Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 am

God I feel like an ass. Felix gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry," he responded. Conversion. Dead. Felix felt bad now. He should have just let it go when she said it was complicated. Curiosity had killed the cat. Felix sighed. Now what were they going to do? Nothing, sit here like sad little people while they waited for the Ex Prince Charming to bring their food. Great, this night was turning out horrible.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 am

(She tried to tell him)

Suki gave him a small smile when he apologized. "Don't, really...y-you didn't know," she said, trying to get over the awkwardness of it all. She fell silent and looked down when he didn't say anything. She had to think of a conversation topic. He was about to have a kid, right? That was something she didn't talk to Tara much about. Yeah, that would work. "So, um...do you know if...you know, I mean...if your kid's going to be a-a boy or a girl yet?" she asked, bringing her gaze to Felix. Hopefully this would turn things around.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 am

Why was she talking about his kids? She must have been desperate for some sort of conversation. He shook his head. "Two girls," he answered. "And...you're speaking in broken words...aka stuttering." He had said ti so casually one could not tell if he was teasing or concerned. Felix was just that good. He was good at a lot of things, or at least he liked to think that. He was conceited.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 am

Suki gave a light smile when he said two girls. So he was having twins. Sure, Suki was jealous of Serenity, but that didn't mean she couldn't be happy for Felix. And she was happy for him too. Her smile faded a bit when he mentioned her stuttering and she looked off to the side a bit. "...qu-quiet you..." Ah, so they were back to teasing again, were they? Or had he just been being concerned? With Felix, she could never really tell. (I just realized, Felix is almost the equivalant of Barney Stinson in anime form.)

Kana was still going through the videos on the TV, in fast forward of course, to see if anything else had happened while her and Felix were down and out for the count. Nothing so far. She'd managed to bring herself back to concentrating on the mission for the most part, writing down notes for ideas as she watched the videos. Nothing but her and Felix coming and going throughout the house so far. She paused when something hit her. Could somebody have used a jutsu on themselves to make them look like one of the two, knowing there were cameras in the house? Kana sighed. She'd have to put up some chakra disrupting seals around the house, but she had no chakra to put into them. And Kyla said it would take a couple days for the potion thing to get done. She couldn't wait that long, someone could come into the house at any given moment! Better to be safe than sorry. Kana took out her cell phone and sent a text to one of the few ANBU she felt she could trust.

Hey Kymin. It's Kana. Listen, think you can do me a favor?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 am

(lol)

Felix smirked. "Why are you telling me to hush, you're the one who did it." He shook his head. "Why are you being so sensitive?" He was joking of course, but if she wanted to tell him to hush he could ever so easily make this unforgettably horrible. He'd do such a thing. But in the end, he'd make it all up to her so she'd end up having a good night. Then came Luke with their drinks. "Your food will be ready shortly, sorry for the delay," and then he walked off. Felix couldn't help but give a small look. Poor guy was just as uncomfortable as Suki was. Felix would be nice and leave him a hefty tip.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:08 am

(You know who Barney Stinson is, don't you? Please say yes...)

Suki gave him a small look when he said that she was the one who did it. At that, she'd almost stooped to childishness and stuck out her tongue, but she managed to resist such doing such an immature act. She blinked as he asked why she was being so sensitive. "That's a joke, right?" she asked, her head tilted a bit. Poor Suki never had been very good at telling sarcasm from seriousness. Suki couldn't bring herself to look at Luke as he brought their drinks, but muttered a small thanks. The more she saw him, the more awkward it became, and the worse she felt. It wasn't putting her in a bad mood, it just made the dinner a little awkward.

Yeah sure. What do you need?

Kana looked at the text for a moment, debating whether or not to tell him over text. If someone got a hold of one of their phones, it would ruin the point of even having the seals put up. So instead of telling him, she texted back:

Not over text. Come over my place, and we'll talk. It's rather sensitive.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 pm

(yes)

"Oh you're being real mature," he commented when she stuck out her tongue. Felix realized with a jolt that that had been similar to what he'd told Kana earlier. Maybe he should apologize to her, maybe he had been overreacting and with the riddle...oh yeah, the riddle. He had to figure that out. Felix tapped his fingers along the edge of the table until Suki spoke. "Huh? Yeah, it was a joke," he answered. He thought he'd made it pretty clear that it was. Maybe she hadn't realized that. Now he was just distracted. This night was about to take a turn for the worst.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 am

(Lol, I said she didn't stick her tongue out. Oh well, it worked nicely into your post.)(And uh-oh at that last line...)

Suki gave a light smile and a shrug when he said that she was being real mature. She blinked when he started tapping his finger's on the side of the table, then again when he asked 'huh' before answering. "You okay?" He seemed a bit distracted now. Had she said something, or was it the mission he was thinking about? Or maybe even Serenity? It wouldn't surprise her, Felix had a lot on his plate lately, from what she could tell. With having kids, to this mission he was on, then having been in the hospital. Yeah, seemed like he'd been through a lot lately.

What Kana hadn't expected was that Kymin was at the house within ten minutes. So when he knocked on the door, Kana was almost a little suspicious. When she opened the door and saw that it was him, her expression must have given her away, because the first thing he asked was "...what?" Kana shook her head a bit. "Just..how close to the house were you?" At that, Kymin smiled. "I walked fast."

For a moment Kana stayed silent, then shrugged. "Come on in," she said, moving out of the way and closing the door when he came in. He turned to look at her. "So, what'dya need?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 am

(more than a lot if you ask him.)

Felix nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, sorry about that." He gave her an apologetic look and then turned his head as Luke came over with their food. Great distraction. "Thank you," Felix said. Luke nodded. "Have a good meal, wave me over if you need anything." He seemed less depressed, possibly because he'd been yelled at for looking like he'd been here all his life with nothing to look forward to anymore. His boss expected perkiness.

(It'd be weird if Felix came home and Kymin was still there.)
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 am

(Yes it would be, but I had different plans for when he comes home, and this time around, they don't include Kymin. Some other time. Wink )

Suki gave Felix a nod when he said that he was fine, looking a bit relieved. For the most part, Suki was doing well with not being depressed about all that was going on, what with seeing her ex and the fight with Tara earlier. "Don't worry about it. I'm sure you've got a lot on your mind lately," she said with a light smile. When Luke came over again, Suki also looked less awkward than she had before, managing to give him a light smile and say "Thank you" when he brought the food. Even so, having her ex bringing them food was rather awkward in itself.

Kana turned to look at Kymin, leaning against the front door a moment before speaking. "I need to put up some chakra disrupting seals around the apartment."

Kymin blinked. "And you need me for this, because....?"

"Because, I need you to put them up. In that whole ordeal with Felix, my chakra flow got screwed up. I can't do it myself, at least not for a couple more days, and I don't want to wait that long. The sooner it gets done the better," she said. When Kymin didn't respond, Kana tilted her head. "What?"

"Why chakra disrupting seals?"

"Because...if someone comes in the house while me and Felix are here, with the state the both of us are in, we can use any advantage we can get. And you're the only one I trust enough right now to put these damn things up for me."

"Felix?"

"He's on a date. Me and him aren't getting along so well right now, as it seems."

"As it seems?"

".....are you gonna help me or not?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 pm

"It's no excuse to make this night unpleasant," he said apologetically. He gave a nod and smirked. "Besides, I haven't even started teasing you yet. It was the only thing that would get his mind off the current situation. Felix would feel bad if he let his problems ruin this night for Suki. He refused to allow that to happen. He'd won the bet, asked her out to dinner, and now he'd make the night unforgettable. The question was how. Felix frowned light and started into his steak. "You should consider adding protein into your diet," he said with a grin.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:18 am

Suki couldn't help but to smile at his apologetic statement. She managed a light giggle when he said he hadn't even started teasing her yet. She'd known that it was coming throughout the whole date, no matter how Felix tried to put it off. Suki started on her salad before Felix started, what Suki assumed to be, the beginning of his teasing. "Who's to say I don't already have protein in my diet?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah, no prob, I was just curious." A stare from Kana. "Er. Right...Do you have the scrolls written up already?"

Kana pushed herself off the door and started towards the kitchen where there were several scrolls laid out on the table, one and a half of them having inscriptions on them. "I'd started as soon as I got done texting you, but you came over a bit quickly. Start on that last one, I'll finish up the one that's half done," she instructed. As usual, Kana was taking the role of captain, considering he was an ANBU. Didn't bother thinking about the fact that it was him helping her out this time.

When Kana sat down at the table, Kymin looked at her, noticing that she hadn't been moving her right arm at all. "It's still not fully healed, huh...?" he asked, sitting down at the table as well. When Kana sent him a sharp look about that, he shut up and got to work.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

"Considering how svelte you are, I'd say you have little to no protein in your diet, even for a woman. But you've got some good reflexes. What I can't answer is how you're so good. I'd say it was because of your dancing, but if I'm correct, Tara is the one that dances. Unless you're like some secret dancer or something." He smirked. "And I don't mean exotic either." Felix heard a woman behind him gasp, and wondered if she'd turned around to give him one of the looks that said, 'How inappropriate of you.' If she was nice, she probably would have even added 'sir' to it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 am

(OMFG LMFAO. Like Ziade! XD)(And what does svelte mean? 0.o)

Suki raised an eyebrow a bit as he said that he'd say she had very little protein in her diet, even for a woman. Honestly, she was a bit surprised he hadn't said girl, rather than woman. She couldn't help but smirk a little when he said that she had some good reflexes. It was a good thing he never saw her violin case up close, or else he might have seen the hidden compartment and figured out that her brother trained her a bit. She tilted her head a bit when he said unless she was some sort of secret dancer or something. "No, not re-....." And then she'd been cut off by his next statement. By which a blush was brought to her face. When Suki heard the woman gasp, she almost felt the need to tell the lady to shut it and mind her own business, but she behaved herself and stayed quiet. "And so it begins...?" They both knew what she was talking about. The teasing that Felix had promised her. She'd almost hoped he'd forgotten, but that was like hoping that Tara wouldn't gossip about the next hottest fashions.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 pm

(lol, Ziade. And svelte is a term scrawny people use, it basically means slender. They like the word better than scrawny.)

Felix smirked as she said it was beginning. He gave her a nod and sat back in his seat. "Was that no not really to the dancing or to the protein?" He asked as he cut a piece of his steak, and waved it from side to side as he said protein. "Yes, salad is good for vegetarians and and horses and stuff, but i mean you, Suki you should really consider protein. For I am sure someone as beautiful and talented as yourself has some rather die hard fans." Partial tease, partial truth. Felix could blend it all in together if he wanted. And so he did.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:40 am

(Ah, I see. For a moment I thought you'd epically spell failed, or made the word up. Guess not. Wink )

Of course he nodded. Because now he was going to pay her back ten fold with teasing for what she'd made him go through earlier that day. "Both," she said in regards to his question, smiling a bit as he waved the steak back and forth. "Really Felix, you shouldn't play with your food," she said as if she sounded disappointed in him for being so immature. It was obvious that she was teasing him back though. She wasn't the type of girl to go down without a fight. Most of the time, anyways. Though, his next statement did make her blush. 'Someone as beautiful and talented as yourself.' Okay, now he was just screwing with her. "I'm not sure if I should say thanks or shut up right about now," she said, looking down in embarrassment, taking another forkful of her salad.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 am

(lol, not a chance. nice video btw)

Felix smirked. "I'm not playing with my food. That would be inappropriate of me. Besides, there are hungry starving children out there who would rather enjoy this steak. Come to think of it, they need protein too." Felix nodded until the woman grumbled behind him. Felix shook his head. "Anyway, you should tell me to shut up, it was a tease." His eyes said otherwise. Usually he hide how he felt because his eyes gave a lot away, but he wanted her to know that he'd meant for it to be a compliment.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am

(Why thankie Smile )(And lol, that woman is bothersome. She should mind her own business. XD)

Suki smiled a bit when he said that it would be inappropriate of him to play with his food. Which was exactly what he was doing. The thought of that was what had made her smile. Suki blinked as the woman behind Felix grumbled. That was the second indication she'd given to tell them that she was listening in on their conversation. The woman reminded Suki of Tara. Had she no good conversation topics to carry on at her table, that she had to sit there and listen in on someone else's conversation? Or was she making their conversation the topic of hers? If the lady kept that up, Suki might have said something to really make the woman grumble. She was in no mood for gossipers given what happened with Tara before she'd come to the restaurant. Suki smiled again when Felix said that she should tell him to shut up. Something in his eyes contradicted his statement, but she wasn't sure if it was just her imagination. "In that case, do shut up Felix," she said in an obviously joking manner. At this point, Suki was just waiting for a topic to come up where she could say something to actually make the woman behind Felix turn all the way around, just so Suki could catch her eye. Something un-lady-like would probably do. Most gossiping women hated un-lady-like things.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm

(lol, just wait)

Felix smirked genuinely. "I'm afraid I cannot follow through with that command Miss Suki. I am one who does not follow directions all that well. You'll have to forgive me for my lack of obedience." Felix hadn't said that line in a very long time. Back when he was a new immortal he'd gotten sarcastic with a snobby princess who'd ordered him to stay out of her business even though she was in his protective custody. Felix grinned at the memory.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 pm

(Oooh, what am I waiting for? Very Happy )(Lol, and a snobby princess)

That smirk of his made Suki wonder what he was up to. She couldn't help but to smile at the way he spoke though. It sounded so old fashioned. Then again, Felix was old. "Tch, see now, that was rude, you tell me to tell you to shut up, and then you just shoot it down like that," she teased, a smile coming to her face after she finished saying it, followed by a light laugh.

When Kymin finished enscribing the scroll, Kana was already up and putting one of the scrolls on a wall behind a painting. She seemed to be rather good at hiding things. When she came back to get the second scroll, he looked at her. "Hey, you said that things aren't going well between you and your partner?" A deadpan look from Kana. "Wanna talk about it?"

".............."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 pm

(you gotta love kana)

Felix shrugged. "What did you expect of me?" He asked. "You knew it'd be coming. I'm suppose to be teasing you all night anyway. That was the outcome of you trying to win the bet against me." Felix crossed his arms behind his head and leaned back. He'd left his protein filled steak alone for the moment. "So Suki, tell me, what do you like to do for fun? I don't see you often, so I don't know, and I think it's only fair that I treat you every now and then."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:03 pm

(But of course!)

Suki couldn't help but shrug when he said she knew it'd be coming. That was true enough. "It's not my fault you give off the impression that you can't control your teasing," she said. She didn't think she'd ever teased someone so much in retaliation before. Well, there was a first for everything. She watched as he leaned back, crossing his arms behind his head. Wasn't he just comfy. She blinked when he asked what she liked to do for fun, then looked down with a light blush. "U-um...it's a bit embarrassing," she said quietly. No one would ever think it of her, but Suki really liked going to arcades. She loved video games, and was actually really good at them, if nothing else. Another reason for her reflexes.

"Come on, it's not like I'm gonna tell him what you said. Bottling it up is only gonna make it worse."

"I said no Kymin," Kana retorted, putting the second scroll in the middle of the living room under the carpet. Kymin leaned back against the side of the doorway to the kitchen as Kana went in to grab the third and last scroll, looking for a place in the kitchen to hide it.

"I won't activate the seals." Kana stopped looking for a spot and looked at Kymin, a bit of shock on her face.

"What?"

"You heard me. No scrolls until you talk to me. Unless you'd rather wait for Felix to get back and put his chakra into them," Kymin said with a shrug, coaxing a glare out of Kana. That manipulative bastard!
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 am

(ooo, nice one)

Felix tapped his fingers along the edge of the table. "Oh come on Suki, it can't be all that embarrassing. If you were to say something like, oh I don't know, knitting socks then I'd question what kind of life you've been living, but I don't see you as the type of girl to knit. I peg you more of a person who paints during spring mornings." He shrugged. "So come on, if it's worse than knitting socks, I'll let you know, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to that horrible task." Not like he would know. Felix was a man and men did not knit. "If it makes you feel better, or more comfortable, I spend my time trying delicious new cakes." He gave a shrug. "I have a thing for cakes and I like to see which ones are the best. I wouldn't say I do it for fun, but it's for my own personal gain, so I suppose it could be listed under fun."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:19 am

(Haha, thought you'd like that.)

Suki squirmed a little in her seat when Felix pressed it, her gaze still on the table. She couldn't help but smile a bit at his comparisons though. She looked at him when he told her what he liked doing for fun. "I would've never thought you to have a sweet tooth..." she muttered. She looked down again, moving her fork idly around her plate. "Fine...I, uh...I like going to...er...arcades..." she muttered, a rosy coating of blush on her face.

"You'd better be joking," Kana said, looking at him.

"Are you amused?" Kana shook her head. "Then clearly I'm not joking." Okay, so in regards to humor, Kymin was a bit conceited. He took pride in the fact that he could always make people laugh, no matter who it was. Even Kana, in the past.

"Listen Kymin, I didn't ask you here so that we could have a little heart-to-heart as I spill mine out to you. I called you here because I need your help with this."

A chuckle from Kymin as he crossed his arms. "Yeah, you're right, you called because you needed my help. And if you want it, I want you to talk to me."

"I am talking to you."

"No, you're talking at me."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:59 am

Felix gave her a look that said 'that's all?' "Seriously? You thought that was embarrassing? Suki, you should have told me this earlier, I would have teased you about it, but now I just find it kind of cute." He smirked. "If you're still in town after next week I'll take you to an arcade." He said. It would be in celebration of him getting to stay in the village and her having something to do with him.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next