Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Around Reject

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All Around Reject - Page 2 Empty Re: All Around Reject

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:28 am

Liz turned her nose up. "Philosophical? Oh dear, do you think I should major in Philosophy instead," she asked with a feigned look of awe. She gave a silly laugh then covered her mouth as someone said 'ssh'. "Oops, sorry," she whispered. She flashed him a smile as he called her a goof. "Goof? I'd been waiting for that one." She would have jumped on his back and demanded a piggyback ride had they not been in the library. "You have writer's block, it happens to the best of us. All you need to do is hang out with me for a while and relax that overworked brain of yours." She then paused, raising an eyebrow. "Boreas Juuichi, did you just indirectly call me a distraction? If so, those are fighting words buddy." She raised her hands in boxing gesture before dropping the act and settling for a smile. "I missed you too." She had thought about him often over the years, always wanting to stop by and say hello, but too afraid to answer to his parents or him pushing her away. She had wanted to salvage their last memories in hopes that it would save their friendship when the time came. Standing here with him complaining about his hair, she felt like she'd made the right call. Yes, she would still regret her failure to keep in touch, but the old saying went: Distance makes the heart grow fonder. "You're more picky about your hair than me, " she teased and flipped her ponytail. "You'll always be my best friend Boreas. Who else was ballsy enough to defend my honor in the face of Igor." Okay, so the kid's name hadn't been Igor, but Todd and he was mean eighth grader who used to tug on her ponytail then Liz was still in sixth grade. No one had been willing to come to her aid whenever Igor...er, Todd had poured milk into her lap or pushed her off the swings during P.E. They all said he liked her, but Liz hadn't felt very liked, not by Igor...Todd, and definitely not by her so called friends. "Mother says it's not ladylike to flip people off, but you're really pushing it. One second of unladylike behavior won't kill anyone." She winked at him. "Boreas, you're not an anchor, you're the sails." She bounced over to him as he waved her along. Yeah, she definitely missed him.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

All Around Reject - Page 2 Empty Re: All Around Reject

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 am

"Darling, you can major in whatever you want to major in," Boreas chuckled. He never called anyone darling, but Liz was a special case. She was the only one he was willing to make an exception for. The brown haired male snickered quietly when his friend was shushed by somebody else in the library. "Overworked- Liz, have you seen my grades? Overworked is the last thing my brain is." He was joking, really. He honestly tried to do all the classwork but he just didn't understand any of it. "Fighting words? I figured being a distraction would be a compliment," he mused, keeping his voice low to avoid the same scolding Liz had gotten. Her smile and words warmed him, probably more than she would ever know. She'd missed him? He was probably being over dramatic, but he didn't think anybody had really cared enough to think on him. He was...very glad to be wrong. "Look, my hair is like precious silk, I can't have anyone messing it up," he huffed playfully. It was hard to keep a straight face while saying something like that. "I don't know about ballsy," he muttered, stooping down to pick up his notebook and pen. "I was just sick of watching him torment you day in and day out. And no one else was doing anything about it," he said with a shrug. He wouldn't take credit for taking care of Todd, codename Igor. Back then that kid had been about twice his size, but nobody else had been trying to stop him from picking on Liz. Eventually Boreas just got fed up with it and shoved the kid back. Todd had tripped backwards on a chair and hit his head, but it hadn't actually been anything serious. The guy'd only had a headache for the rest of the day and a nice little lump to go along with it. Defending Liz from him had gotten him his first detention. His parents hadn't been happy about it, but he wouldn't change what he'd done for anything. Todd had had it coming. "Hmhm, I don't think you have to worry about being unladylike.Your attitude is already super unladylike," he joked with a chuckle. His smile faded and he turned to look at Liz for a second after she spoke, opening his mouth to speak before closing it. He didn't know how to respond. She was just saying that. She had to be. Instead of speaking, Boreas just shook his head and started for the entrance to the library. He stopped when he saw a flyer sitting on the front checkout describing an open student job position in the library. The brown haired male glanced the flyer over before taking it and putting it into his notebook. He'd check it out another time. "Alright. Coffee."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum