Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:39 am

Kyla smiled. "Take a seat dear. You'll be here for a minute." Kyla sipped her own tea. "You know he's got kids on the way." She said. "They'll be adorable. It's a shame time flies by leaving you dazed and confused. Days will turn to weeks, weeks will turn to months, months will turn to years." She absentmindedly waved her hand through the air as she spoke. "Oh well, I've seen it all." She looked to Kana. "You'd think I get a few surprises every now and then, but it's not easy surprising someone as old as me." She smiled cheerfully. "I'm even older than dirt itself," she said leaning forward.

Felix was glad someone understood him when it came to Tara. That girl there made him want to jump into the River Styx. Felix grinned at her hm. "Me and Ser are kind of on vacation too," he said. Yeah, he'd figured it out. Everyone had been giving him that little hmm thing. Izua had eyed him for a moment when he'd said he wanted to leave. Especially with his kid on the way. "Anyway, how's life been?" He asked striking up casual conversation.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:46 am

Kana sat down lightly on a chair when the woman invited her to. So, this woman planned on having a chat with her. It was then she realized...well hell, she didn't even know 'this' woman's name. She nodded when she was told that Felix had kids on the way, but then stopped mid nod. "Wait, kids? As in plural?" Felix's kids would be twins? She didn't know why, but the thought made her heart wrench. Kana couldn't help but smile as the woman stated that she was older than the dirt itself. "Sorry, I don't think I caught your name," she said. Something about this woman was off. Usually Kana was on her guard around people, pushing them away, but here she was drinking tea with a woman she met only minutes before. What a weird day.

Suki blinked as Felix said that him and Serenity were on vacation. She knew about the kid, from Tara of course. "But..." she blinked. She was confused, and quite obviously so. "Oh, um, aside from..." she stopped. Aside from her boyfriend breaking up with her. "Um, it's been good," she corrected with a smile. "More and more people have been coming to watch me and Tara lately..." she said with a light blush. The fact that she was practically famous kind of embarrassed her.
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 am

"Kyla. My name is Kyla," she said. Had Kana not noticed, Kyla was easily evading most of her questions and then bringing up random conversations to throw the girl off. It was rather fun. Kyla didn't get much entertainment, but today had turned out different. "Oh, I just got a surprise." She smiled again. "By the way, has he smiled for you?" She asked. "He no longer posses that ability. They say it's easier to smile and than frown. More muscle use in frowning. But Felix has no trouble with it." She looked Kana over. "And you seem to have no trouble with it either."

"That's because you're really cute. Of course people are going to come see you. That and you're really good at playing your violin." He wouldn't get into detail about the whole Ser and Vacation thing. It was irrelevant to this conversation. He gave her a slight grin. "That and your eyes." He hadn't noticed until a few moments ago how bright they were. They held enough life in them for a hundred people. Shy but lively. How did she manage. He didn't care because he liked that about her.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 am

"Well...nice to officially meet you Kyla," Kana managed to say. How long had it been since she'd said that? Goodness, more than just a few years, certainly? Kana gave Kyla a confused look when the woman said that she'd just gotten a surprise. "Huh? Er, no...I didn't think..." she started, but then Kyla told her that he didn't possess that ability anymore. That was the jist of what Kana had been about to say. She didn't think that Felix was even capable of smiling. She blinked at Kyla's last statement. "I only smile when I have a reason to," she defended. Had that been an insult, or just a comment? Either way, Kana felt the need to be a bit on the defensive side with that one.

Suki blushed when he said that it was because she was so cute. Sh was about to respond, but before she could, she suddenly ducked down, a soccer ball flying right by where her head was a moment before. And only a moment before that, a little kid in the distance had shouted something a bit inaudibly. Suki straightened back up as the soccer ball hit a wall and bounced back, catching it and looking at it for a moment. She turned to look as a boy of about ten ran towards them, and a couple of his friends far behind. "Sorry!! Are you okay miss!?" he asked, breathless from running. Suki simply smiled and tossed the ball back to him. "Yeah. Try to be more careful, kay?" The boy blushed a bit and nodded. "Um..yeah. Thanks miss!" he said before quickly turning and running off, his friends pointing and laughing at him for getting embarrassed. For the moment, Suki seemed to have forgotten what they were talking about, because the moment she turned back to face Felix, she paused. ".....what were we talking about?" she hadn't meant to, but her whole demeanor with that question had turned out being sweetly innocent. Silly little Suki.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:16 am

"Hmmm? Well, I suppose I'll let you slid with that one." She said casually. "Anyway, it's about time you get going. I'm sure you have patrols and things of that nature to do." She gave a polite smile as she held her hand out for the cup. "If it's not too much trouble, I need to ask a small favor of you. My sweet child is suppose to get sick in the next few days, and though I don't often interfere with how mother nature runs her course, that child there is a special case." Kyla stood and went to a drawer. She retrieved a small vile that was similiar to the one she'd given Serenity all those years ago. "When he finds something to drink I'll need for you to slip this in it, without his knowledge of course. That is, if you don't mind." She smiled. "I know you're capable of the task, and it's really important. In exchange for your services I will answer any questions you have. "

Felix had went to move her from the ball's path, but Suki had dunked on her own. Felix was amazed. How had she known it was coming. She was a common musician. Felix gave her a look while her back was turned to give the kid back the soccer ball. When she turned back to face him with that innocent smile, he knew something had to be up. "...We were talking about your increasing audience." He said speaking as if he was thinking about something else. "Just how did you, do that?"

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:32 am

Kana was glad that she hadn't pushed the smiling issue. Really glad. She nodded when Kyla mentioned that she should get going because she had patrols to do. She did. She'd wasted enough time here as it was. Kana stood up and handed the cup to Kyla as she held her hands out for it. "Thank you for the tea," she said with a nod. She tilted her head inquizatively when Kyla said she needed Kana to do her a favor. Felix was supposed to get sick? Kana took the vile and looked at it when it was handed to her. "And just what will this do?" she asked. She wasn't going to put something into Felix's drink without knowing what it would do. Kyla's former statements lead her to believe it was medicine of some sort, but Kana couldn't be sure. She blinked when Kyla said that in exchange she would aswer any questions that she had. One popped into her head, and it made her look down. "I do have a question actually..." she said. How could she phrase it? "Not too long ago, Felix told me that Death was catching up to him." That there was nothing I could do to help him... she thought, but decided against saying it aloud. "Is there anything I can do to stop it from getting to him?" The whole time, she avoided looking directly at Kyla, for fear her eyes would betray her and show an emotion that she didn't want to be revealed. Too bad her eyes were not on her side.

Suki tilted her head a little at his tone when he answered her. Her smile faded a little when he asked how she did that. "Oh...that...um...my big brother was a ninja, and...um...he...taught me a little bit when I was younger," she said shyly, with a light shrug. She sounded almost embarrassed, as if a girl like her shouldn't know such things. In reality she was still waiting to pass by her brother one day in a town, or see him watching during one of her performances. She refused to believe he was dead. There was no way he could be.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:21 am

"That little vile will just stop a cause and effect sickness. Felix doesn't get sick. His immune system is much more stable than ours. It allows him to keep going no matter what happens to him. It can be looked upon as a gift or a curse." She smiled. "I don't want him sick, and neither do you." Kyla was walking to her door, clearly showing Kyla that this conversation was coming to an end, unless the girl had more questions of course. Kyla was going to keep her word. That meant later on in life as well, just as she had promised Felix. That poor child took advantage of it like his life depended on it. But she was not complaining. His company was nice every now and then. "As for saving him, it's already done." She gave another wrinkled smile.

Felix guessed that could be a reasonable answer. "Well, at least it gives you the upper hand if push came to shove. No one would suspect you of all people to be capable of," he smirked, "Protecting yourself." He wanted to give her a pat on the head for being such a smart girl. He didn't want to ruin her nice little ponytail though. Girls were sensitive about their hair and if she chose to hit him for it. He was sure he might have been biting off more than he could chew. "Oh, by the way. I don't think you heard me the first time, but you have really nice eyes." He shrugged. "Just some FYI."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Kana blinked as she was told that it would just stop a sickness. That was more than a good enough reason for her to give it to him. Neither him nor her needed him sick on this mission. Sure, he'd still be able to fight, unless it was something crippling. Kana internally flinched at the thought. When Kyla started walking to the door, Kana followed, still looking at the vial a bit curiously. How did this woman know such things? Was she a fortune teller like that healer in their village? Or was it just immortal women that could see the future? Like...super womanly intuition. Now there was an odd thought. She blinked when Kyla told her that it was already done. "I...real...okay then..." Kana said, a bit confused. Had the woman known she was going to ask that and done it ahead of time? Coming back to the real world, Kana gave the woman a nod. "Thank you for the tea, and this," she said, raising the vial a bit. "And...protecting Felix," she said, her voice sounding a bit as if she'd embarrassed herself by saying that. Kana didn't know why, but something told her that meeting this woman had been a good thing.

Suki blushed a bit when he said that it was a good thing because when push came to shove she could protect herself. "I'm not...very strong though..." she said. It seemed that Suki was starting to revert back into her Shy Girl state. Maybe it was because of the mention of her brother, maybe it was because of Felix, or maybe it was because they were talking about her ability to protect herself. Or lack thereof. Her blush turned a nice rosy color at his mention of her eyes. "I...um...thank you," she said with a slightly embarrassed smile.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Kyla nodded and leaned against her door frame. "Don't thank me just yet," said the old immortal as she turned away and closed her door. She moved to her window and watched Kana leave. "Everything you want is not always good for you," said to no one in particular. After all, the house was now empty. "You may want his heart, but it will always belong to that girl." Kana waved her hand in dismissal. "She's fighting a losing battle."

Felix grinned. "Doesn't matter. Strength isn't everything. Sometimes you need brains over brawn and you seem to have just that. Very smart girl." Felix's grin widened a bit at her blush. "No need to thank me, I'm just saying what's true."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Kana didn't know how to respond to 'don't thank me yet', so she just didn't respond at all, and gave a small wave goodbye. Kana pocketed the vial and started around the gates again, stopping after a moment. She took out her notebook and looked at it. "I'm gonna need more paper..." she thought aloud, then turned back towards the village. She had to get a scroll to map out. She could always get a map in the village, but those tended to be outdated. Besides, she needed a fresh one to show Felix when she got back, so they could plan on suggesting where the traps should be set up. Kana could tell already that there weren't going to be many. Only a minute or solater, Kana got to the gates, looking up at the guard as he looked at her suspiciously. "Don't give me that look. I need a bigger scroll to map out the area, that's all," she said, and without saying anything else, started back into the village. Damn guards. Well at least they were doing their jobs.

Suki looked off to the side as he said that brains was sometimes better than brawns, and that she was a smart girl. She seemed thoroughly embarrassed by this point. She still liked Felix and here he was complimenting her like that! It was embarrassing... "S-still..." she said after his last statement about him saying what was true.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Felix was not considering that Suki still liked him. Tara's big mouth should have drilled that into his head, but it hadn't. He casually placed his arm on Suki's shoulder. "Still what?" He asked. Is it illegal to give compliments? I don't often give people compliments, they don't deserve them, but you, I think you're different. In a good way. Otherwise I wouldn't be this close to you. Felix Kuriyama does not do physical contact." That would soon be a written rule. Every since Kana had kissed him, Felix felt the need to avoid all contact with anyone.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Kana had been about halfway to their house, but she'd spotted silver hair. Out of instinct she looked towards her partner, and she'd been going to talk to him to check his progress, but she stopped at the sight. Suddenly she felt broken. Her gaze dropped and she started walking towards the house again, her pace a bit faster than before, in the hopes that she wouldn't be seen. So it wasn't that he hadn't wanted to make things difficult between him and his girlfriend by being with other girls, it was just that he didn't want to be with her. Fair enough, she supposed, after the shit she'd pulled. But it still hurt. After getting her scroll, Kana purposely took the long route to the gates, to avoid Felix and...whoever the hell she was. She didn't care anymore.

Suki seemed to shrink a little as Felix put his arm around her. It only seemed to increase her shyness. "W-well n-no, but..." she stuttered when Felix asked if it was illegal to give compliments. Suki's face was about as red as it could get as he had his arm around her. He'd said that him and Serenity were taking a vacation, right? So this was perfectly fine...right?? She didn't care much for Serenity, but she didn't want to make things hard on Felix. And...well, it sounded to Suki like Felix was flirting. That meant he liked her, right? After stuttering a few moments earlier, Suki stayed silent in her embarrassment, her red face looking down. Not to say she didn't enjoy having his arm around her. It gave her butterflies to have him this close to her, honestly.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 pm

(Felix is a chick magnet, but he has the worst of luck with women. Hmmm.)(Poor Kalix fangirls. And poor Kana. Lucky Sulix fangirls. And lucky Suki.)

Felix had seen Kana but decided not to go after her. No point explaining himself when he was not in the wrong. He'd only been trying to see how bright Suki could get. She had a blush as bright as Serenity's. He'd just talk to her when he got home. "Having a hard time speaking I see." That could have lead to something far greater than teasing. Something along the lines of cat go your tongue and then a kiss, but Felix was not that cruel, or dirty, or uncommitted, or anything else along those lines. And besides, he would not pull a Kana. Though his wouldn't have been out of anger and hidden feelings. His would have been gentle and maybe a bit hesitant, seeing as though this was Suki they were talking about. But that's besides the point.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 am

Suki still didn't say anything when he said that she ws having a hard time speaking. It was so embarrassing! This was Felix! And he was...really close to her...the thought almost made her feel faint. She gave a light swallow. "There's...not much I-I can say in a situation...like this..." she said quietly. Then she quickly looked at him. "Er, n-not situation, I mean, um, that..." she trailed off, looking back down seeming even more embarrassed than before. This wasn't a situation, right? RIGHT?!
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:14 am

Okay he was done making her blush because she sounded rather uncomfortable and that was not his goal. He dropped his arm and placed both hands in each pocket of his jacket. "Situation terminated?" He asked. He held a small smirk on face. Felix could be impish at times, but he could also be considerate. Now, at this moment he was being considerate. For the sake of Suki who looked like she was about ready to explode, and for his own sanity. If she got light headed passed out like some kind of airhead he'd feel guilty. That was the last thing he needed.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:21 am

Suki managed a lightsmile when he took his arm from around her. She was still embarrassed beyond belief, but at least she wasn't about to faint anymore. "I...um...s-"

"SUKI!!!" rang a voice in the middle of Suki's attempt to speak. And who else would that voice belong to other than Tara? The brunette ran up to them with a grin, not noticing Felix for the moment. "You wouldn't believe what I just found!!!" she said, sounding rather excited, holding a bright smile on her face.

"I..um...Tara?"

"Hm?" A silence. "Felix??? Hi!!!!"
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:27 am

Felix's mental stability crumbled into a million pieces at the very sound of her voice. For the love of God and all his beautiful angels. Felix thought bitterly. Who the hell invited her to show up? Felix's grin had faded by the time she was in view. His hair slid into his eyes and his fist clenched in his pockets. "Hi Tara," he said very casually. What he wanted to do was completely torment her and toss her into a ditch, but no, Felix was well behaved. He was a good little ninja. Yeah, right. "So yeah, I'll see you around Suki. You too Tara. It was nice seeing you all again." Felix turned his back at once and disappeared. He was not going to stick around for any form of conversations. He was starting to hate the very sound of her voice.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 am

Tara blinked when he said that he had to leave. "I...um, nice seeing you too?" When he disappeared, she looked at Suki. "Something happen? And why does your face look like someone dyed your face with ketchup?" she teased with a laugh. Suki looked down in embarrassment. "Sh-shut up Tara..."

---------------------

Kana had made sure to take her good old time mapping out the forest. One part of it was being thorough. The other part was that she just didn't want to return home. Unfortunately, she had to talk with him about possible places to put traps around the borders. She sighed and finally rolled up the scroll. The scroll she had was specially made to absorb ink quickly, in case she had to move fast, so it was already dry. It was small enough to put in a holster, so she did. Taking a deep breath, Kana re-entered the village and headed for the house, making herself calm as possible. The hurt had only faded a little in the hours she'd been working. It was already dark outside. Maybe 9 at night even. Walking into the house, Kana shut the door behind her. "'M back," she said, as was usual for her. She didn't need her partner ninja on assignment missions thinking someone was trying to sneak in the house. She'd had that happen once. Hadn't announced she was back, and her moron partner had almost attacked her. Idiot that he was.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:42 am

Felix had gotten home to find the place empty. He'd expected her to be there, waiting for him to explain. But she wasn't so he went to his room to lay down. He hadn't been feeling well. It'd started back when he was with Suki, but now he just felt like crap. Felix never got sick, so this was bothering him. His head on his pillow and the door slightly ajar in case someone entered the apartment he heard Kana enter. He slowly got up, feeling more the clammy, and went into the kitchen. "What'd you find out?" He asked. He was taking this slow.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:50 am

Kana looked at Felix as he came out. Had she been anyone else, she would've looked bothered. But she actually looked as if nothing at all had happened. "Their defenses are rather poor. I'd run into only seven poorly made traps while I was out there," she informed him. "I made a map of the surrounding area so that we could plan out where the best spots for trap would be," she told him, putting the scroll unopened on the table, before pulling at the string that held it curled up, and the scroll unwrapped onto the table, showing a rather well drawn map with several notes and stars on certain places.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 am

"You say poorly made traps as if we were catching foxes, not ninja," he commented. Felix propped himself up using his elbow as he examined the map. "Ever worked as a scout?" He asked. "Or maybe even a spy for that matter." The plans were well drawn. She had been busy as of late. He felt like he'd wasted time compared to what she'd come up with. "Well done. We should get started tomorrow." He looked up at her. She seemed to be showing no signs of having being seen earlier today. He'd get around to the question eventually, just not now.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 am

Kana looked at him at his comment about catching foxes. "That might be the only thing they were capable of catching..." she said. "The trip wires were not hidden, at least not well, and any pitfalls that were dug, weren't very deep," she told him with a shrug. She looked at him as he asked if she'd worked as a spy before. "Just a scout," she told him plainly. He knew that even if she had been a spy, she could't tell him. Kana nodded when he said that they should get started tomorrow. She walked over to the fridge and opened it, pulling out a grape soda. "Want anything?" she asked, looking over her shoulder towards him. During her time in the forest, she'd also transferred the serum into a small senbon that had recently come into the Crested. They were handy little things, hollow middles. (flashback) She'd use that to put the medicine into his drink if he wanted anything.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 am

(I remember those.)

"We might have to train these ninja," he said. "Or else once we leave they will be more than just target for spies. It'll be a whole 'nother ball game. One similar to the Death Valley's Akatsuki problem." Felix watched her go to the fridge. "No thank you," he said. He wasn't sure if he could keep a soda/pop down right now. Any other time he would have gotten up and went back to his room calling it a night, but he had to speak with her first. "You want to talk about what happened today?" He asked.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 am

Kana shrugged when he said no. He'd drink something eventually. She just had to slip him the medicine without him realizing it. If she were caught though, he might assume she was trying to poison him. That wouldn't turn out well. Nodded when he said that they might have to train the ninja. She closed the fridge and opened her soda, taking a seat at the table and taking a drink. She simply looked at him when he asked if she wanted to talk about what happened today. "What happened today?" she asked, as if she truly didn't know. Yes, she was denying even seen it.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:17 am

Felix was hoping that her sitting down was her way of saying she did want to speak even if she was trying to deny it. On the other hand, he'd said he didn't need to explain himself earlier. Yeah, great way of sticking to that. "I know you saw me and Suki today. You looked pretty upset about it and I didn't want you getting the wrong idea. Suki is a friend of my girlfriend's friend." Too many friends in one sentence. It was confusing. "Anyway, I was teasing her. The act was completely friendly, nothing more." He had justified himself. He was done. Guilt had never come into play. Kana could take it how she wanted to.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top