Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village of Fallen Rains

2 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Village of Fallen Rains - Page 11 Empty Re: The Village of Fallen Rains

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 pm

(lmao, that one line just made my night.)

Felix got up when Syndryl told them to get to the other side. Felix walked over to Mekko and took the small girl by the hand. "Let's go." Mekko shook her head no. "Mekko, come on," Felix urged. "I'm not getting in that water," Mekko said firmly. Felix was too tired to argue with the girl, so he picked her up and started for the water. He looked at Serenity. "I don't have enough chakra to walk us all across the water, well have to swim." Mekko suddenly tightened her grip around Felix's neck, making the silver haired ninja frown. "Let's go before that thing realizes what we're doing." Felix slid into the water and started for land. Keep Mekko and himself up was proving to be a challenge, but he moved on, trying to ignore the sounds of the fight going on behind him, and the image of the creature in the sea with all of it's teeth and tentacles.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:04 pm

(Thought you might like that.)

Serenity swallowed when Syndryl told them to go to land. She knew what he was doing, but she didn't like it. Shaking her head, she followed after Felix, picking up the little girl's hat along the way. This thing was how this whole little thing here started? Serenity slid into the water as quietly as she could, swimming to land as well.

Syndryl, on the other hand, had to continue dodging tentacles, but his wings were growing tired. When he turned his gaze to Serenity and Felix and Mekko, a tentacle barely missed him, only for two more to shoot up from the water, also barely missing the dragon. When Syndryl paused next, the threw the sword blade first into the mouth of the creature. To his dismay, the beast didn't seem harmed. Only angrier. Thanks to his useless pause, one of the tentacles slammed into him again, once more sending him crashing into the side of the boat. One of the broken pieces of wood scraped against his side, leaving his skin ripped rather badly. I have to stop pissing that thing off...all I really need to do is bide my time until they make it to land... he thought, panting. Flinching, Syndryl pushed himself up once more, nearly dropping as he put too much pressure on his broken leg. Once more forcing his wings down, the dragon took off into the air, high up so that he could keep the thing's attention while staying out of range at the same time.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Felix had forgotten about Mekko's hat and was glad that Serenity had gotten it. Making it past the rocks, Felix started to sink lightly into the water, but something was keeping him from sinking too far into the water. When they made it to land, Felix dragged Mekko out of the water and then collapsed onto the ground in exhaustion. As he caught his breath, he looked at Serenity. "What are we going to do about him?" He asked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Serenity panted a bit when they finally got to land, sitting on the ground, and looking out to where Syndryl was. "I...don't know. I'm sure he has a plan though. He wouldn't...he wouldn't have done what he did without a plan..."

By the time Syndryl saw that the three were on land, his breaths were coming in heavy pants, and he was finding it incredibly hard to stay airborne. Looking down at the beast, the dragon had to wait until he had a clear shot, but found that there just weren't any. Not with eight tentacles waving around. Taking a breath, Syndryl flew downwards, avoiding the tentacles as best as he could. Of course, he couldn't avoid them all, but he at least managed to keep them from grabbing him. When he got close enough for a clear shot, Syndryl made one large white fire ball, cringing as his hand was burnt, before throwing it down into the mouth of the creature.

An ear shattering roar of pain filled the area, and the creature started flailing around wildly, taking out the remaining halves of the ship and striking Syndryl down into the water. The dragon was so exhausted that he had half a mind to stay in the water. Bringing himself to the surface with just the use of his hands, Syndryl flapped his wings down, bringing himself into the air and towards land as fast as he could, while the beast was still distracted. Only moments after he got over land, a pain shot through Syndryl's back, and the wings disappeared, dropping him to the ground. Unable to do anything more than pant, Syndryl laid on the ground in his human form, his head turned to the side as his eyes slowly started sliding closed. He was far too exhausted, and only hoped the Krakken couldn't reach them on land.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Mekko waited in silence until Syndryl had made it to land. Despite seeing his wings, the young girl ran over to the injured dragon with a look of concern on her face as she gave him a small push. "Don't die Papa," she pleaded. "Please don't die. We have to go home together for supper, remember?" She looked at Serenity and Felix. "Won't you help me take him home to Momma?"

Felix looked at Mekko as she asked if they would help take Syndryl home. Felix wondered what would happen when they left this place and the girl realized that Syndyrl was not her father, but a dragon. "We should go, now. The longer we stay here, the higher the risk of something else popping up," Felix said as he pulled himself to his feet and went over to Syndryl. It would have been a good idea to have Serenity heal him, but they couldn't waste any time.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Serenity also went over to Syndryl, but not nearly as quickly as the girl had run over to him. She almost felt bad for Mekko, thinking that was her father. She slowly helped Syndryl to his feet, but it didn't seem like he'd be able to walk much. Even as she'd lifted him, his eyes remained closed.

As Mekko ran over to him and shook him, Syndryl opened his eyes slightly. "Don't...worry. I'm fine Mekko...just...just tired," he told her quietly, closing his eyes again when Serenity came over. It would be hell trying to walk in his condition. If he could've, he would have flown them all to the entrance in his dragon form. But...he found himself even too exhausted to change back.

Serenity tried starting forward slowly with Syndryl, but remembered she had the girl's hat in her hand. Keeping a hold on Syndryl, she handed the hat to Mekko. "Here you go," she said lightly. "Let's get out of here," she told the girl. She then looked to Felix, and admitted, almost sheepishly "I could use a little help with him..he can barely move at all..."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 am

Felix would have loved to make a joke in order to lighten up the mood, but then again, now was not the time. Felix went over to Syndryl's other side to help keep him up, but the height difference was very apparent. Felix sighed. This was not going to work. Mekko happily put on her hat when Serenity handed it to her. "Everything's all better now," she whispered. A small pathway opened, revealing a valley of grass and flowers. At the edge of that valley was Zane who started for Felix with the scroll in his mouth. Felix was ever so happy to see the badger. "Where have you been," Felix asked as he rubbed his hands through Zane's fur. He looked to Syndryl with a grin. "Things are getting better." Ordering Zane to lie down, he helped the injured Syndryl onto the creature's back so that he wouldn't have to walk at all. "I guess that is our way out," he said to Serenity. "Let's get a move on."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:13 am

(Hehe, convenient.)

Serenity blinked and looked at the kid when she said that everything was all better. Then her eyes widened when there was suddenly light, and a beautiful path opened up to them. She helped Syndryl onto Zane as the badger suddenly reappeared with it's scroll. She was visibly relieved. Nodding when Felix said they should go, she followed after him. "Absolutely," she said quietly.

Syndryl was briefly aware of himself being moved, grinning lightly when Felix said things were getting better. "Bout time," he said weakly. He didn't protest to being moved, but flinched lightly when he was. "Hey kiddo. Bout time you came back", Syndryl communicated to Zane as he was laying down on the creature. It's fur was really soft. It wasn't long until Syndryl started drifting off into sleep.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Zane flicked his tiny ears when Syndryl spoke to him. Walking slowly, the badger started for the entrance. Mekko walked alongside him and Felix put the scroll into a secure place. Entering the field, Felix looked around. "Are we still in the Pass?" He asked. "I don't remember this being anywhere around my village." He looked at Serenity for an answer and then to Syndryl who was sleep. Felix couldn't help but smile.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Serenity walked beside the badger, glancing at Syndryl every now and then. She didn't want him falling off while they were walking. When she noticed that he'd fallen asleep, she smiled. It could've just been her, but he looked so harmless, sleeping on a giant badger like that. It was actually kinda cute.

Looking around the field, Serenity blinked at Felix's comment. "Well...maybe we came out of a different exit?" She then paused, and looked to the little girl. "Mekko, do you know if we're still in the Pass?" she asked softly. It didn't look like it, but Serenity was not about to let her guard down so easily.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:11 pm

(everyone thinks Syndryl is cute)

Mekko shook her head. "This is still the Pass," she said almost proudly. "This is the Land of New Beginnings." The little girl looked at Syndryl. "This is where it all starts....or ends." Mekko looked at Serenity and Felix. "It's not going to let us go. Someone has to stay." The young girl wiped a tear from her eyes. "Madness must always have a vessel. It's always been that way, and must continue to be that way." She looked at the ground. "I miss my Mommy." Felix's heart sunk. All this hardship, and they still couldn't get Mekko back. "We can't just leave her," Felix said somberly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:44 pm

(That's cuz he is!)

Somewhere in the back of his mind, Syndryl heard them all talking, but was too tired to either care or respond. However, the human whose consciousness still loomed within him would not let him off so easily. He figured that if anyone was going to stay, it would not be his little girl. Even so, Syndryl was too exhausted to stir, despite the humans constant talking.

Serenity swallowed when Mekko said that Madness had to have a vessel. She only shook her head at Felix's words. "We're not going to leave her. We'll find a way for all of us to get out," she told him, glancing at Syndryl. To think, if they had left him earlier like they had planned, he would have probably sacrificed himself to Madness for the little girl. Serenity felt terrible about that. Forgetting it for the moment, Serenity looked around, pausing when she saw what looked like a red light. No, two red lights. Almost like eyes. She took a step towards them. They looked like it's owner was standing next to a tree. They were...entrancing. "What in the world..." The eyes glowed brighter for a second and peered at Serenity, who then proceeded to lose consciousness, before they quickly disappeared.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Felix and Mekko both turned to see what Serenity was looking at. When they didn't see, they turned back to a fainting Serenity. Felix hurried and caught her, lowering her to the ground. "Ma'am? Hey, what happened?" Mekko answered his question. "Madness happened." Felix glared at the girl who backed away from him.

Madness had no form, but it's red eyes were very much visible. "Hello Serenity, girl who can save no one. Shall I offer you a chance to redeem yourself?" A red grin appeared where a mouth would have possibly been. "Do you wish to save someone? Maybe a child or two? Maybe even a dragon and a soul? Or maybe yourself?" Madness happily took the form of Serenity herself, only the eyes were different, for they were red.

(Weird, Felix's siggy has red eyes)
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Serenity was sure she had just fainted, but if that was so...why did she still feel conscious? She heard someone talking to her. That someone seemed voiceless, yet it still spoke to her. She looked around. Everything was dark around her. When Madness took form, a light came over the two of them, as if forcing Serenity to see what had just been summoned. She felt a cold wave wash over her as the thing changed shape to look like her. "I-I..." she felt as if her voice refused to be heard. Something was telling her to stay silent. "I just want to get us a-all out of here safely," she said, her voice cracking a bit in fear. She was all too aware of what this was speaking to her.

Syndryl shifted slightly on the badger, flinching a little. Even in his human form, even sleeping, he could feel the danger that radiated from the surrounding area. Once more his breathing became a slight bit heavier. This was wrong. He felt like he was being smothered with something nonexistent. Even the human's consciousness was quieting down at the feel of it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 pm

"You want to get all of you out of Kokuboro's Pass? Why not stay? Madness is not all that bad. You'll never feel pain or sadness ever again." The being stepped forward. "Wouldn't that be better than facing the reality of the world? Do you want the Silver Rabbit and the Dancing Girl to grow up in sadness? In a world that holds nothing but pain? There is no hope for either of them after all. And what of the Dragon, do you wish to see him die? If he leaves this place, he will do just that. I would know, for I know everything."

Zane was bristling ever so lightly where he stood. When Syndryl shifted, the badger went still. Mekko was looking around as if she were seeing something all around them, but Felix remained at Serenity side, trying to wake her. "Mekko, how do we get out of here?" He asked. The girl shook her head. "Someone has to stay behind, or no one gets to leave." Felix didn't like that answer so he shook Serenity. "Lady, if you don't get up I swear to all the spirits that I will drag you out of here!"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Serenity looked at the doppelganger as it tried to convince her to stay. She could only shake her head. "I...I can't stay in a place like this...th-there's no light...no people." She froze when it mentioned the kids. "N-no! They don't deserve to stay here, no one would!" She took a step back. "Isn't...isn't there another way for us all to leave here?" Her eyes saddened when Syndryl was mentioned. "No...h-he won't die...I give him some of my life, so-so he can't die." She shook her head. "I won't let him, not if he wants to stay alive." She was faintly aware of someone calling her, but not by name. She felt like even if she wanted to wake up, she couldn't do so.

Syndryl shifted again, slowly waking up. There was no way he could force himself to stay asleep in an atmosphere like this. But even moving hurt now. Between his burnt hands, his crushed leg, and his injured back, he was surprised that he managed to push himself up on the badger at all. Syndryl took a silent 'look' around, before freezing in place and swallowing. It felt like they were surrounded. But...by what, he couldn't tell.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Zane began to bristle once more before barring his fangs at whatever was around them. The badger had senses like any other animal that could tell when danger was around, but it didn't need to be an animal to feel this evil. Stepping back, the badger looked at Felix and gave the boy a small nudge, as if telling him they should leave. Felix would have gladly left too, had Serenity not be unconscious. A less tolerable side told him to leave the woman. She was dead weight. Felix knew better though. "Mekko, wh-what is this?" Mekko, having been a host to Madness was witnessing is all. The small girl stood frozen in fear. When Felix spoke to her, she responded after what seemed a lifetime. "This is Madness in it's truest form. Madness is everywhere and nowhere. We're in the heart of Madness." That was it, Felix was out of here. Standing up, he looked at Syndryl with a look that said it all. "I want to leave." Call him a coward, but Felix chose life over death.

"Who needs lights and people? I do not. You do not. She does not. He does not. They do not." Madness shifted out of Serenity's image. "Mekko did just fine without anyone." There was a slight pause when Mekko gave away what was going on. "Naughty child," he mused in the small girl's head. Looking at Serenity, Madness closed its eyes. "I require a vessel. I shall always have a vessel, that is how it must be. I have always had a vessel. Won't you free the girl from my grasp? Won't you save her, unlike how you failed to save your sister." There was that grin again. "Ohh, what about Jake. Ah, Jake, answer me something Little Birdie, does the silver haired child remind you of what you have lost?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Syndryl listened to Mekko speak of what was going on. He wasn't sure if he should be surprised that he'd been more fearful of the Sirens. Or if he should have been worried. When Felix spoke of how he wanted to leave, Syndryl took a breath, before sliding himself off Zane. He gripped the badger's fur lightly when he landed on his feet, closing his eyes in pain. After a moment, he backed away from the badger with heavy breaths. "I...can walk. J-just put her on Zane," he told Felix, panting slightly. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to keep up with them, but it would be just as well. He was useless to them in the condition he was in. And his 'dragon's pride' didn't like that very much.

Serenity could only shake her head when Madness tried convincing her to stay. It was relentless in it's efforts. "The child missed her family. Madness just covered that up with false feelings," she said cautiously. There was no way she was trying to set this thing off. That was not what she wanted. And then it mentioned her sister. "How do you...?" She couldn't help but take a step back. Was it reading her memories, or...? How did it know about Liora? Her face paled a shade when it mentioned Jake. Almost immediately her eyes began to tear up. There were few people out there who bore silver hair, so it was only natural that she would think of Jake when seeing that kid. Serenity's shoulders and gaze both dropped. This thing had known all along what had happened.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Felix sighed when Syndryl got of Zane. The young Shinobi shook his head. Turning to Mekko, he knelt down and gave a small smile. "It's time to go home Mekko, everything's going to be fine. You'll be able to see your Mommy again," Felix promised. Mekko looked at Felix with with round eyes. "You promise?" Felix nodded. "I never make a promise that I know I can't keep." Standing up, he pulled Zane's scroll from his bag and handed it to Syndryl. "You keep him, you'll need him, besides, he likes you," Felix said with a weak smile. He looked at Zane. "You are no longer mine, you understand." Felix rubbed the badger's head. "Syndryl needs you, so help him." Felix looked to Mekko. "Time to go." Felix looked at Serenity. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I'm sorry I didn't stop you when I knew I should have." Turning away, Felix took Mekko by the hand and started for what appeared to be the exit. "How can Madness exist in a place such as this, a place that looks so perfect. How can it be so out of place," Felix asked quietly.

(Felix/Mekko scene. If you can imagine the guy with silver hair.)

"How do I know about the deaths of those you most cared for. I am Madness, I know everything." A slight pause. "Now, I answered your question, so you must answer mine. Don't tear up like that, I can't have a weak vessel, I might deteriorate. Maybe I should find someone with a bit more will. Someone with courage. Yes, that would be the perfect vessel indeed."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Syndryl looked to Felix when he handed him the scroll that belonged to Zane. This was unexpected, to say the least. "I promise I'll get him back to you someday," he told Felix. He then paused, and looked down, seemingly towards Mekko. "I'll be home shortly after you, for supper, okay Mekko?" he said with a smile, then looked down, untying a small bag from his pants. "I found this on the ship while I was getting away. There's only three orb-like things in here, and a piece of paper. As you know, I can't exactly read what it says." He paused, then took out the paper and one of the orbs, handing them both to Felix. The orb was easily palm sized, and a pure white color. "I hope that little paper says something good," he said, with a small smile. On the paper said: One orb, one wish.

Serenity looked off to the side when it told her to stop crying. Her eyes widened when it mentioned something about someone with courage. It could have been talking about either Felix or Syndryl, neither of which she wanted harmed. She suddenly took a step forward. "Don't you go near any of them! Leave them out of this, they don't belong in a place like this!" Well, neither did she, really...but something had stirred in her, thanks to Madness's last statement. She wanted to protect them. Didn't want them to be hurt because of her.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Felix did not wish to part with Zane, so he was thankful when Syndryl said that he'd return him one day. Felix looked at the orb that Syndryl handed him and then he opened the paper. "You have one wish," Felix told Syndryl. "I know it's pointless to tell you this, but you should use it wisely." Felix gave the dragon a hug and then a hug to Zane. Mekko too gave Syndryl a hug. "Be careful Papa."

Madness had all the time in the world, and he was sure that Serenity did too. "Ah, an immortal for a vessel. That would be exciting." It gave a sly grin. "If you must get angry, get angry at your own weakness. I was just simply stating that someone who was stronger would be a good vessel. Why so sensitive?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 am

Syndryl blinked when he was told that he had one wish. It was funny...much of the time he'd been in this place, a nagging feeling of regret had come over him. Don't regret it. If it hadn't been you, then some other, less kind creature, would have come along. And I'd have never had this chance. The sound of the human's consciousness truly speaking to him was something that gave Syndryl a small surprise. The dragon nodded at Felix when he said to use the wish wisely. "You as well." He returned Felix's hug, and couldn't help but to give a small smile. Funny. So this is what humans were like. When Mekko came over to him, he used Zane to help lower him to a knee, so he could hug her back as well. "You too, kitten." Taking a breath, Syndryl slowly stood back up and looked to Zane. "Let's go get her," he told the badger, petting it lightly.

Serenity merely gave a light glare at Madness when it mentioned her immortality. "I'm not weak," she spat back. She knew she was, but she was just too hard-headed to admit it. "I'm plenty strong, don't play games with me," she said, standing her ground.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 am

"Madness does not play games," the dark being spoke. "In fact, games are very childish. Speaking of, I wonder where your little caravan is going. It looks as if they've given up on you. The dragon and the children are all leaving. Ah, looks like you'll be taking Mekko's place." A long pause. "Hey, how about this, I'll make a deal with you. Yes, a deal sounds nice, right? This place gets a little tiring, why not be my vessel and allow me to view the world? You can be free and travel as you please."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:16 am

Serenity seemed to freeze in place when it said it looked like everyone had given up and was leaving. Something in her told her not to listen to Madness, but something else was telling her different. They were leaving her? Alone, in a place like this? A sudden fear started washing over her. The blond's gaze turned to the being as it said it would make a deal with her. Even as it spoke, her mind was stuck on one thing. "They can't be leaving me," she said in disbelief. "Not here. Not alone."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 am

"And someone had just claimed they weren't weak. Haha, you humans amuse me as much as Syndryl does. How did a dragon end up contracting with a human anyway?" Madness stopped smiling as though he were disappointed. "Oh, and by the way, you're dead weight, that's what Jake's look alike said." Another pause. "Hey, do you think he's a reincarnation of Jake? There aren't many silver haired people in the world." Madness stepped closer.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next