Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest Hour

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Darkest Hour  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Darkest Hour

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:41 pm

"No, I don't think I will." Kinaga listened to Tobias and then watched him leave the room like a wounded dog. That's exactly what the guy was, after all. He seriously believed that he owned Marius. Even after Tobias left it made Kinaga's blood boil to think about. But instead of continuing to let the anger consume him, he sat down in the nearest chair with a heavy sigh. "Thank you. Thank you both so much," he said, looking to Roy and Serena.

Serena shook her head and sat next to Kinaga. "Hey, come on. We're not gonna let an asshole like that near Marius, no way. I mean, we may have only known you guys for a short amount of time, but we're not terrible people." She looked to Roy. "Nice hit. How's your hand, by the way?" She knew how Roy got when he was pissed off, and Tobias had gotten away easy. Very easy. The purple haired girl looked back to Kinaga when she heard him give a small sigh. "Look, the guy's clearly all talk. He's not coming back, trust me."

Kinaga wasn't sure he believed that, but he nodded nonetheless. He just...wished Marius had never gotten involved with a guy like Tobias. The man was a complete sociopath. And Kinaga couldn't be with Marius at every given moment, so there was no real way to keep Tobias away from him. And Kinaga already knew that he couldn't trust Marius's own willpower to tell Tobias that he had to leave. Blue eyes looked over to Marius. How long would it be until this happened again..?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 am

Roy shook his head lightly. "Serena's right. You two are our friends, no matter how short of a time we've know each other." Roy had it set in his mind that he'd kill the bastard if he ever touched Marius again. He turned away from the door and sat in the last avaliable chair. He looked at his hand when Serena asked about it. He gave a short laugh. "I should have hit him harder...." He sighed lightly and leaned back in his chair. His hand was hurting a bit though. It'd probably be bruised later, but he could care less. Black eyes glanced to the unconscious pink male then to Kinaga. He didn't know what to say to the guy. He wasn't that great with situations like this. He didn't wear his heart on his sleeve and a lot of the time all he could do was hold a person and tell them it'd be okay. He could be a shoulder to lean on, but other than that, he was at a loss. "I don't think Marius would approve...but a restraining order might be a good idea."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:17 am

"Yeah maybe," Serena said with a small smirk. Hell, she kinda wished that Roy had knocked a couple of that bastard's teeth loose. The purple haired female looked over to Kinaga. He didn't look amused at their banter. Serena knew that Kinaga wasn't a violent guy. Hell, he was the most gentle person she'd ever met. She wanted to find some way to comfort him. To hug him, or hold him against her, or reassure him somehow. But Kinaga had made it very clear that he didn't want anything but friendship with her. On one of the occasions when the two of them had just hung out, he'd told her why. She didn't blame him. Hell, she completely understood where he was coming from. It had sounded like he'd really loved his fiance. Especially considering how long he'd stayed faithful to her afterwards. For Serena, three years was a long time to be out of the dating game, and she wasn't sure she would have been able to live like that for so long, but...then again, she wasn't Kinaga.

"He wouldn't approve," Kinaga said, leaning forward and crossing his arms over his legs. "He'd probably fight it, and even if we could convince him to get a restraining order, he wouldn't want to enforce it. He doesn't have the will for that," he told them with a sigh. It was strange. Kinaga felt a bit calmer after those few moments of anger. He looked over to the pink haired male when Serena started gently rubbing his back. It still hurt like hell to see Marius like that, but...he knew that his best friend would be fine. He'd live. "I just don't know how to help him anymore...I don't know how to convince him that Tobias is horrible for him when he's just so infatuated with him." Kinaga gave a small sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey." Kinaga looked over to Serena when she spoke. "We can help. We all heard what that asshole said. That Marius was 'his'. I doubt Mar's going to like the idea of someone possessing him, right?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Roy had noticed the lack of amusement too, but he wasn't a pacifist, so he couldn't relate to Kinaga's distaste. It wasn't like he went around looking for trouble, it just happened that trouble found him sometimes. He was a fighter, but he didn't always raise his fist. Yeah, sometimes he fought first and asked questions later, but he could be reasonable. Roy ran a hand through his spiky brown hair. "It almost sounds like Stockholm's Syndrome, but I'm no doctor," he commented. "You don't think that Tobias was always like this to him, do you?" He really hoped now. "I get Marius is broken, he said as much when we first met that night, but I didn't think too much of it. I get not wanting to be an item after such a longstanding relationship." He respected that, which is why he didn't push the issue. "But Serena's right, this is a problem, a big one. Marius needs to see it though, or he's...." He trailed off. Marius was going to end up dead. That was it. Point blank. "He's not an object, he's a person and he needs to know as much." He crossed his arms.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 am

Kinaga nodded in agreement. "It sounds exactly like Stockholm's Syndrome, actually," he muttered. He glanced back to Marius. He knew the guy would be outcold for a good long while, but...he just wanted him to wake up. If only for a moment, so that Marius could at least know that he was there. So Marius could at least know that there were people here other than Tobias. People here that really cared about him. "I don't think so. I'd never seen this side of Tobias before. I knew the two of them for about the last two years or so of their relationship and...it had never been like this. At least...not to my knowledge..." Kinaga seemed to deflate at the thought. What if it had been like this and he'd just never noticed? Blue eyes glanced to Roy when he said that Marius had to see this as a problem, and then just trailed off. He knew what Roy had been about to say. Just the thought started making Kinaga sick to his stomach once more. He took a shaky breath before swallowing lightly. "Yeah...you're right..." He didn't know what else to say.

Serena looked between the two men and was quiet for a second. "Hey. How bout we go get him some flowers and a bear or something?" she asked suddenly, looking between the two of them.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 pm

That thought alone was worrisome. Roy would never allow anyone to take advantage of him like that. To see it happening to another human being got under his skin, but to see it happening to someone he knew really pissed him off. At least things hadn't always been this way. At least at some point or another they had been a good couple. "I wonder what changed." He didn't believe what Tobias had been spouting off. If Marius had really been head over heels, then why fuck it by messing around? He didn't get it, but he hadn't been there either. He looked to Serena when she spoke up. It was good she was here, because if not they might spend hours being gloomy until Marius woke up. "Sounds good to me," he said, rising to his feet.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Kinaga looked over to Serena when she made her suggestion. Flowers? He was sure Marius would appreciate the sentiment, but...Kinaga wasn't so sure that he wanted to leave Mar's side. He almost told them to go ahead without him, but instead he rise to his feet with a small nod. "Good idea. I think he'd appreciate it." When he woke up, that was. Kinaga looked to Marius and felt his chest tighten. Oh god, what if Marius didn't wake up? What if he fell into a coma? Marius would still be alive, but...Kinaga wouldn't have him around anymore. Not to talk to, or to goof off with. He wouldn't be able to listen to Marius bitch about some of the students or how he hated the curriculums the school tried to enforce. The blue haired male tensed and looked away from Marius, taking a deep breath. Marius wasn't going to die and he wasn't going to go into a coma. He had to stop thinking like that. It was foolish. The doctors said he would recover. Kinaga started out the hospital room once he caught Serena waving for him and Roy to come on.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:05 pm

"Then it's settled," Roy said as he started out of the room, following after Serena. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and walked a few paces behind her and off to the side. He wondered what kind of flowers they were going to get Marius. If it were solely up to him, he'd get the guy something wild and eccentric, something that stood out. Maybe something pink with a blue ribbon. "So, Kinaga, do you and Serena hang out much," he asked. He knew Serena could hear him, but he was just striking up some random conversation. Walking in silence was okay, but it was becoming a bit morbid. He didn't know Kinaga all that well, and he figured he might as well try and get to know the guy. Marius and he might not be a thing, but it looked like the four of them would have to stick together for a while.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:25 am

Kinaga walked with the other two silently, glancing around as they moved along. He hated hospitals so much. He'd spent so many months going to the hospital with Shisu, trip after trip until she finally wasn't even allowed to leave anymore. This place brought back memories that he didn't want. He loved Shisu in every which way, even the memory of her when she'd been sick, but...she hadn't wanted him to remember her like that, and honestly, he wasn't sure he wanted to remember seeing her so weak and fragile. He wanted to remember picking flowers with her and going to the beach and seeing her smile and laugh without a care in the world. He wanted to remember the trips to the deserts with her, and how she laughed when he got way too excited over seeing the architecture and dig sites. The blue haired male took a shaky breath and had to try not to tear up again. He missed her so much. Right then, Kinaga promised himself that once Marius got back on his feet, he was going to go visit Shisu's grave again. He hadn't visited her in such a long time. The whole summer, because he'd been out of the country, actually. Blue eyes turned to Roy when the other male addressed him, pulling him out of his memories. "Every once in a while," he answered, glancing to the purple haired female. "When I'm not too busy with work," he added with a slight tone of embarrassment leaking into his voice. He was trying so hard to keep his composure.

Serena looked from Roy, to Kinaga, and back to Roy again. She knew what he was doing and she appreciated the conversation. It would've been too quiet otherwise. Kinaga had told her about Shisu, and how he'd lost her from illness, but he'd never mentioned the countless hospital visits. "Which is hardly ever," she joked. "I think you're a workaholic, if I'm being plain," she said with a small grin. She'd seen the look on his face before Roy had started talking. She wanted to try to cheer him up a little. She didn't know what else was going on in that head of his, but it obviously wasn't anything good.

"I'm not a workaholic...I just have a lot of students," Kinaga muttered, putting his hands in his pockets as they went down the hall.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:29 pm

"Hmm, every once in a while you say? Well, Marius always tells me that you don't have a lot of students," he answered with a smirk. "He claims the same as Serena, that you're just a workaholic and that he has to beg you to go places with him." He clasped the guy lightly on the back. "But I'm not going to put you down, he also 'admits that you're good company.'" He smirked. "You know what, we should all go out to dinner sometime, or lunch. Not a date, just friends hanging out." The thing was, if Marius saw he had a good emotional support group, he'd be more likely to come to them instead of Tobias. That he just wanted them all to become a bit closer. He was born and raised in Roulette, but friends came and went like the seasons. He tended to pick up the stragglers and get them on their feet and before he knew it they were moving on. He didn't have an issue with it. At least he had Serena, and a couple others, like his coworkers and a few old classmates, and some guys from the clubs and bars he went to every so often. He had enough people to keep him content. His job took up a lot of his time anyway.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:39 am

Kinaga frowned lightly, a bit of embarrassment crossing his face. "I have more students than he does," he muttered. He knew the only reason was because his class wasn't optional, but still. "Now...that's not true," he complained lightly. "I ask him to go places every once in a while..." he mumbled, looking off to the side and rubbing the back of his neck. Blue eyes blinked and he nearly stumbled forward a step when the larger male clapped him on the back. "Well that's good to know," he said with a light smile. When Roy suggested them all having lunch, he had the odd feeling that it was a trap, considering he'd just told Roy that Marius didn't have to drag him to get him to go places. "I don't see why not. It could be fun," he told them. Why was he talking about going out to lunch and having with them when Marius wasn't even awake to agree with him on it?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:31 am

"Why is that," he asked curiously. His expression was curious. Marius never said anything about them having different sized classes, he'd just complained and droned on and on about how Kinaga worked too much. That he was married to his work for no reason. Roy had laughed it off, but now he wanted to know exactly what Kinaga's deal was. Work couldn't be everything to him, could it? "Every once in a while. I've only known him for a short while and he's pretty demanding," despite them not being a thing, "but you and I both know 'once in a while' won't cut it with him," Roy said with a laugh. "It will be fun, with Marius's goofiness and Serena's drop dead looks, we've got all the entertainment we need for lunch."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:56 am

Crap. Kinaga shrugged when Roy asked why it was that he had more students than Marius. "Well, my classes are mandatory is all. They're in the category of 'general education'. Marius's class is an elective, so students can choose between his class or a couple others, like physical education," he explained, glancing to Serena when she gave a small chuckle. "What?"

Serena waved her hand lightly. "Nothing, nothing." When Kinaga gave her a blank stare, she had to try not to laugh. "You just...get a bit long winded sometimes. It's cute." When Kinaga turned a bit red and looked off to the side, her smile widened a touch. When Roy mentioned her 'drop dead looks', Serena casually brushed her hair over her shoulder. "Roy honey, I have no idea what you're talking about," she teased.

Kinaga frowned lightly when Roy joked about Marius being demanding. It was true though. Maybe this was why Marius had gone and overdosed and ended up in the back of some club. He just hadn't been paying enough attention to the pink haired male. God, he should have seen this coming, he was Marius's best friend for crying out loud! All over again Kinaga felt that slight tug of anxiety rising up, and the panic that accompanied it. Gods he was such a horrible friend. He could have prevented this. He obviously hadn't been any kind of decent friend if Marius thought that he had to go and do something like that. If Marius felt like he couldn't talk to him about what was going on. When Roy joked about them having all the entertainment they needed with Serena and Marius there, he gave a half smile and a small chuckle in agreement. When Serena put her hand on his shoulder and stopped him with a concerned look on her face, he blinked and looked a bit confused. She'd said something before stopping him, but he hadn't quite caught it. "Huh?"

Serena's eyes grew a bit narrow in concern. Kinaga was pale as all hell. "Do you need to sit down? Are you okay?" He didn't look too good. Like, at all.

Kinaga grew more confused, but he still felt that tug. Was his facade crumbling? Could they see through him? Did he look at bad as he felt? What if they knew? "Uh...no, I'm fine," he lied, blinking once.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:09 am

Roy smirked when Serena started laughing and then called Kinaga cute for his long winded explanations. Why was it that the two people that could have been potential matches for them decided to not date? He'd called Marius demanding, but he'd gladly give the pink haired male all the attention his little heart desired. He'd spoil the hell out of Marius just to see those ocean blue eyes brighten with happiness, to hear Marius laugh. The guy was so damn goofy, he could hardly be serious for more than a few moments. He was hoping Marius made a speedy recovery. He was going to take the guy somewhere nice, out of town, maybe even out of the country. He had some money saved up and it would be worth spending it for Marius. He smirked when Serena claimed she didn't know what he was talking about. "Don't play coy, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and if you don't, I sure do." He hesitated in his next step when Serena touched Kinaga's shoulder. The guy looked pale, but he kept walking, stopping a few paces ahead to give them some privacy.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:26 am

Serena frowned lightly. Yeah, no, she wasn't buying it. She knew a flat out lie when she saw one, and Kinaga wasn't even a good liar to begin with. "Do you wanna go back to Marius's room and sit down? Me and Roy can go grab the flowers and we'll be back before you know it."

Kinaga blinked. Oh no, she could see right through him. He swallowed lightly and shook his head. "N-no, it's okay. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" When Kinaga nodded in response, Serena gave him a small, reassuring smile. "Okay...but if you want to go back, just let me know. I don't think Marius will wake up before we're back, if that's what you're worried about," she told him lightly.

"Y-yeah...probably not," he responded, taking a breath before Serena let him start walking again, taking her hand off his shoulder. He glanced to Roy with a small smile, rubbing the side of his arm lightly. "Sorry about that." He wasn't going to make it through the night like this. He knew it already.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:38 am

Roy returned the smile that Kinaga gave him. He wasn't in any rush. He doubted Marius would be waking up any time soon and Tobias wouldn't be showing his face anytime soon. Personally he hoped the guy never showed up. He was willing to carry out his threat even though he knew the consequences would be severe. It was not a pleasant experience serving time, and just thinking about it bothered him beyond words. He shook his head when Kinaga apologized. "You're good man," he reassured the other before starting back towards their destination. He'd asked Serena about it later. He was sure Kinaga was just worried about Marius, so he didn't really think much on it. He didn't know that Kinaga had lost someone close to him. The black eyed male stopped when they got to the shop. He looked inside and then back to the other too. "This is it," he told them, looking over his shoulder. "Let's start our search," he said with a smirk. "You've known him the longest Kinaga, what would he like," Roy asked curiously.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:58 am

Kinaga walked next to them quietly, casting Roy a grateful smile when he said that it was fine. Once they got to the shop, the blue haired male looked around. There were so many different types of flowers. You'd think that they'd wandered into a flower shop instead of a gift shop. There was only one other person in her and they were the one running the counter. There were teddy bears and stuffed elephants and other types of stuffed toys lining the counters as well. "Oh, um," he started when Roy addressed him. "He likes daisies. There was a specific kind. Gerbera Daisies, I think." Kinaga glanced around. "His favorite color is yellow, so...anything yellow he'd like, I think," he told the others with a small smile. "Let's go find a couple things and then...meet back?" he suggested, glancing between Serena and Roy.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:12 am

Roy blinked. He would not have remembered such details, for anyone.... "Daises, got it." He looked to Serena then Kinaga and then started off. He could manage to find yellow daisies. It shouldn't be too hard to do. Roy started searching, his expression placid. What did raises even look like? He hated flower shopping. He could never understand why people were so fascinated by a flower that would later die. He looked around the shop. So many flowers. He was going to find somethingyellow and call it a day.
He was however happy to know Marius favorite color. That was a plus. Marius had never told him, but now that he knew, he'd get the guy something. Yellow for sure. Maybe a shirt of a painting or whatever er Marius liked. He didn't really know.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:55 am

Kinaga looked around the shop. Serena had opted to keep him within her line of sight. He'd noticed, but he wasn't going to say anything. If she was worried about him...Kinaga nearly sighed. He didn't want anyone to be worried about him. Especially now, when Marius was the one who really needed their concern. The blue haired male pretended he didn't notice that Serena was watching him and continued looking. He found yellow daisies, but they weren't the specific type that Marius claimed were his favorites. He couldn't find the specific kind in the section he was, so instead he went back out to the front to meet the others.

Serena kept an eye on Kinaga as they went through the store, all the while trying to find something that Marius might like. She ended up finding an adorable looking stuffed elephant with big blue eyes. She knew that Kinaga had said that Marius would like anything yellow, but she didn't want his room to be filled with nothing but yellow. That would be a bit much, wouldn't it? Once she found the elephant, she pretended to continue looking while Kinaga found what he was looking for. She couldn't help that she was worried about him. He'd looked so pale earlier. She knew that they were supposed to be worrying about Marius, but he was outcold and in stable condition for now. Kinaga was alive, awake, and...probably not doing too well with all this from the looks of things. Meeting Kinaga back where they were supposed to meet, the purple haired woman gave him a soft smile. "You find something?"

Kinaga held up the flowers and smiled lightly. "I think he'll like these." When Serena held up the elephant like a child showing their parent, he chuckled softly. "I think he'll like that too."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Roy decided to give up on the daises and instead got Marius a silly little card that would put a smile on the guy's face and a few balloons. He started back towards the front, pausing briefly when he saw Kinaga and Serena talking. Wouldn't they just be adorable together, he thought with a big smirk. He finally approached the two of them. "All set," he asked. He looked at the elephant that Serena held in her hands and chuckled lightly. "You look like a little kid," he told her. "I got a card and balloons," he told them. They were pink and blue balloons and on the front of the card it said, 'Hey buddy, I see you're stuck in the hospital, but....' and the inside read, 'But I'll sneak you some drinks or we can just bust out of here.' A big winky face was off to the side with arms holding drinks.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Kinaga looked over to Roy as he approached, looking at the card as the other male showed it. He glanced over the front then read the inside. The card coaxed an actual light laugh out of the blue haired male before he handed it to Serena to read. "I think he'll get a kick out of that," he said lightly. That was an interesting card. He'd seen a few like it before, but never in a hospital setting. Mostly they were from Marius getting him silly card for his birthday just to make him laugh. "I found him some daisies. Think I'll grab a vase for them too," he mentioned offhandedly, looking around before walking over to a shelf and picking a vase off, popping the flowers into it. "There we go," he mumbled, returning to the others. "I'm all set," he said with a small nod. He was trying not to look and act like so much of a wreck. Usually he was good at hiding it, but...this was really getting to him. He'd almost lost Marius. He'd almost lost his best friend. He'd already lost his other best friend, the love of his life. He couldn't bear to lose Marius too.

Serena grinned when Roy came over and told her she looked like a child. "Psh, whatever. I think he'll love the flowers by the way," she told Kinaga. Once he handed her the card, she looked at it and read it as well, snickering once she was done. "Niiiice." She watched Kinaga go pick out a vase and nodded when he came back. "Alright then, let's check out," she said, skipping over to the checkout line.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Roy gave a small smile as Kinaga managed a laugh. He didn't think it was possible to get the guy to do anything but sulk with Marius in such a condition. He nodded approvingly at the flowers and vase. Roy wasn't the type to get emotional. It was a waste of time and didn't help those in trouble. He'd learned that lesson at a young age. Childhood hadn't been fun for him, but it might have helped a lot of people he cared about in the future. People like Serena and hopefully Marius. He ran his hand through his brown hair. Dealing with Marius and his problems might mean starting up anger management again. The thought was about as pleasant as stepping on a Lego. He followed Serena to checkout, his heart skipping a beat when nurses came rushing down the hallway. He had stopped believing in God when he was a teenager, but if there was a higher power, he silently prayed that they weren't going to Marius room.  He set the card on the table, looking around the shop idly, his gaze landing on a little kid who was trying to figure out some trinket. He gave a small smirk before looking back to the cashier.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:11 am

Kinaga followed the two over to the cash registers, holding the vase in between his hands with the yellow daisies sitting in it. He glanced around as Serena cashed out first. The blue haired male froze in place, his gaze on the hallway, when nurses rushed down it. If he hadn't been pale before, he was sure he was now. He tightened his grip on the vase just to ensure that he didn't accidentally drop it. Kinaga swallowed lightly, and for a moment, he felt like time slowed to a crawl. Where were those nurses headed? That was the direction of Mar's room. It was entirely possible they were going somewhere else, but what if they weren't? His blue eyes lingered on the hallway even after the nurses were gone, and he didn't hear any noises around him. He was acutely aware of the fact that his own breathing had stopped. Everything seemed still, and silent, until he felt a hand lightly touch his shoulder. Kinaga started and turned towards the person connected to the hand. Serena. He finally took a breath, and the world seemed to start moving again when the purple haired girl in front of him spoke.

"We're just waiting on you to cash out," she told him lightly. Serena had heard the hustle and bustle, but had purposely chosen to ignore it. Kinaga, on the other hand, had clearly done the opposite. She saw the blue haired male nod and looked to Roy with a frown. She had to talk to Roy alone at some point, but she didn't want to leave Kinaga alone either. She knew that he was shaken up by what was happening with Marius, and what had just happened with Tobias, but she was wondering if that was all that was going on inside that head of his. He seemed extraordinarily shaken, even though they knew Marius would wake up and be okay. Once Kinaga bought the flowers, she offered him a smile and waved for the two men to follow her on back to Marius' room.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:56 am

Roy followed behind like a good little trooper. He'd seen the look Serena had given him. She wanted to talk. The problem was doing it while Kinaga wasn't around. Fat chance of that ever happening. Kinaga probably wouldn't willingly leave Marius, even to use the bathroom. Even then they risked him overhearing. He decided to come up with a plan while they made their way back. He didn't even bat an eye when he saw the nurses rushing in and out of a room in an adjacent hallway. At least it wasn't Marius, with his pink hair and ocean blue eyes. That was how he chose to remember the silly male that taught home ec. Who would have thought that he'd be a teacher. Marius was so damn wild, but he was also tender and cautious and something else that Roy hadn't been able to place until now. Or maybe he'd confused caution with fear. It really pissed him off that he had missed it, and he wouldn't even use an excuse that Marius was just that good at hiding it. No, Roy had been too focused on how great Marius was in bed. He hadn't seen or maybe he hadn't care that there was that underlying current of compromised safety. He chewed the inside of his lip, something he didn't often do unless he was really thinking hard. Damn it all to hell. He was glad to see Marius was still as stable as it was going to get. He didn't bother taking a seat. He was feeling too restless for that, so instead he handed the card off to Serena and leaned against the wall. She'd make the gifts look pretty. Maybe he was being sexist, but she was a female and Marius liked pretty things.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:30 am

Serena immediately saw the relief wash over Kinaga when they saw where the nurses had went. She didn't say anything though. The walk back to the room was a quiet one. She didn't know what to say, and Roy wasn't always the best conversation starter. Besides, they all knew what each other was thinking. They'd all seen the nurses, and they'd all gotten at least a bit scared. The silence of the walk loomed over them, but to Serena it meant that at least in some way they might have been bonding. They were all worried over Marius.

Kinaga looked over his shoulder from the sugar and cream station next to the coffee machine when he heard running. He'd just picked up the two cups of coffee and was going to head back to the room and give one to Shisu. They had a lot to talk about. The medicine didn't seem to be doing its job, and it was clear that she was getting worse. She kept smiling though, and complaining about how terrible she looked with her head shaved as it was. Kinaga had to keep reassuring her that she was stunning no matter what hairstyle she had. That she was the most beautiful person he'd ever met. When he saw that there were doctors rushing down the hall, he stopped in his tracks. He heard something over the speakers calling them to a room three-oh-something. God no. Shisu's room was three-oh-five. Kinaga dropped the coffee and immediately started for Shisu's room. The doctors had disappeared down the hall, and that worried him. He didn't know where they had gone. He ran to Shisu's room, only to find her reading one of the magazines he'd brought her. There were no doctors in sight. Shisu saw him and frowned. "Hey, what's wrong Kinny?" Kinaga immediately made his way over to Shisu and wrapped her in a hug, holding her to him as if she would slip away if he let go. It would be a lie if he said he didn't think about the possibility of losing her to this sickness every single day. He was so scared of losing her. The blue haired male sunk to his knees beside the bed and kept his arms wrapped around Shisu's midsection. He felt her hand on the back of his head as he wept, running softly through his hair. "It's okay. We're gonna get through his," he heard her say. He could hear the smile in her voice. He didn't understand how she could have so much faith. But if she had that much faith...the least he could do is believe in her faith, and her strength. She was right. They would get through this.

Kinaga walked down the hall without a word. He hated this place. It made him panic. He didn't want to remember any of this. This was the place he'd lost her. This was the place where all the anxiety and panic and depression was born from. Blue eyes glanced back to Marius when they got into the room. He was still unconscious. Kinaga's shoulders fell and he went to go sit back down, putting the flowers on the table next to Marius' bed. He didn't have anything to say. He felt his stomach churning. He couldn't tell if it was from hunger or from straight nausea though.

Serena looked between the two men, blinking when Roy handed her his card. She snickered lightly, hoping to lighten the mood. "Yeah sure, make me decorate everything. Ya sexist a-hole," she chuckled, grabbing the balloons from him too. She noticed that Kinaga had already set his flowers down. Yeah, he looked extremely worse for wear. She wasn't sure if he would want to talk about it right now though, especially not with others around who didn't really know him that well. Others like Roy. Serena shook her head and went over to the side of the bed opposite of Kinaga and put the balloons on the other side table, and the stuffed elephant right next to them. Then she went over to Kinaga's side and propped the card up against the vases. She knelt down in front of the blue haired male and offered him a small smile. "Hey. You okay? Do you want me to get you some water or anything?" she asked softly. Water was better than nothing.

Kinaga blinked slowly and looked to the girl in front of her. "I...no thanks. I'm fine," he offered, forcing a light smile. That panic from earlier was still there. His chest still felt tight, like his heart had just stopped beating and was trying to implode on itself. He didn't know how much longer he could take being in this place.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum