Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where It All Began

2 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Where It All Began - Page 6 Empty Re: Where It All Began

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 am

(Me and you both. O.o )

Once more, Kim was looking out the window, waiting for either Felix, Suki, or a nurse to walk in. Since he had his glasses, he could see everything more clearly, but his gaze was watching the small flocks of birds that fluttered by every now and then. When he heard the small knock, Kim looked to the door and grinned. "Hey there yourself. I asked her to get something for me, since she so kindly offered," he joked. "What're you standing in the doorway for, come in." Kim seemed lively enough, as if anything could ever change that. He just wanted Felix to come in so he could give the guy a proper thanks. Not talk to him from halfway across the room. It didn't really occur to Kim that Felix viewed this as his fault. And if Felix had told him, he wouldn't really have understood it. It's not like it was his fault those guys showed up and kidnapped him out of the blue. Maybe it was actually Kim's own fault for not seeking out private help sooner, really.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:28 pm

EntFelix nodded when Kim said he'd sent Suki off to get something gor him. Blue eyes gazed at the laughing mechanic.felix wouldn't be laughing if he was in Kim's position. Shaking his head he stepped into the room when told he was welcomed to come in. Felix however left the door open. "How are you feeling?" He asked. He wanted to make sure the guy really was okay, even if he was questioning whether or not someone had tampered with his brain. Felix almost smiled at the thought. Kim was one odd guy, considering that he still managed to smile after all of this. Felix shook his head, mortals were odd creatures.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Kim watched as Felix entered, smiling at his question. "Well, my chest hurts like hell, but other than that, fine," he told him honestly. "Hey, thanks for having my back," he said with a smile. "If you hadn't come, I'd probably be dead right now." Unlike most people, Kim didn't cringe or seem completely distraught about saying it. It was the truth though, he would have died, he was sure of it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Felix blinked when Kim thanked him."I'm sure you would have been just fine without me," he stated plainly. He wasn't taking credit for anything, and it had nothing to do with being modest. "Glad you're feeling better than before. Rest up and I'm sure you'll be out in no time," Felix said. There was a small pause and then he contiinued. "Sorry you had to go through hell." He then took a step back. "I have to go now," he said quietly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Kim blinked at Felix's statement. Now he was a bit confused. "I would've what now?" When Felix went to back up, Kim sat up to protest, but then cringed, bring a hand to his chest as he gave a couple coughs. "H-hey wait a minute now..." He gave another cough. "T-the hell're you talking about? Aussir wouldn't have stopped attacking me if you hadn't shown up. He probably woulda kept going til I was dead," he said, looking confused. For once, he didn't have a grin on his face. He didn't get why Felix wouldn't accept his thanks. Had something happened while he'd been out of it?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Felix looked at Kim when the guy sat up, resulting in a small spasm of coughs. "Sit back down before you end up here longer than necessary," Felix snapped. He hadn't preformed the most unsanitary miniature surgery in the middle of the woods for this guy to go screwing everything up. "Fine, I'm glad you're alive, now I have to get going," he said as he took another step back. "I'll see you around." Felix figured it'd be better to admit that Kim was right, rather than argue about everything.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Kim couldn't help but give a nervous grin when Felix snapped at him, sitting back against the best, holding his hand against his chest as if it would stop the pain. "Sorry," he apologized. The guy'd probably done a lot to keep him alive, it was no wonder he was getting pissed that Kim was moving.

Suki walked over to the hospital, going towards Kim's room when she heard Felix talking. She had her white violin case on her back, and was carrying a black guitar case with gold lining around it's edges. "Hi Felix," she said, walking in with a smile. She tilted her head a little. She'd heard him say he had to go. "Are you leaving already?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Felix shook his head when Kim apologized. He probably would have said more, but then Suki came around the corner. He wondered why she had her violin and what he assumed to be Kim's guitar. "I have to speak with my landlord. The office will be closing soon, so I'll probably be back afterwards." Lies. Felix wouldn't be coming back. He was going home to sulk in all of these terrible emotions. He turned away. "I'll see you around." He started out the door, only to bump into a nurse. Felix recognized her from earlier. "Sorry," he apologized quickly. The nurse smiled and shook her head. "No, it's fine. Glad you went in to see him this time." She then moved along with a small wave. Felix wasn't going to turn around and see if Suki or Kim had heard the woman. Felix was sure she didn't even know how close Suki was to him. He'd probably blocked her view.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Suki looked at Felix as he said he had to go. "Bye Felix," she said kindly. She wasn't mad at him or anything like that, she just wondered why he was leaving so quickly. She hadn't been gone that long, right?

Kim looked at Felix as he said he had to go speak with his landlord. He would've given a small shrug if he hadn't known it would've hurt to do so. "Alright. See ya later," he said. He looked to Suki with a light grin when he saw his guitar case. "You brought my guitar," he said, his eyes shining. He paused when he heard the nurse speak. His grin faded a bit. It was starting to come together in his head, what was going on. "Hey, Suk..." When she gave him a questioning look, he continued. "Next time you talk to him do me a favor and make sure he knows it's not his fault I'm in here, kay?"

Suki blinked. Had they been talking about that while she wasn't here? Did Kim send her away just so he could talk to Felix in private? That sly demon. The brown haired woman nodded. "Of course."

Kim gave a light sigh before smiling. "Thanks. Now, did you get a chance to take the sheet music out?" he asked. When Suki shook her head, he motioned for her to bring his guitar over, sitting his bed up a little bit more so he could open it easily. The guitar that laid on the inside was an electric one with blue and aqua patterns on it, a bright blue lightning bolt on it's right side. On top of it was a sheet with notes on it. It was titled "Mirror Image". He handed it to Suki. "Here, take a look at it. I'm gonna play some background cords while you play. I'm sure the nurses won't mind," he said with a grin.

Suki took the notes and looked them over. They played in her mind as she read them and she smiled. "Alright, since you're so eager, I guess I'd better start. But I don't have a music stand," she said, looking around.

"Use the window sill," Kim said, pulling his guitar out, trying not to flinch as he did so. He wondered if he'd be able to play in this condition. Probably wouldn't be able to hold it too well, that was for sure...

Suki smiled and shook her head lightly, taking her violin out and going over to put the sheet on the window sill. She turned her head and looked to Kim. "Ready?" When Kim grinned and nodded, Suki looked back to the notes, taking a second to get her placing before starting. She could hear Kim strumming some light background music to it, flowing smoothly with her violin.

"Mirror Image"
(The trance music is not Kim's strumming.)
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 pm

(I knew that)

"Bye." Felix walked away before he could hear Kim's comment. It was only on his way to the elevator did he stop when he heard the music coming from the room did he stop. He paused a moment to listen to it. The sound of the instrument wasn't the same as hearing someone sing, but it was close enough. Even when the elevator opened, he stayed put. He stepped back, getting out of the way of a couple as they exited. Felix remembered the first time he'd heard Suki play all those years ago. He'd been with Serenity then. Time sure had changed since then.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Time seemed to fly by, as Kim got out of the hospital a week after he awoke, with several restrictions placed onto him as far as movement went. Soon enough the wedding had come and gone, with few guests, but it was nevertheless a very happy event. Kim had stood in as best man, and had gotten a dance in with Suki as well. Now things seems to be falling into normality, Suki was busy with her shop, and Kim was going about his normal routine of making weapons, even though the scars on his chest from the surgery were still healing over. Since it was too much strain to make cannons in this state, he stuck to smaller weapons like rifles and handguns. On this day, which was nearly a week and a half after the wedding, Kim was down in his basement, his new, uncrushed cell phone sitting on the table next to him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Felix had found his way to Suki's shop. He still had nothing to do after even this long. Walking inside, he was surprised by the amount of people where inside. He squeezed past the customers and went to Suki. "Hey, brought you some lunch." He gave her a smile. "I'll see you later when you're not swamped." He then turned and walked out. "Good day good people, treat Suki well, she's a real doll." Felix found his way down the street, sending a nice little text to Kim.

Suki's busy, I'm coming to bother you, leave the door unlocked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Suki smiled when she saw Felix making his way through the people, giving him a small wave. "Thanks. I'll see you later," she promised. She blushed a little bit at what Felix said, giving a light giggle before moving to help one of the people in the shop.

Kim paused in assembling a hand gun when he heard a text tone go off from his phone. Picking it up, he looked at the text and grinned lightly, shaking his head. That guy. Putting the prototype he was working on down, he headed upstairs to unlock his front door. He didn't actually mind the guy just walking in, but usually he kept his door locked out of paranoia. Grabbing a manga from a bookshelf in his living room, he sat on the couch and awaited his visitor.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Just as he said he would, Felix walked straight inside the house. He looked at Kim who was on the couch with a manga in hand. "When do you find the time to read," he asked as he locked the door. Felix kicked off his shoes, walked over to the couch, and dropped down onto the cushions. "I'm so bored....I need something to do," he complained. "Suki's shop is swamped. I'm not registered to be a ninja here. You're...reading manga..." Felix lifted his head. "Entertain me squirrel." His blue eyes glowed as he spoke.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Kim looked up from his manga when Felix walked in and kicked off his shoes. "Good to see you too," he grinned at Felix's question. "When I'm not playing or writing music, or building. You should get into it, manga's pretty time-consuming," he chuckled. When Felix complained, he had to try not to laugh. The guy was funny. "Suki's shop is usually swamped. Especially around this time," he said with a grin. "The festival's coming around soon. People want to get their instruments tuned up. She kind of started this little tradition with her old best friend a while back. Anyone who wants to play along can do just that. It's pretty unique," he said thoughtfully. He nodded when Felix said he was reading manga, blinking at what Felix said next. "I am not a squirrel. I'm a chipmunk. We don't like it when you mix us up. Our sibling rivalry is very serious you know," he said straight-faced and with a nod.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Felix blinked at Kim's explanation. "When do you have time to play and write music?" Because he was upside down, he had to glance up at Kim. "You know about Tara," he asked when the guy went on to explain about the reason it was so busy. Felix didn't know the Gears had festivals. The place seemed so lively with machines that he didn't think they had room. "What do you mean 'old' best friend," he asked, peering at Kim. "Are you saying you're her 'new' best friend? If that's the case I must correct you, Squirrel, as Suki's husband, I have all rights reserved to be her best friend. That's just the way life is." He shrugged and crossed his arms over his chest. He'd completely disregarded Kim's explanation of being a Chipmunk. Felix saw him as a squirrel, and a squirrel he would be. He raised his hand and took the manga from Kim. "What are you reading anyway."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 pm

"When I'm not building. It's not all I do, you know," Kim chuckled. "Yeah, Suki's told me about her. You know, what happened and all that," he said with a nod. Kim looked at Felix with a slightly raised eyebrow when he asked if Kim thought he was Suki's best friend. "Huh? You can't be her husband and her best friend, that's just not fair," he complained. "I'm totally her best friend." He paused. "And I'm not a squirrel. Cuz if I am, that makes you a weasel," he said simply. "H-hey," he whined. He crossed his arms when Felix took the manga and looked off to the side. "It's called Gintama. There's like a million and one books out, so it's nice and consistent. Er. Sorta." He looked down at Felix for a moment before grinning lightly. "On a completely different note, glad to know we're cool. You know. After you practically ran away from me that one time," he said slyly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 pm

"Technically I can be," he responded. "Like I said, I've all rights reserved. The perfect relationship, according to every female I've ever met is a spouse that isn't just a provider, but a best friend as well." Felix was lazily flipping through the pages of the book, not understanding anything that was going on. "In addition to that, I am not a weasel. I'm more of a badger, and badgers eat squirrels for breakfast." There was a gleam in his eye. He continued flipping through the page. "Gintama? As in Silver Soul?" Felix's facial expression changed when Kim said he was glad they were cool. "What do you mean?" His eyes narrowed and he sat up quickly, shoving the book into Kim's face. "The hell with you, I told you I didn't have a problem with you." Why would that bastard go bringing something like that up? Felix gave a small huff and crossed his legs indian style on the couch.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Kim clicked his tongue when Felix brought up that he could be Suki's best friend. "You can be her second best friend," he argued. "And you're a weasel. End of story." He blinked when Felix asked about the name of the story. "You speak japanese," he said, a bit surprised. His eyes widened and he nearly fell over the side of the couch when Felix shoved the book into his face. "The hell?" He pulled the book away from his face, looking at Felix. "Wh-when?? I didn't..." Kim was thoroughly confused. When had he told him that?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm

"No, I must give her the perfect relationship, so I must be the first best friend. You can be second. End of story." Felix gave a huff when he was called a weasel. "Then you must accept your role as a squirrel." He grinned and then nodded when Kim asked if he spoke Japanese. "Yes. Is it so surprising?" He looked at the brown eyed man with a raised brow. "You mean you didn't....what should I have expected you were barely conscious." He sighed and rubbed his hand through his hair. "It doesn't matter. Now you know so leave me alone. Don't you have a gun to be working on or something?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Kim was silent for a moment when Felix said that he had to give Suki the perfect relationship. Damn this guy. "You can give her a perfect relationship by being her second best friend," he insisted. "I'll accept no such thing. You can be the badger if I get to be a chipmunk," he compromised with a grin, curious as to what Felix would say to that. "Well...not really, I guess, but..." he shook his head. He blinked when Felix seemed to get irritated. "You came here to be amused, and you want me to go work on my guns?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 am

"Kim, you're not going to win this argument. Don't you want Suki to be happy? If you really are her friend, you'll let me take the position of first best friend, or we can do this the easy way." Felix pulled out his phone. "We can ask her." His blue eyes glowed lightly. He would do it too. "However, if you wish to be a chipmunk, you must surrender your false position." Felix leaned back against the couch. "Correction, I came here because Suki was busy. I told you to amuse me because I was bored. Now I wish for you to go busy yourself with work while I take a nap." He fell to the side, his legs still crossed in indian style. "Dismiss yourself. This is my couch now."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 am

Kim's brow actually twitched slightly when Felix threatened to call Suki. He looked off to the side. "Didn't you say she was busy?" He crossed his arms. "Tch. Fine. You win. This time." He looked back to Felix, raising his eyebrow with a grin as the guy spoke. When Felix went to fall over, Kim put his hand on the guy's head, stopping him from doing so. "Oh no you don't." Kim gave him a light push to sit him back up before moving to sit on the back of the couch and crossing his arms. "I'm the King of this couch. You may move to the floor now."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 am

Felix smirked when he won the argument, but it quickly faded as he realized he did not hit the soft cushions, but Kim's hand. Felix's brain went into war mode. "Not in this lifetime," Felix growled. "I am your guest!" He picked up Kim's book. "You want this don't you." There was an evil glint in his eye. "The only way you'll ever get it back is if you move to the other couch. I'm too lazy to go anywhere. Besides, I saved your life, you owe me." Felix dangled the book in Kim's face, ready to snatch his hand back if the guy came after it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 am

"If I remember right, I never invited you into my home, so therefor, you are not my guest, but an intruder," Kim grinned deviously. He raised an eyebrow and chuckled when Felix taunted him with his book. "I know I'm just ruining your fun, but you do realize I can get about a million more of those," he chuckled, leaning forward slightly, his arms crossed over his legs, his light brown eyes shining. It was Felix's comment about having saved his life that ruined the fun for Kim, however. So the guy was gonna hold that over his head, was he? Kim's eyes narrowed when he grinned this time, and he put his foot on Felix's side in an attempt to push him off the couch. "Fine, I'll just move you myself, since you're sooo lazy," he chuckled.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum