First Encounter

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Encounter

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:20 pm

When Kana saw that Renji hadn't gone back to the top of the wall for a few moments long than usual, she stopped throwing her shuriken and glanced to the lake before running to the side of the wall and peeking around. "Hey, you okay?" she asked. She checked for sensei before hand because she wanted to make sure he was still under water. He didn't want her to think she was giving up.

Renji looked over to Kana as she came around the wall, shaking his head lightly. "I can't do it...it's too high, what if I don't land right during a mission?"

Kana saw that Renji was actually shaking, and she blinked. She wasn't sure she'd ever seen someone so scared. "That's why sensei's having you do this now," she told him softly. "For practice." When she saw that Renji was still scared, she looked down for a moment before looking at him again. "What if you just...pretend that it's not as high as you think? Like...pretend it's only half as tall as it is," she suggested, sounding a little unsure. She wasn't good with things like this.

"What do you mean? When I look down, I can see how high up I am," he told her.

"Er...try not to think of how high it is...? I mean...the fall doesn't take that long, right? Maybe you should focus on that instead?"
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Felix grinned when Tamero finally let go, but tried not to laugh as the child grabbed onto his arm moments later. Felix pointed to the surface and started up. Too many seconds had passed. Leading Tamero above water, he took in the oxygen his lungs needed and then spoke. "That wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked. He didn't know Kana and Renji were speaking, his back was to them.

Tamero practiced kicking as he was led to the surface. When he was allowed oxygen, he took in as much as possible. "Oh thank you sweet precious air," he exclaimed. He looked at Felix with a smile. "I was scared, but now that I know the kicking part, I know I have at least half a chance at survival." Tamero had never been so happy in his life. "But...I still don't know how to use my arms to stay afloat," he reminded Felix, who responded with. "You don't need your arms to stay above water, but it is essential if you're trying to get away," he said with a nod. "But first, I have to go help your teammates."

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Kana looked to the lake when she heard Tamero and their sensei come back up. "Just try it," she told Renji, hurrying back over to where she'd been before, immediately going back to throwing the shuriken at the targets. For some reason she felt a lot calmer now. Her throws still weren't on target, but she was getting consistently closer. Every now and then she'd hit the outer ring of one of the targets. She wasn't focusing on all of them at once, but she was trying to change them around so that she didn't become accustomed to throwing in one way only.

Renji looked at Kana, giving a soft nod when she told him to just try it. He guessed it was worth a try. Starting up the stairs to the top of the wall, Renji's shaking calmed down a little, though he was still apprehensive about jumping. Kana probably didn't know it, but it was those few seconds of falling that scared Renji the most. And she'd told him to focus on that? He guessed it was better than fearing jumping. When he was at the top, he only glanced at the ground before he forced himself to jump. Don't focus on the height, don't focus on the height, he kept telling himself. Renji blinked when he realized that a moment later he had landed on the ground. Actually landed, not just fell. He hadn't even realized it, but the fall actually was really fast. Standing straight, Renji looked at the wall, which had shrunken down to 16 feet tall. Had he already jumped four times? Taking a breath, Renji started back up. He liked not concentrating on the height. It actually worked!
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am

When Felix reached land, he looked at Tamero. "I'm going to use a jutsu that's going to make it seem like there's nothing below you, but there is. Try treading water in one spot, okay?" He then walked away, putting the jutsu in place and headed to Kana. He looked at the weapons stuck in the wall. "Hmm, let's see what we got here. Your aim isn't bad, but it's not great either," he commented. "Let me see you throw so I know what I'm working with here." He looked at Renji. "Keep it up, just a few more feet."

Tamero wasn't happy about being left alone, but nodded all the same. He lightly kicked the water, panicking a bit when he felt the ground beneath him disappear. "Don't panic," he whispered, as he felt himself kicking in a panicked motion. "Don't panic." Slowly down his kicks, he focus on his legs and was proud to know he was staying above water. "I'm doing it!" He shouted. "I'm staying afloat."

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am

Kana looked to their teacher as he walked up to her, looking off to the side when he said her aim wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. She would be fine if she could just keep throwing hard. Her aim was almost perfect when she threw hard. She nodded though, when he told her to throw. Holding onto the shuriken, she took a breath and threw it, hitting close to the outer ring of the target. Kana let out a small groan. "I'm trying to throw just like I normally do, but with less force. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it works fine when I'm throwing it hard," she said with a sigh. She hadn't made one bullseye yet. It didn't occur to her that since she wasn't throwing full force, she wasn't following through with her throws. Usually throwing just came natural to her. It was the one thing in the Academy that she'd always been good at.

Renji nodded when he was told that he only had a few more feet to go. He smiled a bit when he heard Tamero. At least he was getting somewhere with this. Renji was still having troubles with making himself jump off, even though the wall was getting shorter. Clenching his hands again, Renji took a breath and forced himself down again, trying to focus on the shortness of the fall. He almost tripped this time, since he'd forgotten that the wall had gotten smaller.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 am

Felix watched her throw. "I have found the solution to your problem. It's rather simple actually." Felix looked around and once he found a rock, he picked it up. It was the size of a baseball. He then found another similar to it. "Alright, throw this with your regular, powerful throw," he told her. When she had thrown the rock, he handed her the other. "Now, throw this with your less powerful throw." When she had thrown both he looked at her. "Can you tell me the difference, if not, I'll show you," he said to her as he picked up two kunai.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am

Kana looked to their sensei as he said that he knew what she was doing wrong. How simple could it be if she kept screwing it up? She watched him look around for two rocks about the size of baseballs, looking at him as he came back and told her to throw the first one like she did normally. Nodding, Kana took the rock, tossing it in her palm once before turning and throwing it at the wall. It hit one of the targets dead center, but also ended up broken into pieces. It made her flinch a little. She didn't actually throw that hard, did she? It made her glance guiltily at her sensei's arm. Oh jeez...now she understood why he'd been mad at her. She took the other rock though, and threw it too, with results similar to the ones she'd gotten with the weapons. When he asked her if she saw the difference, she shook her head, looking slightly confused. "I threw them the same, didn't I?" she questioned with her head tilted. At least, she'd tried to throw them the same.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 am

"Not exactly," he answered. He walked to the other side of her, after picking up a third kunai. "Watch my arm arm," he said. He'd made sure she was on his right side. "Your first throw." Felix threw the kunai with as much strength as he could. It landed directly on the bulls eye. "Your second throw." Not as much strength, but enough to get it to the target. It however went off course, because like Kana, he didn't follow through. "The correct throw." This time, it was the same as the second throw, but he followed through and it hit the target perfectly. "Did you see the difference?" He asked.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am

Kana did what he told her, watching his arm as he threw. On the first throw, Kana blinked. Oh jeez, he was really strong too...Shaking the thought from her head, she watched the second throw, which missed the target. She tilted her head when he asked if she saw the difference. "I...think so," she said with a nod. "On the second throw, your arm didn't extend all the way," she said. "But the third one it did." Had she not been following through with her throwing? Is that why she'd been missing? She hadn't really noticed...
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 am

Felix nodded. "Precisely. Now, you try," he said. "Without the sloppy throw if you'd please." He handed her two kunai. "Powerful throw first and then the less powerful one." He waited for her to show him how well she listened before he spoke. "A powerful throw is always impressive, but it strains your arm, ripping muscles very slowly until your arm is useless. A moderate throw is less revealing and straining. Throwing moderately allows your weapon to cut through the air unnoticed, but you can hear a powerful throw from anywhere. Moderate throws allow you to manipulate the weapon as well. For instance," Felix picked a shuriken and threw it less forcefully, so that it curved before coming back down and striking the target. "That's a bit advanced, but if you ask nicely I might just teach you how to do that."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 am

Kana nodded when he told her to try. "Okay," she said, taking the kunai. On her first throw, she landed the kunai in the center of the target once more. She took a moment to take a breath before she threw the second kunai. This time, she followed through, hitting the target close to the center, but not as close as her first one. She still needed practice. She looked at him as he spoke, listening carefully. She was going to remember every word of what he was telling her, so that she could become a good ninja. After all, this guy had to be a good ninja himself. Hell, he'd burned an entire section of forest to the ground! Her eyes widened when he threw a shuriken so that it curved, then came back around to hit the target. She had to learn how to do that! Almost immediately after he'd finished talking, Kana turned to him. "Please teach me how to do that!" she asked, her eyes practically shining. That was so cool!!
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 am

Felix gave a small smirk. "Sure thing, but first I need to help Renji," he told her as he started to walk away. "Continue practicing on that throw. When you can hit twenty bulls eyes in a row, you can take a break. If you feel like you're straining your arm, take a break sooner. Don't push yourself. There will be a time for that, but today is not the day." He then disappeared behind the wall. "Okay Renji, it's time to help you with this fear of yours. Heights can be scary, trust me I know, but it's possible to overcome that fear. "We're starting at ten feet," he told the genin. "You're going to jump, I'm going to catch you and you're going to tuck and roll. When I was younger than you, I had a fear of breaking my neck coming down," he said honestly. "So we're going to prevent that by tucking and rolling. Then I'll teach you the proper way to land. Now, up you go," Felix said with a nod. He looked to Tamero. "Take a break or something," he told him. "I'll be back to help you after I finish here with Renji."

Tamero gladly got out of the water. He got as much water out of his pants as possible and then put his shirt on. Walking over to Kana he looked at her. "So...um, whatcha doing," he asked curiously.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

Kana took to throwing the shuriken after their sensei had gone to help Renji. Twenty in a row. She could do that. She wouldn't strain herself now, but if she didn't get this down by the end of training today, she'd sure as hell be straining herself later on in the day when she trained alone. When Tamero came up, she gave him a small smile. "Practicin my throwing. Apparently I can't throw too hard or else it makes too much noise. And sensei said it's bad for my arm when I get older," she said, sounding a bit embarrassed. Throwing her next shuriken, it ended up hitting close to the bullseye again, but not in the center. Yeah, she was gonna need practice.

Renji looked to their sensei as he came over. Compared to the twenty feet he'd been jumping from, ten feet didn't seem like much. Didn't mean it didn't still bother him though. "Really?" he asked. His sensei had a fear of heights when he'd been a kid too? Swallowing, Renji started up the stairs to the top of the wall. Ten feet...no big deal, right..? Just remember what Kana told you... he thought, swallowing again. This was scary. It's not like he didn't trust their teacher or anything, but...the jutsu was no longer in place, right? What if he missed his footing! "I'm...gonna jump now," he warned. He didn't care if it sounded weird, he wanted to be sure his sensei was ready to catch him. When he jumped, he had to force his body to tuck and roll once he neared the ground.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:29 am

Felix nodded when Renji questioned him. He watched the genin go up. He wasn't sure if Renji knew it or not, but the jutsu was still in tact. When Renji jumped, Felix caught him and rolled him across the ground. "You need to loosen up. When I let you go alone, I don't want you damaging your spine. When you hit the ground, bend your knees so you don't break your leg, roll on your shoulder first, and then your hip," he told Renji. "Do you want me to show you how to do it," he asked. Felix wasn't going to have the boy jumping from ten feet without proper tutorial, not alone at least.

Tamero nodded. "Good luck, you're doing great," he said to her as he went and sat down in the grass. He didn't want to distract her, but he didn't want to be the only one on break either. It was kind of weird. He shrugged it off and looked at the lake. It was so big and scary looking. I'll swim across the entire thing one day.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 am

Kana blinked when Tamero said that she was doing great, but then smiled a little. "Thanks." When he walked off, she continued throwing the shuriken, grinning happily when she got one to hit the bulls eye. "Yes," she cheered under her breath, before taking out another shuriken. She'd get this no matter how long she had to do it for!

Renji got up, looking down a bit when their sensei told him to loosen up. He knew he should, but he just didn't know what to do when it came to things like this. Jumping made him tense up. He nodded lightly when their sensei asked if he wanted him to show how it was done. "Please."
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 am

Felix nodded and went up the stairs. He wondered what he could say to Renji so he wouldn't tense up. When he was at the top, he looked down. Felix leaned forward and then let himself fall off the wall. He bent his knees as he hit the ground and rolled on his shoulder then hip all in one smooth motion. It looked and felt easy from his perspective, but he knew it would take time. Felix stood up and dusted himself off. Rolling across the ground shirtless was not his brightest idea. "Let's try the tuck and roll from a different approach," he stated as he pulled a strange of grass from the bandage on his arm. "We'll start at three feet and move up with each jump," he told the genin. The wall dropped to three feet. "Begin."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 am

Renji watched as his sensei jumped from the wall. He made it look so effortless. He wasn't sure he could do it so well. When he said they were going to try it from a different approach, Renji nodded. While Renji wasn't entirely sure three feet was high enough for him to tuck and roll from, there was no way in hell he was about to complain. The longer he could hold off jumping from high up, the better. Walking up the stairs on the side of the wall, Renji took a moment to remember how his sensei had done it. It had been jump, bend your knees, land, and roll, right? And that's just what Renji did. Although it seemed he had troubles landing on his shoulder before his hip. He didn't have the best luck in learning things like this, and he knew it. Getting up, he looked to their sensei. "Like that?"
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am

Felix nodded. "Almost, remember, shoulder then hip. If you land on your hip first, the impact may just break it...." Felix ran his hand through his silver hair. "Again," he said. "Practice makes perfect." Felix didn't believe anything was perfect, aside from Meridian, but that was besides the point. They were talking strictly business here. He crossed his arms over his chest as he watched Renji, occasionally glancing around the corner to make sure Kana wasn't getting pissed off with the wall.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 am

Renji nearly sighed when he said almost. Yeah, he didn't want to break his hip. He'd been able to tell by now that the jutsu from before was still in effect, so he wasn't too worried right now. It took a few more tries, to Renji's embarrassment, before he actually started getting it down. The weird thing was, he could actually feel it when he rolled across the ground the right way. "I think I'm getting it," he said, standing up after having rolled across the ground correctly for the second time.

Kana had only been able to make five bulls eyes in a row so far, and was getting irritated. Each time she thought she was gonna keep a streak up, she always ended up breaking it instead. Giving an irritated sigh, Kana just threw a shuriken out of irritation, though not hard, and not aiming. So of course she was surprised when she realized it had hit the bulls eye. Taking a breath, she started again. This was so annoying!
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Felix nodded. "Yes you are. Great landing," he praised the black haired boy. "Keep it up," he said as he walked off. "If you have trouble, let me know." He looked at Kana. "How about we lower your goal to ten in a row. And, if you get angry, you lose focus. Calm down. When you get ready to prepare breath in, when you're in the motion of releasing the kunai or shuriken, breath out slowly." He then walked to Tamero. "Ready to go back in?" Felix got back in the water. "When you swim, us your arms like this, while kicking your legs," Felix said as he demonstrated. "Come on, I'll help you." When Tamero was in the water, Felix took him by the sides. "Alright, now, kick and move your arms."

Tamero jumped up when Felix said it was time to go back to swimming. Hurrying over to his sensei, he watched closely. Getting into the water, Tamero did as Felix had showed him. Kicking his legs and moving his arms. "Keep your hands closed, if not you're just pointlessly splashing water," he told the genin.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Renji nodded when their sensei told him to keep it up. He'd get this, it would only be a matter of time. He felt more confident in knowing that he was making progress. Unfortunately, the next step would be to tuck and roll from higher up. He wasn't that confident just yet. Regardless, he kept at it. He wasn't doing the higher wall yet, so for now he could manage.

Kana felt a little embarrassed when he suggested lowering her goal. "I can make it to twenty," she muttered when he'd gone off to talk to Tamero. She would get this. "Calm down, tch. Easier said than done," she muttered, throwing another shuriken.

"It's easy if you take a moment to breathe." Kana blinked and looked around, only to notice a black squirrel sitting next to her, looking up at her with large white eyes that she knew all too well.

"What are you doing here?" Kana whispered hurriedly, glancing towards the lake.

"Helping you. Now breathe. Slowly. While your teacher isn't here, I'll help you." Although it was easy for Kana to hear it talking to her, the squirrels' voice (which was much too deep for the form it was currently taking) was fairly low and hard to hear from the surrounding areas.

Giving a sigh, Kana started breathing slowly, controlling her breathing as best as she could. She wanted a run. This was so irritating. Taking out another shuriken, she aimed at a target and threw, hitting the target in the center. She blinked and looked to the squirrel, who blinked its large white eyes at her.

(I love imagining Shadowshifter as different animals. It's so cute.)
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 pm

"Very nicely done," Felix stated. "Now, just keep moving," he said, letting the boy go, but staying close by in case Tamero froze and started to sink in panic. When he was let go, Tamero's brain seem to go blank. His entire body seemed to freeze and he felt himself going down. "Tamero, keep moving. I'm right here," Felix stated. Tamero shook his head and started to kick. He didn't want to drown here. Moving his arms as calmly as he could, he started making his way through the water. Felix grinned. "Ah, look who's swimming," Felix stated, his blue eyes shinning.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Renji was starting to realize that he was getting more and more used to the motions of tucking and rolling. It was becoming easy now, almost natural, but not quite. He almost wanted to start trying to jump from higher up, but didn't say anything. He'd stick with the lower heights as long as possible.

With Azazeal sitting next to her, Kana started throwing consistent bulls eyes. For some reason, she felt calmer with the creature next to her. She wasn't sure what it was exactly, but whatever it was, it was working. At the ninth bulls eye, Kana had to stop and take a breath. Though she had told herself she'd do twenty, ten was a big step. So when she hit the target for the tenth time, she grinned, and didn't bother keeping her voice down. "Alright! I got ten!" A pause before she pulled out another shuriken. Nope, no resting. "Now onto twenty," she told herself with the same grin.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Felix turned and looked at Kana when she had a little outburst of excitement. A grin formed on his face. "Congratulations," he told her. "How about we all stop and take a lunch break," he said. He glanced back at Tamero. "Can you make it back without help?" When the genin nodded, Felix followed beside him, for safety measures. When they reached land, Felix grabbed his shirt and put it on. Everyone was doing fairly well. Maybe he should keep these new methods, he was getting better results. Then again, they weren't really training. Felix shrugged it off. "Let's go to the Open to get something to eat," he suggested. "It'll all be on me."

Tamero looked at Kana as well, not noticing he had stopped and was simply treading water. When Felix called a break, he started for shore. Occasionally faltering here and there. When he made it to the shore, he got as much water out of his pants as possible and then ran over to Kana. "Nice work," he whispered. He then looked to their sensei. He liked the new Felix. The guy was less harsh and a lot more encouraging.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Kana blinked, looking at their sensei when he congratulated her, giving a small grin. It faded a little when he said that they should take a lunch break. She didn't remember how much money she had for the day. Enough for a meal, right? A wave of relief washed over her when their sensei said it would all be on him. Yeah, their sensei was awesome. Her grin returned as Tamero said nice work. "You too," she told him, peeking around the wall at Renji, who was heading over to them.

Renji, who was about to head up the stairs again, paused when he heard Kana cheer. He wasn't sure he'd ever heard her that happy before. Hm, so you really did see something new every day. Smiling, he went over to his teammates. "This is awesome," he told them. He liked their new sensei. He was a lot nicer. Though it might've just been because the guy was working with each of them on their individual weaknesses too. Kana and Renji followed next to Tamero and behind their sensei as they headed to the open.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum