Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Chaos: Part II

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Land of Chaos: Part II - Page 4 Empty Re: The Land of Chaos: Part II

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:55 pm

(Interesting indeed.)

DK nodded when Boreas told him to come on. "Coming." He then paused to wave goodbye to everyone before he took off down the hall to the elevator. He waited for Boreas before he pushed the button to the third floor. "I want jello," he said as he counted the numbers. When the elevator stopped he tapped his foot as he waited for the door to open. He then skipped down the hall to the room. He waited for Boreas to open the door and immedatly hoped onto the nearest bed. "It's so soft!" He smiled as he closed his eyes and relaxed. It'd been so long since he'd been in a bedroom. He was happy to be out of the Unknown.

Batsu was indeed hungry, so Cross's invitation to get anything he wanted from room service was nice. Hunter had decided to take the stairs and Batsu followed. When they got to the room, Batsu ordered a good amount of meat while Hunter showered. When the purple eyed male came out Batsu had finished off most of the plate. His eyes turned to Hunter as the guy took a seat on the bed. "Are you okay?"

Hunter blinked. "Um yeah," he answered. "I was just thinking about Serenity is all. I hope she's okay. The dragon she was with never woke up." He sighed. "There's just so much going on is all." Batsu nodded in agreement. "We can go look for her if you want," he offered. Hunter shrugged so Batsu fell silent. After a while he got up and went outside.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Boreas went over to the elevator, leaning against the wall with his hands on the railings, his orange eyes shifting around the small moving box they were trapped in. He didn't like elevators. He would take the stairs next time. This thing was making him claustrophobic. "Sure kid. Just check and see if they have it before you go calling them for it." Fara was sitting comfortably on his shoulder as the elevator moved. He shook his head lightly when the doors opened and DK skipped out. "Just how old are you really? I mean, how long have you been around?" Now that he noticed it, he was pretty hungry himself. He'd never felt hungry before. It had always been Jasper's feeling. He didn't know what food he liked either. He just knew what foods Jasper had liked. He guessed he'd start with that then. Once he opened the door to the room and walked in, his nose wrinkled a bit. It smelled more strongly of humans in the hallway, but the smell of this room wasn't pleasant to him either. Maybe it was just that he hated humans so much everything they touched stunk to him. Oh well. Since DK took the first bed, Boreas walked over to the second and allowed himself to fall back on it, his legs hanging off the edge. He closed his eyes for a moment. "This is pretty nice," he chuckled, stretching. Man was it cool to have a body.

Cross walked with Alice outside, finding somewhere where they could get food that the child would actually like. Despite her love for the outside world, she was a picky eater. Didn't like many kinds of vegetables, didn't like many kinds of meat, even finding cakes to her liking was a task. She was fine with most kinds of drinks, thankfully. Including coffee, which Cross found extremely odd. He didn't often let her have coffee though, not unless she begged, because she was hyper enough without it. He always ordered decaffeinated without her knowing though. She could never tell the difference. "What do you want to eat?" he asked, looking down at the child as she skipped next to him.

Black eyes shined as Alice looked up at Cross at his question. "Rice," she said with a nod and a smile. "And nuri. Rice with nuri." A pause. "Nuri on top of rice." She giggled happily when Cross gave a low sigh.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

DK sat on the bed for a few moments before he decided to get up and check the menu. "Jello....no...jello...no...Jel-Ah, there it is." He rolled of the bed and went to the phone and called for some jello. "Oh, did you want something Boreas?" His eyes were wide with curiosity. He waited for Boreas' answer before he placed the order and went over to the window. "Well, I've been around for a long time," he said with a shrug. "A lot longer than most of my kind, I mean my breed of dragon." He glanced at Boreas, his eyes a little sad. "Because I'm a moon creature, it takes me a lot longer to age....and the time in the Unknown is all jacked up so it takes even longer than normal." He turned back to the window and crossed his arms over the sill. "I guess I'm about two thousand or so, give or take a century."

Batsu had taken the time to get a map and ask around about weird monsters showing up. When the people of the Thunder had given him all he needed, Batsu flew out of the gates and headed off to hunt. He needed something to do, a way to get rid of this anxiety that was building. As he followed the map to a small town he found himself face to face with what looked like a demon. The creature was the same height as he was and it looked fairly infected. Batsu could feel the Madness inside of it, but it wasn't as consumed as the wolf from earlier that day. Grey eyes glowed in the fading light as the two engaged in a rather vicious battle.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Boreas thought silently of what he wanted to eat as DK looked through the hotel's menu. His mouth twitched in annoyance when his stomach growled. "Yeah, just a hamburger and fries," he said when the purple haired kid asked him. Jasper used to get that a lot, so it had to be good, right? He was starting to wonder if human food would suit him, or if he'd get sick because he wasn't used to eating. He frowned at the thought, sitting up when DK explained his age. "So, as a dragon you're still considered a kid?" he asked curiously. He paused. "Wait, you're a moon creature?" He'd heard Hunter tell Jasper about that a few times. "Hm. Now that you're out of the Unknown, you think instead of enabling you to switch places, the full moon'll make you stronger?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm

"Well...I would be an adult, but I got delayed because I'm a Moon Creature," he explained. "When my parents were my age, they were adult dragons, but...because we need host...Moon Creatures I mean, we can't get our adult form until we've taken someone over." DK sighed. "But it's not as easy as people make it sound. Not only do we need a suitable host, we have to keep them for at least a year before we can develop to our final stage." DK sighed. "You don't have to have Moon Creature parents to be one, it's sort of a luck of the draw. The Unknown is weird like that." He shrugged. "I'm not sure if I'll be stronger during the full moon, I'm not a werewolf you know."

Batsu had wrestled with the horned creature until he'd pulled all the Madness from it. When the creature turned back into a little satyr, Batsu pointed him in the direction of the Unknown and then went about asking for new information. He spent most of the night hunting down creatures until he was a little more than half way over his limit. He took a minute to sit down and rest. He'd stuck to smaller creatures, but the Madness inside of him was pushing him towards something bigger. Batsu's eyes glowed with the thought.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Boreas looked over to DK as he explained. That was kinda complicated. He gave a grin when the purple haired kid said he wasn't a werewolf. "Hey, I'm just sayin, it would be cool." The light brown haired chakra slipped off his shoes before sliding further onto the bed and laying back. "If all the creatures are going to be that strong, we're gonna need all the help we can get. Hell, as it is I don't know what I can do with my ice yet," he said with closed eyes, his gloved hands shifting as they crossed behind his head.

Alice walked out of the restaurant, skipping happily beside Cross. One of the waitresses had been her friend from that time they were here thirteen years ago, leaving Cross to wonder just how many friends she'd made that day. The raven haired male blinked when he heard Alice gasp and saw her run into a store. He followed behind her and blinked again when he saw why she'd run in. Pulling a black dress off a rack, she ran over to Cross with it, her onyx eyes shining hopefully. Cross smiled. The dress she'd taken had to be at least three sizes too big. "How about we find one your size?" His smile widened when she exclaimed 'yay!' and ran off to grab a smaller one.

When she went into the changing room, Cross waited outside it, looking around the store. It was a fairly girly store, and that surprised him. Not to say Alice wasn't girly, but she'd never been interested in things like dresses before, so this was something new. "Cross, Cross, can I wear this home?" she called from the stall excitedly.

"We'll see," he responded, his smile since having faded. He glanced over to the store employee, who was looking at his wings curiously. The worker was a female, which wasn't surprising for a store like this. For a few moments he thought he might've been scaring her. That was, until she came over to talk to him. "Is that your daughter?" Cross glanced to the changing room and shook his head. He remained silent for a couple seconds until he realized further explanation was required. "I'm watching her for her father while he's away at work." It wasn't really a lie. Her father was away from her, and he was working, just not in the conventional sense.

When Alice came out wearing the black dress, she gave a spin, a huge smile on her face. "Is this okay?" Cross looked over the dress for a moment, to make sure it wasn't falling off her. When he was satisfied that it fit okay, he nodded and looked to the employee. "Does she have to take it off to have it scanned?"

The red haired girl smiled and shook her head. "No, I can pull the tag off and scan it that way. Would you like a bag for her old clothes?"

Cross nodded.

Once the dress was paid for, and they were on their way back to the hotel, the raven haired male looked at the child. He'd learned a long time ago that she didn't like wearing shoes or socks, so he'd stopped pushing the issue. He was worried about her feet getting cut by glass, but even while in the human realm she never seemed to get hurt. "I'm going out for a little bit. Will you be okay in the room alone?"

Alice seemed to consider this for a second before looking up at Cross. "Can I go stay with DK and Boreas and Fara until you get back?" she asked hopefully. Cross was quiet for a long few moments. He didn't much trust Boreas, the guy was as irresponsible and childish as DK. At the same time, Alice didn't often get people to play with.

Three knocks sounded at DK and Boreas' hotel room door.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:33 pm

DK smiled. "Why not go and test it out. Surely they have a training area somewhere around here." He turned and smiled at the orange eyed male. Walking away from the window he looked to Boreas. "You look comfortable," he said with a grin. It faded when there was a knock on the door. "The food is here, the food is here!" He skipped to the door and pulled it open. "Hello!" He blinked when he saw Cross and Alice. "Hey guys, I thought we weren't going to see you all until tomorrow, did something happen," he asked curiously.

Batsu gave in to the Madness and went for bigger prey...turned souls. His grey eyes were mixed with red by the time he'd picked up a heavy sense of Madness. Heavy enough that his wings rattled behind him. Batsu's teeth turned into canines and his wings set afire as he entered the woods. The ground shook as something approached. Batsu was excited to say the least. This pushing himself over the limit was helping him burn off energy. When a two headed creature came into view the winged male grinned. This thing was clearly a threat. Batsu wasted no time in attacking. He sent a supernova in the two headed mutt's direction, only to find his fire was ineffective. In fact it got reflected, sending Batsu into a tree. His eyes were no longer grey, but red. He was going to rip out someone's soul tonight. He launched himself back into the fight and with pure brute strength took the dog to the ground. In those short few moments he forgot about his task of getting rid of the Madness, he just wanted to fight and a fight he got. From his arm being sliced open to his wings being rip, the two headed creature had put up one hell of a fight, leaving Batsu bloody and torn, but he continued to fight. The Madness inside of him was saying fight and that was what he did and he enjoyed it to the point where he actually sunk those canines into the things neck, ripping away flesh and muscle, from there he dug in until he was ripping chunks out by the handful. He hadn't completely lost it, but the feel of familiar destruction was too good an opportunity to let go to waste.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 pm

"Meh, maybe tomorrow. I'm tired right now." He wasn't really. He was just lazy. Go figure, his own body and he ends up being lazy. Oh well. Maybe part of it was also that he didn't want to accidentally freeze something over. Boreas sat up at the knock at the door, adjusting his gloves. He hoped that random adjustment wasn't going to become habit. Orange eyes blinked when they saw Cross and Alice at the door. Had she been wearing that dress earlier? Oh well. Getting up, Boreas crossed over to the door curiously.

That just reaffirmed his caution. DK was the one answering the door. He guessed it wasn't too bad though, since it was a hotel and they were probably expecting room service. He looked to Alice, because she'd started speaking before he could explain. "Cross is going out, and I wanted to come over and stay with you guys until he gets back," she chirped happily. "It'd be boring all by myself," she said lowly, looking off to the side like she was embarrassed. Cross knew better though. This was her way of getting what she wanted. He looked at them. "Is it okay if she stays with you guys? I shouldn't be too long."

Boreas blinked, but then gave a shrug. "Yeah, it's fine with me," he said, nodding. "Come on in," he said, chuckling as Alice ran in with a 'yay!'

"Thanks," Cross nodded, glancing to Alice. "Be good. See you later," he said to all of them before turning away and starting towards the stairs. Might as well take care of a few creatures before morning. Rest would be nice, but he'd get it sooner if these creatures were gone quicker.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:25 am

DK grinned when Alice said she'd basically come over to play. "Come on," he said as he beckoned her inside. "I ordered Jello and Boreas ordered hamburger and fries." He smiled and climbed onto the bed. "Want some?" He stretched and then tilted his head. "You didn't have that dress on before, did you change? I didn't see you with a suitcase." His eyes blinked twice with curiosity. He looked to Boreas. "Did you?"

Batsu didn't stop ripping out chunks until the thing was dead. Panting with exhuastion he pulled on the soul of the dead creature and consumed it before it could escape. He didn't care that it was filled with Madness. His feathers fluffed behind him before they shook out once. His eyes narrowed as he felt Madness rush through him. With nothing more to do and the weight of exhuastion kicking in, the winged male started off. His wings had healed a bit and the cut on his arm had healed as well. Eating souls were like medicine, but because Madness had been intwined the process was weaker and working against him. He blinked when he realized how far away the Thunder was. He guessed he could sleep here for the night.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 am

Alice smiled when DK said they'd ordered food. "I already ate," she smiled. But if Cross took too long, she'd probably order ice cream. She liked chocolate ice cream the best. Chocolate was yummy. Her white hair swayed a bit when asked if she'd changed. "Cross let me get it on the way home!" she said excitedly. Going over to the bed that DK was no longer on, she crawled all the way up to the pillow and sat down, her onyx eyes curious. The real reason she'd come here was because she wanted to know about these two. "Hey hey, have either of you been outside the Unknown before you got new bodies?"

Boreas blinked when Alice made herself at home, but grinned nonetheless, going back to sit on his own bed. "Yeah. Don't you remember? I was with Jasper when you all went to the Gears," he said with a nod, which brought a surprised "oh yeah," from the small girl as she turned to look to DK instead.

Once out of the Thunder, Cross walked further away from the gates until he could safely take off into the air without civilians noticing. He flew until he smelled something familiar. When he landed, the carnage he saw made him blink in surprise. This being had clearly once been one of Madness, but it was practically in pieces, and there was blood and destruction everywhere. He swallowed. Was something consuming the madness of the other creatures to become stronger? That was bad, really bad. If something had too much Madness, him and Batsu might not be able to consume all of it, and Hunter would have to destroy it. Deciding it would be better to take care of the problem upfront, Cross followed the feeling of Madness that he'd unfortunately had too much acquaintance with. Once he saw Batsu, he stopped walking and blinked. For a few moments, he didn't understand. But then he realized, Batsu probably had the same idea as him, going out and taking care of some of the creatures himself. The only problem with that was, Cross was convinced Batsu couldn't handle as much Madness as he himself could, and it showed through the scene of carnage he'd just come from. Killing it would have been simple enough, but the creature had been torn up. "Batsu," he called lowly, starting forward.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:36 pm

(Uh ohhh.)

DK nodded. "Oh, okay." He skipped to the window and peered out of it. "It's so dark," he said with a smile. "I can barely see anything." He then looked over his shoulder to Alice when she asked about them leaving the Unknown. "I did once, but it didn't quite turn out the way i'd planned." He shrugged. It had been impulse taking Felix's body. He'd been so lonely and Serenity had just been so nice. His eyes shinned at the memory. He wondered if she was doing okay. If he recalled correctly, Hunter said she was an immortal.

Batsu had been sitting down attending to the cut on his arm. It had quite a bit of dirt and gravel in it. He was picking out the pieces with surprising carefulness. When Cross called to him he blinked. "Huh, Cross?" His eyes were no longer red but grey even though there were hints. He was coming down from the Madness consumption, but it didn't change the fact that he was injured or the fact that there was a shredded creature a good little ways away. Standing up he folded his wings behind him and waited for Cross to get closer.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Alice's onyx eyes shined at DK's words. He'd piqued her interest. "Oh? What happened then?" she asked, curiously leaning forward. She glanced towards outside. It wasn't as dark as the Unknown was sometimes, but the purple haired boy who looked about her age was right, it was dark outside.

Cross saw that Batsu was injured and that secured any doubts he might've had about this being Batsu's doing. He walked closer as the red haired male stood up, grabbing the guy's wrist as soon as he was close enough. He immediately began pulling on the Madness inside Batsu, but his gaze didn't leave the other winged being. "How many have you killed?" Cross asked lowly, his eyes dark. He wasn't going to let go of Batsu's wrist until he'd taken as much of the Madness from him as he could. He didn't care if the guy was injured, because it was his own fault.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:56 pm

"I don't wanna talk about it," DK replied. He moved away from the window and moved over to the bed and sat down. He laid on his stomach and yawned. He was a bit tired. "Where's my jello," he asked quietly. Rubbing his eyes he turned to his dragon form and allowed himself to fall asleep for a little while until there was a knock on the door. "Food!" He got up and ran to the door. The woman looked surprised to see DK so excited.

Batsu blinked when Cross grabbed his arm. He immediately tried to pull back. "What are you doing," he asked a bit distressed. He blinked again when Cross asked how many had he killed. "Just one," he replied. "The others I set free. Let me go, I'm fine." He tried pulling away. He wouldn't allow Cross to treat him like a child that couldn't handle himself.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Alice tilted her head when DK said he didn't want to talk about it. She was about to ask why not, but Boreas had interrupted her and asked instead if she wanted to watch TV, which she gladly agreed to. Boreas busied himself with testing out how much he could shape his ice by making things like arrows and kunai and shuriken. When the food got there, he let it melt and looked up. Finally, he was starving by now. Getting up, he went over, gladly taking his own food and going back over to his own bed without so much as a thanks to the woman. He was hungry and hated humans. It was a good thing for her he wasn't a brutal being.

Cross didn't let go of Batsu's wrist even as he tried to pull away. "You're fine? Tell me, did you rip it to shreds before or after absorbing the Madness from it," the raven haired male asked. It was a sarcastic question, which wasn't typical of Cross. He knew the thing would have returned to normal with the Madness out of it, but he wanted to find out just what the hell Batsu was thinking. His feathers shook and fluffed behind him when the red haired male tried to pull away again. "Stop," he said suddenly, his eyes narrowing slightly at Batsu. He couldn't figure out if he was angry with Batsu, and if he was, he couldn't figure out why. It wasn't his business if Batsu decided to absorb the Madness by himself. So why was he so suddenly ticked off?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm

(Whatttt...holy Ishbal, it's going to get serious!)

DK took his jello and went back to the bed after thanking the lady. "Hey Boreas," he started as he grabbed a spoon. "Why do you act so mean to humans? Wasn't Jasper a human," he asked curiously. "You should be nicer to them. They aren't all rude...like you..." he bit into his jello.

Batsu looked at Cross when he was questioned again. Batsu had never drawn the Madness to began with. He'd just snapped. "I didn't draw Madness, I just fought it until it was dead." He couldn't see why Cross was so upset. If anything the guy should be grateful, one less monster meant he was one step closer to getting back to his old life. When Cross snapped at him he froze. "What's your problem? I don't need for you to watch over me, I'm not Alice! I can handle myself." Batsu was practically bristling with anger. "I don't need your help!" He tried pulling away again.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:47 pm

(Sure is...)

Boreas looked at DK after taking a bite of his burger. This wasn't half bad. Before the purple haired boy had even finished his sentence, the orange eyed male had taken another mouthful. He made sure to swallow it before speaking, but only because he didn't fancy the idea of choking. "I hate humans, plain and simple," he said, popping a fry into his mouth. "When I first started catching glimpses of the world, Jasper was no exception. But I was stuck with him," he shrugged. He should have gotten a drink. "And I'm not one to be kind to those I hate," he finished, falling silent as he worked on eating his food. Alice looked between the two of them curiously. Why did Boreas hate humans? Most of them were nice, at least the ones she'd met. There were some mean little kids now and then, but most adults were nice to her...

Cross continued pulling on the Madness, but more quickly than before this time, since it seemed the both of them were getting pissed off. It wasn't like him to snap, and he hadn't even absorbed enough Madness for it to affect him like that. Maybe that encounter with Oblivion had actually decreased his tolerance. That would be bad. "My problem right now, is that you won't hold still," he said, trying to keep himself contained. He wasn't like other people. He wouldn't snap. "My other problem is that I didn't realize how dangerously unstable you are, even without too much Madness." He was starting to understand why the guy had apologized to him for a second time. It might've been that the guy had used his body to do things like he'd done to that monster, to humans. He paused and looked at Batsu, but kept a hold of the guy's wrist. He was just about done. "Have you ever done that to a human?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Batsu wouldn't just be still because Cross said so. Who exactly was this guy? His eyes narrowed when Cross called him unstable. "What are you talking about?" His wings fluffed up behind him and with as much force as he could muster he pulled back in order to get away. Batsu felt like he was being accused for something he had no control over. Cross was being just like Syndryl. For a brief moment the winged male paused as Cross asked him if he'd done that to humans. Batsu thought about the many hearts and souls he'd eaten and then he thought about Kymin. He'd ripped flesh clean off the guy and made him watch. "I-I had to survive...I wanted to live. Was that so wrong?" He frowned. "Besides, I shouldn't regret anything I did, now should I?"

DK blinked. "Oh...well then, do what please you," he said as he kicked his legs behind him. "So, what should we do," he asked Alice. "Surely you don't wanna stay in this room all night," he spoke mischeviously. He glanced to Boreas. Would he say no."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Cross finally let go of Batsu's wrist only a moment after the guy tried to pull away, but only because he'd taken all the Madness he could. He could have held the red haired male in place if he'd needed. "What about now? Now you're surviving by the will of Silence. You have your own body that doesn't require that kind of thing for life." Cross looked at Batsu. "You've grown accustomed to that type of brutality," he said slowly. "Or is there another reason you did it..?" Instead of making quick judgments, Cross was trying to give Batsu the benefit of the doubt now that the other male could think clearly. However, it was difficult for the raven haired man to see this situation in a light that would be fair to Batsu, especially after that scene of blood and gore he'd just come from.

Boreas was glad that DK dropped it and that Alice didn't want to say anything about it. He blinked at the purple haired kid's suggestion to Alice. "Woah hold on. Just where are you planning on going?" That was the moment he realized that he'd pretty much been elected to babysit these kids. God damn it.

Alice tilted her head at DK's question. "I dunno," she shrugged with a smile. "Maybe there's a park here," she suggested, her black eyes surprisingly bright. She looked at Boreas when he told them to hold on. What was the problem?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Batsu almost flew backwards when Cross let him go. He spread his wings to stop himself from tumbling. His eyes narrowed when Cross spoke. "What I do is my own business," he growled. "And just so you know in case you're blind, that thing wasn't exactly a puppy. So if I overdid it a bit then my apologies." He was still bristling with anger. Batsu's head was clear, but he didn't like being on the defensive. "Silence gave me a life and then he gave me a purpose, to fight Madness, why does it matter which path I chose to take in order to complete it? I didn't ask for you to come along, in fact I didn't want any of you to follow me. This is my responsibilty! I can handle this myself without your help. I'm not a kid." Batsu shook his head.

DK grinned when Boreas asked where they were going. "Don't know either, but I do like the idea of a park." He smiled. "Come on Alice, let's go look for one. Oooh, maybe we can get some of those sparklers people get during festivals." He motioned for her to follow him to the door. "Bye Boreas."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Cross's green eyes were dull as Batsu pretty much lost his head. He waited for the red haired male to finish speaking. "I distinctly remember you saying 'I know I can't do this alone'," he said, his face returning to its usual blank stare. Only this was different. While normally his gaze would dart around once in a while, now it was fixed upon Batsu. "I don't care which way you take care of the Madness in those creatures. What I am concerned with is how you handle them." He paused for a few long moments. "I'm looking out after the group." The raven haired male finally tore his gaze away. Whether Batsu knew it or not, that included him. Cross needed things or people to protect. He hadn't realized it until recently. It wasn't just Alice, even though she meant so much to him. Silence had created him as a Guardian, but he'd taken up life as a Messenger instead, not knowing his true purpose. "Is this going to be an every day thing?" he asked finally. He didn't care if it was, if it meant Batsu would be calm around the rest of the group.

Boreas sighed when DK said they were going to the park, finishing off the rest of his burger and getting up. "No money, remember?" he asked, slipping his shoes back on.

The white haired little girl smiled when her friend said the park sounded like a good idea, hopping off the bed. She blinked when Boreas got up, tilting her head curiously. "You're coming?"

Boreas nodded. "Yeah. I don't want to tell Cross that I don't know where you guys went if he comes back," he told them, looking off to the side. Truth be told, Cross kinda scared him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Batsu blinked. "What do you mean by how I handle them," he asked. "Would you prefer I burn the remains or finish eating it? Is that what you want Cross?" He shook his head again. "And you can forget about what I said back in the Unknown, I changed my mind." He clearly was upset about the way this conversation was going. "And if you think I'm a danger to the group, then just say it. Apparently I'm a danger to everyone and everything."

DK had opened the door and was tapping his foot waiting. When Boreas said he was coming along DK smiled. "Yay!" He then started towards the elevator. "Cross should leave money for us," he grumbled. "I still need a shirt....." he frowned. "I don't wanna wear Batsu's shirt. And I don't wanna become a beggar."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:19 pm

"I mean..." Cross paused, blinking twice. What did he mean, exactly? Why was he second guessing himself so much lately? "You said you went overboard. 'A bit' was putting it lightly, but that doesn't matter. What matters is..." Another pause. Why the hell did he keep doing that? It wasn't like him. He shook his head lightly. "What matters is whether or not you lost it, even for a moment. Did you?" Fighting the creatures was one thing, killing them was fine too, but losing it in the middle of a fight was dangerous. He shook his head again. "I'm just as dangerous to the group as you are, but we're both needed to take care of this problem. Before it gets any more out of control."

Boreas blinked at DK's excitement. When did the kid get so attached to him? He looked off to the side, making sure he had the key to the room before coming out of the room and closing the door. He didn't say anything about DK's grumbling. He was tired. Excited or not about having his own body, he hadn't realized until a little while ago how tiring it was. He looked to Alice, who was happily skipping along. She was so full of energy. How the hell did she do it? He chuckled lightly when she ran to the elevator to press the button, giggling happily as she did.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Batsu frowned when Cross started acting like a cat had his tongue, but he was quiet for a moment afterwards because he wasn't sure if he had lost it. "It doesn't matter...I wasn't near anybody, so just let it go." He didn't care about the problem anymore, he just wanted to go home. He turned and started off without another word, his wings ruffled with annoyance as he went. "The hell with this task. I was better off devouring souls." His wings set aflame as he went. "I didn't ask for this."

DK got into the elevator and then blinked with patience. "What if Cross comes to get Alice and we're not there?" He was looking at the numbers again. "3....2....1. Here!"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 pm

(Ah, but Batsu, where is home?)

Cross was quiet after Batsu spoke. He nodded a few moments after the red haired male said to let it go. "...okay. Be careful, though." It wasn't a threat, but more of a...sincere warning. He didn't want Batsu to lose it around people, because he didn't want to hurt the guy. Cross held back a small sigh. He was sick of talking, but there was one last thing he had to tell Batsu, even if the guy was walking away from him. Well, he knew there should be one more thing he had to tell him, but he couldn't think of anything meaningful. Even seeing the guy's wings set alight, and knowing it was out of anger, Cross could think of nothing. He couldn't tell if this guy would go to the village angry or wait until he calmed down. He shook his head. "I hope I see you in the morning," he said, turning and beating his wings down once, lifting himself into the sky. He was going to find more creatures. He didn't have even a clue where to start looking, but he figured he'd know if he saw something that was infected.

Boreas sighed. "I don't know. I hope he doesn't come back when we're gone." When Alice giggled, he looked at her. "What?" It was only when the elevator started moving did he remember that he'd promised himself he'd start taking the stairs. Damn it.

"Don't worry, he'll think I dragged you all out to play," she said happily, skipping out of the elevator as the doors opened. She blinked when she realized that Boreas had gotten out before she even stepped foot out of the moving machine.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:03 am

Batsu ignored the warning and Cross's attempt to be nicer or whatever the hell one wished to call it. The winged male walked in silence. Just who the hell had put Cross in charge to take away whatever Madness he consumed. He didn't ask for this job and he didn't ask for the company. He wasn't a child, just a reborn soul. The grey eyed creature walked until he came up on a lake. His eyes narrowed lightly and he watched the water with uneasiness. Something was below the surface and it was big and infected. Batsu took a step back when the ground shifted below him and something broke the surface. What came out was massive and for a moment he wasn't sure if he could take it down. As the being looked down at him, Batsu found himself on edge. It was only when a claw came down at him did he actually snap out of it and moved. The impact shook the earth and Batsu was grateful for his wings. He rose up into the air and headed straight for the things face. He found this to be a very unattractive creature the closer he got. Knowing that the only way for him to actually take down this thing would be to consume enough Madness to kill it, he latched on and held steady. The water beast didn't take kindly to that and dove down into the water, taking Batsu with it, and leaving the surface just as calm as it was before.

"I think Boreas is scared of the elevator," DK said with a snicker. He followed the older male out after Alice. "So, maybe we should ask the person at the front desk where a park is," he said with a nod. "That way we don't waste time looking all over the place for something that could be right around the corner." He then paused. "Maybe we should have gotten Batsu and Hunter, but then again, Boreas doesn't like humans, so he doesn't like Hunter and Batsu doesn't seem so kid friendly, even if he did give me his shirt."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next