Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma Empty Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:08 am

Felix listened to her silently. He ran his hand through his hair. "I miss you too," Felix told her. He really did. He just wanted this mission to be over with so that he could go to her. He wanted to see his kids. Felix was hoping he could finish this mission before they were born. He shook his head again. "I'll be home soon," he told her. Or at least he hoped. If he didn't get home, he wasn't sure what he'd do. At first he wanted nothing to do with those kids, but now he wanted to be a part of their lives.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 am

Serenity nearly broke down into tears when he said that he missed her too. And then the first of the tears rolled down when he said he'd be home soon. She didn't want the phone call to end, she wanted to hear his voice...most of all, she wanted to see him again. "I hope so..." she said, trying to sound as calm as she could. She didn't want to sound like she was crying. Didn't want to make Felix worry more than he probably already was.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 am

Felix had a rule about never making promises he couldn't keep. There had been so many of those days before that he felt guilty just thinking about it. So instead of promising her that he would, he simply said. "Me too." He could just imagine seeing her there, sitting on the couch, her eyes staring in the direction of the steps where he would have been had he been home. Felix grinned. "You know what, what color are you going to design the girl's room?" He asked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 am

Serenity blinked at Felix's sudden question. Where had that come from? "I...I was thinking pink, or...a light purple," she told him slowly. "Lavender, most likely," she finally said. And then there was a pause. "Um...why..?" While she was certainly still thinking about him coming home, now she was curious as to why he would ask such a random question.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 am

Felix wasn't going to tell her it was to get his mind off of what had just happened. He wasn't going to tell her he'd asked because he wanted to get her mind off the issue either. What he did tell her was something that none of them would expect, "Because you can't paint without me. I don't need you trying to climb ladders and things of the sort to get to the high places. Besides, when they're older, I can be like, Yeah, I painted you guys room because your mom is too short to reach." Felix gave a light grin.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:26 pm

It wasn't long before Serenity started understanding what Felix was trying to accomplish. In truth, it made her smile. She blinked though, when Felix mentioned that she couldn't paint without him. She gave an audible huff at his last sentence. "I am not short," she said lightly, and you could almost hear the small pout she was giving. While she didn't want to say that she was going to paint it without him, Serenity also didn't want to allow him to get away with a tease. Not until he was home, safe and sound. "Hmph. The least I'm doing before you get home is putting flowers on their walls, you hear? Let us just hope I don't get impatient waiting for you and finish the entire thing on my own," she said, and a smile was clear from the tone of her voice. "Let's not forget I can use my wind now," she retorted lightly, giving a small chuckle. She didn't want Felix to know all that was going on. Not after this little mishap. Anything more than the stress of the attack was bound to send him running home. And as much as she wanted that, she didn't want Felix getting into trouble.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm

"I can hear your pouting," Felix mused. His blue eyes shinned. "By the way Serenity, if you paint without me, we're going to war," he joked. "I will buy a bucket of paint and toss it on you." Felix nodded and then looked off to the side, into the Kage's room. The man was still looking at the papers on his desk. He seemed to be studying the decision of making Lacie the advisor. Good. "Oh, and you are short."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Serenity stayed silent for a moment after Felix said he heard her pouting. "Am not," she finally answered. "Eh? You'd...I dare you to try it. I'd make sure I'd cover you in unwashable pink paint in return." She nodded, then looked to Thomas who was staring out the front window. He'd been the one who'd saved her, and he hadn't left since it had happened. He didn't seem to be paying attention to much else other than watching outside. That made her smile a bit. "Am not," she said again when Felix called her short.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:18 pm

(...............)

"Pink paint....oh Ser that's just evil." Felix shook his head. "But it's whatever because I look good in all colors." Felix couldn't help but grin. He wanted to hear her laugh. He was onlyu joking about the pink though. Never in his life would he wear pink. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. "Kuriyama," a gruff voice came from the door. Felix looked back into the room. "Sir?" "If you don't mind, I would like to finish discussing Tentou." Felix sighed. "Yes sir." He put the phone back to his ear. "Gotta go love, I'll call you later. No painting without me."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Serenity laughed lightly when Felix called her evil. She knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't help it. "Ah, so then you wouldn't mind me making you wear pink when you got back?" she joked. Serenity paused quietly when she heard Felix talking to someone. Her smile faded a bit when Felix told her he had to go. "Alright. Talk to you later. I'll try to resist," she said with a light giggle. "Love you," she said. It almost sounded casual the way she said it, but she really did mean it. If Felix knew nothing else about her, he certainly at least knew that she meant it.

When Felix did end up hanging up the phone, he would find that he had a text message from Kana that stated:

Everything's fine. Kymin's on his guard, and Suki's safe. She says she wants to see you when you get off 'work' though. Doesn't matter how late.

-Kana

Of course, Kana knew that she hadn't told Felix she knew Suki, and that was all fine and dandy, cuz he was bound to find out eventually anyways. Right now Kana was staying at Suki and Tara's hotel room, talking to them about what had happened. Apparently someone had mistaken Tara for Suki and attacked her.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

"Love you too." Felix looked at his phone and checked the message. The look on his face was very much confused. Why is she with Suki? Felix went to call her, but remembered that the Kage was waiting for him. Now he was going to be on edge all freakin day. "So, what do you think about Tentou?" Felix asked as he walked into the office. The Kage gave a small smile. "I think she would be a perfect advisor. Well done Kuriyama." Felix gave a small grin. He wanted to say don't thank me, thank Kymin, but he knew that wouldn't be wise.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:03 am

Kana stayed with Tara and Suki for a while to make sure they were okay. It was a couple hours before she actually left, but only because Suki's best friend had not felt safe. Kana ended up talking with the two for a bit, learning a bit about them and their traveling performance. She actually found it rather interesting. The girls were so young. Nineteen at the most, she thought. Only six years younger than her, but still. They told her that they'd started traveling to perform nearly six years earlier. She was surprised that the two hadn't gotten attacked, and while she stated her mind, was quickly refuted by Suki and Tara alike. Telling her that they'd had a couple creeps try to attack them on their travels. Tara had no problems with stating how Suki usually clonked them over the head with her violin case in a very casual manner before carrying on, to which Suki became somewhat embarrassed. Kana thought that the girl couldn't really get much more shy.

In the end, Kana had told the two girls that she'd send an ANBU over to watch after them for a bit, and a different one to take watch that night, just in case the attacker tried coming back. She'd told Suki that she texted Felix telling him she wanted him to come over.

Returning home, Kana sat heavily on her bed. She wasn't used to 'being there' for someone. It was kinda tiring. She didn't mind it though. The two girls seemed nice enough. The shinobi's gaze landed idly on the wall where the assassin had ended up pinned. There looked like there was the outline of a red circle on the wall, but she hadn't bothered turning her lights on, so she couldn't see all that well. It was like that spike thing hadn't even gone into the wall, but instead left blood splattered in it's place. Like only the blood on the outside of the spike had touched the wall. Like...the thing was transparent, a ghost...

Kana shook her head. There was no such thing as ghosts, and there was sure as hell no such thing as ghost spikes.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 am

Felix spent the next few hours talking with the Kage about the Lacie girl. Apparently he had to go speak with her tomorrow about possibly taking the job. Felix just hoped Kymin had already spoke to her about it. Stretching as he got off work, he headed to Suki's place, his hands in his pants pocket. He had to get a new jacket. He looked at the time on his phone, eight thirty. "At least I didn't have to move crap around today," Felix thought with a rather grateful nod. When he got to the young girl's house, he saw that she had an ANBU watching the place. I swear, the Sand causes more trouble than any village I know. First Dantes and now Aidelia. Why can't they keep their ninja in check? "I'm here to see Suki," Felix said as he knocked on the door.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:06 am

(They're livin in a hotel temporarily darlin. Heart )

Suki and Tara had been watching tv, but not really watching. Instead the television was on, but they were talking to each other. Not too long after Kana had left, Suki had a talk with Tara about Felix. Tara had never seen her best friend so adamant about getting her to leave someone alone. So, she could only acquiesce, considering that monumental slip-up that she'd had in their previous argument. Now the two girls were back on good terms, and this little 'incident' only helped it.

Tara fell completely silent when she heard the knock on their door, her gaze turning towards Suki before looking at the door. Suki knew that there was an ANBU out there, but she still didn't trust the village much. Shaking her head, Suki went over to the door, but not after making sure she had one of her small knives hidden up her sleeve. She'd had it hidden ever since Kana had left, actually. When she opened the door, she looked relieved. "Hi Felix," she said with a light smile, opening the door to let him in. "I'm, uh...glad you came."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:05 pm

(I knew that)

Felix waited for Suki to come answer the door. He had heard them grow tired when he knocked, and it made him feel even worse. When she opened the door and smiled, Felix did the second weirdest thing of the day. He wrapped Suki in a hug. "Good to see you're okay." He let her go and stepped inside. When he saw Tara he kept from having a look cross his face. "Hi Tara," he said as politely as he could when around her. She seemed shaken up as well, so he wouldn't be a jerk towards her unless she started something. He looked back at Suki. He wanted to know why she wanted to see him. It was kind of odd, considering she'd asked Kana to ask for her.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Suki blinked in moderate surprise when Felix hugged her. Tara looked at the two before looking off to the side as Felix addressed her. It was no secret that he didn't like her, and now she just felt bad. Felix actually did care about Suki, so who was she to try and tell Suki just who to make friends with? "Um, hi," she responded, almost meekly. It was probably the first time that he'd actually seen Tara quiet.

Suki shut the door behind Felix when he came in, looking to Tara, who was still sitting on the couch. Aside from the couch, there was one other chair in the living room that looked rather out of place. Suki had brought the chair in from the small kitchen when Kana had come, since there hadn't really been much room on the couch between Suki and Tara, even though the couch was for three people. Suki hadn't wanted to make Kana feel uncomfortable.

The shy hazel eyed girl walked over to the couch and casually sat on the arm of it, looking to Tara before looking back to Felix. "I didn't want to bother you...it was Tara's idea to call you so that you knew I was okay. And Kana just happened to have your number," she explained, looking to the side. She seemed embarrassed that he'd come over, but relieved nonetheless.

And still, Tara stayed quiet.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 am

No annoying comments from Tara? Felix was clearly dumbfounded. When Suki took a seat and started to speak, he had to keep from looking at his mortal enemy when it was said to have been her idea. Felix wondered why Tara had assumed he'd even cared. Not saying he didn't, because he did. But, was she just trying to get at him, and go back to Serenity and spread lies and rumors? Felix shook his head a bit confused and unsure. "It wouldn't have bothered me," Felix told her. On another note, Felix was careful of how he was speaking. Tara was oddly silent. What he still didn't understand was why Suki, who he knew had his number, did not text him instead of Kana. And what the hell was Kana doing over here anyway? And how the hell did Aidelia know he knew Suki? The woman had literally attacked every female he cared about. Felix wanted to hit the wall, but he decided against it. "I'm sorry about this," he said sincerely to the both of them.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:40 am

Suki just gave Felix a tiny smile when he said it wouldn't have bothered him. "I figured as much. I just...didn't want to stress you out over nothing, if the both of us are okay."

At that, Tara spoke up. "You're not okay. You got hurt," she said, almost quietly.

Suki sighed and shook her head. "It's nothing Tara, I told you." She then paused at Felix's apology. "Sorry? What're you sorry about?" She tilted her head. "I don't think this had anything to do with you, let alone it being your fault..." she told him honestly, looking a bit confused. Did he think this was his fault?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:13 am

It was only fair of him to be honest. "There's some issues in the Sand concerning my mission. I think our enemy saw me with you that day being a bit more than just friendly. They'd threatened to hurt anyone I cared about, but I didn't think they were going to go through with it, let alone attack you." Felix looked like he did not want to really be here. First Kana, then Serenity, now Suki. All of them had been put into danger because he had teased Aidelia. This was his fault and he could do nothing to make it up to them. And in the process, Tara had got dragged into the mess too. Any other day he wouldn't have minded her being in danger, but when it was blood on his hands, things got complex. He looked to Tara when Suki claimed that Suki had gotten hurt. It hadn't dawned on him until now. How had they fought off their assassin? "You're hurt?" He asked Suki. "Have you gone to get it checked. If not then you should." He didn't want to sound like he was ordering her around, but, "Your attacked may have used poison in his weapons." He hadn't worried about that with Serenity or Kana, because Serenity dealt with poison all the time, and Kana was a ninja, so she'd know to get it checked out. "If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you fight off your attacker?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Suki tilted her head as Felix explained. "But...the guy hadn't attacked me. He'd attacked Tara," she told him, blinking. Maybe it was coincidence, but Suki had thought that the attacker had been after her, and had mistaken Tara for her by accident. But Suki had different reasons for thinking that she was the target other than what Felix had said. But what he said did make sense.

Tara looked at Felix when he mentioned a day when they'd been being more than friendly...she wanted to ask about it, but decided for the first time in a while, to just stay out of it.

Suki stayed silent when Felix asked if she was hurt. She only blinked when he said that poison may have been involved. "I...hadn't thought of that. But I feel fine, and the attack happened this morning. If they'd used poison, wouldn't it be one that was fast acting?" she asked.

Tara was the one who spoke up first when Felix asked how they'd fought off their attacker. "It was actually Suki. We'd been talking, and she'd forgotten something in her room. When she went to go get it, the guy came out of nowhere.." she started. "When I screamed, Suki came running out. When she saw what was going on...I mean, for a second, I mistook her for a ninja," Tara said, glancing at Suki, to which the shy girl looked to the side with a small blush.

"He was slow, so it's not like it was hard," she muttered.

Tara shook her head. "Still." She looked at Felix. "Anyways, after Suki got him good a few times, the guy took off running. Now that I think of it...Suki, where did that knife come from? You know, the one you used? It was a ninja's, wasn't it?"

Suki fell silent for a moment. "They were a present from my brother. I keep them in my violin case," she told them.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 pm

"An assassin....slow?" Felix couldn't help but smirk. Suki was such a sweet girl. It was almost amusing to see the girl acting so shy and innocent. Felix had almost forgotten about her brother being a ninja. He decided not to say how a quick and painless death was not Aidelia's style. Felix pictured the woman as someone who would make one's death slow and painful. "I'm glad you're both okay regardless." He said honestly. He gave a small sigh. Today had been chaotic, but in the end, everyone was safe. Felix was thankful for that too.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Suki looked off to the side when Felix smirked. "Maybe it was just a normal ninja," she said.

Tara rolled her eyes. "Yeah, a really bad normal ninja." She then paused as she realized something. "Wait. You said...everyone you care ab-..." Tara suddenly jumped up and started for her room. "I have to make a phone call," she said quickly, but then paused before she got into her room. "Oh, uh...right." She turned around and looked at Felix almost nervously. "I'm, uh...sorry if I bothered you in the past," she said, sounding a little embarrassed. "Thanks for coming by to check on Suki," she said, going into her room before shutting the door behind her.

Suki looked down a bit. Since when had Tara turned into the apologizing type? Agh, it didn't matter much. But she'd certainly surprised Suki by doing that. The shy girl brought her gaze up to look at Felix. She wondered what he had thought about that.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:10 pm

When Tara suddenly jumped up and claimed she had to make a phone call, Felix held back a sigh. At first he'd thought she was going to go gossip to Serenity, but then remembered that the girl no longer seemed interested in making his life miserable. She was probably going to call and check on Serenity herself. Felix nodded when the girl apologized. "It's not a problem." Lies. He was just being nice was all. When Suki looked at him, he shrugged. "What's gotten into her?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Suki looked towards Tara's room when Felix asked about her. "Um. Can we take a walk? I want to talk to you about her," she asked, turning her gaze back to Felix. She knew Tara wasn't his favorite topic in the world, but if she had to play mediator, she would, and she was. Tara was now fine with Felix, thanks to Suki, and now she at least wanted Felix to know why Tara acts the way she does.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Felix nodded. "Sure thing." He turned towards the door and started out. "I'll be outside." He wasn't sure if she wanted to grab a jacket or something. Felix personally always wanted a jacket, so it was a bothersome when he didn't wear it, like now. But at least he had a reason to not wear it now, which was even more disturbing if people knew why. He was just waiting for Kana to ask why he wasn't wearing it anymore. His excuse, well, he hadn't thought of one. It was time for him to get a new one anyway, but thing was, he'd gotten it years back halfway across the country.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next