Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village of Fallen Rains

2 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Village of Fallen Rains - Page 2 Empty Re: The Village of Fallen Rains

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 pm

When they arrived at the lake, Serenity pulled out a dagger whose sheath was attached to her hip, then looked around. She knew better than to not be cautious. "It's large, roughly twice your height when it's standing. And...it's fur is oddly colored. It has black and white patches, like you'd see on a cat." She paused. "If I remember right...it's eyes were all black," she stated. "And tied around the back of it's neck it a scroll. That's what I'm after. It seemed much keener to run, than it did to fight..." she said, as she started walking around the edge of the lake.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 pm

"Then why are you so cautious," he asked as he started towards the lake. "If it ran from you, then it's not a threat." Felix squatted down and looked into the water. "It's so clear, but it's endless, even if you can't see it." He grinned. "It's like a genjutsu." He swiped his hand through the water and then stood back up. "Why does the wolf have a scroll on it's back. Is it a summoning," he asked. He started towards the other side looking for the white and black wolf.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:27 pm

"Who knows if it was just running away or actually luring me here," she started at his question. "You're a ninja, right? Don't let yourself be caught off guard if you're out and about," she told him with a smile. Serenity shook her head when he asked why it had a scroll on it's back. "Not on it's back. It's rolled up, attached to something like a collar around it's neck. It's part of a riddle, a puzzle hiding a treasure of great value." Her thoughts were the beast was probably chosen either because it was incredibly fast and impossible to catch for a mere human, or incredibly vicious, and near impossible to defeat. Or both. When Serenity had finished talking, she put a hand on Felix's shoulder and motioned for him to be quiet, before pointing to the other side of the lake, where a wolf matching Serenity's description had leaned down to get a drink out of the lake.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Felix had come to the conclusion that this woman was a complete pessimist. She couldn't take anything lightly and it was very aggravating. He was a kid and he liked to act like a kid should. Being all serious was for adults and at being only twelve, he was far from an adult. When the lady started speaking about a treasure of great value, Felix's eyes lit up. He wondered if she would be kind enough to share her treasure with him. After all, he was contributing to the search. Felix wasn't poor or anything, but he wasn't rich either. He'd honestly taken up the life of a ninja for two reason. One because of his father, and two because he wanted to buy something for his mother. Something that would make her smile, like the times when she talked about his dad. Felix blinked when the woman put her hand on his shoulder. When he realized why, he held in a gasp. That thing was huge!
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 pm

(It's funny how these two switched roles...)

Serenity gave a slight smile when she saw the kid's eyes light up. She wasn't sure if she wanted to take him along for the entire treasure hunt, but she was already so close. She supposed it wouldn't do much harm, but would he get into trouble for leaving his home for a couple days? Keeping her voice low, Serenity spoke to Felix. "We'll have to find a way to get close to it without it noticing." And as soon as Serenity was done speaking, the wolf's head rose from the water and it's black eyes stared at the two, it's body unmoving. "Ugh...nevermind," she said lowly. Just how were they gonna go about this now?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 pm

(I know right.)

Felix nodded when she spoke, but groaned lightly when the wolf looked up. "Nevermind is right," he said as he drew a kunai. Felix looked to Kane, who was a few feet off from them. There was no way the badger could fight the beast without getting torn to shreds, but all the same, he wanted that scroll. Felix nodded and Kane begin his pursuit forward, very slowly and cautious. Felix looked up at Serenity. "Trap it," he said as if it were a simple task.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Serenity also slowly made her way towards the wolf, around the edge of the lake. She kept her eyes on the wolf, except when Felix said to trap it. "And just how do you propose doing that?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. How would they trap a wolf that large? Trapping a normal wolf was hard enough. And Serenity couldn't even use chakra. The only thing she had was a knife. And if that wolf decided to run... You can use me, a male's voice spoke in her head. Sometimes she forgot that Syndryl could see what she saw. Serenity nearly shook her head. No, I can do this. Besides, I'll have to read the scroll afterwards. It'll be useless without your eyes. There was a sound like a sigh. As you wish.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Felix frowned. "You're the treasure hunter," he retorted. "You should know this kind of stuff." Felix looked around for something to trap the wolf with. At the moment, the water sounded like their best bet. He slowly started towards the lake. Not only was he well trained in the art of swimming, but he was also very skilled when it came to water jutsu. It kind of just flowed with him. Felix smiled. He was going to the Hidden Mist one day. You're going to drown, a voice in his head told him. Felix ignored the voice and stepped to the edge of the lake. "Miss, can I?" He asked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Serenity only shook her head a bit with a roll of the eyes when he said that she should know that kind of stuff. She was starting to wonder if maybe calling upon Syndryl would've been a good idea. Serenity blinked when the kid stepped to the edge. She wasn't sure that was safe, considering she couldn't even see the bottom of the lake with the eyes of a dragon. She nodded, but then added "Be careful."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Felix grinned. "Careful's my middle name," he told her as he stepped onto the lake, using chakra control. Even for him to be a ninja and to use his chakra to stay afloat, he could feel the water pulling him down. Felix didn't like this. Concentrate, he ordered himself. Felix took in a steady breath and kept moving forward so that he wouldn't sink, but it felt like the closer he got to the center, the stronger the pull was. "Talk about gravity," he mumbled. "Water Style: Liquid Metal." Of course it wasn't really metal, but the water was heavy like metal, and just as strong. It slowly started to creep out of the lake and surround the large creature like a dome of some sort. While this was going on, Kane started to creep up behind the wolf. Felix waited until Kane launched for the larger creature to officially make his attack.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Serenity watched Felix walk out onto the lake, but when she turned to look at the wolf, it's gaze was fixed upon her. Suddenly a feeling of foreboding washed over her. This wasn't right. Something was going to go wrong. And usually when Serenity got feelings like that, they weren't wrong. Usually something horrible followed. But why was the wolf only watching her, when there was a boy walking towards it straight across the lake. As Serenity started her way around the lake, the wolf's gaze followed. If the kid could pull this off, then there would be no need to summon Syndryl.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Kane leaped, with his claws outstretched. Felix was probably going to end up taking them both down, but that was not a problem. Drawing the water up, it turned into spears of different sizes and width. Felix was careful not to aim for the scroll. The second he used the jutsu, he felt the water pull him down. It literately felt like someone had just grabbed his leg and snatched him down. It was sheer willpower that he managed to pull himself back out of the water. What was that! Felix, had always been smart enough to not play in the lake, for there were other water sources, but this was not what he'd expected when the villagers had warned him to stay away.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Serenity watched as Felix made what looked like spears out of the water, and as his giant badger pounced, but then there was a splash as Felix went under for a few seconds. "Hey, what happened? You okay?" she called out to him. It was only then that she noticed the wolf was gone. It seemed to have ducked under the attack from the badger, but got hit by a spear, for there was blood where the wolf had been moments ago. However, a spear seemed to have also cut the collar off the wolf, for the scroll was also laying on the ground, next to the initial puddle of blood.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Felix nodded. "I'm fine," he called. "Get your scroll," he told her. He hadn't seen where the wolf had disappeared to, so he'd keep guard. "Zane, keep a look out for that wolf. It might not be gone." Felix then started across the lake, he had to get off this thing. However, as he stepped forward, instead of landing solidly on the ground, he sunk. Felix stepped backwards to avoid sinking. Was he stuck on the lake? He was already sinking. Panic set in and he swallowed. He didn't want to tell the blond lady that he was stuck here. She couldn't do anything about it. Felix took a deep breath and looked around until he noticed that the water was moving around him. Arms made of water begin to rise from the water and pull him under. Felix didn't even have time to ask for help as water surrounded him completely. This cannot be happening to me, he thought to himself. He looked around the lake, it was really endless. Trying to pull himself out of the water, Felix couldn't really move. Something was keeping him from going to the surface. Pulling a kunai, Felix started to slash through the water, but still, nothing was there. He wouldn't be able to hold his breath for much longer. He could see something in the distance, something far away. It was white, but he couldn't distinguish the exact figure. Felix tried swimming backwards instead of up, still no luck. I'm going to die! He cried in his head. Water filled his lungs, but no bubbles reached the surface. Felix begin to feel light headed. I don't want to die, not yet. I want to go home to my mother, and my friends.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Serenity nodded when the kid told her to go get the scroll, and went towards where the wolf had just been. She wasn't from the area, so she hadn't heard any rumors of this lake. She'd thought it was just an ordinary lake. That was, until she looked back at the lake to see arms of water pulling the kid under. Her eyes widened and she started towards the lake, but the moment she touched the water, she felt a pulling sensation and backed out of it. "Hold on kid!" she called, looking around. He was way too far in. Too far for her to get to him with any branch or anything. Closing her eyes tightly, she reopened them a moment later. "Syndryl, get him out of there!" she yelled out. A moment later an ominous wind passed over the area and a dark blue shape ran into the area on four legs, nearly too fast to be seen. In another instant it was in the water, for in a single jump it had reached the middle of the lake where the boy was. Taking the back of the boy's shirt into his mouth, Syndryl swiftly swum to the surface, despite the water trying to pull him down. As soon as his wings were above water, they flapped down once, then again, pulling both the blue dragon and the boy into the air. Landing on the ground next to Serenity a moment later, Syndryl turned and fired what looked like a ball of white fire into the lake with a large growl that could've been mistaken for something like a roar. Even Syndryl sensed something ominous in there. Kneeling down next to Felix, Serenity looked him over in something of a panic. "Hey kid, you okay? Felix?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Felix had never been afraid of drowning, he'd been so good at swimming since he could remember, but now, it seemed all hope was lost. Lady, find my mom and tell her I love her. Felix closed his eyes and stopped fighting the water. Stupid water. Just when he thought it was over, he felt something yank him upwards. Felix didn't open his eyes, he figured whatever was trying to save him was going to get dragged under as well. You're wasting your time, he thought to himself. When he was finally pulled out of the water and laid on the ground, Felix was too exhausted to bother getting up. When he heard the woman's voice, he blinked open his eyes and started to cough. "You called me Felix," he said as he sat up. He looked at the water which was steaming. Had he heard a roar?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Serenity was visibly relieved when the kid opened his eyes, and moved to turn him onto his side. "If there's water in your lungs, it's better you cough it out right away," she told him, patting his back lightly, and ignoring his little comment. "What happened?" she asked.

Syndryl walked up next to them, his head peering over Serenity's to look at the boy she was tending to. "There's something in that water. Not physical, I'd wager, but some sort of ominous spirit. It tried to pull me down along with the boy," he spoke, looking back to the lake curiously. "I'll be right back," he said calmly, before walking to the edge of the water. Flapping his wings, he rose ever so slightly from the ground and brought himself over the lake, looking down into it as if trying to see inside a mirror.

"Syndryl, you shouldn't..." Serenity started, but she was quickly cut off by the dragon.

"Don't doubt me, I'll be fine. Let me appease my curiosity."

Last edited by Serenity on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Felix rolled hjs eyes as he was rolled over. Despite his relucatance, he started to cough. When he saw the dragon he gasped. "That's not humanly possible," he said as he pointed at the dragon. He looked at Serenity. "Is that a summoning?" He asked. When the dragon started towards the water, Felix immediately protested after Serenity. "Don't, it's a Water Spirit, leave it alone!" He said as he stood up. Felix looked at Serenity. "Tell him to stop!" Felix snapped. His blue eyes wide. "It's dangerous, and it's my fault for bothering it, so just leave it alone before it kills somebody." The last thing Felix wanted to do was to piss off a water spirit. He could only imagine how it might affect the entire village. He should have listened to his mother and all the villagers and left the lake alone. It was no wonder everyone avoided this place.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Serenity looked to Syndryl as the kid gasped, nodding when Felix asked if it was a summoning. "Yeah, something like that."

Syndryl looked at the boy as he started panicking, making his way over to the two humans before landing softly on the ground next to them. "A water spirit is nothing to worry about," he said simply, sitting down and looking at Serenity. "I suspect you'd like to read that scroll before I leave," he said, the borrowed dark blue eyes peering at her.

Serenity nodded. "Yes. What use would a scroll be if I couldn't read it?"

"None at all," he responded. "Is that wolf still around? I'd very much like to see if it can speak."

Serenity couldn't help but smile. "You tell me not to go looking for danger, yet my protector can seek it at will?"

The dragon snorted. "Such a thing's no danger to me." He looked to the boy, giving his head a light bow. "My name is Syndryl, boy. Out of curiosity, I might stay with you and your new friend until you find this treasure."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 am

Felix was starring madly at the dragon. It was talking! He stepped back when the thing approached them. "Nothing to worry about? It tried to kill me," Felix protested. His silver hair dripping with water. He would have shaken his head, but he didn't want to get the lady wet. As the woman and the dragon exchanged words, Felix felt left out of the conversation, so he starred at the water. It was calmer now. He wondered what the water spirit looked like and just how dangerous it was. Felix hoped they hadn't made it too made. He'd have to consult with the village elder about how to fix this little mess. Felix sighed. His mother was going to kill him. When the dragon finally acknowledged him, Felix shuddered lightly. "My name is Felix," he said shortly. "And...um, thanks for saving me." He looked at Serenity. "Can I continue to help you with the treasure hunting, I promise I won't get in the way," he said innocently. As he spoke, Kane came up beside him and gave him a small nudge.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Syndryl looked at the boy Felix as he said that the spirit had tried to kill him. "Ah, well...usually they're very calm. That is, until their territory is tread upon." Once more he looked around. "Which is another reason I'm curious about that wolf." He noticed the way Felix shuddered, and he'd noticed earlier how the boy had looked at him. "Thank her," he said, nodding towards Serenity. "She gave the order." He tilted his head a bit, then turned into a human form. "Would it ease you if I took this form instead?" he asked nonchalantly. His dark blue eyes in his human form were dull, and clearly unseeing.

Serenity listened to Syndryl speak to Felix, while her eyes stayed on the lake. She knew something bad had been coming. It was her second gift, and her second curse. Why she continued to distrust herself was something she could not figure out. Serenity looked at Felix as he asked if he could help her. "Are you sure that's going to be okay? Will you be missed at home?" she asked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 am

Felix shot Syndryl a glare. "I wasn't scare," he said with a small pout as he crossed his arms over his chest and turned his nose up in the air. When Serenity asked if he would be missed at home, he shook his head. "Nopes, you can just tell my mom that I was out treasure hunting with you when we get back," he said with a smile. "I'm kidding, she'll be okay without me. As long as I come back in one piece, I'll be okay. Oh, and thanks ma'am, for saving me." He then looked at Syndryl. It was then that Felix noticed the eyes. Slowly he approached the dragon in human skin. Reaching up, he started for Syndryl's eyes, but stopped. Withdrawing his hand he shook his head. "You're blind," said the silver haired child. His innocent was very clear at that moment. "You're not a summoning, are you." He glanced at Serenity as he said that. "Why is that wolf so important to you?" It's a coward if you ask me. Or maybe it wanted her to have the scroll...what if it's a trap?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 am

Syndryl gave a kind-looking smile when Felix said that he hadn't been scared. In fact, Syndryl was amused. "Whatever you say." Serenity, on the other hand, gave a small giggle at Felix's child-like display. Then again, he really was still just a child. "Don't mention it," she said with a smile when Felix thanked her. Serenity and Syndryl both watched as Felix approached the dragon. Syndryl, though blind, seemed to be watching more intently than Serenity was, as if his guard was subtly up. He nodded lightly when Felix mentioned he was blind. Serenity was the one to speak at Felix's question. "Like I said, he's something like a summoning. I'm not a ninja, so I can't use chakra in such a way. I have a contract with him though," she told him.

Syndryl smiled a bit at Felix's question about the wolf. "Why do you think it is that the wolf did not get pulled in by the water spirit?" he asked. At that, Serenity's eyes seemed to light up, as if suddenly understanding something she had not before. "It didn't even fight for that scroll," he said, nodding his head towards the scroll Serenity had.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am

Felix found it creepy at how the dragon could 'see' without actually seeing. He almost asked if the dragon could see him, but then he figured it might just be sense of smell. But he's looking at me, Felix argued. The young boy shook his head, pushing the thoughts aside. "Contract? With a dragon? Why?" He asked. Still young and curious, Felix was a bookworm. He enjoyed knowledge, for knowledge was power. When Syndryl asked about the wolf, Felix answered right away. "Because, it's a part of nature. It needs water to survive, and maybe the water spirit protects this place, like a sacred ground for the animals." Felix shrugged. The Village of Fallen Rains was fairly secluded from all other villages, so they had their own ways. The foundation and structure of the village was less modern than others. All children were taught to respect nature and the spirits within it. Sometimes Felix had his doubts, but when encountering such spirits, he was quickly reassured that they were above him. "Maybe the wolf didn't bother fighting because the scroll is a trap. On a less depressing side, maybe it knew the water spirit was going to protect it, so it didn't bother fighting back. Either way, it sort of led us into a trap."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:54 am

Serenity shrugged when Felix asked why. "I was in a bind, and he came to my aid with reasonable terms. To be honest, it seemed like the only choice I had at the time." When Syndryl gave a snort, Serenity shot him a glare. "What was that for?"

"And here I thought you spoke the truth. I would not have harmed you, had you declined my offer. It'd have been a waste of energy." He then turned his attention to the boy, ignoring Serenity's irritated look. "No, I believe the scroll is the real thing. Perhaps the wolf did expect the spirit to help it. And also...it could've gone ahead to warn whatever else is protecting the treasure," he said casually.

Serenity's shoulders nearly slumped. "Great. Just great. Why didn't you mention this earlier?"

Syndryl shrugged, and his eyes seemed to stare into nothing, though he still seemed present in the conversation. "Because whatever is to come is no match for me," he said, as if the answer would've been obvious to her.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next