Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complicated

2 posters

Go down

Complicated Empty Complicated

Post by The Godfather Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Felix was aware that it was well past curfew, but it had been a strange few weeks and he needed some fresh air. He'd waited until he knew for sure that his roommates were asleep to get up and dress. Then he waited for the faint foosteps of the overnight staff to fade before he slipped out of his room. He could have easily used the excuse that he was going to the bathroom, but it wouldn't be valid once he got the top floor of the dormitory. He was heading to the roof, which was his secret spot to relax. He made it up there without an issue, and found a comfortable spot near the door to sit down. He let out a sigh and saw his breath visible in the chilly night air. Fall was right around the corner and then winter, which meant snow and afterwards would be swim season. He was looking forward to the spring time. It seemed like so far off though. He wasn't even sure Vin would let him stay on the team that long. Things had been very tense lately and he really didn't have the energy to go tit for tat with the captain of the swim team. Vin was the least of his issues though. Maddie was becoming a shadowing headache and there was nothing he could do to get rid of her. He wanted to ask Recha to talk to her, but that wasn't going to happen either. Most people tried to find themselves during freshman year, but it was becoming more and more apparent that he'd failed to focus on things outside of swimming and class and after going to the movies with Kymin.... things were just really confusing and he didn't need confusion on top of all things that were already going on in his life. It hadn't helped that Rumor had written about as much in their article too, and it was becoming a very controversial situation. Felix drew his legs up to his chest. What else did he have on his plate? Oh yes, his mother was doing the whole psychology thing on him again. If she wasn't in psychology mode she was in surgeon mode and he couldn't really handle that either right now. Everything was piling up on him. The silver haired male shook his head lightly. He had some positive things going on in his life, like the fact that he'd gotten tickets to a private showing for a brand new horror movie. The downside, telling Recha. He wanted to makeup for ditching him for Kymin, and Kim had said it would be a good idea, but now everything just felt complicated and Felix didn't do complicated. He looked down at his watch. It was two thirty in the morning. At least it was Saturday, so he didn't have to worry about classes. He stood up and walked to the edge of the railing and looked out over the city. It was beautiful out here. Maybe I can go surfing tomorrow morning. One last time before it gets too cold. The last time he'd gone surfing was when he had gone to the tournament in the second weekend after school started. He had taken first place and celebrated with his mom and dad and later his friends. Felix sighed. Things always seemed complicated, and he really couldn't remember a time where they weren't. The thing was, most times he'd just shut it out and pretended like things were fine. He gave a light chuckle. Too bad somethings were out of his control. Things like high school drama. Blue eyes shone in the dim moonlight. "I hate complicated...."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Complicated Empty Re: Complicated

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:02 pm

A blond haired girl snuck through the halls of the school, peeking around corners as she went. Serenity Mizuraki was a bit of a mischievous sort when she wanted to be, but preferred to call herself 'adventurous'. There were plenty of places she could go during the daytime where she wouldn't be heard singing, but she preferred to sneak out to the roof in the middle of the night. It was more...mystical that way. At least she liked to think so. She was sure the night staff wouldn't really agree. Once she was clear of all the staff, she found her way onto the roof, checking her watch as she went. It was about quarter to three. The night staff wouldn't come back around for a while, and on the odd occasion when they checked the roof, it wasn't very thoroughly. The girl with the dark blue eyes made it to the roof and quietly pressed the door shut. She took a deep breath and let it out in a relieved sigh as she turned and stretched her arms above her head, closing her eyes as she did. When she opened them again, she saw that there was already somebody on the roof. There was a confused frown on her face as she just looked at the person, who she assumed to be another student. She slowly lowered her arms before looking around. "...hi?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:36 am

Add detention to the list.... He turned to see what teacher had caught him out of bed in the dead of night. He was estimating that this was going to be at least a week of detention, a call to his parents, and a suspension from swim practice until further notice. He blinked icy blue eyes when he saw that it wasn't a teacher at all, but a student. He felt a certain type of way knowing that someone else knew about this spot. It wasn't about them knowing, it was more about them being here at the same time as him. He tucked his hands into the front of his hoodie. "Hey." He looked her over once and leaned back against the railing. She was blond with blue eyes, but they weren't icy like his. He had never seen her before either. She had a memorable face, even in passing. He wasn't really keen on staying up here and talking. He was hoping she'd turn away since he had been here first. He was a fairly friendly guy, but he liked his space. He preferred to be reserved and kept to himself, but occasionally someone could weasel their way in. He wasn't a brick wall.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:02 am

It didn't look like anyone else was on the roof besides this guy. Serenity wasn't exactly sure what to do. Should she leave? Would he leave? She knew proper etiquette would have been for her to leave, but she'd just wanted to come up here to sing a little bit. And...she wasn't too keen on singing in front of someone she didn't know. "I...I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was up here," she spoke in a fairly thick Romanian accent. She knew how to speak English, certainly, but she wasn't sure she would grow out of her accent. At least no one seemed to have any problems understanding her, for the most part. And if they claimed to not be able to understand her, it was mostly because they were teasing her in some way. "Or that anyone else knew how to get up here." She paused. This was very awkward. Should she introduce herself? She was quiet for a moment. "...may I stay up here with you? I won't bother you, I'll just go over that way," she said, pointing to the other side of the roof. If she couldn't sing, then at least maybe she could stargaze a bit.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:45 am

Felix hadn't caught the accent with a simple greeting, but now that she was talking, he recognized the accent immediately. Suddenly he didn't mind the company. He was half Romanian, spoke it fluently, and more often than not when at home. His mother had spent a few years there to learn the culture and language after she'd married his father. Something about full submersion being the best way to learn things. He swore she was more into psychology than being a surgeon. Who in there right mind would ever choose those two professions in the same lifetime. Not to mention manage both without an issue. His mother was an overachiever. He suddenly didn't mind company. "It's sort of my getaway spot." He gave a nonchalant shrug. "I don't own  this place, so feel free." The silver haired male looked over the edge. "You transferring from a school in Romania?" He hadn't been aware that there was going to be a foreign exchange student coming in this year. He didn't exactly keep up with the student body either. What surprised him was that Ellie hadn't hunted him down to be a personal translator and tour guide.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:58 am

Serenity realized after she'd spoken that she had fallen back into her old accent. It wasn't difficult to understand, but she had learned how to speak English more fluently since coming to Roulette. It just sometimes slipped. The blond girl cleared her throat lightly. "Funny, mine too," she said, her accent receding a little. When he told her that it was fine if she stayed, she started over towards where she'd pointed to before, stopping when he asked if she was an exchange student. "Yes. My family just moved to Roulette. They heard this was a very good school," she mentioned. "You recognize my accent?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:22 am

He heard the change and wondered if it had been that thick because she was nervous or something. He didn't really care to ask. Instead he tilted his head at her comment that this was her go to spot. That was not funny. He withheld a sigh. If a new student had found access, then it would only be a matter of time before this became a hangout spot for troublemakers. He'd probably have to start looking for a new spot.  Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. He nodded. "It's not bad." He liked it. Recently his opinion was changing, but that wss because his personal life seemed to be up in the air and he wasn't sure how to handle things. Blue eyes shifted towards the blond. "Half Romanian on my dad's side." Maybe one day he'd move there permanently. He liked it better in Romania. He knew his parents refused to make it their permanent residence because they were so invested in their jobs. He didn't mind. "Welcome to Roulette-I didn't catch your name."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:30 am

"That's good to hear. I wasn't sure about this school at first, but it seems okay so far," she said with a shrug. Except for the couple people who'd approached her who she was sure she didn't want to hang out with. She usually had a good intuition when it came to judging the characters of others. Usually. She couldn't really read this one, but he seemed okay. Serenity's dark blue eyes blinked in surprise when the boy said that he was half Romanian. "Oh. Oh really? Have you ever been to Romania?" she asked curiously, suddenly quite curious about this silver haired boy. When he welcomed her to the school, or city, she wasn't sure which, she smiled. "Thank you. It's Serenity," she said, crossing her hands casually behind her back. "You are?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Was anyone really sure about boarding school? Most kids felt like it was the dump place for kids whose parents didn't have time for them. Sad to think that, but sometimes it was true. He turned blue eyes to her and nodded. "I go every summer." He'd also spent two years there when he was four. His father had thought it a good idea while he was opening and closing a deal over there. His mother had willingly let him go. He'd enjoyed what little he could remember of the trip. He'd got a chance to see his grandparents, aunts, and cousins. He'd also spent eight months there in the second grade, four months in the fifth grade, and a eighteen months in the seventh grade. He'd spent enough time there, but he had settled for just giving her the basic information. She introduced herself and he did the same. "I'm Felix." He wasn't expecting this to turn into some friendship because they shared a nationality. That didn't qualify a person for friendship and he didn't really need more friends. The swim team and the twins were enough, along with a few others. The way things were going though, he might not have the swim team for much longer. That was upsetting to think about. "What brings you up here?"

The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:10 am

"Do you like it there?" She wondered if he'd been to the countryside or the city. "You can be honest," she chuckled. There was no need for him to be deceitful if he didn't like it. It's not like it would hurt her feelings or anything. "Nice to meet you Felix," she said cordially. It was rare that she met someone who could place her accent immediately. Many people thought her accent was Russian. Blue eyes blinked when Felix asked why she was up here. She shrugged. "I like to sing. Just...not in front of other people. And it's nice up here." She wasn't particularly embarrassed about being embarrassed. Everybody had something, some talent, that they didn't want to share with others because they were too shy or embarrassed to do it. Serenity was just more open about it than others.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:28 pm

There was nothing to dislike about Romania as far as he was concerned. "I plan on moving there after graduation." Just like that he'd made a decision. He'd go to Romania and do something worth while there. Perhaps something that would help spark a useful interests. Felix thought it was strange that she'd told him there was no reason to lie about his answer. He'd never had a reason to lie to begin with. He'd have taken it as her being blunt, but she'd started chuckling soon after. He directed his gaze to the stars. She came up here to sing? He would have expected her to say she was here to meet someone. Anything but singing. At least she hadn't asked why he was here. That list would have gone on and on.  "It's a pretty nice spot overall," he admitted. Quiet and peaceful. It was a nice break from the busy days here at Roulette High.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Serenity's eyes lit up. "Well, if you plan on moving there, I'd recommend moving to Brasov," she said with a nod. "The architecture is beautiful, and the people are lovely," she told him. Brasov was actually her hometown, so of course she had to brag about it and recommend it to him. She really did miss being in Romania. The people there spoke her language and didn't judge her for being foreign, because there she wasn't foreign. She was just one of them. Serenity nodded in agreement when Felix said it was a nice spot overall. The blond haired girl fell silent for a moment. "So...are you okay?" she asked suddenly. "I know my reason for being up here, but...people don't usually come to rooftops unless they're...unhappy," she said with a lightly frown at the word. She didn't want to use the word depressed, nor did she want to imply that he was potentially suicidal, but...she knew the statistics of kids in high schools in this country. They weren't pretty.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 am

Felix grinned. "That must be your hometown?" It didn't take rocket science to figure out as much. He'd seen the look in her eyes. "I've never bewn to Brasov. It's a pretty big city from what I hear." Felix wasn't a fan of the big city. He wasn't a people person despite his friendly nature. That and he liked his space. "My family are all from Targoviste, but I'll be sure to check out Brasov over Christmas break." He'd originally planned to spend the break at home relaxing, but a trip across the world didn't seem half bad anymore. He blinked when asked if he was okay or not. Why wouldn't he be okay? He tried not to give her a suspcious look. This wasn't share time. He wasn't obligated to tell her anything. "I'm not going to jump, if that's what you're implying...." Felix gave a small huff, icy blue eyes looking out over the city once more. "This just happens to be the only spot where I can get some peace and quiet. Everywhere else is taken." Truthfully, Felix wasn't okay. He'd been figuring that out little by little, but he was taking it one step at a time. Even if things did start getting extremely tough he wasn't going to end it all. He didn't have the nerve. Not once had it ever crossed his mind either. He leaned away from the railing and gave her a sideways glance. "Thanks for the concern, I guess...."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 am

Serenity nodded. "Sure is. It's a little big compared to the surrounding areas, I guess," she shrugged. "But it's nice, and actually spacious despite all the people." Her favorite places were actually the cafes. Romania had the best coffee in the world, if you were to ask her opinion. Of course, she wasn't really experienced with coffee from literally anywhere else, so she wasn't the best expert on the subject. The blond haired girl gave a slightly relieved sigh at Felix's response. She didn't like asking that, but... "I understand. Sorry for prying, but...I would have rather asked and annoyed you if it hadn't been the case, than not asked and something have actually been wrong. Even if I don't really know you..." She gave a small shrug and wrapped her arms around herself, looking off to the side. "...you know." She didn't want that kind of thing on her conscious. There had been someone who had jumped off the roof of her last school. She hadn't known the person, but she'd felt horrible. She'd seen them in passing a couple times, and they'd seemed just like everyone else. She'd just felt so horrible afterwards. "So, um...I'm gonna...go over there now," she told Felix, starting over towards the other side of the roof like she'd said she would before. "Nice chatting with you."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Felix preferred spacious places. Solitude was a perfect scenario for him. He would have loved to live in the country. Fresh air, natural sounds, plenty of space. He smirked at the thought, but it faded just as quickly. Everyone was always trying to pry, but at least she had good reason. It did look suspicious being up here alone in the middle of the night. He cast her a sideways glance. "You're right. Can't fault you for genuine concern." He pushed away from the wall. "Had I been someone else, you might have just saved my life." He tucked one hand into his jacket pocket. He chuckled lightly when she finally decided to go to the other side of the building. "You're good. I'm going to head back downstairs. Enjoy the rest of your night." He started walking for the door, stopping in his tracks when he noticed red droplets on the ground in front of him. He raised his hand to his face and shook his head lightly. Nose bleed. Looks like he really didn't have much choice but to return to his dorm afterall. He exited the roof, hand against the wall as a massive headache reared itself. He frowned lightly as he reached the bottom of the stairs. He waited for the night monitor to go about his business. Felix slipped into the hallway and started for the bathroom, but each step seemed to get slower and slower, until the world faded to blackness.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum