Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where It All Began

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Where It All Began - Page 5 Empty Re: Where It All Began

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 am

Felix was getting worried that Kim wasn't responding. When he felt the guy go still, and the lack of coughing, he came to a stop and laid the blue haired guy on the ground. Felix was no medic, but damn it he was going to buy some time. He wasn't losing Kim too. Felix quickly cut through Kim's shirt with a kunai and then felt along his ribs as softly as he could until he felt where the rib had broken. "Damn it," Felix whispered. He put his ear to Kim's chest, listening for what could be heard as liquid moving through the guys lungs, suffocating him. Sitting up straight he rolled Kim onto his side and then pulled a senbon. He had no time for sterilizing and no time for eliminating the possibility of pain, but he did have to save the guy's life if he worked fast enough. "This is going to hurt like hell, but I need for you to bear with me," Felix told him calmly. He slid the senbon into place and then gave it a little push, piercing the skin until he was next to Kim's lung. Felix then pulled it out, letting the blood drain from the puncture wound. That should at least take the pressure off of his lungs. Felix then picked Kim back up and headed for the village. Time had never been more crucial.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 am

Kim only faintly heard someone mumbling in the back of his head, and his face twisted in pain when he felt something pierce his chest, forcing him to cough once more, blood spattering from his mouth while he was turned on his side. As soon as the blood started draining, the blue haired man took a shaking gasp of a breath. Kim wasn't conscious, but his breathing had started again, but they were still coming in shaky gasps, and small coughing fits every now and again. Somewhere in the back of his mind though, he knew to turn his head to the side as Felix carried him, so that the blood would drain from his mouth rather than choking him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 am

Felix was glad to see the blood for once, it meant it was draining from his lungs. The results were also great, for he watched as Kim's chest once more started to rise and fall. That was good. By the time he'd gotten to the hospital, it has seemed like a lifetime, but only ten minutes had passed. Rushing in, Felix let them take Kim from him. Standing in the middle of the hospital, covered in blood, he could only shake his head as the doctors questioned him about whether he was injured or not. "I'm fine," he said with a blank expression. Felix was not fine. Physically unharmed, but his nerves were shot. He honestly thought he was going to watch someone else die in his arms today and that was not a feeling he wanted to experience ever again. Turning away he took a seat in the closest chair, hoping that the doctors would come out and inform him that Kim was going to live.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 am

It was a good long while before anyone came out to talk to Felix. The doctor could be seen talking to one of the nurses, who pointed him towards the silver haired ninja. "Excuse me, you're the one who brought Kim Babo in?" He waited for Felix's response before continuing. "He's fine. He just got out of surgery, and he's stable. If it had been done any later, he might not have made it. But...his vitals were becoming too low during surgery and he fell comatose. We're not sure when he'll wake up. If you'd like to see him, a nurse can direct you to his room," he said. "If you'll excuse me," he said, giving Felix a small nod before starting off.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:07 am

Felix had not moved while waiting for someone to come to him. When he saw the doctor, his blue gaze was blank. He only nodded when he was asking if he'd brought Kim in. As the doctor explained the situation, Felix was visibly relieved, only to become tense when the guy said he'd gone into a coma. Felix's gaze found the floor. He felt sick. What if this was his fault. Not only had this happened right after he'd told Kim he'd help, but he'd wasted time by fighting instead of getting Kim to the nearest hospital. The silver haired shinobi shook his head. I'm tired of losing everyone. What's the point in trying to save someone, when they're just going to die in the end. Getting up he went to the nurse. "May I see Kim," he asked quietly. He figured he should check on him before heading home. Suki deserved to know what was going on, in case he didn't make it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 am

The nurse looked at Felix when the silver haired man came up to her, nodding at his question. "This way please," she told him, walking over to one of the elevators and calling it for him. When it opened she gave him a small smile. "He's on the third floor, room 316," she told him. When Felix got on the elevator, she took a small breath before speaking. "I'm sure he'll be fine," she told him with a nod. When the doors closed, she went back to her work. She knew Babo Kim. That goofball of a man had helped her out a couple times when he'd been a kid, by fixing a machine or another of hers. They'd been neighbors, actually. It was nice to see that Kim had a friend to come visit him immediately after something like this. She just wondered if that silver haired man was that kind of friend.

In the room, Kim was laying on his back, an oxygen mask on, and the room was filled with the sound of the slow, steady beep of his heartbeat monitor. Just as the doctor had said, everything on the monitor read lower than it should've been. Aside from the monitor and Kim's breathing, the room was almost eerily quiet.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am

(That kind of friend. Are our brains synced again?)

Felix nodded to the nurse as she led the way to the elevator. When she told him what room number, he gave a weak smile. "Thank you," he said. He reassuring words weren't enough, but it did help ease the pain just a little. Felix counted the seconds it took him to get to the rightful floor, his blue eyes dark. When the elevator opened, he walked to room 316, pausing for a brief moment as if preparing himself before walking in. When he saw Kim, he felt horrible. This shouldn't have happened. He looked at the machines and then back to the body they were attached to. He closed the door and slowly made his way over to Kim. Standing at least a foot back from the side of the bed, Felix spoke. "If you can here me, I'm sorry. Just wake up, okay?" Felix wasn't sure what else to say, so he turned away and headed out the door to go find Suki. Honestly, he didn't want her seeing her best friend in this condition, but if Kim didn't wake up, Felix would never get past the guilt.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 am

(But of course!)

Suki, completely unaware of what was happening, was going about running her shop normally, sitting at the counter and cleaning an instrument for one of her customers who'd had it dropped off. It was a viola. Suki'd always liked the sound of viola's, but something about the violin drew her to the smaller instrument instead. The owner of the viola was actually a young girl, who had told her she was begging her mother to get lessons from Suki, after she'd came in and seen her giving Renji a lesson one day. Cute girl. She wondered if she'd be able to teach the child after all.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Felix's blue eyes were still dark as he walked into Suki's shop. He saw her cleaning the instrument without a care in a the world and felt even less willing to tell her. "Suki," he said. "We need to talk." Felix had changed closed and washed up so people wouldn't comment on the blood that had been spilled on to him. In addition to that, he didn't want to scare Suki. He went around the counter and lead her to the nearest chair. "Kim's in the hospital, things didn't go as planned." There was a pause before he continued. "He's currently in a coma, but there's a possibility he'll wake up." Felix felt like he was writing out someone's death sentence. "He's in room 316." What else could he say? He had no idea how he could comfort her. The point of him helping Kim was to prevent something like this and he'd failed.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Suki looked up as the bell chimed, signaling someone was coming in. Felix, in this case. "Hi there," she said, but her smile faded when he said they needed to talk. Oh no. What had happened? When he came to lead her to a chair, she started getting scared. What was going on? Had something serious happened? And, Kim, he was okay, right?? Suki looked up at Felix after sitting down, obvious apprehension in her eyes. When he told her Kim was in the hospital, she wasn't sure what to say, or do, or think. Things didn't go as planned? What did that mean?? Her eyes teared up a bit and she brought a hand to cover her mouth. "A-a possibility...so i-it's...more likely he won't..?" she asked. It was all too obvious she was trying not to cry. She quickly got up. "I-I have to go see him," she said, going to grab her coat from the back.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Felix was silent as he let Suki take it all in. He could see that she wanted to cry. He wish she would have just done it. Holding it in wouldn't help. Felix slowly headed for the door, opening it when Suki said she had to get her coat. He'd go there to support her, even though he didn't want to see Kim in that condition anymore. Felix had seen more than he wanted to in the forest. The bruising was bad enough by itself, accompanied with the blood. Felix shook his head, but remained silent.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:13 pm

On her way out, Suki barely even noticed that Felix had held the door open for her. She kept a quick pace as she walked to the hospital, doing her best not to burst into tears. She wanted to see him before making any assumptions.

When they got there, she headed straight for the elevator, waiting with a scared and worried expression. She hated waiting in situations like these. All over again she was being brought back to what had happened to Tara. She hated hospitals for that reason alone. They reminded her. She couldn't bear it if she were to lose Kim too. Getting to room 316, Suki stopped. No one was in the room. There was no way Felix would joke about something like this. So...so where was he! Taking in a shaky breath, Suki flagged down a nurse from the hallway. "Excuse me, but do you know where the patient from this room is?"

The nurse looked at her for a moment. The girl in front of her looked ready to cry, poor thing. "He just got taken back into surgery," she said.

Suki's eyes widened a bit. "Wha-w-why? What happened?"

"He went into cardiac arrest. Are you family?"

Suki nodded. "Y-yes, he's my brother," she said, her eyes tearing once more.

The nurse gave a light nod. "I'm very sorry. A small piece of bone from a fractured rib seemed to have gotten into his blood stream, and traveled to his heart. You can wait in his room until it's over, if you'd like." When Suki gave a nod, the nurse gave an apologetic look and started off.

Almost immediately after, Suki broke down into tears, covering her mouth with one hand to avoid making too much noise. "O-oh god..."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Felix made sure to keep up with Suki as he followed her. When they got to the hospital, he once more counted the seconds. Following the brunette to Kim's room, Felix looked to Suki when she stopped. Could she not bear the site of all the machinery? When she got a nurse and asked where Kim was, Felix looked into the room. His heart skipped a beat. Had Aussir came back to finish what he started? The answer to his question was received when the nurse explained. That didn't help Felix at all. The brief memory was drawn from the back of his mind,

"You still alive, little brother?"

"Yeah."

"I want you to know that it's been a good run. This past year has been a blast, but I think this is the end of the line for me. When you get home, tell my sister-in-law to be that I said congratulations on the marriage. And that you have to name at least one kid after me."

Felix's heart sunk. "What?"

"I'm done little brother, I'm not going to be able to get back to the village, but maybe you can. Besides, you'll be able to move faster without me." Holland closed his eyes.

Felix shook his head. "No, we stick together. You told me I can't die, so neither can you."

Holland sighed. "You're going to make a great ninja."

Felix felt sick. Slowly turning to Suki who clearly need comfort, he wrapped her in a hug. "It's going to be okay. He'll pull through," Felix whispered. In all honestly, he wasn't sure if it would be okay. Part of him wanted to go back and change everything, to stop this from occurring, while another part of him was willing to push it to the back of his mind and forget it ever happened. Why are they so fragile? So easily broken and battered. So many emotions to experience, so much pain to fear and witness. It times like these I'm sure they welcome Death, but Kim...you're different...you're going to fight back and come out of the darkness. You're going to wake up and then everything will be back to normal. Felix closed his eyes as he hugged Suki tighter. "It's going to be alright," he said once more.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 pm

When Felix hugged her, Suki couldn't help but to wrap her arms around him and cry into his chest. She was terrified, she didn't want to lose Kim. She wanted to believe what Felix was saying, she really did. But her past experience with hospitals was making her believe otherwise. "I-I don't want to lose him too, Felix," she cried, shaking lightly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Felix understood that she was upset and scared. Usually he'd be aggravated by this, but he knew where she was coming from. It was a possibility she was going to lose someone who she really cared, right after a recent death. Felix guided her into Kim's room and closed the door. "You're not going to lose him," the silver haired shinobi promised. "Kim's too stubborn to go out like this." Felix forced a smile. "You should know that better than me. I've only known him for two days and you've known him for far longer." Felix wanted to save Kim, he really did. It was moments like this were he needed Serenity. A thought passed through his mind, would she be selfish and let Kim go because it would be easier than wasting her skills on a dying man. Felix shook his head. Serenity wasn't like that, she'd had her reasons for not giving her best for the Kage. He sighed, there was no way for her to get here in time. He'd never felt more useless in his life.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am

Suki didn't protest to being taken into the room, pulling her head away from his chest and wiping her eyes when he spoke. It didn't do anything, for the tears didn't stop flowing. "I-I'm so scared though..."

While Kim ended up surviving the surgery, he still didn't awaken from the coma afterwards. Suki had wanted to close her shop for a couple days, to calm down, but Renji had insisted that he would take care of things, so she let him do so. It was only two days until Suki returned to take care of the shop, but she felt no better. Kim was still in the hospital, still unconscious. She'd visited him every day that he was in there. On the morning of the sixteenth day, however, she got a phone call. Saying that Kim had woken up. She immediately closed the store and practically ran to the hospital. Though she didn't know, Felix had gotten a phone call as well. But she'd planned on calling him once she got to the hospital and saw that Kim was awake for herself.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 am

Felix busied himself with training to keep his mind off of Kim. He didn't even visit the shop anymore, only every now and then. It may have seemed cruel, but he didn't have the heart to face Suki. When he got the phone call he was actually swimming. Making his way to the edge, he grabbed his phone and answered. "Hello?" His blue eyes went blank, so he wasn't sure how to respond to the news he'd just received. Kim was not only alive, but awake. Felix quickly pulled himself out of the water and got dressed into dry clothes. Hurrying over to the hospital, silver hair dripping lightly with water, he paused at Kim's door. What was he going to say, 'Glad you're alive, sorry I nearly got you killed.' Felix suddenly wanted to turn around and walk away. He'd send a card or something.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

Kim had his bed sitting up only slightly. The nurse had neglected to give him his glasses back, so he couldn't see anything. He just looked out the window, which had it's blinds opened, watching the swirling colors of motion that took place on some of the city's rooftops. When he heard someone come into his room, he looked towards the door, but couldn't see who it was. He blinked a couple times and waited for the person to speak. When they didn't, Kim took it upon himself to instead. "Hello? Sorry, but I can't really see who you are...but if you could get my glasses for me..."

The only reason Suki wasn't speaking was because she was tearing up again, overwhelmed with the sight of seeing Kim awake after two weeks. When Kim spoke to her, she couldn't help but to go over and hug him, tears in her eyes. "Oh god, I thought you weren't going to make it," she said, sounding relieved.

Kim cringed when Suki hugged him, but managed to force a grin. "O-oh hey Suki...l-listen, I hate to ask this, after worrying you so much, but...could you get off me?" he said, giving a small cough. Suki immediately pulled back with a quick "Sorry!" And when she did, Kim gave a small chuckle, followed by a light cough. Despite his medication, it was still a bit uncomfortable to breath. He'd been told the procedures he'd undergone, and how long he'd been out for when he'd woken up, so it wasn't a mystery to him why he was feeling bad.

Suki seemed to get a bit annoyed by his laughing. "Why're you acting like nothing happened, you almost died!" she said angrily.

Kim gave a light grin and held up his hands defensively. "Sorry, sorry," he chuckled.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am

Felix stayed outside the door, listening to what was being said. He gave a small smirk when he heard Kim ask Suki to get off him, yet he managed to laugh. When someone tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around. It was a nurse with a tiny smile on her face. "You can go in, if you'd like," she told him. Felix blinked twice and then shook his head. "No, I just....I can't," he finally said, keeping his voice low. The nurse nodded and then walked away, giving him yet another small smile. Felix was glad that she was understanding. Turning back away from the door, he started down the hall, hands in his pants pocket. Glad you're awake.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:49 am

Suki just couldn't stay mad with him. She was just so glad he was alive. "Oh, right, your glasses," she said with a smile. "You look so different without them on," she told him, walking over to his things, which were on the other side of the room. When she gave him his glasses, he grinned and put them on.

"Different? You mean super cool, like a bishonen?" he asked, chuckling lightly.

Suki couldn't help but give a laugh. "You read too much anime."

Kim shook his head. "No no no, I read manga," he corrected, to which Suki rolled her eyes.

"Oh, right, I've got to call Felix and let him know you're awake," she said, pulling out her phone and calling her fiance's number.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 am

Felix walked down the hall. When his phone vibrated in his pocket, he ignored it. He didn't feel like talking. He knew it could be only one of two people anyway. Serenity or Suki. Neither of which he wanted to speak to. So he let it go to voicemail. Eyes on the floor, he exited the building and stood outside. "If I was still the old me, I wouldn't care. I probably wouldn't even be here." He sighed and pulled out his cigarettes. He put one in his mouth, but as usual didn't light it. "I'm starting to wonder if this new me is capable of surviving the life of an immortal."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 am

When it went to voicemail, Suki nearly sighed. That was too bad. "Hey Felix, it's Suki. I don't know if anyone called you, but Kim woke up."

Kim cupped his hands around his mouth and said loudly "Hey, tell him to stop by, I wanna tell him thank you!"

Suki blinked and looked at him. "Stop shouting, I'll say it." She turned her attention back to the phone and gave a light chuckle. "As you can hear, he's feeling okay. You should stop by the hospital," she said. "I'll talk to you later." With that, Suki hung up the phone and looked at him, who shrugged and gave a "What?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 am

Felix found his way back to the nearest water source. Before he got in, he checked his phone. It had been Suki. Listening to her message and Kim's background input, he closed his phone and tossed it onto the ground. "Like he doesn't know he's shouting...they're in the same room." Felix shook his head and pulled his shirt off. Stepping into the water he went under the surface and sat there, wondering what he should do next. Maybe I should just walk away and never look back. Suki doesn't need me. It wasn't fair for me to suddenly throw that proposal out there. And Kim would have been fine without me butting into his life.

"Kim would be dead without you. And Suki deserves some happiness after the trouble she's gone through. You've done right, Felix." The silver haired jonin opened his eyes as the water around him shifted lightly.Suki almost lost her best friend! Kim nearly died because of me. "No, he lived because of you. Had you not been there, who would have ever know he was missing until his body turned up? Stop pitying yourself. Go to them." Felix closed his eyes annoyed. I came here to swim, not for a lecture. Opening his eyes and swimming to the surface he dried off and grabbed his phone. He quickly sent a text to Suki.

Sorry, I was swimming. I'll be there in a few.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 am

Suki looked at her phone when it buzzed, picking it up and smiling at the text message. "He's coming by," she said.

Kim grinned happily. "Awesome."

"Hey, before he gets here...can you tell me what happened?" When Kim's grin faded a bit, Suki immediately spoke again. "I-I'm sorry, that wasn't right, you don't have to tell me anything," she said, only now realizing that it might've scared him to think about it.

"No, it's fine. I'm just kinda worried about how you'll react," he said honestly. "I mean, I just woke up from this, after two weeks. This is your first time seeing me awake again, I don't wanna ruin that with telling you what happened..." he said, looking at her kinda concerned.

Suki looked down. "Y-yeah, I guess. I didn't think of it like that..."

Kim gave a light smile. "Hey, trust me. Some things you're better off not knowing. Knowledge can be more painful than curiosity."

Suki looked at him, tilting her head a little. "Painful?"

Kim gave a small grin and chuckled. "E-eheh, you know what I mean," he said, relieved when Suki only nodded instead of questioning him. At times like this, he normally would've put his hand on the back of his neck in embarrassment, but honestly, moving anything right now hurt.

"Oh, I can't believe I didn't ask, do you want me to get you anything?"

Kim started to shake his head, but then paused. "...actually, can you go get your violin?"

"My violin?"

"And take my keys with you. I wrote up a melody for you, I meant to give it to you, but forgot a while ago. It's in my guitar case at my apartment. I want to hear how it sounds on your violin," he said with a small grin.

Suki gave a small laugh. "I meant did you want me to get you anything to eat." She gave a slightly dramatic sigh. "Buut, I guess I can go get my violin," she said, rolling her eyes a little.

Kim's grin widened. "Thanks hun, you're the best," he joked as Suki got up. "See you in a bit?"

Suki nodded. "See you in a bit." After taking Kim's keys from his belongings, she left the hospital and first started towards her shop, where she kept her violin most of the time.

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 am

(I wonder if he has a secret agenda.)

Felix went to his apartment and changed once more. Then made his way to the apartment. He actually missed Suki by a few seconds, but if he'd known, he'd probably have just kept going. When he got to the hospital, he went up to Kim's room. He again stopped at the door. He didn't want to go in, but he knew he had no choice. Walking in after a quiet knock he looked at Kim. "Hey...." Felix's blue eyes were nothing short of empty. He was glad to see Kim was awake and alive, but it was hard to show it when none of this should have ever happened. Hands in his pants pocket, he stayed in the doorway. "Where's Suki?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum