Don't Let Me Drown

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't Let Me Drown

Post by Batsu on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Haven had joined the newspaper club and he was really excited, despite his nervous composure as he headed down to the swimming pool. The little orange haired male was tasked out to interview the schools swimming team. They had apparently been the top team for years and it was just one week until their first meet of the year. He was hoping this would be successful, just like the interview with Ellie on what activities and events she planned to bring to the school this year. Ellie had been so cool and friendly. He hoped Vin would be the same way. The school year was going by rather smoothly if one were to ask him. He'd talked to his mom on several occasions and she'd been pleased with the gifts he'd sent her. He was hoping his father would talk to him, but he'd apparently been busy every time. That was okay. Adults were always busy. When he got to the swimming pool, he saw the team running drills. He pulled out his phone and started taking pictures.  He'd send them to Liz the news chief afterwards.  He smiled brightly. They were really good. Approaching the pool he found Vin talking with a smaller group, probably critiquing them. The freshman waited until Vin noticed him to speak. "My name's Haven,  L-"

"We're not doing interviews," Vin cut him off. "We're in the middle of training. Piss off."

Haven visibly deflated. Liz had said that the interview was a go, that she'd run it by Vin already and he'd agreed. Had she lied to him? Had she not liked his other articles and was doing this to dissuade him? Green eyes began to shine lightly. "Liz said-"

"I said piss off," Vin snapped.

"I'll do the interview with him," a voice came from the pool edge. Haven looked down to spot a silver haired male with blue eyes looking up at them. He pulled himself out of the water and Haven stepped back as to avoid getting water on himself.

"I didn't ask you for your opinion, Kuriyama." That was Vin speaking. Haven was standing there with his mouth gaping open. This was Felix Kuriyama! He was like the star of the team and Liz would be proud of him to get a personal interview! Too bad Vin wasn't down for it. Why was he being so difficult?

Felix stood with water dripping off of him. "It's really not a problem Vin. I'm done with my sets so I'll do it during my break and be back before you know it."

Haven stood looking hopeful, the notebook he'd been holding clutched tightly in his hands.

Vin rolled his eyes. "Okay," he said. "Sure." He walked up to Haven. "In fact,  why not give him some swim lessons while you're at it." He shoved the younger male, causing Haven to fall into the pool.

Felix glared at Vin. "Seriously!?" He turned away to help the struggling Haven out of the water. He originally thought that the other was just in shock, but then he saw that that Haven couldn't swim. He slipped into the water and helped support the younger male who was sputtering water. "I got you," he said reassuringly. Roman and Max and a few others had moved through the water to help Haven out of the water.

Once they had him out, Haven crawled away from the water looking horrified. Max stayed by him while Roman ran to get the nurse. Felix on the other hand was having a standoff with Vin. They looked seconds from fighting.
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't Let Me Drown

Post by Cross on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:09 am

Kanda walked down the hallway, his sketchpad held in his hands in front of him. There was a black haired girl who had asked if it was okay if she walked with him. She seemed nice enough, so Kanda had just shrugged indifferently with a light "okay" instead of outright telling her no. He was actually surprised. She didn't try to talk with him like the other students did. She just walked with him quietly. Most people would ask his name, or try to strike up a conversation, but not this girl. Kanda could tell from her uniform that she was a junior. He was glad this girl wasn't anything like the class president. The red haired male decided to stop by the swimming pool just to see if anyone was there. He wanted to know what areas of the school were empty at what times of the day. When he poked his head in, he heard a splash, and caught the last second of an older student pushing someone into the pool. Kanda froze when he saw orange hair. Haven? Brown eyes widened when he saw his friend thrashing around in the pool. Like he couldn't swim. Apparently the black haired girl next to him had seen the whole thing too, because Kanda heard her gasp. He saw a couple guys pull Haven out of the water, but instead of going over to Haven, Kanda marched straight over to Vin with a frown on his face, despite the fact that it appeared he was about to be in the middle of a fight. He completely ignored the silver haired male and looked up at the tall one. Kanda was tall for his age, but he didn't near match this guy's stature. "What's your name." It was more of a statement than a question, but the inquiry was still there. He didn't care if he became known in this school as the tattletale. This guy had just pushed his only friend into the pool, and obviously it wasn't because Haven had wanted to take a dip.

Clarissa gasped as she saw the scene. That was awful! She knew that Vin wasn't a real social guy, but to push a freshman into the pool like that! Once the red haired boy beside her entered and walked up to Vin, Clarissa immediately went over to Haven, putting her books down on the ground and kneeling next to him. "Hey, are you okay?"
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Haven wss far from okay. He'd never been taught to swim and he really g'night he was seconds from drowning. He used to think that being in a new school, in a new location, with new people would be better. It was not. He was still miserable as ever. His mistake. He coughed heavily, slowly coming back to the present. He was vaguely aware of Max patting his back. Green eyes looked up at the black haired girl with the hazel eyes. Where had she come from? "I'm okay," he managed to get out. He was for the most part unharmed, so there was no reason for concern. He felt his neckline to make sure his locket was still in place and then searched his pocket for his phone. It was ruined, as was his notebook he'd used to write his interviews on. "Really, I'm okay. It was my own fault. I should have waited until after they finished practicing." He was used to taking the blame. He could do it again.

Vin looked at Felix, his gaze shifting only briefly to Kanda. New faces were showing up everywhere. They had to be freshmen, but he could care less. He didn't pay much attention to anything but the success of the team. "Take a hike kid." That was his way of dismissing Kanda. What was he going to do, tell?  He frowned at Felix. "Harmless prank Felix, lighten up. He didn't drown, he's clearly okay. You can piss off too."

Felix was getting really tired of Vin. He'd had about enough. The kid hadn't done anything wrong and there was time to do the interview. It would have looked good for the team and boosted the support. If it was good enough Liz would even get it published in the local paper for more support. Vin was an idiot. "He nearly drowned...."

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top