Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by Cross on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Suki gave Felix a small smile when he said sure. Considering it was late out, and getting a little chilly, Suki grabbed a light blue jacket out of her room, before knocking lightly on Tara's door. "Tara, I'm going out for a walk," she called. "Felix is going to be with me, so I'll be fine. I'll tell the ANBU to stay here for you."

"Okay, be safe," Tara called back, then went back to talking to Ser on the phone.

Suki gave a light sigh, then walked outside and looked at the ANBU. "Could you stay here for a bit please? I'm going with my friend for a walk, but Tara is on the phone," she told him. The masked ninja simply nodded. Suki walked over to join Felix. "We can go now," she told him softly. She didn't know where she wanted to walk, but she'd only wanted to get out of the hotel. So she just started down the street instead.

"Tara's really not that bad a girl. I know she can get a bit annoying sometimes, but, well, she was raised with gossiping being her only chore," Suki started, looking down the street as she walked. She was surprised at how easy she found it to talk about Tara, and to Felix no less. Funnily enough, it hadn't been as easy to talk to Tara about Felix.
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Felix walked next to Suki as she spoke of how Tara wasn't a bad person. He begged the differ. However, he remained quiet as she spoke about how the annoying girl had been raised to gossip. Had it been anyone else, Felix would have said it was no excuse for her to always go running back to Serenity whenever she felt the need to gossip. Why had he been the subject of her gossiping? Felix just shook his head. "It's no big deal," he assured her. "I usually just ignore it."

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Suki kept her gaze on the street in front of her as Felix spoke. She wasn't really sure what else to say if he told her that it wasn't a big deal. Then again, why would he say if he still had a problem with her? Chances are, he wouldn't. "I talked with her about you. Right before we'd gone out on that date, we'd ended up getting into a fight about it, when I told her," she told him, her hands folded in front of her as she walked. If someone had put Suki into a red and white kimono, it would have been hard not to mistake the girl for a temple priestess. "Everything's fine now, of course. We talked about it today. She doesn't much mind you anymore. I suppose seeing you worried about me had concreted it for her. I think that's why she apologized to you," she told him calmly.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 am

Felix looked at her when she called their little outing a date. His blue eyes seemed to light up in the night. Instead of teasing her about it, he stuck to be more appropriate. "If there had been an issues, you could have called it off, I wouldn't have mind." Felix didn't want to be the cause of them not being friends any longer. After all, Suki and Tara had know one another longer than he'd known Suki. He wouldn't count that chance encounter back at the Gears. Felix's gaze darkened lightly. The Gears, it had been a very long time since he'd been there. Eleven years. It would have been longer had he not been put on that joint mission. Felix shook his head lightly. Those were not pleasant memories.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Suki finally looked at Felix with a light smile when he said that she could have called it off. "That would have been rude of me," she said sweetly. "Besides, I'm allowed to have a life outside Tara. I just had to make her see it," Suki said, looking back in front of her. "I like hanging out with you, I really do. It's not often that I make new friends," she told him. Kana was now a friend, she guessed. After all, if she wasn't, why would she have bothered sitting with her and Tara for hours, just to make sure they were okay? Kana was a pretty cool lady, or so Suki thought.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Felix looked at her curiously. So Suki had a conscious after all. Good. If she was under the full mind control of Tara, then he'd have left her to herself a long time ago. Felix grinned at the thought. "It's nice to hang out with you as well," he told her. Felix gave her a small look when she stated that she didn't make many friends. "Yet you have hundreds of fans," he reminded her.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Suki couldn't help but to smile when Felix said that he liked hanging out with her too. That was definitely nice to hear. She blushed a little when he said that she had hundreds of fans, her hands still folded in front of her, and her gaze dropping to the ground. "I think hundreds is a bit of an exaggeration, Felix...and besides, I find it's harder to find friends when you're getting to be...er, famous. Friends who were fans first aren't exactly reliable friends," she told him. It may have sounded a bit mean, but she found it to be true most of the time.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:58 pm

And she wasn't as naive as all the other sweet little shy women he'd met. Felix gave a small grin. "Well, I was a friend before I knew you were famous, so you can rely on me. I'm usually around here and there," he told her with a shrug. Felix got around more often than not. He never stayed one place for too long. Surprisingly he'd stayed in the Crested for a while now, only because Serenity of course, but he'd never admit it aloud. It wasn't a pride thing, he just didn't want her to know. He'd hate for her to think that she was holding him back. Sometime he honestly believed that she cared too much. Then again, was it not better for someone to care for you, than for everyone to hate you? Felix pushed the question to the back of his mind, it was bringing up old memories.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Suki was glad that he remembered he'd met her before that time with Serenity. "I know," was her reply when she said that she could rely on him. "If I didn't think I could, I wouldn't have bothered fighting with Tara over you," she admitted, then looked back down. That had sounded a bit off. She hadn't been fighting with Tara over him, she'd been fighting with Tara about him.

Last edited by Serenity on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:15 pm

It had sounded weird even on Felix's end. He couldn't help but grimace at the thought of Tara fighting over him. Suki, yes, but Tara no. It was no surprise to him that he could not get her out of his mind as the annoying girl that had made his life hell. Now he had to look at her as a friend of Serenity and Suki. Just another girl that he'd come across. Felix shook his head at the thought. This would not be an easy transition. "Good to know that I mean something to someone," he mused lightly.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Suki blinked and turned her gaze to Felix when he spoke. By this time they had turned the corner at the end of the street of the hotel. In Suki's mind they were just walking nowhere. She'd only wanted to talk to him outside, and they'd ended up down the street. Oh well. "You mean something to others too, you know," she said with a very light laugh. "Like Serenity. And Kana," she added light-heartedly. Since Kana had been the one to text him, she assumed that Kana had told Felix she knew her. So she wasn't exactly afraid of mentioning it. Or even wary, for that matter.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Felix smirked when Suki corrected him. "I suppose so," he said. Although he wasn't sure how Kana felt about him anymore. After the incident, and the constant reminder that was left on her shoulder, he didn't believe that she had fully forgiven him. Felix barely remembered the incident, for his conscious had began to fade with the beast arrival. Although they seemed on good standings, Felix often wondered if it was for the sake of the mission. He didn't want to think about it right now. What he really wanted was to just enjoy this moment with Suki, even though it wasn't really a moment. They were just talking.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 am

Suki looked at Felix with a smile. "You suppose so?" She gave a light giggle and simply shook her head. She fell silent for a few moments before speaking again, though the mere tone of her voice said that she was about to change the subject to something more serious. "So, Felix...you're sure the person who attacked us was connected to you, to your mission?" She was actually surprising herself with how calm she was being with Felix. Normally she would have been oh-so shy and stuttering, but now...well, maybe it was just because she'd had a chance to prove that she was more than just a shy and stuttering girl.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Felix noticed the change of tone in Suki's voice and wondered if this was the real reason she had called him outside. The silver haired jonin looked at the girl carefully as she asked her question. "I'm positive," was his response. "Why, do you think someone is out after you and Tara?" Felix didn't see a reason why anyone would be after the two girls. They were travelers with nothing to gain or lose, in a political sense.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Suki looked back to the road in front of them. It seemed they were approaching a sweets shop, one that the brown haired girl hadn't known even existed. "Well...it's definitely a possibility," she told him. "Tara used to be paid to spread news around, and some people paid for the town gossip. You know, things about individual people. If someone ended up hurt by that, it would only make sense for someone to want their revenge. But...that's not too likely, I guess...it's been such a long time since she'd done anything like that," she told him. And then she let out a small breath. "And it's possible that someone could have thought I know where my brother is. He was...a very important player, to some people," she told him quietly. She shook her head. "Do you think they'll keep trying? If I have to, I'll convince Tara that we have to leave here. She's gotten a bit comfortable here in the Rock, but I'm sure she'd agree to leave if it was for something like this..."
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Felix wondered if it would be safer for them to leave, but then again, Aidelia had sent someone to the Crested. "No, you'll be safer here," Felix said. He wondered why Suki was so worried about it being someone outside of his mission. Sure, rumors and things did bother people, but surely it wasn't enough for someone to send an assassin after the two traveling performers. Then she brought up her brother. Felix shook his head lightly. He wasn't sure if that was the source. And after all, the Gears was a ways away from here. "I think you'll be fine."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Suki only nodded when he told her she'd be safer there. "I hope you're right." She figured that maybe it really would be safer here, since Felix was here as well. She couldn't keep fending off every attacker that came, she wasn't that good. And that last one had nicked her side pretty good with his kunai, and that had hurt like hell. She didn't want that happening again. Just before they passed the sweets shop, Suki paused and looked at it. "Do you mind if we stop there for a minute? I'd like to pick a few things up," she told him. While it was a restaurant as well, she could also pick up some things to go. And since Tara loved mochi with anko, she figured why not get some?
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Felix was sure she'd be safe. He'd stop by before going home from now until Aidelia was in check. He wouldn't exactly drop in and say hey, but he'd make sure everything was good. When she stopped and asked about the shop, Felix simply nodded. He was in no rush to be anyway. Taking a seat outside on a lone bench, the shinobi looked up at the starless sky. He wondered how Serenity was doing.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Suki smiled when he nodded. "Thanks. I won't be long." She started in, but then paused. "Hey. Do you like dango?" she asked curiously. She figured she owed him something for stopping in. Even if she didn't owe him anything, she enjoyed getting things for people. She was just one of those people that liked seeing others happy.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Felix knew where this was going. Turning his attention away from the sky, he looked at Suki and nodded once more. He then looked down the street. It was quiet. He leaned against the back of the chair. The night was ever so plain. Felix wouldn't mind something of interest to happen. He gave a small grin. That would be a bad idea, seeing as though Suki was with him. She'd been through enough, and he'd gotten into enough trouble as it was. Oh well, it was hopeless dream to began with. The silver haired shinobi looked at the building across from him as a blue light caught his attention, however, when he focused on it, it disappeared. Felix shrugged.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Suki smiled when he nodded, heading into the shop at a quick pace. She didn't want to keep Felix waiting any longer than necessary. So she picked up several containers of mochi before looking for dango.

The prophet looked at Felix from across the street, his staff glowing it's usual blue glow. However, when he noticed the shinobi looking, he quickly snuffed it out. Instead of hiding, he came out of the shadows, his movements ever so slight, so that it looked like he was gliding instead of walking. His white hair was mostly hidden under his hood, and he didn't walk too close to Felix before speaking. In fact, he barely even came out of that small alleyway he had just been in. "If the lives of three you must protect the rest instead should be reject. Danger haunts them as well as you. You should choose carefully your precious few. The one I watch is nothing to you. She'll soon be gone, to start anew. Take your time, think as you must. In the end, you'll understand. There is only one you can trust." The phantom's voice seemed no more than a whisper in the wind, but easily carried over the space between the two individuals. Falling silent, the phantom turned and started away, back into the shadows from which he came.

(Dammit, I'm stuck in rhyming mode now!)
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Felix was surprised to see someone walk out of the alley. He'd only thought the light to be that of a passing wanderer or something, but this was no wanderer. This was the man Kana had spoken of. Felix stayed silent as the man spoke. Three people, Kana wasn't important, and he could only trust one person. Felix stood up as the guy started away. "Hey, wait," Felix said in a hushed whisper, as to not alert Suki who was inside. Felix wondered what that was all about, and why this man was giving him riddles. The shinobi wondered if he should tell Kana about this. It was only fair since this guy had come to her first.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 pm

The phantom turned his head only slightly when the silver haired ninja turned to him, and stopped walking. He didn't usually give hints to his riddles. He didn't plan on starting, no, but he wanted to know just what the man who meant so much to the girl had to say.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Felix blinked when the guy stopped. Well that was unexpected. "What do you mean by Kana will soon start anew?" He asked. "What do you mean by any of that riddle?" Felix was concerned about Kana because not only was she a new immortal, but because they guy said she'd be gone soon. And when someone said gone to Felix, it usually meant death. And considering he had enough trust issues, he didn't want any more. Felix didn't understand anything, and wasn't sure he'd start right now. So yes, he wanted answered.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 pm

The phantom turned to look at Felix, a light smile across his face. It was interesting how Kana was his most specific quarrel with the riddle. "Three rather than five, remember that, and more sense will be made of it," he said. Though he stayed quiet on the part about Kana. "Riddles are meant to be just that. Think not too hard on it. Even if you understand, nothing will change." And with that, the phantom walked into the shadows and disappeared completely.

Suki walked out of the store with a bag on her arm and a plate of several sticks of dango. She sat down on the bench next to Felix and put the plate between them. "Was someone out here? I thought I heard someone talking to you," she said curiously, taking one of the sticks of dango. "Have some," she said lightly, with a smile.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top