A Quick Reprieve

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Quick Reprieve

Post by Cross on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:11 pm

"There's a lot more to a soul than color," he smiled. "Most people think that the color of someone's soul defines its purity or characteristics or whatever," he explained. He chuckled. "I can't really find it cool if it's something I grew up with. It's just natural. It's like growing up being blind in one eye. You don't really realize you see the world different from other people until someone points it out," he said. He felt strange, being so serious. But he liked explaining how he saw things. To Felix, especially. His smile widened just a tad when Felix speed talked. "Breathe love. And I had been joking. A blade can shine dull, but it doesn't stop it from being silver, just less attractive as a weapon." Wrong choice of words. He was making a lot of metaphors. He shook his head and took a breath before smiling again. "Besides, there's different shades of gray. It's still considered one color, unlike rose and crimson, but they're both shades of red, aren't they?" he leaned lightly on Felix as they walked, just to be close to him.
Cross
Admin

View user profile http://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Felix blinked as Kymin spoke. "Alright, Grand Elder, I see your ways of thinking. I shall take your wise words into consideration." Felix gave a mock bow and then went back to naming the shades of color. "Wait, what do you mean that there's more to a soul than it's color? What exactly does the color mean," he asked. He wanted to know everything now. He smiled when Kymin leaned against him. He loved this man with all his heart. He nuzzled Kymin's cheek and smiled. "By the way, you use too many metaphors oh wise one."

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Kymin gave a slightly embarrassed smile when Felix called him 'Grand Elder'. That wasn't entirely untrue. His soul was one of the oldest among his clan. About third oldest, though they didn't keep rank by age. Not surprising, considering they knew he disliked the practices of the clan. Who wanted to give power to someone who disagreed with them? "The color means absolutely nothing. It's a good way of identifying someone though. The color doesn't have anything to do with purity or anything like that. A soul is unique in that it starts out a simple wisp looking for a host. It doesn't know anything of this world when it enters. It's alien, completely foreign to our world. It's only purpose is to learn, really," he said, but then paused. "That sounds incredibly dreary," he noted, blinking. When Felix nuzzled his cheek, he smiled again. "Sorry, I don't even know where that came from," he chuckled softly when Felix spoke of the metaphors. He was calmed down from his near panic attack earlier, but now he was all too aware that they were leaving the village soon. This was ridiculous though, it wasn't like he could stay inside this village until he died. He'd have to find Batsu again, find a way to appease the creature. He nearly stumbled when he realized something. If a soul could only learn by inhabiting a body, then how did Batsu know so much of the world? "Felix, how long ago did those attacks on the villages start?" Did he just stumble upon something huge?
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 pm

"Oh, I see. So colors means nothing, just males them look nice and pretty." He gave a small chuckle. "Oh well, I thought it was going to have some epic meaning behind it all." He gave a shrug. "Anyway, souls come to this ratty place to learn? They'd be better off somewhere else on another planet. The human race isn't the brightest...." He smiled at Kymin. "See, we can both be dreary." Felix blinked when Kymin asked about the attacks. He didn't want to talk about this, he really didn't. Kymin always seemed so scared when it was mentioned, so why bring it up. "About twelve years ago," he said quietly. He wasn't sure if Kymin wanted him to go into detail. The first village was located on the Eastern Border past the Vallies and Villages. It was quite a ways away. The Grassland Village. He'd heard stories, but he'd never thought he'd witness it first hand.

"The white soul can't protect you forever and the Flower will soon wither. The dragon knows the truth, and when the spirit of the water strikes it deal, darkness will rise and humanity will weep." ~Uriyuu
Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 pm

"Well, it's not that they don't mean anything," he pondered aloud. "The color just proves they exist," he said with a half frown. He wasn't sure how to explain it. "To be honest, you're right, it's nothing epic." He chuckled. "They just happened to cross into this plane of existence. They fade after a while, whether they find a host or not, so they don't have time to go find somewhere else to inhabit." Wait, this was all starting to make sense. Too much sense. His mind was reeling. Twelve years. He was ten when it started. How much longer before that had Batsu been around? It took hundreds, maybe even thousands of years for a soul to fade on its own. And Batsu was colorless. What if that soul so badly wanted to exist that it forced itself into being? Forced itself to find a host? Taking over someone else's body and turning it into that thing? Its only purpose to keep the same thing from happening to other souls. Could a soul have a purpose other than to learn? Could a soul learn without a host? Weren't they just supposed to wander until they found one, not knowing the ways of the world until they did? Kymin's face paled. He felt sick. How many more souls had tried to force themselves into existing? How many more were suffering like Batsu? He could tell, looking back on it, that the creature was trying so hard to exist. It was why he had to eat souls, to keep himself from disappearing. It all made sense. Kymin let go of Felix's hand and instead took a hold of Felix's arm to stay steady. It was like everything was spinning, and he was glad that the hotel was in sight. "Let's hurry up. I need to sit down," he said hoarsely.

Last edited by Kymin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 pm

"So, is that why immortals fade," he asked. "Because we live for too long and our souls can't take it?" He paused. "What about those who fade more-" He stopped when Kymin said hurry up. See, this was exactly why he didn't want to tell Kymin. He'd seen the other male pale and then the guy let go of his hand and took hold of his arm. Felix nodded and picked up his pace, wrapping an arm around Kymin to keep him steady. Felix was thankful they were on the first floor. Entering the hotel, he went to their room and guided Kymin to the bed. He set down the green eyed male and looked at him for a while before speaking. "What's wrong," he asked. "Do you need me to get you anything?" He took Vishnu out of Kymin's arms and put the puppy on the floor. "Go play," he told the German Shepard mix.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Kymin tried not to stumble as they went. He felt horribly dizzy. When Felix set him on the bed, he dropped his head into his hands, his elbows propped on his knees. "Ice water would be great..." he mumbled. "Or better yet, just an ice pack." If it was possible, he felt even hotter than usual. How could he explain something like this to Felix? He was having trouble wrapping his own head around it. He didn't even realize that Vishnu had walked away, only to go lay on the couch. Didn't care at the moment. "I-I don't know how to explain it...where to even begin," he mumbled, shaking his head.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Felix started towards the kitchen when Kymin said ice water, he did a U-turn when his lover changed his mind and said an icepack would work better. "Alright," he told him. "Give me a minute. In the meantime, lay down." He left the room and hurried to the front desk. Cynthia was gone and instead some guy was there, reading a newspaper. Felix blinked when he saw what was written on the header: Two Villages Massacred Within Days of Each Other, Culprit Still Not Found. Felix swallowed. "Excuse me, do you have any ice packs, my friend isn't feeling to great." The guy looked up and nodded. When he got up and went to the back, Felix snatched up the paper and read over it. "Two villages massacred within days of each other. Villagers are becoming uneasy with the attacks that are becoming more frequent since they first begin twelve years ago. Nearly a week ago the Village Hidden in the Wind was destroy and yesterday at midnight, nearly a three weeks journey away, the The Moonlight Valley was completely wiped out. Like all the previous villages, the bodies were missing their hearts and the villages were burned down. We're not sure if this is the doing of two or more suspects or a single shinobi." Felix dropped the paper. "I pray it's only one of them." He glanced at the guy as he came up with the ice pack. "Thanks," Felix said as he headed back to the room. He was not telling Kymin that another village had been destroyed. "Here," he said as he opened the door and handed the icepack to Kymin.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:04 am

Kymin didn't protest when Felix told him to lay down, doing so just before his love left the room. Even if he knew how Batsu came into being, what could he possibly do to help a creature that only wanted to exist? He didn't get it. Then again, maybe Batsu was trying to prevent the same thing from happening to other souls. In order to find out what the thing wanted, he would have to ask it himself. But two problems stood in his way: one, who was to even say Batsu would hear him out? And two...Kymin wasn't sure he'd be able to face the creature and ask even if he wanted to. The black haired ninja laid his arm over his face until Felix came back. Then he took the ice pack with a quiet "thanks" and put it over his forehead, laying back down. He was practically shaking. "I...think I-I'm starting to figure out how Batsu came to exist," he said after a few long moments. "And...I might...eventually have to go looking for it," he muttered quietly. Now he really was shaking. These were horrifying thoughts.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:01 am

Felix only nodded when Kymin said thanks and then he blinked and just starred at his lover who was shaking as he spoke. Felix didn't hesitate to protest. "Kymin that's suicide," he said. He didn't care how Batsu came to be, he just cared about Kymin. "If you go after that thing he'll kill you, and eat you soul. You said it yourself, without a soul you can't exist. I don't want to lose you." A pause. "You promised you'd stop playing the hero." He bowed his head as tears filled his eyes. Felix shook his head. "I know that this has something to do with your Clan, but....but you don't have to do this. Tell someone else to do it." Felix couldn't bear the thought of Kymin not being by his side. He'd actually started to get worried when Kymin said souls began to fade the longer the existed. Kymin was older than him, so how long would it be before his soul just gave up and gave in. That cause the tears to spill over. Felix turned his back and went over to start packing their bags. He couldn't deal with this right now, because all he could think about was losing Kymin to this thing or to time.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 am

Kymin was silent as Felix protested. He hated this. Hated that he had to choose between staying with Felix and saving others. Hated choosing. He hated choices, all choices. When he heard his love tell someone else to do it, he slowly sat up and put the ice pack to the side, only just in time to catch sight of the tears as they rolled down. That was right...he had promised Felix that. How could he forget so easily? He felt horrible. And sick. His stomach was churning at the thought of having to face Batsu. It was worse with the thought that they might encounter the being while traveling back to the Crested. He rose a hand to his neck, but only rubbed it rather than scratching at it. It was hard not to scratch it. The black haired ninja slowly got up and went behind Felix, wrapping his arms around the silver haired male's waist. "I'm sorry...it won't be anytime soon, but eventually I'll h..." He paused. "..I want to spend as much time with you as I possibly can Felix...though..." God this was hard to say. "We might have to hold off on having our daughter. I don't want to raise her in a world where that thing exists," he mumbled, pressing his face lightly into Felix's hair. He didn't want to do this, but he had to. It wasn't just to protect the souls that wandered around, but he had to protect his clan too. It was his duty. But he wasn't sure he could tell Felix something like that. The guy had been raised as a ninja, at least as far as Kymin was aware. Who knew if ninja could have the code of a samurai? "Maybe not this lifetime, and maybe not even next...but eventually I'm going to have to face up to it," he said sadly. He paused for a long moment. "I love you," he said quietly. "I don't want to see you hurt...I don't want to see you cry. And...I-I'm not going anywhere right now, okay? I'm going to stay with you for as long as I can, okay? Please don't cry..."
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Felix stopped packing when he felt Kymin's arms around his waist. He didn't turn to his green eyed lover though. Right now he couldn't face Kymin. Felix had never cried this much before. It was strange, the effect Kymin had on him. Felix's shoulder slumped when Kymin spoke. He was still going after Batsu. Why him, why not someone else? Blue eyes closed and the tears continue to run down his cheeks, even though Kymin had asked him not to cry. It wasn't fair. They were going to build a family together from scratch and now that dreams seemed nothing more that, a dream. Felix said nothing when Kymin told him he loved him. Felix had decided he'd only said that to make him feel better. It didn't. He just kept replaying the scene of Kymin bleeding out in that village. That thing was going to kill Kymin and then he'd have nothing. The one thing on this earth that Felix had found worth in was going to disappear without a trace. "I don't want to live in a worth where you don't exist," Felix mumbled as he turned to face the green eyed shinobi. "Kymin, it nearly killed you the first time, what makes you think that it won't finish the job next time? I don't understand why you're so intent on doing this alone, but...." Felix took a minute to calm himself. "....just know you don't have to do this alone." The silver haired shinobi backed away and went back to packing. He wasn't going to argue about this, because he too had things he had to take care of, and he wouldn't want Kymin to hold him back. Even with that being said, he wasn't going to support Kymin's suicide mission. No, because it hurt to think about losing him and Felix was tired of hurting.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Kymin wished Felix would look at him. Even though he didn't want to see his silver haired love cry, he still wanted to know that Felix understood, even if Kymin hadn't explained everything. His heart both sunk and fluttered at Felix's words. "I don't want to live in a world without you either...which is why I'm eventually going to have to go alone." He paused. Why hadn't it killed him the first time? He didn't really think about it. If Batsu only hated the Onihana and had no ulterior motives, it would have killed him. "It won't kill me next time, because he didn't the first time. I-I think...he might...want my help," he spoke, looking down. As much as he'd wanted Felix to look at him, now he wanted to bury his head into the guy's neck, which is exactly what he did. "It knew I wouldn't die from bleeding out, somehow..." No, he was just over thinking this. It sounded ridiculous even to him. And telling it to Felix...the guy would think he was risking his life over just a chance encounter.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Felix wanted to do what he usually did when he found himself in a sticky situation. He wanted to run. He didn't want to bear witness to what Kymin had to say. Batsu knew he wouldn't bleed out, sure it didn't. It also knew that Kinana would be there to help get them to a hospital. Kymin was fishing and it made Felix even more upset, but he didn't show it. Instead he wiped away his tears, put on a masks, let Kymin bury his face into his neck, and held the other male. "I know I can't stop you," Felix began. "And as much as it kills me not to, I won't try." He gave a small sigh. "Just don't go getting yourself killed. This entire thing started because you were looking for consistency, and I-I wanted stability. In the end, we both got what we wanted. Now it just seems like that was a false hope being engulfed in the darkness. Please don't let this thing destroy our dream."

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Now it was Kymin's turn to feel his eyes tearing up. Why had he been drafted into the Onihana? He found himself asking that question a lot, but never so much as now. None of this would have been happening if Master Yukari hadn't taken him in. But then, there was the other side to this double-edged sword. If he hadn't been taken in, he never would have met Felix. And if he hadn't been taken in, he would never have had a chance to set things right. "...I promise," he said after a few minutes. "If things get bad, I'll run. I'll make sure he won't be able to take me away from you," he mumbled into Felix's neck. This was a promise he was willing to make. A promise he would not break. He would not give up, and if Batsu did kill him, he'd make sure his soul escaped. But he would not let that monster take him away from Felix permanently. Kymin felt his tears get pulled into the fabric of his love's shirt, and bit his lip lightly to try to keep his breathing steady. He kept his arms around Felix's waist. "W-we still have time, it's not like this is happening any time soon," he said, pulling his head from Felix's neck to give the other male a small smile that was clearly trying to keep the tears back. "What we have isn't some dream or false reality. I won't let it be, okay? I won't let him destroy what we have. Trust me?" He didn't really mean for that last bit to sound like a question, but it had come out that way, and there was no taking it back now.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Trust him. Felix trusted Kymin, but he'd just made a promise he probably couldn't keep. He didn't want this to turn into a relationship of lies. "I trust you." Did he? Felix felt like he was fighting a battle he couldn't win. Was Batsu's sudden appearance Kyla's doing in a twisted sort of way. 12 years of that thing not getting near them and suddenly it pops up. Time didn't seem like something he had much of any more. "We should finish packing, Lain will be calling soon." He didn't want to talk about this anymore. He just wanted to push it to the back of his mind and act as if it had never happened. Life wasn't that easy.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Kymin looked a bit relieved when Felix said he trusted him. He would keep that promise he made, not like the one to the manager. She meant nothing to him anyways. Felix meant everything to him. He didn't want Felix to suffer, so he would keep his promise, no matter what he had to sacrifice to do so. When Felix said they should finish packing, Kymin paused for a moment before nodding. But instead of pulling away, he locked Felix in a soft, but passionate kiss. His way of trying to say things were going to be okay.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Felix didn't feel like returning the kiss with passion. All he could think about was how every time something good happened, something terrible would follow. This had been going well with him and Serenity, then DK showed up. Things had been going well with him and Kana, and then she became immortal. Things had been going well with him and Kymin, and then Batsu appeared. There will never be a moment where I can just be happy and enjoy life. Happiness seems to be reserved for those who don't have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Felix pulled away from the kiss. The only way for it to stop is one of two things, death or kill Kyla. Felix closed his eyes for a moment. What would happen if he killed his maker? Would he die too? And what about Kana, would she be affected as well? Felix didn't want to think about it, but he wanted a break in life. Looks like we're going to be parting ways sooner than you think.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Kymin frowned lightly when Felix pulled away from the kiss and closed his eyes. Felix had never actually seriously pulled away from him before. He wasn't sure if he should be hurt or concerned. Or both. "I..." Kymin slowly unwrapped his arms from around his lover's waist. "You're right, we should pack in case she calls soon," he said quietly, going over to pick up some of his things from the bathroom.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Felix was glad Kymin left him to be. As he continued to pack his things, Felix started planning out how he was going to do this. Killing Kyla wouldn't be easy. She was a witch and his maker. If she wanted to kill him, he wouldn't put it past her. The water spirit would be able to help him, right? On the contrary, the last person who tried to kill her ended up dead. Then again, they weren't planning on killing her in the first place. Felix stopped mid-packing. What are you talking about? Someone tried to kill Kyla, when? The water spirit was silent in Felix's head. Felix sighed. He was sick of these half ass answers. Zipping up his bag he went into the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge of any food they'd had in there.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Kymin took the liberty of cleaning his and Felix's things out of the bathroom before going to put them into their bags. Without a word was how the green eyed male moved, at least until Felix opened the fridge. "Hey, toss me a beer?" he asked, looking over at his blue eyed love. Might as well, since there were only a couple left, and they wouldn't be able to refrigerate them on the way anyways. Since he was done putting his clothes and Vishnu's things in his bag, he zipped it up and stood up straight, looking around to make sure they weren't forgetting anything. Then he paused and nearly blushed. Right. The lube was still on the bedside table.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Felix was working just as silently as Kymin. It was only when the green eyed shinobi told him to give him a beer did Felix speak. "Here," he said. He waited until he had Kymin's attention and then tossed him one of the beers. Felix finished cleaning out the fridge and then took a beer of his own. He sat against the cabinets and opened the beer with his head down. He took a sip and let out a sigh. At this rate he was going to become an alcoholic. He just couldn't wrap his head around the issue. Too much stuff was going on at once. He wanted to tell Kymin that they should split ways now, to save themselves the trouble of any more heartache, because the way things were going, neither one of them would probably make it out alive. Kymin going after Batsu was suicide, and him going after Kyla was as close to suicide as he would ever get. Felix downed his beer unreasonably fast at the thought and then smiled. At least I'd be able to rest. That was all the comfort he could find in death. He opened another beer and then started on it. And if Kymin dies at the hands of Batsu, but his soul survives, maybe he'll forget me. In the end he'll always have Kana. He found comfort in that as well, knowing Kymin would still have consistency. Yeah, things would work out whether the silver haired shinobi survived this ordeal or not. I'd better apologize to Serenity first. Let her know that her own pain and suffering will end as well. Let her know that I did love her. And Kana, I should let her know that she's not useless and that she should take good care of Kymin. Felix looked down at his beer, it was half empty. It was good while it lasted.

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 pm

"Thanks," he said, catching the beer in one hand before he cracked the cap off. He took a drink that even he considered a bit large for one go, before putting the lube into his own bag way at the bottom. Just in case. Hey, you never knew who might open your bag. After that he just sat on the bed with his gaze down. He was an idiot. He could have waited to tell Felix or not told him at all. But that would have been cruel, because he would have had to go eventually. Maybe it was better that he'd gotten it out of the way now. He looked up when he heard Felix open another beer. His shoulders slumped a bit and his heart dropped. Maybe asking for a beer hadn't been such a great idea, because that had opened the door to drinking just as many as either of them wanted, even though there'd only been three left. Felix wasn't such a lightweight that only two beers would get him going, right?
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batsu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Felix didn't want beers, nopes, he wanted something stronger. He downed the second beer then got up. He was going to faithfully spend these next few days with Kymin and then leave once they had Kana. He'd use it as an excuse. Hell, he might even tell Kymin that he had to leave now that he knew Kana was out of harms way. He didn't know how he was going to separate from his lover, but he would eventually. Felix picked up his bag, went over to Kymin and gave him a kiss. "Stop looking so sad, we're going home," he said. "Aren't we supposed to making the best of the time we have left together?"

Batsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 pm

The black haired male blinked when Felix gave him a kiss, but he couldn't bring himself to smile. He only looked down. "I shouldn't have even brought that up...I'm such an idiot," he mumbled. There weren't many things in life that Kymin regretted, but this was special. He'd already been so afraid of leaving the village because of Batsu, but now he had to worry about his and Felix's relationship as well? He wanted to cry again, but he forced himself not to. He was good at that, and unfortunately so.
Cross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top