Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Reprieve

2 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

A Quick Reprieve - Page 13 Empty Re: A Quick Reprieve

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 am

Kymin frowned when he heard the running water, but after a moment concluded that he was over reacting. After all, they couldn't have sex every waking minute of every waking day, right? Then again, after that romantic evening the night before, it made Kymin wonder if he'd left Felix wanting more then as well. God damn it... He smiled lightly when Felix suggested that they finish watching the show, and nodded. "Sounds like a plan. I'm gonna grab a beer, want one?" He was starting to realize that they'd been wasting beers lately. They'd only had a beer each the night before, leaving four full bottles left in the fridge.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 am

Felix didn't really want a beer. He'd come to the conclusion that Kymin was turning his life around way too much. As much as he loved the black haired man, Felix still had to retain some part of himself. Then again, hadn't he been trying to change from his old life. "Um, sure," he finally responded as he sat on the bed. He laid down on his stomach near the foot of the bed. The show was back on by now, so he didn't have to find a way to distract him from Kymin, but all the while Felix was asking himself a very disturbing question. Who am I? He knew he was a ninja, and that he'd once been mortal, but most of his life had been spent living a lie. "Hey Kymin, when you're reborn, do you ever feel like a different person? Kind of like you're missing a part of yourself?" So it had been out of the blue, but that was okay. He could chalk it up to be something different.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 am

Kymin nodded when Felix said sure, going over to the fridge and grabbing two beers. He handed one to the other male before opening his own. He moved to the other side of the bed so that he could lay down next to Felix. He laid on his stomach as well, looking up at the TV until his lover asked a random question. "Hm?....ah, well....yeah, I guess. Every time I'm reborn, my thoughts never start out the same, so it's like...well, I guess, I do start off as a completely different person. It's...unnerving, when I think about it," he said, giving a half frown before realizing something. "You okay?" he asked. There was a pause before he spoke again. "You startin to feel like being around me is changing you?" he asked, giving a soft smile.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 am

Felix blinked. So being reborn meant starting out completely knew. He'd love to have a clean slate. When Kymin asked him the last question he gave a small chuckle. "Kind of," he said honestly. "But I'm kind of looking for a change, so it's fine with me." Felix wanted to be able to tell Kymin everything, but he wasn't sure if that was a good idea. He wouldn't be able to explain it. He was trying to change, but he didn't know what he was changing from. He opened his beer and drank a bit. "I guess I'm just looking for a place to start over. A lot of stuff happened between the time you were gone and came back. Before I wasn't r-" He stopped and smiled. "Never mind, I'm rambling. We're supposed to be watching the movie." Felix really wanted some guidance, but he didn't want to rely on Kymin because Kymin probably didn't have the answer to his problems. That and he didn't want Kymin feeling obligated to give him an answer that would want instead of the answer he needed.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 am

Kymin smiled when he realized that he'd hit the nail on the head. Then again, his guess hadn't really been much of a stretch, if he thought about it. If he'd have been wrong, he would have been a bit surprised. He was curious now though, about this change Felix wanted, and if he himself was really the best person to help implement that change. It seemed to him like he'd just be introducing his silver haired companion to more bad habits than good ones. "Before you weren't...?" he trailed, slowly repeating what Felix had said, a note of curiosity slipping into his voice. Ah, so maybe he was prying a little. He couldn't help that he was curious. "You're a lot more important to me than some movie," he smiled. Did Felix actually want to talk to him about this, or had he really just been rambling?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am

Felix was silent for a moment. He wondered if Kymin was just saying that to say that. Felix knew that Kymin could be curious, so what if this was curiosity. "I don't know how to explain it," he began. "I just...recently I got my memories back from when before I was an immortal. I wasn't like how I was when you met me in the Rock. Back then, when I was mortal, you'd think I was the evil twin, the really evil twin. From immortality up until a few years after leaving the Rock I was something cold and inhuman. Now that I have my memories, I don't want to be that person, because it's not who I am, but...." Felix sighed. This was complicated. He didn't know what kind of answer he was looking for. Maybe he just wanted to get this off his chest.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 am

When Felix started talking, Kymin turned on his side to face the other male, using his elbow to prop himself up as he listened. He was quiet for only a moment after the other male stopped speaking. "Let me tell you a story, kay?" Just so that the two of them were focused, Kymin took the remote and turned down the TV's volume before continuing. "There's a soul, you see, bound to this planet due to a series of events that could only be deemed coincidental. Every seventy-five years after the host of this soul dies, it's reborn." Kymin rolled onto his back as he spoke, holding his beer in one hand resting on his chest, his green eyes staring up at the ceiling. "In its first life its host became a samurai, whose only purpose was to protect its clan. Its second life was no better. During its third life, it fell in love, and started forgetting the loyalty that it had fought so hard to hold onto. Love makes you do some crazy things," he said with a smile and a shrug. "Lives passed by the soul, and it stopped being able to fall in love. Eventually it forgot its loyalty to its clan altogether and left. During that life, it did very horrible things. Bare with me now, this story has a point," he smiled, glancing at Felix, before returning his gaze to the ceiling. "As you can imagine, the clan wasn't too happy about one of its souls going off on its own, abandoning the very people who continuously gave it life, gave it a purpose to exist. After that life, the soul was continuously given hardship after hardship for it's transgressions, never allowed for a moment to forget the worst parts of its previous lives." There was a pause. "Now, it's not until around the eighteenth birthday of the souls new life, that it starts remembering these old memories clearly. Starts remembering, that each life it had been a different person. It's rare that a soul tries to hold on to one personality, but when it's forced to remember all the people it's hurt and all the bad things it's done, it starts becoming a rather tranquil entity, as you might expect. But of course, the clan didn't stop there. They wanted to make sure something like that didn't happen again, so they would briefly show the soul the happiest moments of its past lives, and then take them away, leaving the soul missing its most important pieces for a long while, until they believe that enough good has been done to make amends." He paused for a few long moments. He'd almost forgotten where he'd been going with this. "My point is, that soul would do anything to make up for the bad things it's done in the past to get back to those good memories. Including change into something it'd never thought it was. Nobody wants to be seen as a monster, and to look back at the person you were before you were immortal and feel like that was the real you might not just be so." He paused and scratched his head in what seemed like irritation. "Do you get what I'm trying to say? Who you were before you were immortal might not have been you, just like who you turned into after you became immortal probably wasn't you either. Who you are..." Another pause and a small, almost exasperated sigh. "Who you are isn't the past. Who you are has nothing to do with the past unless you want it to be so." Kymin fell silent with a half frown on his face that betrayed the small bit of confusion and frustration he felt before he propped himself up with his elbow so that he could take a long drink of his beer that had been left untouched during his story.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 am

Felix listened to the story, wondering where Kymin was going with this. It sounded like this soul had had a really rough time. Felix wanted to know if this story was fact or fiction. Maybe it was somebody Kymin knew, or maybe it was Kymin himself. Felix didn't want to spend too much time thinking about. He'd been without memories for so long that it was hard to imagine that even belonged to him. What if it was just another part of Kyla's scheme to make him go after Serenity. Felix closed his eyes at the thought. What if I never know the truth? He re-opened his eyes and looked to Kymin. He would give anything to undo the mistakes he'd made in his life. Maybe that was why he'd taken to building orphanages and taking in orphans and helping people whenever he could. "I get what you're saying," he said. "Thanks." He had been only twenty-three when he'd become immortal, so he had years to shape his personality. But after living so long, one would think this was the real him. A cold hearted monster who enjoyed the feel of being above everyone else. "My past doesn't define me," Felix spoke quietly. But I can't keep running away from it either. Eventually it'll catch up to me. "Thanks, I needed that," Felix said with a smile.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 am

Kymin let a soft smile cross over his face when Felix thanked him before it turned into a small grin. "Glad I could help, even if my help was a little bit long -winded," he joked lightly, rolling onto his side again to kiss the other male lightly. "Remember, if you need to talk, I'll always be right by your side to listen," he smiled happily. It took him briefly back a couple weeks ago when he'd first seen Felix's scars in the bathroom. That first night they'd spent together had been brilliant. And even though he was immensely curious about them, given his boyfriend's reaction to him having seen them, he wasn't sure he wanted to question them just yet. Grabbing the remote, he turned the TV back up a little bit. "And if there's anything you ever want to ask me," he added with a light shine in his eye. "I've got nothing to hide." Hey, they both got curious sometimes. So he was giving Felix the pass to ask whatever he wanted. After all, he really didn't have anything to hide. His silver haired love knew the worst of his transgressions, considering he'd been right there with him in the Servents. Or at least...most, of the worst of his transgressions.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 am

Felix wished he could be as open as Kymin, but he just couldn't. The things he'd done and said to people had turned him into some kind of monster. He was a walking disaster. Felix almost groaned at the thought. I want to change, he thought to himself. I want to change so that I never have to be that way again. I want to break free of Kyla and live my own life. It's what I'm trying to do now, but I have so much going for me right now. Kymin, Vishnu, a future kid. I don't want to give that all up. He really wanted to talk to Kymin now. Felix held back a sigh and looked to the TV, his eyes blank. "Thanks," Felix said. He wasn't sure if he was planning on talking again for a long time.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Kymin drank a bit more of his beer, glancing at Felix when the guy thanked him. "No problem," he smiled lightly, leaning over to kiss the other male on the cheek. He then turned to lay on his stomach, drinking the rest of his beer as the show went on. When it was about time for them to go meet Lain, he pushed himself up, giving a small glance at his empty bottle. He wasn't in the mood for another one, so he wasn't going to bring it up. "We should get our stuff together," he said, rubbing one hand up and down Felix's back with a small smile.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Felix hadn't really wanted a beer to began with, so he didn't bother with his, aside from a few sips. When Kymin said they should get ready to go Felix nodded and got up. His blue eyes blinking a few times he went over to his bag and retrieved it. "All set." He'd taken care to keep all his things together. Going over to the bed he picked up Vishnu. He wanted a chance to hold the puppy close. Most times Vishnu was with Kymin. Maybe he wasn't a very good parent. Felix smirked. "Yeah right, you're just a dog. If anything I'm just a horrible pet owner."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Getting off the bed, Kymin went over and put all his stuff in his bag, since most of it was together anyways. He slung it over his shoulder then looked around to see if they were missing anything. He smiled and took his bag off again before going to collect the candles from around the bathroom and the bedroom, putting them into his bag before swinging it over his shoulder again. "Okay, let's head out." He smiled when he saw Felix holding Vishnu, petting his silver haired love on the head as he passed by. "You're not a horrible boss, boyfriend, or pet owner, so get that through your head." Opening the door, he let Felix past before closing it and following him out to the lobby where he turned the key in. "To the gates!" he grinned, wrapping his arm around Felix's shoulders as they walked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Felix was glad he had Kymin for support. He sometimes felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Other times he felt like he just wanted someone to pity him. Why was he acting so pathetic? When they got outside Felix smiled. "You sir amuse me. Too the gates we go indeed." Felix was glad to have Kymin's arm around. H
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:59 pm

When they started closing in on the gates, Kymin felt like smacking himself in the head, but merely sighed and left his arm around Felix's shoulders. "We forgot to get a camera." He shook his head lightly. "First thing when we get back to the Crested, we're going straight to the store to buy a camera. We're not even going to stop home first, you hear?" he grinned, kissing Felix on the cheek again. Once they got to the gates, he saw that Lain and June were already there waiting for them. He blinked. "Are we late?"

Lain smiled and waved. "Morning. And no, I just got done a bit early, so I checked out and started for the gates. I didn't want to make you guys rush," she said, tugging at the end of her hat a little. "Are you guys all set to go?" she asked, petting June idly on the head. Kymin had always found it a bit funny how, while sitting, the German Shepard was literally half her height.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Felix across to Kymin when he sighed. "What's up?" When the other male replied about how they'd forgotten to purchase a camera Felix blinked. He didn't think it was that big of a deal. When Kymin started on about how it was going to be the first thing they did once they got back he shrugged. "Okay...." Felix looked down at the sleeping puppy in his arms. "I wonder if he secretly hopes onto the bed during the night." He smiled and then brought his gaze to Lain. "You're early." Once Lain explained that she'd finished her errands early he tilted his head. She was a different kind of girl. No girl in their right mind ever finished anything early. Had they picked a crazy one for Mori? Felix smirked. "We're all set, let's go home."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum