Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orphanage Tour

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Orphanage Tour  - Page 2 Empty Re: Orphanage Tour

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Lain nodded happily when Mori asked if she'd slept okay. She wondered briefly what time the other two that Mori'd spoken of were supposed to come in. Only briefly, because the next moment a group of kids ran by, distracting her, and making her giggle lightly when they completely ignored Mori. "I'll be right back," she smiled, noting that June was looking impatient and pacing from her to the door. She gave a wave before walking out of the orphanage. It was a good chance to see the surrounding area too, which was exactly what she took advantage of. The two came back about ten minutes later. "'M back," she smiled, letting June in before shutting the door behind her. "Um, hey, when do the others come in?" she asked curiously.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Mori nodded when Lain said she'd be back. "See you later." Mori went back to playing with his pencil until the door opened again and Lain announced she was back. "Hey," he greeted. He then looked up when Lain asked where the others would get here. "One is already here," he said. He tilted his head. "Why, what's up," he asked as he leaned back in his chair. His ears flicked beneath his hat and he'd taken Lain's advice and wrapped his tail around his waist instead of covering it with a jutsu. It was fairly efficient.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Lain's expression brightened a bit when Mori said one was already there. She couldn't get her hopes up though, and looked off to the side a bit nervously when the male neko asked why. "Um...I was, er...wondering if y-you wanted to maybe go get breakfast with me," she asked, a small bit of blush on her face. She was generally a morning person, so breakfast was her favorite meal of the day bar none. Except for dinner, but only if fish was involved.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Well then, that was not what he'd been expecting at all. He'd thought she was going to ask for a continuation of the door. He had to keep from looking too surprised or acting too happy. "Yes," he said cheerfully. "I'd like to go to breakfast with you. Just let me go get the other caretaker." He stood up, happy his tail and ears were hidden or else they would be flicking and twitching. He went into the playroom and called for the woman he thought looked like a boarding school teacher. "Hey, can you watch the front desk, I'm going out. Thanks." He didn't even wait for a reply before heading out to the front. "Ready when you are," he said with a smile.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Lain turned her embarrassed gaze back to Mori when he said yes, smiling as the other neko got up and rushed out. She looked to June, petting the large dog until Mori came back, smiling at how eager the neko boy seemed to be. "I saw this little restaurant when I was taking June for a walk. You have to tell me if it's good or not before we go in though, okay?" she smiled, walking out of the building. "It's that one with the red flag out front," she said, walking towards it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Mori nodded and followed her out of the building. His brown eyes blinked as he adjusted to the morning light. Stretching he looked towards the red flag. "Nice pick," he said. "That's a pretty nice place to eat. You've really got a keen eye." He smiled and unwrapped his tail, letting it curled behind him in amusement. Last night had been pretty chill and now they were going to be breakfast. Talk about luck.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Lain smiled happily when he said that it was a good pick, her ears twitching lightly beneath her hat. Even out in the morning, where there were few people around, the brown haired girl kept her ears and tail hidden. It wasn't just kids she was worried about. "Thanks," she giggled lightly. When they got to the restaurant, and were seated, the first thing Lain ordered was apple juice.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Mori kept his tail close when they got into the restaurant. He didn't want some inattentive person treading over it. He looked to Lain and smiled once they were seated. He order a lemonade and crossed his arms over the table. "Man, you have no idea how happy I am to see another neko," he said. He smiled because he wanted to hide his embarrassment from being so direct. He hoped she wouldn't think him weird. They'd been doing pretty well so far. He looked at the table clothe and poked the fork lightly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 am

Lain was curious now, about something completely trivial. Lemonade for breakfast? That was interesting. She supposed any kind of fruity drink was okay for breakfast, except alcoholic ones. She tilted her head a bit when he spoke. "You've been looking for a long time?" she asked curiously. She'd been looking too, but not actively. She'd really been too occupied with trying to find a place to stay.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Mori was embarressed by the question. Had he been that obvious? He ears flattened beneathe his hat. "I...yeah," he answered. "But it's no big deal." He was trying make it seem like it was no big deal even though it was for him. Lain was his best chance at a life of happiness. He could have his own kids and everything would be good. He'd been feeling pretty down up until Lain showed up. Now he just felt like he could lift the world.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Lain smiled lightly at his embarrassment and kindly handed him a menu so he could pick out what he wanted. Lain already knew what she was getting. "Well I'm glad I ran into those two then, so you could find me," she smiled. "Or rather...I guess I'm the one who found you," she mused. She really had to stop thinking aloud. "Um." She paused, looking embarrassed about the question she was about to ask. She wasn't very sly with words, so she just came out with it. "Can I ask...why you were looking for another neko?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Mori was glad for the distraction of the menu. He used it to avert his attention from Lain's pretty face. He did however smile when the other neko spoke to him about how she was glad she'd been found but turned it around and said she'd found him. Mori then paused when Lain said asked her final question. He was quiet for a moment and then he went to speak. "I-I...well..." He didn't want to tell her the truth, but she deserved to know. "My parents won't accept anyone that's not a pureblood neko." He looked at the table and the table embarrassed and nervous.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Lain tilted her head when Mori was quiet and wondered if she'd asked a really personal question. Her reason for wanting to find more nekos was just so she wouldn't feel so alone. But maybe his was a bit more embarrassing. And it was. Lain blushed lightly and looked down at the table as well, but she gave a small smile nonetheless. "A-accept? You mean like...?" Lain didn't finish her sentence. She knew what he'd meant, and she found herself thoroughly embarrassed. "I'm not...I-I mean, I am, but..." Lain was quiet for a moment. It was odd to think that's why Mori had wanted to meet another neko, because unlike most girls, human or otherwise, Lain rarely thought about love or romance. She'd always been too busy with her art. Finally she took a breath to try and wipe the blush from her face. "S-sorry, I just wasn't expecting...that," she apologized, smiling softly, even though she still looked embarrassed.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Mori kept his gaze on the table as Lain reacted to what he'd said. Once she'd put two and two together saying she got what he was saying, followed by what sounded like the beginning of rejection, Mori's tail dropped to the ground and his ears drooped underneath his hat. "You don't have to apologize," he said quietly. Lain was younger and probably had no intentions of anything more than dating, not a long term relationship. They had a seven year difference between them so it was only natural. He wasn't thrilled about the reaction, but he'd accept it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Lain felt bad when she saw Mori's reaction and nibbled on her lower lip nervously. "I didn't mean..." She paused. "I mean...I just...just met you and all, you know..? I'm not saying definitely not," she said, blushing heavily and turning her gaze to the side in embarrassment. Her ears were laying back under her hat, but one twitched nervously. She was grateful when the waiter came with their drinks to take their order. "Um, pancakes, please. With the strawberry and banana topping," she smiled, perking back up a bit as she sipped her apple juice and the waiter turned to Mori for his order. "And you sir?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Mori finally looked up and shook his head. "I-I know." He said. "I'm not asking you to just jump into something like this." His eyes shinned a bit. "That would just be weird and sort of...arranged." He kind of wished that the two shinobi that had brought her here would have filled her in. When the drinks came Mori took his and gazed down into the cup. "Just the fruit bowl." He liked fruit just as much as he liked fish and chicken. It would make him feel a bit better about this. He hadn't been completely shot down and he expected this, so yeah.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum