Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lights Out

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lights Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Lights Out

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:31 am

"It got pretty bad," Kymin admitted. "Let's just say she doesn't go to this school anymore." The girl who'd stalked him had been absolutely insane. She'd even threatened to hurt Lilly. In fact, that had been part of the reason why Lilly's parents had moved away with her. That had been in their freshmen year though, and luckily Kymin hadn't heard from the chick since. He didn't really want to explain to Felix the details of what had happened. He tried not to talk about it. "No worries." Seriously, he just liked looking out for others. Well, others that he liked, anyways. "I can understand that. People talking during movies is annoying as hell." He glanced over to Felix when the other male pulled out his phone, but mostly ignored it. "Hey so, weird question, and you don't have to answer it if you don't wanna, but..." Kymin lowered his voice, though purposely didn't look around. "Are you and Recha...like, a thing?" He doubted it, but he was curious nonetheless. "My preference? Hm. I'll watch just about anything, to be honest. Not a huge fan of horror movies though, that's the one exception," he chuckled. He had his reasons, though they weren't what Felix might expect. "Do you need to take a phone call?" he asked curiously, once he realized Felix's phone was still going off.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 am

Felix sent a silent prayer that his situation wouldn't escalate as far as Kymin's had. "Glad things are better for you." Felix wasn't all that great at comforting others. He always felt like nothing was truly heartfelt, that the apologies and prayers were part of some social norm. The silver haired male was thankful that Kymin didn't inquire more about the rumors. It made life so much easier that the older male accepted the answer he'd been given and even agreed with it. Felix almost wished that Kymin had inquired more when he asked the second question. Icy blue eyes blinked in the pale darkness. The question had clearly caught him off guard. Despite the answer being a simple one, he found himself speechless. Had Kymin assumed as much because they hung out a lot, or was it the private showing thing. If Kymin thought it, surely it had crossed Rumor's mind. The last thing he wanted was for him and Recha to be on the front page of the paper and Maddie seeing it. She'd already given Recha a hard time on Rollr, not to mention in the cafeteria on day one. "Nah, we're just really good friends," he answered after his brain had time to get over the shock of the question. Felix withheld his disbelief that Kymin didn't care for horror. Madness. "Variety if good." He then silenced his phone instead of leaving it on vibrate. "It's not important." That was the truth. Felix didn't want to speak to the person on the other line. He was just too soft to block the number.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:38 am

Kymin shot Felix a half smile. It would probably be a bit difficult to see in the dim lighting, but it hardly mattered. "Thanks." Things were better. He just wished Lilly hadn't had to move away. He missed her. The black haired male gave a glance around, in case Kim happened to be in the area. He wasn't, but it had been worth a look. The green eyed male took note of Felix's silence, though he wasn't entirely sure what the cause of the silence was. Or rather, what Felix's thought process was that was causing the silence. It wasn't a really hard question. Maybe the guy was just trying to decide if he was trustworthy enough to know the truth. Kymin raised an eyebrow curiously at the lack of an answer, but merely shrugged when he finally got one. "Ah, okay. I was just curious, but that makes sense. I mean, that Haven kid's piece did say as much anyways," he reaffirmed. He only nodded when Felix said variety is good. "If you say so," he replied when Felix said that the messages to his phone weren't important. "So are you expecting a package or something?" he asked. They were going to the mailboxes, and while Kymin didn't mean to snoop, it was simply the first topic of conversation that had popped into his head.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Felix nodded once more,  almost forgetting that he'd said as much in the interview. It had been true, Recha and Kim were his best friends, even if the two didn't think as much. Friends, yes. Best friends. It was debatable. He could have gone about answering that a million different ways, but he'd stuck with something simple. Simple was always good. What did cross his mind though made him think Kymin was asking for a different purpose. Maybe Kymin had a thing for Recha and didn't want to step on anyone's toes. Or maybe Kymim had a thing for him. His gaze shifted opposite the older male at that thought. Felix wasn't going to reiterate that the messages were unimportant. He didn't want to answer them because he'd been avoiding it all since he'd gotten back to Roulette. His time in Romanian had been going well enough up until he'd gotten a very unexpected letter. Being back at school was enough to distract him, but some people just couldn't let things go. Admittedly it was starting to piss him off. Felix wasn't sure if he wanted to block the number just yet or not. It should have been a clear cut decision, but even he had trouble letting go sometimes. "Yeah. I couldn't find the tickets, so I had to order them and have them shipped." Well worth the price when it came to Recha.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Kymin blinked and looked over towards Felix for a long moment when the younger male said he'd had to order tickets for the private showing with Recha. He was willing to buy into the fact that Felix and Recha were just friends, but...did friends really do things like that? When he realized he might be caught staring at the other male in disbelief, Kymin looked away. "You're a...really good friend," he said simply. "Recha and Kim are pretty lucky." It was at that point that he decided he wasn't going to pursue anything further with Felix. Not anything like he'd been originally planning to, anyways. Felix was clearly too nice a guy. Some people got pissy about Kymin swooning them into a one night stand, but something like that would probably actually end up breaking Felix's heart. Kim would never forgive him for it, and Recha would probably be worse about it. But worse than both those things...Kymin didn't think he'd be able to forgive himself for it. And, well...Felix was a chill enough guy to have a casual friendship with. Going after Felix would potentially end three very good friendships. It wasn't worth it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Felix raised a brow. "What's the look for," he asked. He was guessing that Kymin found it strange that he'd pay for a private showing when he and Recha weren't a thing. Felix consideried Kymin a manwhore, so he wasn't expecting the guy to understand casual gestures. This was strictly casual. He gave a small laugh when Kymin stuttered over his words claiming him to be a good friend. "I try." That's all one could ever do. He took in a small breath and let it out slowly. "I think it's the other way around. I'm lucky to have them." Modesty was something he could always afford. He was a reserved person and he liked it that way. Letting the flood gates open just wasn't plausible. Sometimes he got to thinking about the burdens that other people carried, and giving them some slack or the benefit of the doubt was easier than saying or doing something that would cause their world to come caving in. Felix kept moving down to the post office room and opened the door for Kymin to go in first. "No one's in here...." He searched for his phone to use the light and went over to the boxes. Felix opened it and smirked lightly when he saw the envelope. "They're here." The weekend was going to be a great one. He turned to Kymin. "I know you're not dating Aidelia, so you're just, what, enjoying life?" It managed to make it teasing. "Just curious," he added before Kymin could ask his reason for inquiring.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Kymin blushed lightly in the darkness when Felix caught him looking his way. "Oh, uh...nothing. It's just like...I can imagine doing something like this as a surprise for someone's birthday or something, but just out of the blue like that..." Kymin cleared his throat and shrugged. "Well, like I said. You're a good friend." Kymin gave one more hopeful glance around. Still no Kim. "Maybe you're all just lucky to have each other," he said lightly. "Ah, thanks." Kymin went into the mailroom as Felix held the door open, taking a look around in the darkness. How was nobody here, and why wasn't the door locked then? As Felix went to looking for his letter, Kymin pulled out his phone and shot off a text after putting his phone on vibrate. Hey love, how are things going over there? He paused and then added Are you visiting Roulette any time soon? I miss you x3 He couldn't help but try to make the text message a little goofy. Lilly would assume something was wrong otherwise. Kymin looked up when Felix said the tickets were there and smiled. "Nice." He blinked at the question. "Yeah, something like that. Me and Ai just wanted to go to Homecoming with someone, but also like...a no strings attatched kinda deal," he chuckled, despite the fact that Felix was obviously teasing him. That was cute. "You going to Homecoming, by the way?"

Last edited by The Merciful Overlord on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Bingo. "It is a bit out of the blue, but..you know," he smiled lightly. "I'm willing to go the extra mile for some people." If there had been a little more light, Kymin probably could have seen a hint of sadness in that smile. Felix wouldn't say he gave everyone a hundred and ten percent, but there had been a time where'd have done so much more than that. He glanced down at his phone, absently checking the messages. The power went out on this side of town, just checking to make sure you're okay. Then, I would really like to talk. I still want to be friends. And after that, Look, I'm sorry about what happened this summer. Please don't be pissy with me the entire time. Can we meet up this weekend? Felix took in a steady breath and placed his phone back on the home screen. "Thanks Kymin. You're a good friend too." He did give a full smile at the thought of him and Recha and Kim being lucky to have each other. They had made last year go by so smooth. This year was going to be better. He wished he'd been here over the summer. Felix wasn't questioning the darkness of the room or the lack of staff or why the room wasn't locked. Maybe they'd freaked out when the lights had gone off. "I remember you saying that at the movies," he responded. "Just wondering if you were actually seeing, seeing someone. You'rea bit popular, so I figured you'd have something steady." He shrugged. "I'm going to hang with Recha. I don't have a date." He left out how he would have gone with Kim had the other not found a certain someone who sucked in Mythology. The thought made him smile.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Kymin simply shrugged when Felix assumed he understood. He really didn't. It really was like something Lilly would do. She was so spontaneous. Green eyes blinked when Felix said that he was a good friend too. "You don't..." He stopped before he could finish his sentence. Felix didn't even know him. He could have been the worst friend in the world. Kymin took a breath and let it out in a small sigh. "Thanks." He wasn't necessarily saying he was a bad friend. He just wasn't as good a friend as he could be. In fact, one could even go so far as to call him a fairly selfish person. Kymin nodded. He had mentioned as much at the movies, he'd just figured Felix had forgotten. He didn't mind reiterating things. Some people had poor memories. Some people didn't pay attention. Some people asked the same questions over and over again because they didn't care enough to bother remembering. Wasn't exactly something to get worked up over. The black haired male was silent for a longer time than was probably acceptable when Felix asked if he was actually seeing someone. He didn't know if there was a point in lying to Felix. He doubted the guy was Rumor. Rumor had been around before Felix had even started at Roulette. But still, he didn't want news of Lilly getting into Rumor's hands, by any avenue. "...sort of. I do have a steady thing going with someone, but she doesn't live in this city," he said after a moment. He knew it would probably look bad on his part to admit such a thing, considering he was well known for sleeping around. "I only get to see her once in a while, so it's sort of...an...open relationship," he said after a moment, a small frown on his face. He knew it was super hypocritical of him, but he didn't really like the idea of Lilly dating someone else over in Beach City. She'd told him a couple times she wasn't really interested in other people there, but she was fine with him doing his own thing too. He sometimes wondered if she really was fine with it. Kymin raised an eyebrow when Felix said he was hanging with Recha for Homecoming. Those two sure did spend a lot of time alone together for just being friends. "I heard Kin is having a get together for people who don't feel like going to Homecoming," he offered. "If you guys were interested," he added with a shrug.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Every fiber of his being wanted him to take his phone back out and make the call. He would have loved to know that things could work out, that they could be okay, but that was just a dream and not all dreams came true. Felix could honestly say that he was disappointed beyond measure. If he could find it in him to send a text, let alone call, he'd probably start with an apology. "It's not that we're not good for each other, but I don't want to do this anymore. It's a bit difficult to keep up with you...and we'll be competing next season. I don't think I can handle the distraction." Felix felt his chest tighten as he remembered that part of the letter. He had no reason to apologize. It wasn't his fault. Or was it? Felix bit the inside of his lip. He didn't want to think about this right now. He wanted to suddenly go and run on the track. The rain wasn't going to kill him. First he had to ditch Kymin. He wasn't in a rush though.  "I know I don't know you, but I like to think of people as naturally good beforehand." The extended pause made Felix question whether Kymin was being truthful or not. "Long distance relationship. Glad it's working out." He was thankful for controlled emotions, else he would be a bit bitter. Felix wasn't surprised about the relationship being open, but he would never agree to such a thing. "Thanks for the heads up. I'll let Recha know." Felix liked Kin, she was lively and true to herself. He was sure he'd be drained by the end of her Homecoming Escape Event, but he was sure to have fun.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Kymin blinked when Felix pretty much read his mind. "Ah..." He couldn't help but give the other male a smile. "You should...be careful. With a thought process like that, you're bound to get hurt." Gods, and he'd been ready to...okay yeah, maybe he was a shitty person after all. He was just trying to have fun while he was still in high school, but this guy made him feel like a piece of shit about it without even meaning to. "Thanks. What about you? Any relationship for you then?" he asked curiously, blinking when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. At first he'd thought it was just a text, but it kept going, indicating that he was getting a call. "Ah, hold that thought," he said, digging his phone out of his pocket. His eyes all but lit up when he saw the name on the screen. "Hey, can we finish this conversation later? I have to take this," he told the other male, a fresh light in his eyes. "Thanks for letting me hang," he said, giving the other male a wave. He waited until he was a few steps away from Felix before answer the phone in an almost hushed tone. "Hey Lils." He couldn't hide the warmth in his voice, which was why he ducked into the nearest empty hall, a laugh escaping him as he turned the corner as a result of something Lilly said to him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum