Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 am

Kana wasn't amused by the guys joking. She was getting sick of it, actually. "You say you don't work with outsiders, which makes me believe that's why you won't work with me. This was far too convenient in timing for it to be considered just 'bad'." When he started tapping on the table, Kana's jaw clenched lightly. Okay, he wasn't telling her anything useful. Leaning forward, Kana grabbed the guy's chin and forced him to look at her. "Look already, I'm getting sick of this. I know you're lying to me. Thanks to your suicidal friend, I entered this room in a bad mood, and I really wouldn't mind taking it out on you until you tell me what you know, got it? I don't have time for these damn games!"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:27 am

Hiroki blinked when she took him by the chin and started going all psycho on him. He looked off to the side. "I have nothing to lose," he said coolly. "Make me your punching bag, fine, but first how about I let you in on a little secret. How about making you think a little?" He looked her directly. "Where were your guards when we walked right through the gates," he asked. "How long has that hole been in the ground?" He gave a small grin. "Here's my little secret, we were let into the village, no killing was necessary on our part, but here's a twist, we weren't paid to do anything. We were coming on our own, but no one was there to stop us. Not one ninja."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 am

When the guy looked off to the side, Kana clicked her tongue in irritation, and let him go, sitting back down with an annoyed expression on her face. She was honestly glad when the son of a bitch looked at her of his own accord. Her irritation died down as he actually started giving her hints. Okay, now this was going somewhere. She blinked when he said that they'd been let in. That was right. The ANBU had gotten good at tracking who was going in and who was coming out. And the tunnel. Who had made that? There were plenty of people here who could use earth style jutsu, which didn't narrow down the suspect list at all. She paused. Wait no, that didn't matter. What mattered was that her ANBU hadn't done their jobs. Someone had told them not to do their jobs. Or put a jutsu on them. Or threatened them. When Kana realized she'd been silent for a long time, she blinked out of her small trance and immediately stood up. "I'll be back. You'll be waiting in here until I return," she told him, starting for the door. She had to check who was on duty the day before. Check who had told them not to do their jobs. Hell, had they even been at their posts??
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:45 am

Hiroki blinked when Kana went silent. That had put her into a state of thinking. "Not like I can go anywhere," he said when she told him he would be stuck here until she returned. "Then again, I could always bite my tongue and bleed to death," he said. "I can't be like my fellow comrades and commit Harakiri, but it'll leave you without answers all the same." He was of course not about to commit suicide. He had nothing more to give her. If anything, he was only wasting her time.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 am

Kana paused and looked at the guy when he said he could always bite his tongue and kill himself that way. When she left, she was replaced with a masked ANBU, who stood silently in the corner of the room. From the way he was breathing, you wouldn't be able to tell if he was asleep or not.

Taking out her phone, she racked her brains to remember who was supposed to watch the day before. When she remembered, she texted one out of the four guards that were supposed to be on the main wall, and told them to meet her near the training grounds. She could interrogate the other three after. Actually, no, she would interrogate them after. She had to make sure this was concrete evidence, not just the say so of one or two jonin.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 am

Hiroki smirked. "She thought I was serious," he said with a small chuckle. The former guards all met Kana at the training grounds. Three guys and one girl. "You needed something ma'am," asked the tallest guard. He had a dark green eyes and spiky red hair.

Felix had walked until he made it to a single river. He had no idea what he was going to do here, but he was here and had no intentions of going back to the village any time soon. He wasn't sure if he would go back at all.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:00 am

Kana looked at the three guards as they came up. She'd only wanted to speak to them one at a time, but maybe this was better. Now they had no time to talk to each other about their answers. "Yes. It's about yesterday. I'm not making accusations towards any one of you, but did someone approach you about your guard duties?" she asked them, looking the four over.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 am

All four guards looked to one another before the taller one spoke. "Yes ma'am. A shinobi came and said we were being relieved of our duties. Four other guards came to replace us, all of which we knew." He gave a small shrug. "Why, was the attack on the village our fault," he asked. The other three looked at him. Did he not know who Kana was? Of course the guy wasn't being rude, but all the same, no one questioned Kana.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 am

Kana looked to them, then down when they explained. All of the shinobi they knew? They had to be Aidelia's then. Helping out, no doubt. Kana blinked when one of them asked if the attack was their fault. As if she hadn't been irritated enough. Ignoring his question completely, she asked another. "Who was the shinobi that relieved you of your duties? Do you know them by name?" She wasn't assuming anything just yet. For now she only had to prove that this had been an inside job, then she could work off that. She could interrogate whoever it was who had let them off their duties, and find out who had gotten them to do it, and so on and so forth.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:20 am

The girl was the one to answer. "The shinobi that relieved us of our duty was Shishio Kei. The ninja that replaced us where Koga Yagamine, Ichi Yamamura, Niya Uriyuu, and Lanie Shinjuu." She was a petite brown haired girl with round brown eyes. Although small, she was strong and very capable of her job. When Kana refused to answer the taller guards question, she wondered if they had indeed been the cause. "We apologize for our failure to protect the village," she finally said. "If we can help in any way possible, we will."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 am

When the girl shinobi began naming names, Kana pulled out a small notepad and quickly began scribbling them down. So many people to talk to. So little time in which to do it. First off was the one who informed the ninja of their change in duties. She looked at the ninja when the female of the group apologized. Her first thought was to tell them that it wasn't her they were letting down, it was their village. After a moment, she gave a small sigh. "This is a lot bigger than the four of you. You did as you were told by your higher ups." She paused. "If I need anything else, I'll call you again. You can go," she told them. She needed a drink. Unfortunately, she'd have to settle for something nonalcoholic, since she was on the job. Maybe later.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 am

(uh oh. The bar scene is coming, I can feel it.)

The four of them said nothing when Kana said it wasn't their faults. Each was very grateful not to be blamed for the death of their Kage, they moved on without another word once they were dismissed.

Felix sat down on the river's edge, his silver hair covering his eyes. He was watching the run down stream at a quick pace. It almost felt familiar to just sit here and watch the water flow, but he couldn't remember why it felt so familiar. He usually didn't do this, because he didn't like near a river. A lake sure, but not a river.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:50 am

Kana stayed in the training grounds for a good few seconds before she went to the closest store and bought herself a bottle of Coke. She didn't care that it was alcoholic right now, she was actually thirsty. She had to ask around for where that Shishio Kei was. That was one of the ANBU whose number she didn't have in her phone. And while she was looking around, she sent Felix a text message.

Heard you got out of the hospital. Doin okay?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 am

Shishio was sitting at a restaurant having a small meal by himself. There wasn't much for him to do around the village since they didn't have a Kage, aside from build those outer walls that was. The guy ran a hand through his black hair with a sigh. The server looked him. "Long week," he asked. Shishio nodded. "And I got a feeling it's not going to get any better."

Felix looked at his phone. He wasn't planning on checking it, but the small beeping made him. Noting it was from Kana, he opened it, read it, and sent a reply.

I'm fine.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:04 am

When Kana looked at her phone, she stopped walking for a moment to send a response. She wasn't a fan of running into people while texting.

Good to hear. Try not to do anything reckless again.

Yeah, Kana wasn't letting that one slide. Fighting in a war with a concussion. If anything, he did more harm than good. She shook her head and kept walking, asking around for a bit before she finally found the man she was looking for. Going into the restaurant, she stood in front of the table. "Kei. Sorry to interrupt your lunch, but can I talk to you for a few minutes?" she asked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 am

Shishio looked up when someone said his name. When he saw it was the Crested Ninja, he held back a sigh. The server gave a small smirk at the look on his customers face. "It's on the house," he said, hoping that would brighten the ninja's day. "Thanks," the black haired ninja said. He nodded to Kana. "Sure, what can I do for you?" He'd never talked to her personally, but he'd heard she didn't know how to speak to people and that didn't sit well with him. She wasn't his superior for one, and two, what was so important that she couldn't wait for him to finish eating? He had nothing against her personally, but the talk around town was enough to paint a perfect picture.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:15 am

Kana saw the look on the guy's face too, and swore by the end of this day, she was either going to drown her failure in alcohol or celebrate having gotten somewhere in the same manner. For once, she was actually starting to miss the Crested. Starting to miss the Kage's annoying berating of how she shouldn't be so quick to anger, or something of the like. "It's just a couple questions," she told him. She wasn't going to waste time, so she jumped right into the first question. "Who was it that told you yesterday to switch up the gate guards?" She was trying not to come off as grumpy, but all the answers she'd been getting so far had been leading from one person to the next, and it was irritating.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:19 am

Shishio rubbed his hand through his hair again. He should have know what this was going to be about. He however didn't know that those ninja had been removed from their post after he'd assigned them there. "Stew," he answered. "Steward Mackenzie. He came to me right before my shift was over and told me to get four people to take over the current shift. I didn't question it, since they'd been up there for a while. Why, what's the problem?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 am

Kana was silent for a moment, before taking out the notepad again and writing the name down. "There was a mistake made somewhere along the line yesterday. I'm trying to figure out where and what went wrong," she told him. There was another pause. She was just going through people. "Did he tell you where the orders were coming from?" she asked. He hadn't questioned it, but maybe this guy had said something about who told him. Then again, if the guy was working for Aidelia, probably not.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 am

"He's in charge of setting up the guard patrols, but occasionally he'll get word from the Kage saying switching things up if we have missions that we need to be on," Shishio stated. He was surprised that was easy to talk to, unlike the rumors. That's why people shouldn't judge a book by their cover. Or what others have said about it. "That or when the big guy needed something. Patrols as well, it's a way for the guards to stretch their legs instead of just guarding the gates. You'll have to ask Stew what his exact orders were, consider the Kage is...well, you know." He gave a sigh. "You can find him at his home, he doesn't live to far from here. It's right down the street, the house with the red brick driveway. The only house with a blue door too."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:44 am

Kana put her notepad away when he gave her directions to the house. She was glad the guy's attitude about talking to her had cooled off. She was about to thank him and head off, but then paused. "The big guy? Who would that be?" she asked. Was she about to pick up on something helpful? Something honest to goodness useful? Did he mean the council members? Wait...did this village actually even have a council? Kana was nearly completely positive they'd never had dealings with any council in this village before...
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:59 am

Shishio tried not to give her a look when she asked about who the big guy was. She had to be joking, right? "The Kage...." Shishio honestly wanted to laugh at her, but that would be rude. Maybe she was just having a long day or something. With that notepad and pencil, she looked like a detective, so maybe everything wasn't coming together like it should have the reason she didn't put two and two together. Regardless, it made his day.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:08 am

Kana paused a second when he responded, then sighed, putting her head in one of her hands for a few moments. She was getting a headache. "Right..." Removing her hand, she shook her head lightly. "Sorry. Anyways, thanks for your help, and sorry again for interrupting your meal," she said, holding back another sigh. "Take care," she said with a small wave as she started out of the restaurant. She wanted to go home and lay down. That had been embarrassing. Her brain clearly wasn't working right right now.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:16 am

Shishio smirked lightly when he saw Kana realize her mistake. His yellow eyes danced lightly as she apologized and then left. "No prob. You take care as well." Being respectful, he waited until he knew she was gone to give a small laugh, joined by the server. "Well, my long week just got brighter," he said. The server grinned. "Does that mean I can take that meal off the house." Shishio shook his head and started into another fit of laughter. He was glad things were looking up.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Following the directions to Mackenzie's house, Kana walked up to the front door and knocked, giving a small sigh. She couldn't wait for this day to be over. She wasn't sure she was gonna go home tonight to do anything other than change her clothes. She wasn't going out in her ninja garb. Not a chance.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next