Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Encounter

2 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

First Encounter - Page 9 Empty Re: First Encounter

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Kana glanced at Tamero as he said he hadn't learned jutsu yet. She supposed it wasn't surprising. Not many genin knew jutsu. It was funny how two of those genin who could use jutsu ended up on the same team though. She smiled a bit at his pride. Usually she was good at taijutsu too, but with her leg as injured as it was, now she wasn't so great at it, it seemed. "I'm really only useful when it comes to fighting actual ninja," she said, looking down a bit. She wasn't much use in obstacle courses though. "At least with my leg like this anyways. My specialty is genjutsu," she told him, casting a small glance at him. She could do substitution and clone jutsu's, but she couldn't do shadow clones. The amount of chakra you had to concentrate to make a shadow clone was something that was hard for her. Normal clones were genjutsu, simple illusions, and so was the substitution jutsu, which was why she could do them. But the shadow clone jutsu was ninjutsu, and she wasn't particularly good at that.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Tamero felt like he'd drawn the short end of the stick. Genjutsu and Ninjutsu both required training and skill. Taijutsu was basically just fighting using hand to hand combat. The white haired boy shrugged. Oh well, he was good at what he did and although he didn't plan on learning to master all three, he was going to learn them. That was why he was here on this team, to learn. "So all three of us have the ability to use each of the three jutsu types, cool." He leaned back, looking at the obstacle course. He wondered if Renji was okay. He hadn't heard any screams, so he was assuming that was a good thing.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am

Since Kana was never usually good at reading expressions, she didn't pick up anything unusual from Tamero when she told him she knew genjutsu. She nodded at his obvious statement. "Yeah." She paused. "I think we'll make a good team," she said. "Once we get out of this thing," she told him, putting down the last of the sharpened spikes. Now they looked like over-sized senbon, which was perfect. Now they were easier to throw. And now that she had nothing to do with her hands, she looked towards where Renji should have been coming from. He wasn't out yet, and that worried her a bit. She decided not to voice the thought. She slowly pushed herself to her feet, one of the spikes in hand, before leaning against a nearby tree. "I've never used senbon before," she mused. She supposed it couldn't be much different than throwing a kunai, could it?

Renji panted lightly. He'd gone through ten at least. And he was pretty sure he saw the end. There were only two more axes in front of him, but they seemed to be moving faster than the rest. That didn't sit well with the black haired kid. All the axes before then had moved at about the same speed. These ones looked like they'd be harder to get through, and at the speed they were moving, the wind made it hard to get close. So...how was he going to get past? Swallowing, Renji watched the axes for a few moments. They seemed to intersect at completely random intervals, and that scared Renji. He wasn't sure how he was going to get past them. Swallowing hard, Renji took a deep breath. These were the last two...

Spinning his kunai twice on his finger, Renji gripped it tightly before running forward just as the first one hit the middle of it's swing. The second axe was coming down, so Renji paused only briefly. By the time the second axe was on it's way up, the first was on it's way back down, and Renji had to dive forward to avoid being cut in half. Luckily, the first axe only slices through the back of his unzipped jacket that fluttered behind him into the axe's way. Scrambling to his feet, Renji was prepared to dodge again if there were anymore axes. When he saw there weren't, the black haired kid put a hand over his chest, breathing shakily, his eyes wide. He...he was alive! "Hah...ahah, I-I made it," he panted, a smile forming on his face.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 am

Felix had been watching Renji the entire time as the boy avoided the axes. The final two seemed like the biggest challenge. Felix leaned forward, wondering how this was going to turn out. He nodded lightly when he saw Renji get past the last two. "Congratulations on surviving, get through the rest before time runs out." Felix looked at Kana and Tamero. "Kader made it past the first part, you know have the option of moving ahead, or remaining where you are."

Tamero looked up when their sensei said Renji had made it past the first part. "Yeah! Nice job Renji!" Tamero called as loudly as he could, hoping his teammate could hear him. He looked at Kana when their sensei made and offer. "I'm not leaving without Renji," he said simply.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:58 am

Renji grinned when he heard Tamero call to him, giving a light laugh. This was great. He'd never been so happy to have completed anything. Although the congratulations from his sensei didn't last long, he was still glad to have heard it.

Kana blinked when she heard that Renji had gotten out, looking to Tamero as the other kid shouted his joy. She was happy, sure, just not that happy. She blinked at the choice their sensei gave them. "Me neither," she said after Tamero. Hey, if the three of them were a team now, they'd have to stick together. After all, these two didn't seem weak. If anything, it was their sensei she had a problem with. He hadn't said a damn word about her leg, and he'd been the one who'd caused it to begin with.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:28 am

(lol, she just has to have a reason to be mad.)

Tamero glanced up at Kana. "I don't know how to use senbon either." He admitted. "I guess we'll just have to learn along the way," he said with a positive attitude. Renji's successful had brought back his optimism. He stood up and looked to the open field. "I wonder what's out there. It's a pretty far stretch to the other side." Tamero could only imagine why there was such a far stretch of land. What if there were explosives out there. Tamero sighed and looked over to their sensei. "Did you notice he never calls us by our first names," he asked casually.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm

(But of course!)

Renji started forward towards his teammates. He felt like he could take on the world, after something like that. He didn't know what was next, but the only thing he could think was Bring it on! When he came to Kana and Tamero, he blinked. "You cut the spikes?" Then he smiled. "Why didn't I think of that?"

Kana nodded when Tamero said they'd have to learn along the way. That was something she planned on doing. Since Kana wasn't really one to rest for long, after this training, she'd probably go home, eat, and come back to train with senbon, if she could get her hands on some that was. She'd already forgotten about her social worker that was assigned to her. She shrugged at the white haired kid's question about what was to come next. "Yeah. I think it's because he thinks we won't make it out. You know, that thing where you shouldn't name a pet that you won't get to keep, so that you don't get attached to it." She then glanced at their mentor and said in a quieter tone. "Or he's just a jerk." Handing four spikes to Tamero and Renji, Kana kept four for herself. "We should hurry. I don't know how much time we have left," she said. She really didn't want to move. Not that she was lazy or anything, but her leg was killing her. It hurt to even stand on it, which might have explained why she was putting most of her weight on her opposite leg.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm

"It was Kana's idea," Tamero answered. He then looked to Kana as she spoke about why their sensei never spoke their first names. "I guess," he answered. When Kana continued about how the guy was a jerk, Tamero shrugged. He was not about to agree with that. "Sensei, how much time do we have," Tamero asked. Felix looked at his watch. "One hour, fifteen minutes." Tamero nodded. "We'd better get moving, is everyone ready," he asked. His gaze turning towards the field as he pull his kunai out.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Renji smiled when Tamero said it had been Kana's idea. "It's a good idea," he told her. His smile faded a bit, and he only shook his head when Kana practically insulted their teacher. He knew of what had happened the day before, but that was it. And he knew that Kana had tried to run away, but didn't realize there was a different reason why the blond girl disliked their teacher so much. Renji put the make-shift senbon into a pouch on his side and took out his kunai as well, giving a nod. "Ready."

Kana looked towards the silver haired man as Tamero asked his question. Her gaze on him wasn't exactly kind. She bet that he'd been forced to take her in, so she wasn't about to think that this was some kind of an apology. She wouldn't believe it. That guy had been cruel to her from day one. She took a breath when she heard how much time was left. They'd used up half their time already, and didn't even know how much further they had to go. Chances are this wasn't going to be a cake-walk. Especially with her leg in the condition it was in. No matter how hard she tried to ignore the fact that she was injured, it was impossible. She wanted to turn on their jerk of a sensei and yell at him. How could he expect her to finish something like this when he'd hurt her like that? She could barely even walk, letalone run! But then again, he probably wanted a reason to kick her out again. Something like 'Well, she couldn't handle my training. She can't be on my squad if she can't handle a little obstacle course. It was easy, after all.' Yeah, she was sure it was easy, for him maybe, considering he'd said he was the fastest ninja in the whole damn village! Pushing the thought from her head, Kana sighed and nodded. "Yeah. Let's go." Keeping a hold on her kunai, the blond girl started forward, trying to keep herself from limping and going slowly. "Keep an eye out," she said. She then lowered her voice to the two of them. "Why do you think there's an open field like this? You don't think there'd be another one of those monsters here, do you?" she asked, swallowing lightly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 am

Tamero walked with the kunai in his hand, his eyes darting from side to side. It was so quiet as they walked that he was getting even more nervous. Perspiration was forming across his forehead, despite the headband that he was wearing. "I don't know if one of those things are out there," he said with a nervous swallow. "But it's far too quiet out here," he told them. "Something isn't right, I can feel it." He looked ahead as far as he could see. "Maybe it's underground?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:47 am

Kana followed behind Renji and Tamero at as small a limp as she could manage. She was really starting to wish she had medicine of some sort. It hurt really bad. She kept a tight hold on her kunai, ready for something, anything to happen. "Maybe," she said in response to Tamero's question. It was weird. They were halfway through the open field and nothing had happened yet. Why wasn't anything happening? Considering she was behind the two boys, Kana took it upon herself to look behind them every couple steps. If it was going to come from behind, she'd know it.

Renji didn't like this, not one bit. It was too quiet. "It is really quiet," he agreed. He was almost afraid to talk too loudly. "Tamero, watch the right side and in front, I'll watch left and in front," he said, then looked back to Kana, only to see she was already looking back. He smirked. "Looks like you already know what to do," he said, looking back in front of him as he started scanning over the area. "I don't like this.." he mumbled, keeping an eye out. What the heck was going on?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:21 am

Tamero was a bit shaky as he watched the right flank. This was so nerve wrecking. He couldn't see anything coming their way. It was like they were just sitting ducks, waiting to be ambushed in all this open space. When they were near the forest edge, Tamero's grip tightened on his kunai, ready for whatever may be waiting for them. To his surprise, there was nothing there. "Did sensei forget to set the traps or something," he asked with pure confusion. He looked into the forest and then back to their sensei who was making his way towards the forest. "He doesn't look as though he forgot....do you think this was planned?"

Felix had watched them waste fifteen minutes crossing the plain as carefully as they could, scared there was something waiting to get them. At first Felix had considered using Shadow Clones to fight the children. It would have allowed him to see their skills, but having nothing there proved just as efficient. It showed him that they could work under pressure when things seemed strange. They'd made a great formation while keeping their heads on and not panicking and running lose from the group. Felix once had a chuunin do that during a mission, it didn't end all that well.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 am

As they approached the edge of the opening, Kana and Renji glanced at each other. They were clearly confused too. Kana looked to Tamero at his question. "How could he forget?" she shook her head. "I'm starting to think he was actually messing with us," she said in irritation. While she was a bit grateful for the slower pace, they'd just wasted precious time working their way through nothing! She looked back at the silver haired man as he approached. "This is ridiculous," she muttered.

Renji sighed when they got to the edge, though he himself was still on edge. He wasn't going to let his guard down, that would be a mistake and he knew it. But he was relieved that nothing had come out so far. It made him feel good about how they'd handled things. "We should keep going," he said to the two other kids. "I think we should keep the same formation in terms of watching ourselves," he said. Hey, he thought it would work rather well, if anything else came about.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Tamero looked at Kana when she said he was probably messing with them. Why would he do that? He knew they had a time limit. When Renji spoke up, Tamero simply nodded and got ready to commence forward. Stepping lightly, he looked around. "How long do you think this forest is?" He asked. "I mean, we're on a time limit, but we don't know what's in here or how fast our pace needs to be." He glanced at Renji as if looking to him for an answer. He hoped Kana wouldn't take it the wrong way. He was saying Renji was leader, wasn't it their sensei's job to determine that anyway?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Renji caught the glance Tamero gave him, shrugging at the question. "Not sure. We'll just have to balance between moving quickly and looking around," he said. "We still have about an hour left..." he said, keeping his gaze alert. He didn't mind being looked to for questions. "We shouldn't waste it. Let's pick up the pace a bit," he mentioned, giving Kana a small, apologetic glance. It was obvious from the way she walked that she was in pain. He was gonna have to talk to her later about that. He didn't think she should be pushing herself so hard in training if the wound was that serious.

Kana also caught the glance, and turned her gaze behind them for a few seconds to keep the bitterness from showing. Big deal. She probably wasn't cut out to be leader anyways. Hmph. Then what was she cut out to be? At Renji's glance, she nodded, her eyes narrowing with an inaudible huff as the black haired boy walked away. He looked at her like she was an invalid or something. She could keep up. And she was going to keep up just fine. She'd show the two of them. What was a stupid little cut to a ninja, anyways?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 am

Tamero went to nod when Renji said they should pick up the pace, but an explosion from behind made him turn away to face the calamity. Several trees were falling down from the explosion and a wave of smoke was quickly making it's way towards the three of them. Tamero quickly placed his arm under Kana's shoulder without a seconds hesitation and pulled her behind a tree. He hoped Renji would have gotten out of the way as well, but he'd taken to getting Kana because she was lighter and injured. "Just a bit of advice, we should keep moving forward out of this smoke before we get attacked and lose sight of which way we should be heading. Back tracking won't help us." He peered behind the tree. He could see nothing. He gave a sigh. "I really hope that's not one of those things."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:30 am

Renji immediately turned his head when he heard the explosion, also making his way behind a tree when he saw the approaching cloud of smoke. Gripping his kunai tightly, he looked in Tamero's direction when he heard the white haired boy's voice. "Good idea," he mentioned. "We need to get out of this smoke fast. You help Kana, I'll be right behind you guys," he said, waving them to go.

Kana had only just turned her gaze away from behind them before the explosion made her look back. Had someone been watching them? She hadn't seen anyone following them! Suddenly the blond haired genin swallowed. What if this person was using genjutsu? She knew how to use it, but didn't exactly have practice in breaking free of it. Giving a light gasp as Tamero pulled her behind a tree, she gave him a glance before putting her back to the tree as Renji spoke to them. "We can't leave you behind again," she said in a hushed tone. "I can still move you know, you don't have to tail behind to try and watch out. What's the point, with all this smoke, anyways?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 am

Tamero was peering behind the tree as Renji spoke, it was a good idea, but then again, "Kana's right, we shouldn't split up. We don't know how big this forest is or where exactly we have to go. Splitting up will leave you wide open to attacks." He paused for a moment to think. They needed a better plan. One that would suit them all. If only their sensei would allow them so leeway. Tamero looked ahead. Making a run for it would be pointless, Kana wouldn't be able to get far with that leg. He'd noticed it seemed to get worse as well. They could get to higher ground, but how would they get up there? Climbing was out of the question, it would take up too much time. Tamero bit the side of his jaw as he racked his brain for answers. "We need to get back into a triangle formation so everyone can see what's going on without being exposed. We move at a quick pace and keep our eyes open for anything that moves." It wasn't the best of plans, but it was all he could think off that would fit their handicap.

Felix was moving on the edges of the forest, while watching the three genin. They seemed at a loss of what to do about the smoke. Felix grinned. Oh did he have a surprise for them. This forest would either make or break them. It was a matter of life or death, but that is information to be later revealed. He looked ahead of the group. They'd be having company soon.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Kana was actually fairly glad that Tamero agreed with her. Splitting up really was a bad idea. She hadn't liked the idea of Renji going by himself through those axes either, not to say she wasn't grateful for the break though...She nodded at Tamero's idea. "Sounds good. It won't do much in the smoke, but maybe we can see shadows," she said. She'd probably be able to see their chakra, though, if they came from behind using jutsu. Though chakra had a sheen to it, it would still be hard to spot through the smoke.

It didn't come as much of a surprise to Renji that the other two wouldn't agree with all his ideas. Actually, he was surprised they'd agreed with all of them until now. "Alright," he said lowly. "Then let's get moving." He walked over to the two. "Kana, you should watch the front this time. It'll be easier for you to walk forward than backwards." He could see the slight reluctance in her eyes, but she agreed nonetheless with a roll of her eyes and a sighed out "Fine."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Tamero nodded when Renji said they should get moving. Putting his back to Kana's, he moved from behind the tree to meet up with Renji, forming the triangle. "I can't see anything in this smoke," he mumbled. The kunai held out infront of him, he moved carefully. "Kana, keep a look out for trip wire," he said as the thought popped into his mind. Tamero wished that they were more skilled. This honestly felt like a training course for Chuunin, not fresh genin. He was starting to agree with Kana, maybe their sensei was trying to kill them.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Kana looked around the front of them as they walked, her back against the two boys. It was pretty quiet. She nodded slightly when Tamero told her to watch for trip wires. She hadn't thought of that. "Just look for shadows or something," she said quietly. "Anything moving." She didn't see anything in front of them, which meant they could keep moving forward. Even though it still hurt, right now her leg was one of the last things on her mind.

Renji couldn't believe this. This was way too hard. They only just got out of the Academy! His mind was reeling. Their sensei hadn't set off the smoke, had he? Their sensei wasn't going to actually try and attack them, was he? The thought made the red eyed boy shudder. He was the one watching the back, and he knew he had to keep a vigilant eye, but still...Swallowing, Renji squinted a bit into the smoke. He wasn't entirely sure, but... "I think I just saw something move," he whispered.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Tamero glanced in Renji's direction when the other boy stated he saw something. Tamero swallowed, tightening his grip on his kunai. He couldn't see anything, but he believed Renji. "Okay," he said quietly. Now that they knew something was out there, they just needed to figure out how strong whatever was out there, and devise a plan on how to defeat it. Tamero blinked when he heard something roll across the ground, and something like a sizzling sound. "Guys...do you hear that?" Tamero's brain was telling him to run. It sounded like an explosive tag, but he didn't know where it was coming from. It could in any direction and they could run right into it!
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 am

Renji heard the noise too, but he couldn't tell where it was coming from. He didn't like this. It could have been right under them for all they knew. "I hear it, but I don't know where it is," he said, looking around. He blinked and turned his head when Kana suddenly started moving back.

"Move back, move back!" Kana exclaimed, trying to push the two back so that she could move back as well. She saw a shimmer in front of her as well as heard the sizzling, and she was starting to realize that slight shimmering was chakra that had left someone's body. On a bomb tag. In front of her. While they got pretty far away from the blast, it still shot debris forward, some of which was small shards of stone that shot into her leg. Funnily enough, most of it ended up in her already injured leg. The blond genin had to hold back from giving a scream of pain, but instead clamped her eyes shut and grit her teeth, light tears coming to her eyes when she reopened them. This was terrible, why was that psycho man putting them through this on their first day?!
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 am

Tamero was caught off guard when Kana started yelling for them to go back. He quickly started in the opposite direction, but ended up tripping when the thing exploded. Falling backwards, he quickly scrambled to his feet. Looking around as he heard footsteps. It was almost as though they were surrounded. He looked around, the explosion had caused a lot of dirt to be kicked up, in turn making a smoke cloud. "Kana, Renji?" He looked around for his teammates. This was bad and it was only going to get worse as the sound of kunai and shuriken came flying into the smoke. Tamero couldn't tell where a good place for cover was, so he darted off in the first direction that was clear. There were so many weapons going through the smoke, Tamero wondered if it was just one person throwing them, or many. He stayed put, not sure where his team was.

Felix was watching, but even for him, with all that smoke, it was hard to see what was happening. He wondered if the three had figured out that the rain of weapons was partly genjutsu. Most of the weapons were illusions, but the remaining weapons were very much real. He looked at his watch. Time was quickly passing by.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Kana grabbed for the closest person's shoulder so that she didn't fall over from the additional pain in her leg. Through the tears she saw the air was shimmering and sparkling lightly everywhere. She didn't know what it meant. She'd never seen chakra illuminated over an area like this before. It seemed that many of the weapons were covered in the shimmer. But there were some that were not. "They're coming from everywhere," she whispered. Now she felt legitimately scared. She didn't know what to do, or where the main source of the weapons was coming from. She couldn't see their attackers.

Renji felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately turned, only to find that it was Kana's hand. Had she gotten hit by something? "Over here," he called in response to Tamero. He didn't know what to do either, but Kana wasn't doing anything, so he grabbed her arm and pulled her into a direction where he thought would be clear. "Come on," he ushered. "We gotta get clear, move," he told her. Only after that did she start moving with him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum