Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princess of Roses

Go down

Princess of Roses Empty Princess of Roses

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 pm

"Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby, back to the years of loo-li lai-lay, and I'll sing you to sleep, and I'll sing you tomorrow, bless you with love for the road that you go," Serena held Ashley next to her in bed, softly stroking the younger girl's deep purple hair. The sun had set not too long ago, and it was time for the younger child to go to bed. She was seven years old now, and had to wake up for school tomorrow. Only, it was a bit difficult for Ashley to get to sleep with their mother yelling so loudly in the other room. She was screaming into the phone about money and due dates and food and other things like that. Serena suspected their mother couldn't come up with the money for rent again. She was too busy spending all their money on beer and heroin.

"SERENA, SHUT THE HELL UP, I'M ON THE GOD DAMNED PHONE!"

The older sister pulled her younger sibling closer and continued singing. Quieter, this time, after hushing Ashley's quiet whimpers and snuggling closer with her under the blankets. "May you sail far to the far fields of fortune, with diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet, and may you need never to banish misfortune, may you find kindness in all that you meet..."

"Oh for the love of-!" Serena heard something slam in the next room over and heard thundering footsteps coming towards the bedroom. The older girl quickly turned off the lamp next to the bed and shushed Ashley, hunkering down with the younger child in her arms. Before she knew it, she felt her mother grab a fistful of hair and yank her out of the bed, with Ashley clinging to her arms. "When I say shut the hell up, I mean shut your fucking mouth!"

Serena reached up and tried to pull her mom's hand away from her hair, pulling away from the other woman. Frail as she was now, stringy as her hair was and skinny as her face was, her mother still had a considerable amount of strength. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Ow, stop! You're hurting me!"

"Mama, stop!" Even from where she was, the fourteen year old girl could see her sister's tears glimmering in the darkness of the room.

"Ashley honey, you're supposed to be asleep, you have school tomorrow, lay back down!" The older woman with the greying hair kept a hold of her eldest daughter's hair and started pulling her from the room. "And you! You're gonna learn how to fucking listen! You're cleaning this whole fucking trailer tonight, and you're not sleeping until I see that it's spotless!"

The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum