Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village of Fallen Rains

2 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

The Village of Fallen Rains - Page 12 Empty Re: The Village of Fallen Rains

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 am

(Yep. Eeeveryone loves Syndryl. Even this creep.)

Serenity didn't answer Madness as it asked how Syndryl came to contract with her. She paused when it mentioned what the kid had said. Funny how Madness had used Jake's name, rather than Felix's. She shook her head. "I don't believe you," she told it. "They wouldn't leave me." Her gaze fell to rest on the two red eyes as it came closer to her. She swallowed. It was true, the kid did act a lot like Jake had when he'd been alive several hundred years before. "It...wouldn't matter. The kid's not Jake," she responded, almost uncertainly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 am

"Why so uncertain? You don't sound so convinced yourself. Did I not say I know all. That boy is your precious Jake. And just think, the two of you will be together for a very long time," Madness mused. "Oops, that was supposed to be a secret, haha, oh well. Cat's out of the bag now." Madness leaned forward. "By the way, both children just exited the Pass, Syndryl's right behind them. He's just apologizing for leaving you behind. How kind of him. Tell me, did you apologize to Liora when she died in your arms?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:57 am

Serenity seemed frozen to the spot as Madness told her that boy was Jake. It hadn't been wrong about anything so far. Which meant that the kid really was Jake. And it meant they were all leaving her. She was starting to figure out that the reason she never called the kid by name was because she was afraid she might mess up and call him Jake by accident. Her shoulders slumped. If her friends left without her, Madness might call off the deal. It might not let her leave, even if she accepted the deal afterwards. At Madness's words, all those horrid memories washed over her and she nearly broke down. Instead, she simply bowed her head. "Yes..." she replied quietly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 am

Madness was fairly thrilled with this little specimen. "And she finally admits to something. Tell me Serenity, will you be willing to make some changes in your life. Will allow me to see a world outside of this one. Will you make a deal with me, just as you signed a contract with Syndryl. Be my vessel for a couple of years, and then find me a new one and I will let you go, simple as that."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 am

Serenity didn't raise her head when Madness stated that she finally admitted to something. Though she did look up, though only slightly, when Madness asked her to let it see a world outside of the Pass. So...that was the deal? That was it? Serenity looked back down. "You'll...leave everyone else alone?" Though, when she said that, the boy was her main concern. Syndryl was there too, but now that she knew who that boy really was...
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:15 am

Madness nodded. "Yes, I will," it promised. "But you must find me a more suitable vessel in a few years. I will let you know when, but first, I want to see the world for what it is." It gave a grin. "I'm sure it's hideous. Foul humans and their foul ways. No appreciation for nothing. Bothering spirits and creatures that should not be bothered. Trespassing on my turf without being welcomed, and all for what, a treasure that you still haven't found."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 am

Serenity seemed relieved when it agreed to leave the others alone. "Then...I'll make a deal with you..." she said quietly. She wanted to leave, but fell silent when he mentioned the treasure. In all the chaos, she'd forgotten about it. All this trouble, and for what? Nothing. Just to end up in a worse place than she'd been. She'd gotten Syndryl badly hurt, and the kid nearly killed. She looked warily at Madness as it grinned at her.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:35 am

"Well then, our meeting here is over," Madness said with assurance. "Take me to view the greatest sights on this hideous planet." With that, he allowed Serenity to gain consciousness. Zane was standing near Serenity, so that Syndyrl could be close to the blond woman. The badger was still bristling until Serenity was released from Madness's grip, or so it thought. It had no idea that Madness had become a part of Serenity, or that it's former owner had a piece of the Madness laying dormant in him. Felix and Mekko had already left and were on their way home. Felix had to take out both guards once more, along with two more, but it was all good. Taking Mekko home, the young shinobi hurried home to his own mother.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 am

When Serenity gained consciousness, she sat up with a gasp, panting lightly. Nothing felt different at the moment. Only when she awoke she'd felt as if she'd just been winded. Taking a deep breath, Serenity looked around, her eyes widening when she saw Zane and Syndryl next to her. Her eyes nearly teared up. "Y-you didn't leave me..." There was no other emotion that the look on her face could have been mistaken for. She couldn't have been happier to see Syndryl.

The dragon cocked his head to the side when Serenity said that he didn't leave her. He only gave a light smile and shook his head. "Course not. What kind of contractor would I be if I broke my word on a few scrapes and bruises?" It was only then that Serenity realized; Syndryl was still very hurt. Taking a breath, she stood up and looked around, but then paused. "Where's the kid..? And that little girl..?" she asked.

Syndryl merely shook his head. "It was too dangerous. I told them to get out while they could." He didn't want Serenity knowing what had really happened.

Of course, Serenity forced Syndryl to ride on Zane until they got out of the Pass, where she could properly heal him. It was also where he revealed the orbs he had found on the ship. It was clear Serenity couldn't believe that things had turned out okay the way they did. Serenity didn't use her wish right away, saying that something like that wasn't something one just wasted without thought. Syndryl, on the other hand, didn't have to think too hard about his wish. He revived Mekko's father. The man he had devoured in the Unknown. The one who's shape he'd stolen. And to be fair, the one that got them into the whole mess with the Krakken in the first place. But Syndryl decided not to hold that against the guy. Surprisingly enough, Mekko's father seemed to like the dragon. Though he didn't plan on getting eaten again, he said that after he died, he'd return his soul to the dragon so that he could take on his form again, if he'd grown attached to it, that was. Syndryl said he'd think about the offer.

Syndryl had also made sure to modify the deal he had with Serenity. Two hundred years every hundred years would go to him, just so he could give life to Zane, so that one day he could return the badger to it's rightful owner. After Syndryl convinced Serenity he was fine, he managed to return to the Unknown, and gained his eyes back for a day, while Serenity spent twenty-four hours blind, as a side effect of their contract. Serenity returned to traveling, but not treasure hunting. It would be a long, long while before she ever went on a treasure hunt again.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12