Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Reprieve

2 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A Quick Reprieve - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Reprieve

Post by The Godfather Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Felix shrugged. "But I want to call you Kimmie all day everyday. In fact," he leaned forward with a devious grin. "When we role play, I think that'll be your name instead of Kymin." He licked his lips and then backed away. He then shook his head when Kymin spoke. "No, not really, I just figured you'd want to know what the J was." He hadn't thought of Kymin's distraction anything more than him being drawn to the waiter. He looked down at Vishnu. "Did you pick him out something to eat," he asked. Felix glanced around the restaurant. It really was busy.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Kymin shook his head when Felix said he wanted to call him Kimmie all the time, but stopped and blinked with a small blush when he added on that little extra at the end. The black haired ninja had truly hoped Felix had forgotten about the role playing. Great, did that mean he had to come up with a persona for that name too? As much as he enjoyed role playing, he was a bit out of practice. About two and a half centuries out of practice. The way Felix licked his lips made Kymin swallow. Not out of nervousness though. Moreso...anticipation. "Well I do now. So tell me what the J stands for." He glanced at the menu when Felix asked about what he was getting Vishnu. "Mmhm. I figured I'd get a couple small grilled fish as a side to mine, since he seems to like fish so much," he chuckled, petting Vishnu, who was looking around by standing up with his paws against the back of the booth's seat.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:54 pm

(I love Vishnu.)

Felix smiled at Vishnu's actions. He loved that pup. "How do you know that he likes fish," he asked. "Have you ever fed him fish?" He raised a brow. Kymin spent more time with the puppy, so he knew more than Felix, but Felix doubted fish was apart of that knowledge. He then sat back and smiled. "Well, the J just sounds good." He gave a small chuckle. "Unless you want to take it a step further and call her Izzy V. Kuriyama."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Kymin blinked when Felix asked if he'd ever fed fish to Vishnu. "...no. You did. When we first got him, and had the gyoza and fish," he reminded him with a smile. Under normal circumstances, he might've made fun of Felix for that, but he was still worried. Even if he was doing well in hiding it. Kymin tilted his head. "What would the V stand for then? You know, if her middle name is going to start with V, it should be Veronica," he smiled. Veronica was such a queenly name. He liked it. Of course it was just a suggestion, he really didn't have any idea what Felix was talking about when he'd mentioned the V.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 am

Felix blinked. He'd completely forgotten about that. "Oh...well then....you win this round." He gave a small sniffle and then looked down at the table. "Hmm, Veronica is nice, since I'm sure wouldn't be an appropriate girl name." He smiled. "Like Izzy being feminine for Izo. Veronica can be feminine for Vishnu." Of course the two didn't sound anything alike, but Kymin and him would know the meaning behind it. Felix looked up as the waiter brought their drinks. "Sorry for the wait sirs, are you ready to order?" Felix nodded. "Talapia with garlic and lemon."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am

Kymin smiled when Felix said he won that round. "Damn right I did." His smile brightened when Felix said Veronica was fine. "Hmhm. You know, you're pretty sly," he smiled. He looked at the waiter when the guy came over, nodding as well. "I"ll have the teriyaki glazed salmon with pineapple salsa, annd....grilled salmon," he said. "No spices on that last one please." He didn't want Vishnu ending up sick.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

"Whatever, I'll win the next one. You can bank on it." Felix looked back to Kymin when the waiter nodded and took off. "Just how am I sly," he asked. He blinked a moment later. "Do you think they don't have a no pet policy because of Kinana and Boyyo?" It was a joke, but he couldn't help but wonder. Stretching Felix crossed his arms over his chest. "You know, I like this. Us two and Vishnu. To be honest, I never thought I'd get this deep into a relationship, but I'm glad I did." He smirked. "You make eternity so much easier."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 am

"Mmhm, sure you will. Don't get your hopes up," he winked. "You're sly, because you're incorporating all our names into our daughter's. Okay, well, maybe sly's not the right word," he pondered. Kymin paused at Felix's question. "Hm, maybe. She doesn't strike me as the type of girl to take no for an answer. She probably pushed the issue til they caved," he grinned with a chuckle. That grin turned into a smile as Felix spoke. "Mmhm...this is nice. I...ah, I didn't think I'd ever get so involved either." There was a pause, and he turned his gaze to the table. He was afraid that what he was going to say next might sting a bit. "To be honest, I tried so hard not to fall for you," he said, biting the side of his cheek. "I didn't want to fall for someone again." He looked to Felix with a light smile. "I didn't think my clan would let me off the hook as easily as they did. But...I'm so glad I did fall for you. I wouldn't have it any other way," he smiled, his green eyes holding a mix of emotions. The most prominent was happiness, though.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:57 am

"Thoughtful seems like a good replacement for sly," he said with a small shrug. "You're right about that," he said in reference to the comment about Kinana. That girl was amazing despite her oddness. Felix would love to see how great of a ninja she was, because she had no doubts that she had skills. Okay, that really hurt. Felix looked down at the table. He couldn't be mad, or sad, even if that had hurt. He never had any intentions of falling for Kymin either. He however didn't look up when Kymin spoke of how he was glad he did fall for him. "Yeah, I'm glad you did too," he stated halfheartedly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 am

Kymin was quiet for a second after he saw Felix's face, and immediately knew he'd said something wrong. He hadn't meant to. An irrational fear quickly overtook him and he opened his mouth to speak, but for the first time in a very, very long time, found himself speechless, completely unable to form words. His eyes reflected his fear in that they'd gotten slightly wide. His face had paled a bit too. After a good twenty seconds, he finally forced something out, though his voice seemed almost cracked, hoarse. "I-I didn't..." He tried to swallow. "M-mean it l-like..." He hadn't meant to hurt Felix. And now that he had, he found himself unable to explain, or apologize. "I mean...I-I'm not supposed to..." He couldn't even finish a sentence. He couldn't explain to Felix why he didn't want to fall in love. He didn't know how to. After a moment, the black haired ninja fell silent and dropped his gaze to the table, giving up, his shoulders slumping a bit. He didn't remember the last time he felt so confused.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:17 am

(How about that time when you found out about those four years with Kana. >_>)

Felix glanced up at Kymin. He felt bad when he saw the fear in his lover's eyes. He quickly straightened up and waved his hands in front of him. "Oh no, don't apologize," he said. "I-I kind of felt the same way. It's mutual." He blinked. Wait, he'd loved someone else? Damn it, these holes in his memory were driving him insane. He then blinked. "What are you not supposed to do," he asked. What had Kymin meant by that? Felix wasn't sure he wanted to know. This morning had started off awesome and now it was taking a nosedive. He didn't want things to go downhill like this. "You know what," Felix said as he smiled and leaned across the table. "It doesn't matter. All that matters is what we have right now." He happily leaned a bit further so he could kiss Kymin. "I love you and I always will." Felix sat back and looked at the green eyed male. Kymin meant the world to him. He didn't care what had happened in the past. Didn't care who he'd loved and how madly in love he'd been. All that he cared about was the love he had for the man.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 am

(Shhhh)

Something told Kymin the other male was just saying that. Just to make him feel better. Something told Kymin he should be grateful. And he was. He was glad Felix wasn't mad. Glad Felix didn't walk out. He didn't know why he'd thought he would, though. The black haired male didn't answer immediately when his silver haired love asked what he wasn't supposed to do, and was relieved when Felix said nevermind. When he felt Felix kiss him, the gratitude in those green eyes was insurmountable. He wanted to talk about it, to explain, but not now. Not in such a public place. "Thank you," he said quietly. "I love you too. So much. So much more than is probably safe for my sanity," he joked, trying to get back to his old self. He liked seeing Felix smile. Didn't want to see him upset. He didn't like hurting the other male, or seeing him hurt. "But you know...I'd much rather be crazy in love with you than sane without you," he smiled, his eyes glowing lightly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

There we go, all better. And it was only going to get better from there. The waiter came back with their food. "Here you go sirs, enjoy." He placed their orders in front of them and then headed off to serve another table. Felix smiled and dug in. "Delicious," he mused. He hoped the water spirit wouldn't get offended, not that he cared. He wasn't changing his eating habits for nobody. "Sanity is unstable in this relationship," he said with a smirk. "Most nights we lose it."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 am

Kymin gave a small thanks when the waiter came over with their orders. He didn't realize how hungry he was. And then he realized. Felix was actually eating. He wasn't sure why he felt so relieved at realizing this, but he did. He put the plate next to him on the seat. "Vishnu," he said lightly. Not like the dog needed an invitation to dig in. As soon as Vishnu was eating, Kymin started on his. "...I like this place. We need to come back here again," he said with a nod. How could a village that's been around for less than a hundred years have such a great restaurant in it? It was impossible. The food was absolutely delicious. He wondered for a moment if they had cake. He wondered for another moment if they had time for cake. Kymin nearly choked on his food at what Felix said, but ended up swallowing it before he put his hand over his mouth and started laughing, trying to do so quietly. It was funny because it was true.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:58 am

"It is nice," he said. "And the food is delicious. We should come back indeed. When Kymin almost choked on his food, Felix went to say don't choke, but his brain immediately turned that into something inappropriate. He shook his head. "You okay," he asked. "I don't need for you to fall out. However, seeing that you're laughing, I will assume that you are okay." He waved his fork lightly before picking up his drink and taking a small sip. "Vishnu liking the fish," he asked. "Oh, by the way. We're going to have home cooked meals next go around. Eating out is fun and all, but cooking will be much more fun. You're better at cooking than me, so you can teach Izzy. It'll give us more time to spend together." In the back of his mind he came to an uneasy realization. When Kymin was gone, he'd still be around to watch Izzy grow up until she too was gone. He wasn't sure if he was prepared for that.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:07 am

(Awww...don't think sad thoughts Fe!)

"M-mhm," he nodded, wiping the corner of one of his eyes. He swore he almost started crying from laughing at that. "I'm fine," he said with a happy grin. He looked down at the puppy, who was still chowing down. "Sure is. Heh, I think we might've found his favorite snack. I swear he has the soul of a cat," he chuckled. Kymin looked back to Felix, tilting his head when the guy mentioned a 'next go around'. He wasn't sure what Felix was talking about until the other male mentioned Izzy. Oh. He wondered if Felix was just uncomfortable with saying next lifetime. "Hmhm, I like that. Family dinners will be nice, especially if we all helped to make it," he smiled, his green eyes glowing. He nearly got lost in thought imagining what their daughter would be like, but his stomach quickly reminded him that he had unfinished food in front of him. Smiling, Kymin started eating again, at a slower pace than before. His mind was in ten different places at once. He was getting a headache. "Ah. Can we get cake after this?" he asked, looking up at Felix hopefully.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 am

Blue eyes shinned. "Can you even see animal souls?" He looked down at Vishnu. "Hey kiddo, I'll cook you fish since," he cleared his throat. "Kimmie thinks it's your favorite snack." He glanced up at Kymin, trying not to laugh. "Oh no, I don't cook," he said. "So it'll be just you two. I'll be the guinea pig that samples everything." He started back onto his food, noticing Kymin had slowed his pace. He chuckled. "Why so slow," he asked. "It's okay you want to wolf everything down. You can order again." Felix was drinking his tea when Kymin asked about cake. "What?" It took Felix's mind to a minute to digest that. "You're such a kid...." He shook his head. "Sure Kymin, order some cake if they have it."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 am

Kymin nodded. "Souls are souls. They're only classified as animals if that happens to be the body they choose," he shrugged. He didn't mean to make it sound like it was so simple. He knew that Felix knew nothing about souls. He wouldn't mind teaching him though. Kymin had a piece of fish halfway to his mouth before he had to shoot Felix a small glare, blushing lightly. "Tch, come on man," he mumbled, eating his fish again. "I'm savoring the taste, because this is really good," he nodded. A lie. Well, not really, it was really good, but he was just trying to think. Clear his thoughts. Er...both. The black haired ninja tilted his head at Felix's expression, grinning when he was called a kid. His eyes shined when he was told he could order cake. "Sweet," he grinned. He was going to work on finishing his food so he could get cake now.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 am

"No pun intended," Felix said through narrow eyes after Kymin got all excited and said sweet. "And I don't believe you. The reason you really slowed down is because you noticed both me and...maybe Vishnu, aren't even halfway finished, while you on the other hand have no etiquette." Felix shook his head. "As for the souls," he gave a small sniffle. "It's not like I know anything about them. Don't speak so matter-of-factually without taking that into consideration." He pointed his fork at Kymin. "Rude, just plan rude." He looked to Vishnu. "Don't be rude like your mommy. She's got no manners. Be more like me and you can never go wrong."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

"All pun intended," he smiled happily. "Oh, look at that, you have me all figured out," he grinned jokingly. He didn't even notice that Felix wasn't halfway done, honestly. He'd just been really hungry, but eating so quickly wasn't normally like him. He had more class than that. Kymin didn't much know how to respond when Felix told him not to speak so matter-of-factly. So, he went with the route he was good at. "A-ah, sorry...I'll teach you about them, if you want," he offered kindly. Then he raised an eyebrow. "I'm rude? I'm not the one pointing eating utensils at their significant other," he said, straightening up a bit and going back to eating. "Don't listen to your daddy, Vishnu, he's the one with no manners at all." All the while the puppy was blissfully unaware of what they were saying and continued eating his fish. It made Kymin smile.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Felix shook his head. "You really are a child." Honestly he didn't care. Kymin was the best thing that had ever happened to him. That was all that mattered. Blue eyes shinned when Kymin apologized. "No need to apologize, even if you going 'A-ah' is cute." He then contemplated hia next answer. "It'd be pointless for me to learn because I can't see them, but I guess it wouldn't hurt." He then smiled and continued on his food. He was glad things were looking back up again.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 pm

"Nah, I just like being punny," he grinned. Okay, now he was purposely acting silly. Kymin's face turned a little red and he looked down in embarrassment when Felix mentioned his little speech impediment. "Sh-shut it." He never got mad when people teased him about that, only embarrassed, because it really was something he couldn't help. The black haired ninja paused in thought when Felix said it would be pointless, glancing at Vishnu before looking back to the table. "I could, ah...let you see them," he mumbled. "If you want," he shrugged. He kinda hoped that some day it would be misty out, and the souls colors would mix through the mist. It really was pretty. He wanted Felix to see it. But...maybe not now. Maybe in the hotel. Felix's eyes would have to take a few minutes to see things the way Kymin and the rest of his clan did.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

"You're an...." Felix trailed off. "Alright, be punny if that's what makes you happy," he said with a smile. Blue eyes shinned when Kymin turned red. "Hey, I may be pointing a fork at my significant other, but at least I don't tell him to shut up for no apparent reason. Besides, I said it was cute, that's a compliment." Felix then tilted his head. "What do you mean by that," he asked. To see souls? "I thought it was a Kekkei Genkai or something." Felix was curious now. He wondered if souls had specific shapes or something like that. Colors he knew that much from Kymin, but shapes. He'd always imagined them to be like small wisps or something located near the heart. Sometimes his imagination could run wild.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Kymin looked at Felix. "I'm a what?" Wait, did he want to know the answer to that? "Never mind. And I enjoy being punny. It makes normal people laugh, or at least chuckle," he teased. "It's not no apparent reason if you were making fun," he huffed, taking a drink of his water that he'd long forgotten about. He put the glass down and paused when Felix asked about it. "Er, it is, but...sometimes we have to explain it to the council, or someone else who needs to know, and we ended up making a jutsu for it," he explained. "So...it'd be possible for you to see them, at least for a little while. I mean...if you wanted," he shrugged.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:25 pm

"You're an adorable person," Felix said despite Kymin telling him never mind. "And I guess it wasn't for no apparent reason." He shrugged. "Someone who loves to make others smile is something I rarely come across. Hmm, interesting." He then smiled almost excitedly. "Oh, really? Use it then," he said. "I want to see what everyone's souls look like." His blue eyes glowed with a mixture of curiosity and excitement. Felix wasn't putting on a front. He wanted to know what Kymin saw on a daily basis.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum