Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of the Weekend

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Start of the Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Start of the Weekend

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 pm

Kim gave a small shrug. "Not sure. Her parents, probably. Don't they run like some big advertising company or something? She probably learned from them," he said casually. When Roman gave him an apologetic look, Kim blinked and tilted his head. "What's the look for?" He didn't understand, because he didn't remember Roman saying anything that would need apologizing for. Unless...oh gods, had Roman actually been joking when he'd asked about the whole him getting ideas from movies thing? Now it was Kim's turn to blush and he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Gods, was he ever going to be comfortable just hanging out with Roman? Everything just seemed so awkward between the two of them!
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Roman searched his memory. He didn't really talk to Ellie like that, but she as hell made sure to talk to everyone she came across. It was no wonder she was Student President. "I think they do. I'm pretty sure she mentioned it at one point to Mickey. I think she wanted his parents to invest in her parents company or something last year. The girl really knows how to throw a sale pitch. I think they ended up investing twenty-five percent or something like that. Crazy huh." He could just picture Ellie opening her own company for advertising. The girl could be scary at times. Roman averted his gaze when Kim asked why he was giving him a look. "Uh, no reason...." Lies. This was a really awkward moment and it didn't help when Kim seemed to catch on and started blushing.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 am

"Ugh...crazy is right. I bet she could get a person to buy their own car," Kim said with a small laugh, rolling his eyes at the thought. She totally could. Kim had had Ellie in an English class before, and the girl was a professional speaker. It was kinda scary actually. Really intimidating. Nobody wanted to present after Ellie went up there. Nobody could follow up something like that. When Roman went silent, Kim fell silent too. It wasn't a comfortable silence, either. It was one of those horribly awkward silences that was brought about by both people having said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Kim cleared his throat lightly after a moment. "So, uh...you wanna get snacks or something for the movie?" What better way to remedy an awkward situation than by suggesting some food?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:05 am

Kim was right. Ellie could finesse someone into buy a vehicle, maybe even with money they didn't have. As invasive as Ellie was, she had good intentions. He had been really bent out of shape after she'd gone and told Kim where to find him, but now he didn't mind so much. Kim was a pretty cool guy. It was strange how he'd never paid him much mind until now. Probably because he didn't wish to make it obvious. He was still fairly nervous about this whole thing, but he couldn't keep hiding. Just thinking about it gave him butterflies. Roman was so caught up in his thoughts that when Kim cleared his throat, the black haired male looked startled. Had he tuned Kim out by accident? How embarrassing. "Huh, snacks? Yeah, sounds good to me. Let's hit up the vending machines on our way there." They could have gone into town and got some real snacks, or chanced the cafe being open, but Roman wasn't too sure he wanted to roam all of Roulette with Kim in tow. He'd hate to be in Rumors section of What the Walls Heard. As interesting as the pieces were, Roman didn't fancy his personal life being exposed. He really needed to get over this. Homecoming was right around the corner.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:20 am

Oh thank the maker. One simple comment about getting food was really all it took. Kim smiled. Such a typical guy, despite all his cuteness. "Sweet. I'd kill for a coffee and some munchies," Kim chuckled lightly, trying to get rid of the lingering awkwardness in his voice. Coffee was one of the things that really kept him going. He was beyond glad that Roulette High had an honest to goodness coffee vending machine sitting next to the regular snack vending machines. "So where exactly were we going to watch the movie anyways? Open classroom?" He realized his mistake after he'd spoken, and prayed that Roman didn't end up saying that they were going back to his room. He didn't want to be the one to bring that awkwardness back around.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:25 am

(Dragon Age?)

Coffee? Roman raised a brow. "You're an addict aren't you," he teased playfully. He'd prefer they joke around and have a good time instead of being in awkward silence. It seemed like an unnecessary hassle considering that they were going to be dancing across the gym floor soon. It was only for one night, but.... Roman pushed the thought away with a smile. He wasn't going to get ahead of himself. Small talk was fine, if only to break the ice. Roman didn't miss a beat when Kim asked about the specifics of their little movie night. Admittedly, he didn't want the guy in his room. His roommates might be around. "Mr. Fujioka leaves a few classrooms unlocked for kids that need some space. I use them for movies, others use them for alone time, club meetings, study groups, practice presentations, the list goes on and on."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm

(Never played it.)

"What? Me? An addict? Never. I mean unless you're talking about just coffee, then unequivocally," Kim laughed lightly. He knew some people who did drugs pretty regularly. He thought it was gross. Didn't really understand how someone got that low in life. Low enough to need something like that to help them cope, to help them live. Kim inwardly sighed when Roman didn't say they were going to his room. Okay good, because the guy...well, he was still pretty new to the whole being 'out' thing. Even though he wasn't technically out yet. Homecoming was gonna be the big day for him. Kim really hoped he could make it something special. Or at least...help the guy if things went wrong. You couldn't take it back after you came out. It didn't work like that. Everyone remembered things like that. "I use them when I wanna write a song and can't find anywhere quiet," Kim chuckled. He didn't mind admitting that he loved music. And technology. And, well...a myriad of other things. Like the word myriad.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 pm

(You're full of surprises today.)

Roman raised a brow. So Kim liked coffee. He wasn't a fan. It always tasted bitter or way too sugary. There was no in between. "Coffee addict. Check." He crossed his arms behind him as he walked. "What's your favorite kind of coffee?" He'd treat Kim after all of this was over. He figured they probably wouldn't hang out anymore after homecoming. Most people scrambled for dates and then didn't bother to go further than homecoming night. Roman figured that Kim just wanted a date, and Roman needed one too, so it all worked out in the end. He still wanted to give the guy a small thank you afterwards, whether it went well or sour. Roman gave Kim his full attention at the mention of music. He remembered on the first day that Kim had been playing. "How long have you been playing?" Roman didn't know much about music, but he'd gladly give his undivided attention for Kim. He may not understand it, but he could appreciate it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 pm

(My twin's been trying to get me to play it.)

Kim tried to stifle the small giggle-like noise that came out of him when Roman reiterated the fact that he was a coffee addict. It didn't work too well. It wasn't his fault that he ended up sounding a bit girly when he laughed. Things like that were just natural for him, he couldn't help it. But he didn't want Roman to end up being freaked out by him because of it. "I'll drink just about any kind of coffee, really. But I really do like those macchiatos they have at Moondoe's. Like, the caramel macchiato there is to die for." Kim paused and glanced to Roman before giving a small chuckle. "Getting carried away again. Do you like coffee?" he asked curiously. Maybe they could go out for a cup sometime, if he did. "Oh, well...I got into music when I was like eleven. Me and Recha saw a concert for the first time and it just kinda clicked with me," he said with a smile. He loved music and everything about it. Recha did too, and he sometimes helped out with songs, but he couldn't play worth a damn.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:02 am

(Do it)

Oh now that was just cute. Could he record that? Sky blue eyes danced with laughter. He'd never heard anyone laugh like that, or should he say giggle. The technical terms didn't matter to him. He thought it was unique and interesting. Moondoe? Wasn't that the coffee shop Max was always going on and on about, but refused to go because Vin claimed coffee was of the devil, and would make then all too sluggish to perform. He really couldn't be bothered with Vin and his uppity attitude all the time. Macchiato? What was that? Some form of coffee? "No, you're fine, I'm just not really acquainted with coffee. I don't really have a taste for it...." He shrugged. "Too bitter or too sugary for my taste. Maybe I haven't found the right one. Up until now, I thought it was all the same. Didn't know there were fancy names." He looked a bit sheepish. So Kim found his niche after a concert. That was cool. "Any specific genre you prefer. I like music and I've got a small collection, but I can't play to save my life. The notes just blur together." Just like mythology. He was really hoping Mr. Syans would give him an extension on every assignment.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:11 am

(Don't have the game)

Kim shrugged. "That's okay. I know a lot of people who absolutely abhor coffee." Big words again. He really needed to tone it down or people would start calling him a freak again. He'd dealt with that in middle school, he didn't feel like going through it again. Especially since he didn't want Recha to end up getting suspended or detention again for beating up every bully who called him a freak. "There's tons of different kinds. The one I usually get is kinda in between sweet and bitter? It's like right there in the middle, I think," he said with a nod. "Maybe next time I get it you can try some. If you want," Kim offered, trying to sound as casual about it as possible. Was that okay? To offer him something like that? Or was it weird? Oh gods it was weird, wasn't it? "I like all kinds of music, really. I prefer writing like...melodic tunes or rock songs though," Kim told the other with a smile. "Actually...it took me a really long time to learn how to read music. I still mess up sometimes, but the end result is totally worth it."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 am

Ab-what? Roman was going to take a wild guess and assume that meant dislike, or something of the sort. He'd Google it later, if he could spell it. At least he knew Kim was smart. Then again, Roman didn't consider himself the brightest student. He was fairly average. He had his moments were he faired better in certain classes, but not many. He wasn't exceptional by any means. He took a moment to wrap his mind around all the possible coffees. Things with caramel, ice,  mocha... what was that thing Kelsey liked? Pumpkin. Gross. He wondered if Kim had similar tastes in foods and drinks. It would be nice not to get a mouth full of disgusting coffee that he was forced to swallow out of politeness. "Sure." If it tasted bad, he wouldn't bother trying coffee ever again. If it was good, well, it would be a miracle. "Hard work pays off. Are you going to preform in the talent show? I know it's not until after Christmas break, but you're really good. I hear Ellie has big plans for all competitions this year." He turned the corner and stopped by the vending machine. "Did you write that one song you played on the first day?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 am

"The talent show?" Kim was quiet for a second before shrugging. "Nah. I don't really do performances. Not really my thing." And by not really his thing, he meant that he would absolutely never ever do such a thing. His parents and teachers had tried to get him to perform in a talent show in middle school and he had been absolutely terrified. He hadn't even been able to move. He'd heard whispering coming from the crowd, and some kids who hadn't been identified had started booing him and laughing, and...no. Never again. He just couldn't too it, it was too scary. Too terrifying to be up in the spotlight on some grand stage like that with the possibility of failure looming over your head. "Hm? Which song was that again?" Kim asked, looking up thoughtfully. Which song had he played? Oh yeah, that one sorta slow tune for that one girl who hadn't thought he'd been a musician. "Oh right, that one. Yeah, I wrote that one," he told the other male with a smile. "It's one of my favorites. It's just like...super calming to me," he chuckled, looking a bit embarrassed. Now that they were in front of the vending machines, Kim turned his attention to them instead of continuing to be embarrassed. "Ohh...what should we get?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm

"Really? You're so good though." He wouldn't push the issue though. If Kim wasn't up to performing then who was he to try and change the guy's mind. Roman didn't have any talent, but he was going to watch the show. Last year was excellent. The guy he'd secretly been dating had been apart of it. Cole had done an excellent magic act. From cards to fire eating. Too bad he'd gone to another school for early college prep. Roman would have liked to have gone to the homecoming dance with him. They were allowed to invite people outside of school with early permission, but Cole was in a whole different region. It would have taken the guy two hours to get here. Yeah, he'd thought this through. Roman agreed when Kim stated the song was calming. "You're just full of talent. It was excellent," he complimented. He examined the contents of the vending machine. "White cheddar popcorn for sure."  That was all he cared for.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:15 am

Kim smiled lightly. "Heh, thanks...it's just not really something I'd enjoy," he said with a small shrug. He was glad Roman was dropping the subject. He didn't want to tell the guy he had stage fright. How lame would that be? The teal haired male blushed lightly when Roman said that he was just full of talent, but he didn't really have anything to say in response. This guy was just way too sweet to him. Was this how he normally was, or was it just because they were going to homecoming together? He hoped it was the former. And he really hoped Roman didn't just drop him after homecoming. He was...really starting to like the guy. "Good pick. Hmm..." Kim looked at the machine a couple seconds longer, internally damning himself for being so indecisive. "Honestly, I think I'm gonna get that too. Nothing else is catching my eye right now," he chuckled, pulling out his wallet. "I got yours," he told Roman casually. He didn't mind. It was only like...what, two bucks? It was change he could spare. "As thanks for letting me hang out with you," he joked with a small chuckle, putting the money into the vending machine.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:30 pm

It didn't occur to Roman that stage fright was Kim's issue. He'd just figured that the guy didn't want to perform. He wasn't one for butting into other's business. Not unless you were on the swim team or one of his best friend. He made it a point to snoop into Max's personal life, which included people he dated, intended to date, his day to day plans, and whether btw should wear this into town or that. Max had been his best friend since last year when they'd ended up sitting together at orientation. Kelsey on the other hand had been his friend since middle school. It was nice that they had both ended up in Roulette. Roman butted into her life too, telling her which guy was worth her time, and which ones she should avoid like the plague. He found himself snickering when Kim chose the same snack. He reached for his wallet, stopping when Kim said he had it covered. "You sure?" His uncertainty turned to a warm smile. "I should be thanking you for keeping me company." He didn't usually spend time alone. He was quite the social being. Everyone just happened to have their own thing going on tonight.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:31 am

Kim smiled and handed Roman his popcorn bag. "Yeah, I'm sure. We'll just call it even." Once he had his own bag of popcorn, he moved over to the coffee vending machine right next to them. He took a moment deciding, hand casually on his hip as he looked over the choices. He decided on getting a mocha. Hot chocolate and coffee sounded grand right now. Once he put the lid on his cup, he turned to Roman with a clearly pleased smile. "Lead the way," he told the other happily. He had coffee, he had popcorn, and he had a cool and cute guy to watch a movie with. There was literally no reason for him to be unhappy right now.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Roman took the bag with a 'Thanks'. The black haired male then watched Kim make a choice for coffee. He imagined it didn't taste all that great coming from a machine. When was the last time the filters were changed? He turned and started down the hall when told to lead the way. He was looking forward to the movie. He could easily find something off his online movie library. Once in the room he flipped the lights on. Empty. Great. "Here we are," he said as he headed over to the table where the computer was. He logged in and went to work on searching for a decent Sci-Fi movie. "Aliens, Robots, Mysterious Underwater Creatures that can't possibly exists, Giant Squids, Alligators, Cyborgs, Androids, the list goes on and on. What do you think we should watch. Something new, right?" He paused for a long moment. "Wait....you said Gardians of the Galaxy...." He typed it in with a small laugh. "Sorry."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Kim followed Roman down the hall, casting small, hopefully discreet, glances at the other boy as they walked. Man, even his side profile was amazingly handsome. He really did hope they could hang out more after Homecoming. Besides, Roman would be coming out of the closet that weekend. He would need somebody who knew that experience to help him along. Though...Kim had never really 'come out' all at once. People just kind of...figured it out. It wasn't that hard to see. Which...made it kind of easy for people like Dantes to target him. Kim glanced over at Roman, biting his lip lightly. He wondered if he should tell the guy about Dantes. It would only be fair. Dantes was an absolute asshole. When Roman went over to the computer and started searching things up, Kim's brown eyes blinked once. Hadn't they decided on a movie already? Or maybe Roman just hadn't actually like the suggestion...Those same eyes blinked again when the black haired boy seemed to remember that they'd agreed on one. "We could watch a new movie if you want, I don't mind either way," he told Roman lightly. He didn't want to watch Guardians of the Galaxy if Roman wasn't into it. He wanted to watch something they would both like.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Roman had been oblivious to the looks he had been receiving from Kim, not that he would have minded much. Sky blue eyes blinked, and he gave an obviously nervous chuckle. "No, I want to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, I just have a crappy memory. It completely slipped my mind just that quick." He rubbed the back of his neck before typing in the movie. It popped up at once and he smiled with satisfaction. He pushed the play button and hurried over to sit next to Kim. "All set." He paused. "Oh hey, would you like a pizza or something? I can order it if you like." He tried not to look too enthused with his current company. Hanging with Max wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining, even if the guy was his best friend.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Kim gave the other boy a light smile. "Oh, okay, I get that," he chuckled lightly. It was easy to forget what you were doing when you were busy talking to someone. He completely understood. The teal haired male tried not to look nervous or anything when Roman sat next to him. They were a bit closer than he'd expected them to be. He didn't know why, when the chair had been sitting next to him the whole time. He'd had ample time to prepare himself for how closer they'd be sitting. Hell, he sat this close to people in class on a regular basis. Maybe it was just the fact that it was just him and Roman alone in the room right now. Light brown eyes blinked at the suggestion. "Pizza?" Kim thought for a moment. "Actually, pizza sounds great. Hmhm, not really feeling the cafeteria for dinner today," he chuckled. "Anything on it is fine. I'm not picky~" Neither him nor Recha were particularly picky when it came to food. Kim made himself comfortable and took a sip of his mocha, giving a content sigh. It was really hot still, but it tasted good.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Roman wiped his hands on his jeans. It was a nervous tick. He wouldn't know what to do if someone walked in on him and Kim watching a movie together. He wouldn't be embarrassed about it, just worried that word would get out. Kim was openly gay, Roman not so much. It seemed a bit risky. Then again, Felix hung out with Kim a lot, and no one ever questioned his sexuality. But, Recha was usually with them too, so...he was really overthinking this. He was just scared that Rumor, whoever the mystery writer was, would bring everything to light. Oh dear, he suddenly felt sick at the thought. He was glad for the distraction he'd unintentionally created: Pizza. "Great, how about a medium pepperoni with mushrooms?" He loved mushrooms, so if Kim was up for it, he would definitely get some.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 am

Kim didn't much notice that Roman was antsy. He was too busy trying not to look nervous about sitting alone with the guy in an empty classroom. With nobody else around. Just...the two of them. The teal haired male swallowed lightly. How had it managed to get awkward again?! They'd only just gotten over the awkwardness! Light brown eyes looked over to Roman. He was ever so grateful for the suggestion of getting pizza. Food was always a good ice breaker. "Pepperoni with mushrooms? Oh my god, yes please. You have great taste, mushrooms are amazing," he chuckled lightly. He really needed to stop using such feminine vocabulary. Then again...who really cared? Everyone knew he was gay, and everyone who hated him...well, everyone who was going to hate him for being gay and feminine probably already hated him. Like Dantes. No need to monitor his speech. Unless Roman ended up finding it off putting. That would be mildly upsetting.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:58 am

He was suddenly blushing, and he knew exactly why. 'Oh my god, yes please.' He'd taken it completely out of context. It was as though his brain had just ignored everything else surrounding that sentence. Roman rubbed his cheeks, shaking his head lightly. He really needed to get it together. "Why didn't you just say so before, Mr. I'm Not A Picky Eater, But Clearly I've Got A Favorite Type of Pizza." Now that his brain had finally stopped scrambling itself, and he could function again, Roman picked up his phone and started to order the pizza online. He'd have to go to the front gate and pick it up, and that was fine. He'd just leave Kim here to whatever devices he so chose. "Tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have a single plan in mind. Perhaps I should study my Mythology notes," he said with a smirk as he ordered. "You like cheesy bread?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Kim caught a glance of the blush on Roman's face, but decided to completely ignore it. Whatever was the cause of the blush would probably just makes things more awkward. He didn't want to think about whatever it was. Things were going awkwardly enough already. Kim gave a small laugh. "I mean, I didn't want to impose. Not everyone likes mushrooms. I just kinda go with what everyone else likes," he chuckled. Without thinking too much on it, and since it was only the beginning of the movie, Kim leaned over and peeked at the other boy's phone as he ordered the food. "I can help you again if you're still stuck," he offered with a smile. "Cheesy bread? Are you a mind reader? Or are we just lucky enough to love the same types of food?" He was glad there was something they could bond over that didn't have to do with being interested in other males.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum