Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Day of Freedom

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Last Day of Freedom - Page 2 Empty Re: Last Day of Freedom

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 pm

"I don't think there was really a single day that we became best friends," Kinaga said thoughtfully. He raised an eyebrow and leaned his chair back on two legs again. "What, exactly, do you think best friends are supposed to do, anyways?" he asked curiously. He almost started regretting the question the minute it was spoken. "My...natural state." The blue haired male snickered. "You make it sound like I'm some wild beast." He started speaking with an Australian accent. "Be'old, the wild nerd en 'eez natural 'abitat. Lookit 'ow graceful et iz." He couldn't help but laugh at his own stupidity. He could do most accents pretty flawlessly, but he still thought it was kind of funny when he used them to make fun of himself. "Oh god Marius, seriously, I don't want my face on the cover of anything," he laughed. "I mean, you, you could pull something like that off. I'd freak out if I had a camera in my face. My 'natural state' would feel so fake that I'd probably even fuck that up somehow," he chuckled. "Creepy is cyber stalking someone off their own laptop, Mar. Seriously."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Marius leaned against the table, one arm propping him up. "Welllll, for starters, best friends are really close, so they can practically do just about anything," he mused lightly. He twirled a strand of his pink hair. "From simple things like joking and teasing, to even kissing, playdates, the whole nine yards really." His ocean blue eyes were inviting. He however ended up in a fit of laughter as Kinaga started into a crazy accent. He was seriously tickled by such a small thing. "Where have you been all my life? You're a riot," he replied, eyes shinning. "You'd never know Veronica was there, but it's fine. It's not for everyone." He drew circled on the table with his index finger. "I miss it, but I like teaching, so it evens out." He rolled his eyes. "Oh whatever, I won't hack his computer. I'll just waltz up to the guy and go, 'Hey there, just curious, which way do you swing? My way or the...the way with the...boobs." He stuck out his tongue. "Ugh, I could never."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:17 am

Blue hair slid partially to the side as Kinaga tilted his head at Marius' explanation of what exactly best friends did. By the end of it he found himself both curious and embarrassed. Was that really friendship for Marius? "I'm not sure that I really want to know, but...what exactly is your definition of a 'playdate'? I've only ever heard that phrase used by parents when talking about setting up a time for their children to play together," he mused. "But I'm fairly certain that's not at all what you meant." Yup, there was airhead Kinny again. He'd also noticed that Marius had started twirling his hair around his finger. He knew a lot of women who did that when they flirted, so it wasn't a far stretch to assume that was what Marius was doing right now. And the fact that Marius had mentioned kissing again hadn't escaped his notice. Kinaga very clearly perked up when Marius started laughing, a grin crossing his features. He loved making people laugh. He wasn't always good at jokes, but he tried his damnest. Sometimes he screwed up on them, which was why he wasn't a comedian (among other reasons), but it was fun to tell jokes or do silly impersonations whenever he could. "Pff, I'm not that fun to be around," he chuckled. Though he had to admit, despite all the constant teasing, Kinaga really did like hanging out with Marius. "No offense, but it's definitely not for me. I'm a bit too shy for something like that," he admitted with a chuckle. He really was. He was fine with meeting new people and everything, he had no problems there. It was just when people threw constant exaggerated flattery at him that he ended up getting embarrassed, and for someone to suggest that he have his face on the cover of a magazine seemed like the biggest compliment he'd heard that he could even recall. The blue haired male raised an eyebrow and snickered when Marius said he'd just go up and ask Eko himself. "Well fine, if you won't do it, I'll ask for you," he said simply, standing up from his chair and casually dusting himself off. "Where do you think he'd be this time of day?" He wouldn't actually go searching for the guy, and especially not for a question like that. But hell, if Marius was actually interested in Eko...might as well see if the guy was interested too.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:05 pm

"Of course that's not what I meant," he replied gingerly. "You remember how you refused to kiss me because you thought I was vulnerable and shit like that, well, best friends aren't supposed to think about vulnerability. They're supposed to pull you in close and kiss you and hug you and remind you that you're still special, even if only to them." He shrugged. "But that's just the way I see things." He crossed his legs. "You're not fun to be around? What do you mean? I love being in your company. You're my best friend after all. And don't play coy with me, you're not shy." He chuckled lightly. He then reached out and grabbed Kinaga's arm. "No, no need to do that," he answered quickly. "I'll...I'll do it myself or not at all.. you know, I'm not ready to date again." He let go of Kinny's arm.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:07 am

Kinaga blinked a couple times. He hadn't really expected a serious answer from Marius, if he was being honest. "That..." The blue haired male blushed lightly. "Seems more like something that...lovers would do for one another," he mumbled, clearing his throat lightly and looking off to the side. The cultural differences between the two of them were uncanny. Kinaga was chalking it up to Marius having grown up in a different culture than him. Maybe things really were that different between here and Marius' hometown. Still...that was...an interesting thought to consider. He'd never truly thought of best friends being like that. Maybe that was why Marius had never really thought of them as best friends before now. Because Kinaga didn't do the things Marius expected a best friend to do. Then...to Marius...was the only difference between being best friends and lovers...sex? "Huh?" Kinaga blinked again. He'd spaced out in his thoughts. It was very apparent whenever that happened, because usually he'd clearly zone out and have his hand resting on some part of his face. In this case, his hand had been resting on his chin. Well, his thumb had been on his chin and his pointer finger over his mouth thoughtfully. When he snapped out of it, he pulled his hand away from his mouth without realizing he'd had it there in the first place. "Oh. Of course I am. There's just no need for me to be shy around you, so you don't see that I'm shy around others," he said simply. He'd missed the part where Marius had said he enjoyed his company. The blue haired male blinked when Marius took his arm after he stood up. "Why not? At least you'll know. I won't mention your name or anything," Kinaga said with a light chuckle, patting Marius once on the head when the other let go of his arm. "Well you need to do something. I don't like seeing you all depressed. You try to hide it, but I can see through it," he said, giving the pink haired male a soft smile. "Just let me ask him for you. There's no harm if he doesn't know it's you who's interested, right?" Of course, rumors might fly around the school if anyone heard him ask Eko, but at least the rumors would be about him and not Marius. Besides, the kids loved him, and they were only teenagers. It wasn't all that hard to dispel rumors amongst them if you knew how to do it right. And Kinaga had more than his fair share of rumors spread about himself when he'd been in high school.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:27 am

"That's what everyone tells me, but you know me, I'm pretty free and open to anything." He stopped playing with his hair and dropped his hands to the table. He watched Kinaga zone out on him and he gave a wry smile. Did this guy think he was boring or something? He rolled his eyes as Kinaga came back to the present. "Welcome back," he chuckled. "I said I enjoy your company." He smiled however when Kinny told him he had no reason to be shy around him. "You're going to make me blush." He then rubbed his nose. "I'm not depressed or mopey," he replied with a pout. "I'm over Tobias, I really am, I'm just not ready to date yet, and I don't think I'll be able to handle rejection right now." He looked off to the side. "He'll probably end up figuring it out."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:44 am

"Well, I can't deny that one," Kinaga chuckled. Marius really was the most free-spirited person he knew. There was no denying that. "Welcome...oh. I spaced out, didn't I?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment after placing all four legs of his chair back on the ground. "Sorry. I was just thinking...what's the difference, in your mind, between best friends and lovers?" he asked curiously. Not much that was on Kinaga's mind was left unspoken. Especially if he was genuinely curious about it. "There's no reason for you to blush. It's the truth. You know me better than anyone here. So there's really no need for me to be shy," he admitted with a smile, adjusting his glasses lightly. "You are depressed. Not mopey though. That would be too obvious." He tilted his head. "If he's not into men, I'm not sure that would count as rejection..." Kinaga shook his head. "Look, we'll go out for drinks later, okay? But, uh..." he chuckled. "I'm not too sure that would count as a date, since we're technically 'celebrating'."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:02 am

"Yes you did. You sure are sending mixed signals. First I'm your best friend then you zone out like I'm boring or something. Woe to me," he teased. Marius then shrugged. "I don't know, there's a thin line between the two I guess. I mean, Tobias was my first real love interest, everyone else was....you know, just for fun." He poked at his cheek. "Mmhm, I guess a lover is the person you come home to at the end of the day and know you're loved unconditionally. That person that makes you feel the like the center of the universe, like there's no limit to anything you can do because it's just you and them against the world." Saying that made his heart ache because he'd truly believed that Tobias was his first and last, even his mom had told him to straighten up and 'hold onto that boy because he'll make you the happiest man in the world.' Marius forced down the rising emotions. "Yeah, let's do that. Let's get drinks and just have fun. It doesn't have to be a date. Hell, maybe I'll meet someone at the bar."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:08 am

"I can't help it if you say things that make me take a moment to think about them. It just means you're an interesting person. And that sometimes I can't fathom the things you say," Kinaga teased with a small laugh. It really was strange to think about there being a 'thin' line between a best friend and a lover. Kinaga never really crossed the two. Though Marius' description of what a lover would be was spot on, in his book. "What time do you want to go out? Do you want to bar hop, or...heaven forbid, go to some kind of club?" The club scene was definitely not Kinaga's thing, but if it meant getting Marius out of his slump and making him happy again, he'd habit a club for a night. "I'd personally be okay with just chilling at one specific bar, but you know, that's just me," Kinaga chuckled, then clapped Marius on the back as he said maybe he'd meet someone at the bar. "That's the spirit!"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 am

"You say it like I'm speaking in a different language," he pointed out. He stood up and trashed his empty drink. "I won't make you suffer at a club. Let's just go to a single bar. I don't want to bar hop and miss an opportunity," he said casually. "We can leave out of here at seven, or eight, whenever you want." He smiled when Kinny got all chipper and stuff. He wanted to tell the other that maybe he'd meet someone too, but he knew that Kinaga was sensitive about the topic, so he wasn't going to push it. He seriously thought the guy should get out there and start dating again, but he knew stuff like that took time. Kinaga and Shisu had been together for a while too, so it was probably harder to move on.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:41 am

"Sometimes you might as well be," Kinaga snickered. He chuckled lightly when the pink haired male said he wouldn't make him suffer at a club. "Much thanks." Even Marius knew he'd feel lost in a club scene. He'd drink himself half to death before knowing what the hell to do at a club. A casual bar was way more his style. "Hm...let's go out at eight," he said with a light nod. "More people out around that time, I think." To be honest, he wasn't really sure. He was just throwing out guesses. He tossed out his empty juice pack as well. "Huh...now the real question is...what to do until then? I already have most of this year's curriculum all set up, so..." He frowned lightly. "Yeah, I got nothing. I'll just be bored til eight," he chuckled with a light shrug.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 am

"Really Kinny, you should learn to stop being so orderly. You've got the year's curriculum filled out, so what will you do in your down time for the rest of the year? Read Archeology books? Boring." He smirked. "Seriously though, you're on your own. I have to set up my classroom, the desks are set up all wrong and tomorrow's lesson will be something fun, so I want to decorate the class. If you want to tag along, you're more than welcome." He had gotten over the whole lost love thing, for now at least. He looked over his shoulder as Kyla and Kyoko came in. "Hey there ladies, enjoying the first day back before classes?" He was just being friendly. Kyoko gave a subtle nod and Kyla smiled lightly. "I'm always glad to return," she replied. She then started to make her and her sister some tea. "How about you gentleman?" Marius shrugged. "I could use another two months."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:33 am

Kinaga wouldn't tell Marius that he needed things like that to keep him busy. Marius probably already knew that. "I mean, I can always get the live feed from my pal down at the site, see what's going on over there," he mentioned with a chuckle. "Never you mind the fact that it's midnight over there right now," he snickered. "And it's not that boring. I can work on my research paper, actually, now that I'm thinking about it," Kinaga mused. He had a lot of theories regarding the past civilizations of the dig site he'd been visiting. It would be easier to concrete them if he was actually at the dig site, but that would have to wait for another time. Maybe he could take up another language. He already knew Japanese, he knew Latin, he knew Greek, along with a myriad of other languages. He'd grown up learning Japanese, and had learned Latin and Greek on his own as a kid after discovering the wonders of the Roman Empire, but since Shisu had passed, he'd focused on learning more languages just to occupy his time. Shisu had been fluent in French. That was one of the first languages he'd tried to become fluent in after her death. He'd tried speaking it with her when she'd still been alive, but to no avail. Now whenever he visited her grave, he would almost always speak in French, as if to show her his progress. "Maybe I will," he said with a nod. "It'll give me something to do." He looked towards the door. "Kyoko, Kyla. Good morning," he greeted with a smile. These two old women were a fascinating set of twins. "Hmhm, I'm glad to be back," he chuckled. "Summer vacation is nice and all, but I kind of missed my students."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:29 am

Marius could have fallen asleep from listening to that boring rant about boring things. Then the guy mentioned a research paper and Marius closed his eyes. "Well, suit yourself my friend. I'll see you tonight, try and look decent, and not like a teacher," he said with a wave before he ditched out of the teacher's lounge. He made sure to wave goodbye to Kyoko and Kyla as well.

The two of them watched the pink haired male waltz out of the room with a smile on their faces. Kyla spoke first, "He's very honest as always," she commented. Kyoko nodded in agreement before speaking up. "I'm glad you had a good break and are eager to return to school. I hope the students are just as eager." She looked to her sister. "We shall take our leave as well." They held their cups in their hands and exited in perfect unison.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2