The Village of Fallen Rains

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Village of Fallen Rains

Post by Batsu on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Felix had woken up in the middle of the night, sort of restless. When he looked around in the darkness, he saw the sleeping figure of Serenity, but not that of Syndryl's. Felix didn't take note to care about it as he silently got up and started on a tiny trail opposite of the village. His hands tucked his grey short pockets, he carefully walked in silence, letting the moon and the stars be his only source of light. He wasn't sure why he was wake, but he was, and there was no point in going back to sleep just yet. Stretching in the moonlight, Felix came to a small flowing river. His blue eyes stared into the water. It was kind of memorizing. The way the moon reflected on it.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm

When he arrived at the camp, Syndryl realized that the boy was missing. He stopped and contemplated his options. If he left the boy to do whatever, with the chance of him not coming back, well...Serenity would still go on, even without a guide. While Serenity was the only one he had to protect, he still felt it better to have the child there. He wasn't a particularly cruel being, but if Madness was to go into anyone, he would not allow it to be Serenity. And Madness...for a creature like him, was something called home.

The dragon gave a sigh. He supposed there was no harm in looking for Felix. Taking his time, the large lifeform strode through the night quietly. While he was no canine, he could follow a scent easily enough. The scent led him to a river, where the boy was. "Nice night for a stroll," he mentioned. It was rather ironic, which made Syndryl chuckle a little.
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Felix had not heard the dragon until it spoke. He turned around and nodded slightly. "Why are you chuckling?" Felix asked with little care. His blue eyes peered through the darkness at the dragon. Why was he out here anyway? Felix shrugged and turned back to the water. "It is a nice night," he finally answered.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 pm

"Because of the irony. I myself was just out for a walk," he told the silver haired boy. Syndryl sat and turned his head upwards, as if he were looking at the stars. If there was one thing above all else that he missed seeing, it was the moon. He'd have to request to borrow his eyes back on the night of a full moon, sometime in the future. "It seems to me that you tend to get drawn to the water," the dragon spoke. While it was true, it was certainly a random subject. He was a little bit confused as to why the spirit would have attacked him if this was the case.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Felix kept his gaze on the water. "Then why are you back out here," Felix asked. Felix looked back at Syndryl when he made his statement on how Felix tended to get drawn to the water. "What do you mean by that," Felix asked. The village was surrounded by lakes and rivers, and the rain kept it like that. It was called the Village of Fallen Rains, so of course he should have taken a liking to it. Syndryl sure could be random. Felix shrugged. He liked the water, it was so free.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Syndryl merely shrugged a bit when Felix asked why he was back out here. "I don't think she'd be too pleased with me if you disappeared, and I didn't go look for you. You are leading us to the Pass afterall," he said casually. "Nothing. Don't worry about it," the dragon responded.

(Sorry, ran out of ideas for the moment.)
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Felix frowned and then took a seat. "I live here, I'm not going to get lost. And I wouldn't ditch you guys, I'm not a coward." Felix placed his hand in the cool water. "Why would you bring something like that up and then say nothing," he asked. "Obviously there was something on your mind." Felix took his hand out of the water and sighed. "How do you keep away from something you love, when the one person that loves you, continuously protest that you stay away from that something? How can you turn you back on the very thing that makes you, you?" Felix turned and looked at Syndryl. "I think I fear not being near the water. Sometimes I feel like it's a a part of me...but what if it's my downfall?" Felix shook his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you with such petty things," Felix said quietly as he went back to looking at the water.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Syndryl didn't say anything at Felix's question. If he said never mind, he wasn't about to discuss it. His 'gaze' lowered to the water as he felt the boy put his hand in it. It was a very smooth flowing river, it seemed. "I hardly think something like that is petty," he said. "If that someone tells you to stay away from it...they're just looking out for you. But you won't stay young forever. When you become older, you can do as you please. Don't turn your back on what makes you you, just keep that part of you in the back of your mind. When you're able to be near it, it's a moment you can remember for the future," the dragon explained. He looked at the boy. "So this is why you're drawn to the water," he muttered. "Perhaps it is just your element."
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Felix smiled. "It seems like I'll never be older. Time flows so slowly. I know I should enjoy being young, but I'm tired of everyone worrying about me." Felix shrugged. "Besides, what if it's too late," he said in no more than a whisper. Felix wished that he could just jump into the water, but that would mean he'd be soaking wet later, and he was not in the warmth of his home. Getting sick on the job would only slow things down. The blond lady was relying on him to be a guide. "I guess so," Felix responded when the dragon said maybe it was his element.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 pm

"From what I hear of humans, being older isn't all it's made out to be," he said. Syndryl looked at the boy quizzically. "Too late? Just what do you mean by that?" He was no more than a child, after all. What could have already passed him by that he could not have another chance at accomplishing?
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 am

Felix shook his head. "In my village, when we reach the age of five, we are taken to the Temple of Foreseeing by our parents," Felix said quietly. "We must enter the temple of alone, where five Prophets sort of write out our futures or something like that. It's stupid. The thing is, we don't get to know what lies ahead of us. Instead, our parents are told what lies ahead. They're not allowed to tell us, but they can get approval to say one thing." Felix looked at Syndryl. "Mom always tells me to stay away from the water. What if that's how I'm going to die?" Felix shook his head. "I mean, it's not like they're giving us our death sentences, but it's suppose to be a turning point in our lives or something. I don't know, I don't really understand it." Felix sighed. "I wish I knew exactly what was to be said. Sometimes I wonder if it's really that bad. What if it's the key to my greatness?"

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:18 am

Syndryl looked curiously at Felix as the boy explained. "If it was the key to your greatness, I doubt your mother would keep you from it." He paused. "I have a theory, but it's...just speculation," he said. "Perhaps it has something to do with that water spirit you encountered earlier? Perhaps the prophets foresaw your death by being pulled under by a water spirit. Not everything goes as planned. The future is liable to change at any moment," he said calmly.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am

The water spirit. Felix shuddered. "If that was how my life was suppose to end, I thank you for saving me." Felix smiled kindly. "I am very much grateful, and forever in your debt." Life was short, and one never knew when it could suddenly pass, so Felix was making a promise to the dragon. He wasn't sure what he could offer, but whatever he could, he would. Felix looked up at the sky. The stars are so bright tonight. It's no wonder I couldn't sleep. He smiled wholeheartedly.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 am

Syndryl blinked at the boy, a bit surprised when he was thanked by him. After a moment, the dragon gave what could only be described as a snicker. "In my debt? I'd not have come had I not been commanded to. You're not in my debt, but my contractee's," he said, looking at the kid as he smiled at the stars. "You're very peculiar," he said, blinking. "Do you know that?"
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 am

"You're a dragon and you're calling me peculiar," Felix said with a light giggle. "You're the one that's strange." The silver haired shinobi shrugged. "Your contractee doesn't seem to like me very much," Felix said. "I saved her life before anyway, so we're even. And she was very ungrateful too." Felix shook his head. "The nerve of some people." Felix shrugged again. "I don't really care, this is the last time I'll see her anyway." Felix smirked. "And I can take her annoying bitter attitude since this is my first legit treasure hunt."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:52 am

Syndryl chuckled at the boy's comment. He was right, after all. "Hm? Ah. I don't suppose she'd be too used to people after all she's been through. My guess is she doesn't want company. She has this weird idea in her mind that she has to protect everyone she comes into contact with." He paused, then gave a snort. "And whoever she protects, I have to protect," he muttered in irritation.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:59 am

Felix smirked. "You don't have to protect me. I don't have a contract with you," he said. "I am but a mere guide." Felix paused and peered curiously at the dragon. "What exactly happened to her, if you don't mind me asking," Felix asked innocently. He'd remember her saying that the member of her group that had died, but what of the other members. Where were they? Felix played with a blade of grass as he waited an answer.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 am

"Yes, well, if she protects you, I might as well just be protecting the both of you anyways," he concluded. "Hm. Don't mention anything I say to her. She's rather...temperamental." For no apparent reason, the dragons fur fluffed a bit before he shook it out lightly. "I don't know the whole story. I wasn't with her that long. But I do know that her sister and lover had been part of a treasure hunting team with her. Both of them died quite a while ago."
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 am

Felix was suddenly quiet. So that was why she'd been so snappy earlier. Because one of those people had been either her sister or her boyfriend. Felix kind of felt guilty for thinking she was rude. It was no wonder she wanted to protect everyone. He would too if everyone around him died. "I promise I won't tell," he said as he crossed his heart. Standing up, Felix went over to Syndryl and placed his hand on the dragons head. "Thank you," he said. He lightly rubbed Syndryl's fur without meaning to. It was just habit whenever he touched something with fur. "We should get back. I won't be much use if I'm tired."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 am

Syndryl gave Felix a nod when he promised he wouldn't tell. He paused in place when the kid put a hand on his head and petted his fur. His head turned in Felix's direction, and blinked. That had been...unusual. But Syndryl decided to brush it off, giving his fur a shake when he stood back up. "You're welcome," he answered, giving a nod, and following Felix back to the camp, where the fire had burned low a while ago. Looking to the trees, Syndryl walked over to one, standing on his back legs with one leg on the tree as he knocked down a rather dry looking branch. With only a few stomps of what could only be called a paw, the branch was cracked into smaller bits, which Syndryl piled onto the fire with his claws, shooting another small white spark at it to set it alight once more, before laying down in front of the new fire.

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:31 am

Felix smiled at the way Syndryl had reacted. He guessed the dragon had never been petted before. Going back to camp, Felix lay down without any hesitation and watched as Syndryl worked on building up the fire. He smirked. He could have picked up branches along the way, but that was making firewood in style. Closing his eyes, he was soon fast asleep.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 am

The next morning, Serenity was the first one up out of all of them, and was sitting there in the same place she'd been sleeping, sharpening the edge of what looked like a large twig. There was a pile of already sharpened sticks next to her. The dagger she was using had a white handle, though you could hardly tell, since the handle fit into the palm of her hand just perfectly. She sat quietly as she worked. Syndryl could be heard breathing steadily as he slept slightly curled up, almost as a cat would, his dark wings folded unmovingly over his back.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 am

Felix lay balled up near the tree. The scrapping of wood was what woke him up from his dream. Blinking open his eyes, the young shinobi yawned and rubbed his eyes as he turned to see where the scrapping was coming from. It was the blond lady working on sharpening a large twig. Felix yawned and fell back onto his book bag. "Gosh it's early," he mumbled. He gave a sigh and blinked his eyes again. "Hey lady, what exactly are you doing," he asked.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Serenity looked up from her work as Felix asked what she was doing. "Mornin' to you too." She looked back down and started again. "I like to have extra options if I ever run out of weapons. These make for good backup," she said with a shrug. The blond haired teen looked over to Syndryl. Even though he was such a big creature, it was kinda cute seeing him curled up like some kind of house pet. She'd have to be careful never to say that aloud.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Felix shrugged. "You're strange.... Good morning." Felix stood up and dusted his shorts off. His white shirt was covered in dirt, so he reached into his bag and pulled out a long sleeved green shirt and slipped it on. The woman may have been using sticks as weapons, but Felix was more of a one on one type of fighter. After he put his dirty shirt into his bag, he started to get prepared for the journey. Counting his weapons and then placing them in their rightful spots. Felix looked at Serenity. "So...this treasure, what exactly is it suppose to be again?"

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top