?" He knew Felix planned on staying for a day or two, but he didn't know if the guy planned on staying permanently. Kim paused then gave a curious look. "How old are you, anyways?"
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Felix only nodded as Kim stated the obvious. "I'm not really sure yet. I want to settle down, but I prefer the freedom to roam about, see the endless valleys and the open sky. Not sit around all day." He glanced at the mute tv. "Anyway, the Gears is something knew and I'm looking for a fresh start, that and it was the closet village from my previous destination." There was a moment of silence when Kim asked his age. "Twenty-three."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 am

Kim understood where the guy was coming from. Freedom was something he cherished too, although he did prefer to stay in the Gears. He liked his freedom when it came to relationships. He couldn't stand clingy men. Although, where Kim stopped understanding was when Felix said he was twenty-three years old. "Me...too," he said, blinking twice. "You're really only twenty-three? And you already want to settle down? I know you've probably seen tons of places, but ain't there more you want to see before you settle somewhere?" he asked, blinking in slight surprise. He wasn't a ninja, and he knew very little about ninjas, but wasn't it strange to settle down at such a young age? Maybe something terrible had happened to the guy. He suddenly wished he hadn't pushed it.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:02 am

So Kim was twenty three, how nice. Young and dumb, but nevertheless enjoyable and full of life. Felix envied him for just a moment before it faded into nothingness. "I've seen more than my fair share. Recent events have made me question what I wish to do for the next few years. Eventually I'll go back when I'm ready, but I've got plenty of time to simply enjoy the little things that being me peace." He knew that Kim was probably confused by this, but he wasn't going to say he was an immortal. It wasn't something that he liked to broadcast. "In a way I'm just killing time," he said with a smile. Yes, he was waiting for Kymin return while avoiding Serenity at all cost. Kyla would not make him hurt her. She may have been his creator, but there was no way in hell he'd follow her orders.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 pm

"That's understandable," he said quietly. He knew that ninjas went through some tough things but he didn't know much more than that. Honestly, he wasn't sure he wanted to know. Kim nodded lightly and gave a small grin. "The little things are what count," he smiled. "Anyways, you couldn't have picked a livelier place to kill time. The Gears isn't exactly a place that sleeps," he chuckled. Deciding to say something a bit daring, Kim shrugged and leaned back against the couch, stretching his arms above his head. "Regardless, I hope you stay for a while. You're a pretty cool guy," he chuckled.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 am

Felix smiled. "The city that never sleeps, is that what you're getting at," he asked with a raised brow. "I can't say I'm going to absolutely enjoy it, but at the same time it can't be too bad," he mused lightly. He closed his eyes and then looked towards the ceiling. "You know, you're not bad yourself. You know, I'm thinking we can be friends, maybe. If I chose to stay here then I will surely without a doubt like to spend a bit more time with you." He glanced at the other male. He was telling himself that it had nothing to do with Kim looking like Kymin.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:15 am

Kim gave a grin. "Yeah, that's about right," he chuckled, when Felix shortened his statement. "It's not as bad as you'd think. At least, so long as you have a place away from the red light district. That's the worst at night. It's incredibly loud over there during the evening hours," Kim grinned, shrugging lightly. His light-brown eyes gained a slight shine when Felix said he wasn't bad either, and that they could be friends. "Sounds good to me. Though I don't know about that whole 'maybe' thing," he joked. He wasn't sure how he should take that last part. Felix had stated it rather...awkwardly, for a guy who just wanted to be friends. "Anyways, if you do stay, I'll be able to show you around a bit more thoroughly," he nodded. He thought about giving Felix his phone number, but decided against it for the moment. He'd probably be downstairs come morning, working on his guns. Though he was a bit nervous about constructing with a stranger in his house. Because for all intents and purposes, Felix was still a stranger to him.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top