Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Chapter (Part 4?)

2 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Last Chapter (Part 4?) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Last Chapter (Part 4?)

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Serenity looked at him as he said that maybe someone would find a way to make even his blood run cold. She couldn't help but smile, and turned her head back to the movie. "Please. Nothing scares you," she told him. She'd purposely turned her head back to the movie before she'd said it, because she wasn't sure she wanted to see his reaction to that. It was something she actually believed. Even now, after she'd seen that he'd been beaten in battle before, after she'd seen him hurt, after she'd seen him hesitate to do something out of what seemed like fear, he still held that invincible air to him. Like nothing could stop him. She knew he wasn't invincible, but still, he held that air about him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm

He wasn't sure if he should have felt pride or a bit uneasy. Did she think bad of him because he felt no fear, or at least seemed as if he had none. He really didn't see what there was to fear when one was immortal. It was probably the case of his recklessness, but he'd learned the hard way that was not the way to do things. The memory of his three teammates dying replayed in his head all over again. That was the night he'd come back to the Crested Village in the rain. He couldn't even make it home that night. Three dead because he'd forgotten that his team was not like them. That they were mortal and could not live through the brutal ambush that they had walked into. Felix still felt responsible for their deaths. It wasn't a day in his life that he did not remember that night. He blinked away the memory and looked at her. The grin that would have accompanied his response would not form. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He asked carefully.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Serenity hadn't actually expected him to respond with a question on it, she'd expected him to tease or something. She blinked and looked at him, noticing the lack of his usual grin. Had she said something wrong? She didn't exactly think that lack of fear was a bad thing. Why would it be? It's not like immortals truly had anything to fear. "Well...a good thing," she said, a bit of surprise at his question slipping into her voice. "Why would it be a bad thing?" she asked, her head tilted a little. For now it seemed that the movie was white noise in the background of their conversation. Perhaps Serenity was getting back into her naiive, childish ways. After all, fearlessness was something only a child would believe in. Right? Serenity felt that fear was a weakness, which was why she always scolded herself for being so fearful of things. Afterall, fear only held a person back, right?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Felix considered her answer. Lack of fear was what had gotten him this far. Shaped him into what he was today. He didn't care about Death he was immortal, you can't kill an immortal. Maybe disable them, but not kill them. That made them sound like machines. Cyborgs of the world. Felix was over thinking this. He shook his head and shrugged as Serenity asked why would it be a bad thing. "I don't know. You tend to get full of yourself when you fear nothing. You think you're at the top, and it's very lonely at the top." He gave a small smirk. "We're missing the movie." He nodded to the tv and faced it. "I was hoping I'd get you to move across the couch in concern, my efforts were fruitless."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Serenity wondered a bit about his answer. Did he consider himself arrogant? That's what it sounded like, at least to her. She nodded lightly as he said that they were missing the movie, an almost mischievous smile crossing over her face as that last bit he said. Since she was done with her rice and dumplings, she closed that box, and decided to save the cake for later. She put the box on the table, with her fork on top of it, and then moved next to Felix on the couch, leaning lightly against him. She looked at him with a smile. "Happy?" Agh, she knew she'd lost the bet, but whatever.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Felix didn't think too much of her putting down her plate, but she leaned against him he almost stopped breathing. There was a moment where he wanted to ask her what she was doing, but the logic in him told him to shut his mouth and cherish the moment. Although he would not make it so easy for her. "So you surrender?" He asked. "That makes you sound like a prisoner....Regardless, you've lost the bet. Lucky for you I thought of no payment." He gave the lightest shrug one could possibly give. He didn't want to risk her moving away from him. "Anyway, I suppose I'm happy enough." He gave her a look that had mock satisfaction written all over it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Serenity looked at him as he asked if she surrendered. "I suppose you could say that," she said, with an almost sly gleam in her eye. "Mmm, that is lucky. I'm glad I hadn't mentioned wagers when we started the bet, or else I might've been in trouble," she said, holding back a giggle. She blinked at his last statement. "Happy enough? Well that's no good," she said, looking almost defeated. "I was sure that I could do better than 'happy enough'," she pouted lightly, a bit of that defeated tone slipping into her voice. Although, it was all play. She was sure that Felix knew that.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm

This was the Serenity he knew. The one who was so childish. He wouldn't change that for the world though. Despite his bitterness at how she looked upon the world, he was glad she was that way. That part of her made up for the lack of imagination in his personality. He couldn't view the world in the eyes of a child. Not like he used to. That didn't matter right now though. All thoughts were being washed away in her presence. The blond hair, the blue eyes, the perfect smile. He'd never been IN love with anyone aside from Meridian, but Serenity, she was what kept him alive. She was the missing key. The only one who could actually bring out the side of him that cared about people. He almost grimaced at how mushy he was getting.

"If you were expecting something better, then inform me on just what that something better would have been." A grin played across his lips as he leaned forward, stopping merely inches from her face. "Were you expecting something like this," he asked as he stole an almost teasing kiss from her. "Or were you expecting something different from that as well?" He asked. "If that is the case then I'm not sure what more I can offer." He shrugged and looked into her eyes. His normal icy stare was fairly warm, almost glowing. Was he seriously going to lose himself tonight? Allow himself to fall for Serenity Mizuraki on the day after he'd gotten back? He couldn't say he was surprised. Who wouldn't want her? Felix started to move back from her, not because of his former thoughts, but to see what she would do. He'd stop now if she didn't want to go through with this. Acting like love struck teenagers may not have been what she was expecting and he did not want to seem overbearing or anything of the sort. He just wanted to spend time with her, nothing more, nothing less.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Serenity looked at Felix as he told her that he wasn't sure of what better he could give her. (Butchered that sentence.) When he grinned, she knew that she should probably have started dreading. When he grinned during moments like this, it only meant teasing to come. But she didn't start dreading. In fact...she was actually kinda looking forward to his teasing. She stayed leaned against him as his face came closer to hers. She knew what he was doing. He did it all the time, when they were all snuggled on the couch like this. Which, really, never happened often, but it happened often enough for Serenity to know what he was doing. Regardless, a light blush danced across her face when he kissed her. As he stared into her eyes, she noticed something. His own eyes seemed to be dancing a bit. It would be obvious to anyone else that he was enjoying himself, but Serenity knew there was a difference between Felix enjoying himself and him being happy. Was...he actually happy? The thought warmed her to the core, but her thoughts were interupted when he moved back. She blinked. "I wasn't expecting that, no...but I can't say it was disappointing," she giggled lightly, the small shade of blush still playing across her face.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 pm

Felix was rather glad she'd said she was not disappointed. The blush on her face increased that feeling of bliss. "Glad to know I have left you content. As well as have the honor of your cherry colored face in my presence. It has been a while since I have seen such a reaction from a lady as beautiful as yourself." He gave a small nod as though he was agreeing with himself. "But, we're still missing the movie." An amused grin evaporated the previous one and he was almost forced to smile, but he refused the idea. He was not going to do such a thing, it was not the time. Nor the place, or the right moment. It would have been too much of a shock. He leaned his shoulder against the couch, so if she were to lean against him, she'd have to lean against his chest. The act was completely innocent, he had not done it intentionally, but it had happened.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 pm

(Innocent my ass.)

Serenity's blush increased a bit at his mention of her blush, and it definitely didn't fade at his comment following. She chuckled almost unnoticeably when he said that they were still missing the movie. When he shifted as such, Serenity had noticed it, wondering if he'd intentionally done it. Whether it had been intentional or not, Serenity had no problems leaning against his chest. In fact, she found a kind of comfort in it. Leaning against him like that, her always tense body seemed to relax. It was rare that Serenity ever relaxed, and it was even more rare to find something or someone that could cause her to relax. She didn't seem to notice, though.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 pm

(lol)

Felix's face went blank to hide the shock of her so willingly leaning against him. This was damn near torture. The jonin wasn't sure what to do anymore. He'd wanted this, he just didn't expect it. Still looking blank in the face, even a bit pale, he wrapped his arms around her in what might have seemed like a hug, but it wasn't. It was more of him keeping her against him. Like a prisoner, afraid that she might suddenly disappear and the feeling would be gone. Felix leaned his head on top of hers and looked at the movie that no longer held interest. Not in the least. His attention was on the warm figure that was pressed up against his chest. He wanted to thank her for this moment, but she probably would have been confused by it. So instead he stayed were he was, basking in presence because it'd be forever before he had a chance to do this again.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Serenity kept her eyes on the screen, but the they'd missed so much of the movie, she didn't really care to pay attention to what was going on. Instead, she stayed leaned against Felix, paying more attention to the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. She blinked in quiet surprise when he wrapped his arms around her. She only seemed to relax more in his arms. She was even more surprised when he leaned his head against hers. Was this her Felix? Had to be, the full moon was still a day away. She smiled lightly at his actions, and leaned into his arms, but not intentionally. It was more like she'd snuggled lightly against him as he held her. She didn't realize it, nor would she care if she had realized it, but she was practically sitting on his lap in a position like this. Even though the movie was playing, she wanted to tell him 'I love you', but the words wouldn't come out. She did love him, but she didn't want to ruin the moment by speaking. Even by speaking those three words, with what had recently happened, those three small words could be a bomb on the moment. No, she wouldn't ruin it. Instead she would stay pressed against him, held in his arms, listening to his steady breathing. She didn't care how bad things got between them, she would never, ever forget this moment.

(Question! Why is he pale?)(Also: *fangirl squeal*)
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:52 am

(Because he can be)(Lol, it wasn't the full moon just yet. Funny.)

Felix hadn't thought the night would go like this. He'd come home pissed off at Kana's stupidity. Just who the hell did she think she was anyway? She was a damn nobody. An overrated orphan who'd pushed everyone away, including the few that gave a damn about her. It was this thought that nearly made him flinch. Kana was just like him. Felix wasn't an orphan, but he'd pushed everyone away and the sad part was, Kana was doing the same he might know the reason why. After all, Serenity had done it to him many times. It was because she didn't want him hurt because, as much as neither of them didn't want to admit it, she was danger prone. A darker side of him told him to let it go, to let her have what she wanted. The loneliness of life bearing down on her shoulders. Just how long could she keep it up?

He gave a light sigh. He didn't want to think about this at the moment. He needed something to erase the thoughts from his head. To put him into a different world of thoughts. These were not the ones he wanted. He started to ask her if she wanted a girl or a boy, but the question would not form into words. He was curious as to her thoughts, but it wasn't necessary for them to think of this. Felix's brain was starting to desperately search for a topic of conversation. In the process he was getting annoyed and a frown was forming upon his face. Thankfully he was over Serenity so she couldn't see it. "I want origini before I leave. As payment for you losing the bet," he mumbled into her soft hair.

The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 pm

(Awww, so he finally figured it out)

Serenity couldn't help but wonder why he'd sighed. Had a thought popped into his head, or was it more like a sigh of relief or something? It didn't sound like the latter. Regardless, she wouldn't ask. It might ruin the moment, and that was the last thing she wanted. The very very very very last thing she wanted. She blinked at his request, a bit surprised by the suddenness of it. But then she smiled lightly. "That's it?" she gave a light chuckle. "I would've thought you would've had something more devious in mind," she told him lightly, obviously joking. She then nodded. "Onigiri it is then," she said. She was getting a bit too relaxed. And when she was relaxed, she tended to say what was on her mind, whether she wanted to or not. But she couldn't help it. It's not like it was her fault Felix had decided to put his arms around her. "Felix...?" A few seconds pause. "It feels nice...having your arms around me," she told him softly, her voice little more than a whisper as her head laid against his chest. Yep. Way too relaxed.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:15 am

(Unfortunately yes, he did.)

Felix nodded. "That's all." Yes, he could have been a bit more devious, but he'd been desperate for some kind of conversation before his thoughts killed the moment and everything would be ruined. The young appearance wise ninja looked at Serenity as she made her comment. He didn't know what to say to that. He started to lift her up so that they could lay down, but he stopped himself with a quickness. He had more control than most people. After all he's had years of practice. "Then you wouldn't mind me holding you here a little longer?" He asked. It wasn't exactly rhetoric, but at the same time it kind of was.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:28 am

Serenity would've been glad that he hadn't thought of anything devious, but she was a little too busy leaning on Felix to care. By looking at her, you would think that she was ready to fall asleep, but she wasn't. Not yet anyways. She smiled at his question, shaking her head. Almost completely unconsciously, Serenity wrapped her arms gently around Felix. She wasn't sure if she was hugging him, or holding him like he was doing her. She shook her head silently in response to his question. What she wanted to say was that he could hold her as long as he wanted. Because honestly, she wouldn't give a damn. She loved having him hold her...
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:38 am

Felix tensed a bit as she wrapped her arms around him. How could she be so relaxed? She must have been the one that was.....He let the thought trail off. A second there he wondered if she was drunk. The thought brought a grin to his face. "You're fairly relaxed," he commented. Yes, he felt the need to tease her. He gave a small chuckle. Felix was about to enjoy the hell out of himself. Yes he was. There would be no end to it, not one bit of an end. He rubbed his hand up and down her back. "We should dance," he said out of the blue. "But that would mean getting up, and I for one, do not wish to get up from where I am now."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:46 am

Serenity didn't feel him tense when she wrapped her arms around him, or else she probably would've moved. She blinked when he said that she was fairly relaxed. Was she? She didn't notice... "I...um..." she wasn't sure how to respond to that. "Am I...?" she finally decided on. She herself almost tensed when she felt his hand rubbing up and down her back. He was...this wasn't really like him. But there was no way this couldn't be him. She blinked in surprise when he said that they should dance. That was random. "Mm..me either," she said when he said that he didn't want to get up. She was too relaxed to get up right now. But...they hadn't danced in a long time. It would be nice to dance with him again.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:55 am

(losing herself)

Felix couldn't help but laugh at her sudden surprise. "Don't worry, it's not a bother," he said. "I mean, it just makes things less complicated for you to be so relaxed." Since he'd been leaning on the side of the couch with his shoulder he could easily lean backwards and that he did, purposely bringing Serenity with him, but his grip on her loosened so that if she wish to get up she could. Felix relaxed against the chair and turned his face to the movie. It looked at as if it'd been on his mind all this time. It was nearing the end.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:02 am

(Lies.)

Serenity blushed lightly as he laughed, wondering if he'd been teasing her. What did he mean by less complicated? She didn't know, and really didn't want to think on it too much. For her to be so relaxed around him...meant that she was starting to forgive herself. Was that something she wanted? She ignored the thought, blinking when Felix leaned back, but didn't protest. Instead, she went down with him, laying her head lightly on his chest, turning her head towards the movie as well. She only noticed a few moments later that her head had ended up right over his heart, and she could hear it beating. She smiled lightly. This night wasn't going the way she'd planned. Not at all. It was going much, much better.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:18 pm

(TRUTH)

Felix smirked at her blush. "You keep that up and you'll be the color or a cherry," he said ever so lightly. Almost as if it wasn't to be heard, but at the same time it was for he was teasing her. He knew it'd be years before he'd ever get a chance like this. Maybe in a way he was taking advantage of this situation. Using it as a fall back for when they had to separate, or in case an argument occurred. He felt a twinge of guilt. He didn't want to think of himself as using Serenity. This moment was suppose to be special. Not a sudden act of being childish. Yet, wasn't it better to look at it that way? Felix took in a deep breath, forcing his brain to shut down and go into a less think-happy mode. Felix gave an almost impish grin at his next statement, only because he was fully expecting a reaction. "On a scale of one to ten, I'd give this night as of far a 7.3." He was really rating it a 12, but hey, he wanted a reaction.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm

(Hmph.)

Serenity's blush didn't fade one little bit at Felix's next comment. "S-shut up..." she whispered, embarrassed. She blinked at Felix's comment, raising her head to look at him, pulling one of her hands out to prop herself up lightly. "W-wait...really?" she asked, quite obvously surprised by this. She was rating it more like...a fifteen. In addition to her surprise, she was also a bit disappointed. She was hoping that it had been better for him. He sure was hard to please.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 am

(don't hmph me.)

Felix shifted, looking rather uncomfortable when Serenity propped herself up. "I was kidding," he said. "You didn't really believe I was rating this as a 7 did you? Dear Serenity, how little you know of me." He gave her a kiss, a very short one, not teasing, but it was careful. "This experience cannot be measure in words or numbers and therefor I shall not try. It is infinite." He pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Does that answer put your mind at ease?" He asked. Felix was being rather kind about today despite the events that had occured over the past few months. In fact, it may have proved that he did want to move on, that or he was just really having a good time. The latter may have been the obvious choice because he was indeed having a great time, but the former was also why he was acting this way. It just depended on how one looked at it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 am

(HMPH!)(And lol, he did ask for a reaction.)

Serenity noticed his uncomfortable expression, and shifted herself a bit, as to make it more comfortable for him. Her blush, which had been fading a moment before, returned when he kissed her. Even moreso when he pushed a strand of hair from her face. She smiled at his question. "As a matter of fact, it does," she said with a light, almost unnoticeable giggle. She kept her gaze on him a moment before agreeing suddenly with his former thought. "Hm....we should dance," she said with a light smile. Since they had shifted a bit, Serenity was starting to feel as if she actually did want to move now, but at the same time, she was also perfectly content with laying her head on his chest and just laying there with him. Hmm, so many choices, and only a night in which to make them...
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next