Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village of Fallen Rains

2 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Village of Fallen Rains - Page 4 Empty Re: The Village of Fallen Rains

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 am

Serenity nodded to Felix as he passed her, walking into the blacksmith shop. She found throwing knives of an appropriate weight, then bought about ten, along with having her dagger sharpened as she looked at other weapons. She wondered if a sword would suit her fighting style.

Syndryl listened to the spirit with a light snort of a sigh as it finished. "No. But I suppose it will do," he said, slowly standing himself up. "Thank you. I must depart now," he said, taking a step back, before bowing his long neck to the spirit. And just as before, Syndryl crouched down and shot up into the air with a flap of his wings. He had to get to the clearing before his two companions did, so as not to cause suspicion. The darkness of the mind. The words rang through his own, and wondered what they meant.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:35 am

The water spirit did not wait for the dragon to depart, for it dropped back into the water after the dragon had given it's thanks. Knowing the answer of the dragon had not been completely answered, the water spirit swam in circles with little care. If the dragon had asked again, maybe it would have gotten the answer it required.

Felix was done with his list so he sat outside the weapon shop. His blue eyes looking down at the ground. He wondered if he should wait for Serenity, or just go ahead to the clearing. It was their meeting spot after all. Not wanting to sit around all day, he got up and headed for the meeting spot. Upon entering the clearing he looked curiously at Syndryl. "We didn't keep you waiting, did we?" Felix asked. He held a small smile as he sat down indian style on a patch of grass.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:39 am

By the time Felix had arrived, Syndryl was laying on his belly, his front legs crossed once more and his head laid on them with his eyes closed. He didn't move when Felix approached and spoke. "I kept myself busy while you were away," he informed casually. It wasn't too long later that Serenity arrived. "Ah, we're all here then," she stated. "Now...my question is, since it's getting dark already, would you all like to wait until morning to leave?" She knew it was redundant to ask, considering they'd just come from the village, but she wanted Syndryl's opinion as well.

"I will not sleep in the village, should you decide to wait," he told them both, still unmoving from how he was when Felix had first arrived.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 am

Felix looked at Serenity as she showed up. When she asked whether they should keep going or stay, he shrugged. "You're the boss lady, I'm just the guide." He rocked back and forth on his heels. He then looked at the dragon. Felix was still amazed. He wished that he could show his mom, but she'd probably freak out. Felix smiled lightly and then looked back at his village. This was the only home he knew. He would never leave, ever! He had faith that the village would forever go on. Besides, we never fight with anyone unless it's for another village. The Village of Fallen Rains deserves nothing but peace and longevity.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Serenity nearly smirked when Felix said that she was the boss. "You should go home and stay with your family tonight, before you leave for however long we'll be gone." She didn't want to be negative, but this Kokoboro Pass didn't sound too friendly. Who knew if they would all come back, especially if trained ninjas never had. If anything, Serenity would survive no matter what, and Syndryl was fast enough to run out at a moments notice. Felix was just a young ninja. She looked at him. She'd make sure he survived, no matter what. She wouldn't be responsible for another death. "I don't want to leave Syndryl out here alone all night."

Syndryl raised his head to look at her. "Don't trust me?"

Serenity only shook her head. "Don't trust other humans," she told him with a small smirk.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Felix hated the way the lady was treating him. He was a ninja. He knew that he wouldn't live forever. He had friends much younger than him die. Felix strictly lived by his Shinobi way. His blue eyes narrow he turned away. "I already told my mom I was leaving, there's no point in me going back now. Besides, I'm used to sleeping outside," he said. Felix took a seat near a tree and crossed his arms over his chest.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Serenity raised an eyebrow at him when he sat back against a tree and crossed his arms. "I suppose a fire wouldn't do harm then," she said with a shrug, as she walked off towards where the trees became more. "I'll be back in a few," she told them. No matter how long she lived, she still felt odd taking up the speech patterns of the more modern times.

Syndryl looked at Felix (or in his direction, rather). "You sure are a bit stubborn. You two might end up butting heads quite a bit," he informed Felix, still laying down, but his head was raised now to look towards the boy (whom he'd recently found had strange silver hair).
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Felix watched Serenity leave for firewood. He turned to Snydryl when the dragon spoke to him. "I'm not trying to be stubborn," Felix said honestly. "It's just that I don't want her to treat me like a baby. I'm old enough to take care of myself. The life of a ninja means danger ever second of my life. I'm not afraid to face this danger. It's just another challenge to get past. If I die in the process, then at least I know that I didn't die a coward," Felix spoke calmly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:52 pm

If a dragon could look to be impressed, Syndryl was. "You're an interesting human," he said truthfully, his voice as a dragon much deeper and raspier than it'd been in his human form. He stayed silent for a long while before speaking again, his 'eyes' never leaving Felix. "Then...what is it you fear, if not death?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Felix found it weird how Syndryl was looking at him, but not looking at him. He didn't bother to bring it up though. Instead he watched the dragon's expression, which Felix thought was something the lines of impressed if he wasn't mistaken. Felix didn't think he was interesting. He was just a normal kid who was living the life of a ninja. When Syndryl asked him what he feared, he was momentarily silent. What did he fear? "I'm not sure," Felix answered awkwardly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Syndryl nodded at the response he was given. "Not unusual. Most beings do not know what they fear until faced with it head on," he said, looking towards the trees as Serenity returned. "It's not really the dry season, but this'll have to do," she said, placing the firewood down, before she started searching her pockets for tinder. Syndryl snorted in clear amusement before shooting a spark of white flame at the wood, setting it alight immediately. Serenity looked at him. "Oh. Right."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:13 pm

"I guess so," Felix said quietly. When he heard Serenity coming, he didn't bother to face her. When she put the wood down, claiming it would have to do, he rubbed his hands through his hair and leaned back against the tree. Felix couldn't help but chuckle when Syndryl started a fire. Pulling off his book bag, Felix sat quietly. He looked up at the sky. The stars were starting to come out. Felix liked to sit outside and watch the stars. It was fun to connect them and find a face or an animal. I wonder what that lady fears, Felix thought casually.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Serenity sat down after the fire was started, crossing her legs indian style, then crossing her arms over them as she looked at the fire. "It's a nice night," she mentioned casually. Her mind started drifting though. Why was she still out and about, looking for treasure on her own? After Jake and Liora died, she should have stopped. Hell, she should have stopped after Liora had died. Her little sister had died first. It had broken her. She hadn't been able to save her. They'd gotten separated from Jake in some kind of living maze. And then a beast, unlike anything she'd ever seen before, had come straight out of the wall. Like...like some kind of phantom. Serenity hadn't been fast enough to stop it. One swipe from the creature had left Liora fatally wounded. And then...and then it had just disappeared. And left Serenity with her dying younger sister.

Serenity blinked and tore her gaze away from the fire. Had someone spoken to her?

(Unless you have something planned, I'll skip to morning in the next post.)
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 pm

(To the water spirit)

Felix looked at Serenity when she suddenly looked away from the fire. Looked like someone was going down memory lane. Felix smirked and tossed his bag to the side so he could use it as a pillow. Laying on his back he stayed staring up at the sky, waiting for the stars to emerge through the darkness. "It's always a nice night here," Felix said quietly. He was proud of his village. Proud of the people, the friendships, the families, everything. It was perfect. If Felix had gotten off on a better foot with the blond lady, he would have told her she should stay, but that wasn't about to happen.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 am

It wasn't too long before Serenity bid the two goodnight, using her own backpack as a pillow, and using her jacket as a blanket. She could never sleep without something covering her.

A few hours later, when the moon was high in the sky, and the crickets chirping, Syndryl lifted his head from laying on top of his legs and slowly and quietly stood up. He'd been thinking about what the water spirit had said. It was strange. He'd thought that it had just been being cryptic earlier, when it asked him if that was the answer he seek. Which was starting to lead him to believe there was a different answer to the one he'd received. So, walking away from the two, Syndryl didn't bother looking back. Didn't really need to. He could feel everything around him. He wasn't like those humans, who could only see what was in front of them, and even then were sometimes blind to the truth.

Considering he had all night, Syndryl walked to the lake instead of flying. It was nice to stretch his real legs. Upon reaching the lake, he stopped, sitting at it's edge. "Do spirits of nature sleep?" he asked aloud, as casual as if he were speaking to a person right in front of him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:30 am

Felix lay silently watching the sky until he finally fell asleep. His blue eyes closing as he found himself lightly dreaming of the mission ahead. He was unaware that Syndryl was on the move.

Like before, the water swayed lightly and a watery form appeared once more. "It is not needed," he answered genuinely. "What answers do you seek dragon?" The spirit was sure he already knew the answer to his question, but there was no harm in being completely sure. After all, this was his domain.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 pm

"I thought as much," the dragon spoke, watching as the spirit rose from it's watery home. Just as the spirit very likely knew what he was there for. "I want a real answer this time," he spoke. "What lies in Kokuboro's Pass?" He didn't mean to sound rude, but that last answer he'd been given was pretty cryptic. Cryptic wasn't something he had time for. Serenity was his ward, and he'd a contract with her. Waiting for danger to show was not something he was willing to do.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 am

"In Kokuboro's Pass lies the answers you seek," the spirit said casually. "But first you must pass through the Madness, where nightmares become reality in the form of comrades. Death is what you will find in the Pass. The dead walk restlessly. Those of weak minds will fall victim before the journey begins. Creatures lurk in the darkness." The water spirit started to sink back into the water. "Fear will be the downfall of man. In the end only one will stand. Darkness will shroud the land. And then it will begin again." What appeared to be a smile formed on what could have been the head of the watery figure. "Stray from the light and you will fall," the spirit said as it took the shape of many beings.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:28 am

(Nice riddle.)

The first statement alone made Syndryl's fur bristle. Another cryptic message. But then, the spirit started telling him real information, though it still sounded cryptic. Nightmares becoming reality. The dead walk. Fear will be man's downfall. Syndryl looked at the watery being as it took different forms. "I suppose then, it's a good thing I am no man." He stood. "Death is always looking for new wards, is it not?" he asked. He'd just have to be careful that Death didn't take his. "Be there a way to divert it's attention?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 am

(Thank you.)

"Death is not easily fooled. It will find a way to claim it's prize. You cannot cheat death, for only misery and sorrow pursues." The possible smile faded from the creatures face. "Keep to the path, but you will not be safe, and stay out of the dark." What the spirit was not telling the dragon was that darkness ruled over the path to Madness. There was no way of getting past it. Kokuboro's pass was a death sentence. "You wish to protect the one who took the wolf's scroll. Fortune should not always be seeked. She may know that all too well." The spirit returned to it's original watery form. "And again, she may see." He looked at the dragon curiously. "What will you do, if you cannot protect her? What will you do if your life is at stake? Will you walk away, or will you stay and fight until your last breath?" The spirit moved closer to the land where Syndryl stood. "I want to know, if a human's life so precious? If so, they why?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Syndryl tilted his head as the spirit said that Death cannot be cheated. "I know of someone who does it daily," he said simply. He gave what could've been considered a frown when he was told to stay from the dark. Syndryl gave a small nod of agreement. Fortune was not all that life contained. But Serenity didn't seem to understand that anymore. "Her life is my life, and I shall protect it no matter what. As long as she lives, I will." Precious? Was her life precious to him? Syndryl had to sit back down at that question to think. "I've made a contract with her. That I'd protect her. I've no intention of letting her down." That was all it was. His pride as a dragon. A dragon who kept his word was a dragon worth more than what a thousand treasures could offer. "But that boy she's taken with us...I've no contract with him," he said simply. Something inside him said that Serenity knew that, and would make sure to put herself between the boy and harm. And that irritated Syndryl, that she might waste her life for another's. Even if she was immortal.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:45 pm

That seemed to spark interest in the water spirit. "Oh, so it is a contract that makes her so meaningful." He gave a watery chuckle. "Contracting with a human can be a dangerous game. For both the contractor and the contractee." The spirit shook it's head. "The boy. Hmm. The last child that entered the Pass was never to be seen again. Maybe this is a good sign. For as Death looks for new wards, Madness seeks a new vessel." He started to sink back into the calm waters. "But I am just a simple spirit that roams the waters of this wasting village. How should I know what lies on that Pass." Even though he'd become one with the water once more he continued to speak. "But as humans say, curiosity kills the cat."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Syndryl nodded at the spirits conclusion. It was correct, after all. There really wasn't much other value to her than that. She kept him alive by giving him her life in return for protection. "It keeps me alive, so the danger is worth it," he said simply. "Not something a spirit would need to worry about." Syndryl paused when the spirit mentioned that Madness looked for a new vessel. He didn't like the sounds of that. He liked to think that he was immune to such trivial things, but one could never be sure. The humans on the other hand...well, Serenity would not like this information, if he decided to tell her about it. "Wasting village, hm? Seems you know something the villagers do not." Wasn't all that surprising. Humans were ignorant. Once more Syndryl stood, looking at the water. "I suppose that is all the information I need. Thank you for your time, spirit," he spoke, bowing to the being once more.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:32 pm

The spirit didn't have to worry about such bothersome things. As long as there was water, he could continue to exist. And even then, humans were mainly made up of water, so he could always use them as a host if need be. That time had not come. "Everything is wasting away," the spirit spoke. "All things good and bad. Nothing is permanent, nothing at all." The spirit reach a slender hand out of the water towards Syndryl when he said that was all the information he needed. "Listen for the Call of the Sirens," he whispered. With that he sunk into the depths of the lake. "Good luck, dragon."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Well, Syndryl had to agree with the spirit on that. Everything was wasting away. He watched, almost warily, as the spirit reached a hand out towards him. He did, however, freeze in place when the spirit mentioned Sirens. If there was one thing that even remotely intimidated him...it was Sirens. With the spirit's call of good luck, Syndryl turned and started back to the 'camp' at a walk. He had to think about this. As if it didn't seem dangerous enough before...he'd just been told that there would be Sirens...
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next