Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where It All Began

2 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Where It All Began - Page 3 Empty Re: Where It All Began

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Felix had back stories for everything, so he was prepared for Kim's onslaught of questions. He smirked when Kim spoke of getting engaged to strangers. "I am not a stranger," Felix stated. "Me and Suki have been friends since she was nine years old," he said with a nod. He then glanced upwards when Suki introduced them. "Hello, Kim." He then stood up, so he didn't have to keep turning around. Glancing towards the door, he looked back to Kim. "The long story is, me and Suki have been friends for a long time, but I was only staying here in the Gears temporarily. It wasn't until ten years later that we ended up meeting in the Rock." Felix gave a small smile. "It was a transfer mission, so we got to see each other a couple of times, but then I had to go home." Felix shrugged. "So, I came here after a while and to my surprise, I met Suki again." He smiled lightly. "I figured I'd wasted enough time not being with the one girl I cared about, so I made the decision to propose." Felix tilted his head slightly. "That's the long story."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Kim eased up on leaning on the counter once Felix stood up to talk to him. He seemed genuinely interested in the story of how they'd met, then glanced to Suki, and back to Felix, but there was a slightly suspicious look on his face. Just how old was this guy, anyways? Suki was nearly fourty, so this guy had to be older than sixty. One couldn't take on transfer missions under the age of twenty, or so he was told. Maybe that was just a Gears thing. Once Felix finished the story, Kim was silent a moment before looking to Suki. The guy seemed nice enough to her. But, there was one thing that'd bugged him about the ending of that little story. He looked back to Felix. "Do you love her?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Felix was curious as to why the guy was looking so suspicious. The silver haired immortal had made certain not to tell Kim he was immortal. Felix didn't need the world knowing what he was. People would eventually find out if he didn't move away every now and then, so the move to the Crested was good. Felix blinked as if Kim had just said pigs could fly. What kind of stupid question was that? "Of course I do," he said. Felix may have had a new soul, but he was still Felix. One didn't change overnight. Trying not to sound defensive he continued, "I wouldn't purpose just for the fun of it."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Suki looked down and blushed when Kim asked Felix a silly question. Of course, Felix's response didn't help with her mild embarrassment. Kim was being a little too overprotective. And hell, they were talking like she wasn't even there. She leaned against one of the walls without an instrument on it and looked to the side. "I'm still here," she mumbled.

Kim couldn't help but give a small grin when Suki finally spoke up. "Hey, I'm just trying to make sure he's a good guy," he said with a smile. "Can't have my best friend marrying some douchebag." He looked to Felix. "Looks like I won't have to crash the wedding, though. You're okay," he said, offering his hand to Felix for a handshake, a smile crossing over his face.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Felix raised a brow and looked to Suki. He kind of forgot she was there. "Um...." He gave a small chuckle and then looked back to Kim. "No need to worry, I'll take very good care of Suki," he said as he shook the other man's hand. Felix would never harm Suki. Now that he didn't have the Blue Demon, he was sure it was okay to be with here. He looked to Suki. "I'm going to go back to my corner now," he said as he slid to the ground and resumed his position of looking at the wall with little interest.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Had they actually forgot that she was there? Felix had given an 'um' when it was mentioned, but usually Kim was very good at playing off embarrassing situations as things that he'd meant to do. She only gave a small chuckle though, when Felix sat back down behind the counter. Shaking her head, she looked at Kim. "I forgot to ask when you were here earlier, but how're things going? With those Aussir people I mean."

Kim turned around to face Suki, leaning against the counter. He gave a sigh at the mention of the group. "Agh, they won't leave me alone. I told them my machines aren't for sale, but these guys just don't take no for an answer." He shook his head. "Guess I should've expected it though. Word of unrest is coming through the mountains. Cannons and such are gonna be in high demand soon enough." Kim sounded rather irritated by the idea.

Suki gave a small, sympathetic smile. "Maybe you should go underground for a bit. It'll get them off your back," she suggested.

"No way. If I run, they'll just follow, or raid my stuff. There's no way I'm destroying those things, I worked way too hard on them." When Suki gave a sigh, Kim felt a bit bad, and gave a small grin. "Hey don't worry though. I can handle a renegade group like them. They're just wannabe revolutionaries after all. Not much of a threat to anyone."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Blue eyes opened when he heard Suki and Kim talking about a group he'd never heard of. When the conversation came to a pause, Felix tapped the counter. "Sounds to me like I should be wary of you," he said. "Revolutionaries and things of the such a pretty dangerous." He didn't bother getting up. "Just what kind of work are you into?" The silver haired shinobi was curious as to what Kim did and why it was so important. He hadn't realized that the Gears was having trouble, or at least that's what it sounded like. Probably because he was no longer a ninja, but it didn't matter, he wanted to know what was going on.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Kim turned his head towards Felix's voice as he spoke. "I'm not really a threat to anyone either," he joked. He really couldn't do much in terms of fighting. All his skills went into his machinery. "I build machines. Mostly guns and cannons of the sort. I've sold to the military of the Gears before, but these guys are a different ball game entirely," he said with a shrug. He didn't mind telling people what he did. He was more carefree than most people in his line of work. Kim was one of the reasons why the Gears flourished so well. No one wanted to mess with a village that had heavy duty machines on their side, when pure manpower was all they had.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Felix slowly stood up. Kim had gotten his attention. "You make weapons." He looked the guy over once. "No offense, but you don't look like much either." His eyes glowed. "What exactly do they want from you," he asked. "I might be able to help. I'll even help for free." Felix was a ninja and always would be a ninja. He felt so out of it without going on missions. He needed something to do. "If Suki doesn't mind me helping out a friend that is." He glanced to his soon to be wife. They had to plan the wedding. Felix wondered if he should invite Serenity.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Kim looked to Felix when he stood up. Guy seemed a bit interested now. He nodded when Felix said he made weapons. Kim couldn't help but give a laugh when Felix said he didn't look like much. He merely gave a playful shrug in response, that might've said 'agh, what're ya gonna do'. He held back from giving a sigh. "They want me to give them the blueprints for my weapons. No charge. I mean, I'm pretty well off as it is, so money's not an object." He rubbed the back of his neck. "They're getting pretty desperate though." He grinned. "They've even started sending threats," he said, as if it were some kind of funny joke. He blinked though, when Felix said he could help. "Yeah? I'd appreciate it. It's a pain looking over my shoulder wherever I go," he admitted with a goofy grin.

Suki listened to the two talk. It seemed like Felix was a bit more interested now that he knew what Kim did for a living. That was fine though. It was better that the two of them be friends. Not that she'd seen any animosity between them earlier. She blinked when Felix addressed her, asking if it was okay. "Of course I don't mind." Actually, she'd be rather glad about it. She was worried about Kim. He wasn't a fighter, and despite his occupation, didn't like violence. So if someone came after him, she was worried that Kim wouldn't fight back.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Felix nodded when Suki gave him the okay. "Tell me where to find them," he said looking back to Kim. Why in the world was this guy grinning? There were people after him and he wanted to sit there with a goofy ass grin on his face? Felix narrowed his eyes. This guy couldn't be Kymin. The time didn't add up. Kymin hadn't been dead long enough, but maybe he'd come back early. Was that even possible? "Um, this may sound like an odd question, but you wouldn't happen to know someone by the name of Kymin Onihana, would you?" Felix leaned forward to get a closer look, he just wanted to know. He had to know. Who else would be so damn care free when their life was on the line?

Last edited by Felix on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

"Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where they are. They tend to move their meetings from place to place," he said thoughtfully. He paused and another grin spread across his face. "I could probably trick them out into the open by telling them I'll fess up the blueprints though," he said with a nod. Then he noticed. Why was the guy looking at him like that? And then he asked the question. "Nope," he said casually. "Though I've heard the name Onihana before. Can't remember where though," he mused. "Why?" he asked curiously. "Think he's a part of Aussir?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Well that was disappointing. Felix held in a sigh and kept the disappointment from entering his eyes. "No, he's a friend and you two act just alike, so I figured you might know him." Felix forced a smile and then went back to the main topic. "That could work. But before I go throwing myself into battle, how many are we talking," he asked. Felix no longer had his trump card with him and he wasn't sure if his skills had been based off of the Blue Demon's chakra or if they were his own. He might need to do some training. "I want to know what I'm up against, for obvious reasons."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:29 pm

That actually made Kim chuckle. "That's funny. I've never actually been compared to anyone like that before. And here I was thinking I was unique," he grinned. He looked up a bit thoughtfully at the question, and started counting on his fingers without looking. "Hm...well there's him too," he mumbled. "Really, it's no more than fifteen guys trying to be bad ass revolutionaries, but they wouldn't send more than two to get the blueprints. They know I'm not a fighter," he said with a shrug. "I mean, I don't want them dead or anything, I just need them to leave me alone. Send a message, you know?" If he were anyone else, he'd have done it himself a long time ago. One shot dead, the other with a flesh wound to take the message back. But he wasn't that kind of guy. He hated fighting, and he wasn't a fan of the sight of blood either.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm

(Yet he builds weapons.)

Felix gave a huff. "Far from it," he mumbled. Felix frowned when the guy said fifteen. That was a ridiculous amount of people. thankfully only two would come for the blue prints, he hoped. "Alright, that's not too bad." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll be glad to help you out, just let me know when. By the way, what exactly are they revolutionizing against?" He wanted to know. Felix was careful about picking side, so he'd know what he was fighting for. The only time he'd never cared about who he was going against was his days with Servant. Felix smirked, those were some good days.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 pm

(*nod* Ironic, ain't it?)

Kim clicked his tongue lightly when Felix said he was far from it, noting Felix's frown, then holding his hands up a bit. "Oh, I should've mentioned, a lot of the men aren't ninja at all. It's why they want my weapons so badly, I think." He paused when Felix asked what they were revolutionizing against. "I think they're planning a coup d'etats. As far as I know, they're just a bunch of men who've been harmed in some way by the Gears. They're conspiracy theorists, they go around saying how corrupt our government is, despite the fact that we're in an era of peace. That kinda thing," he said with a shrug. "I don't get into politics, so I don't normally pay attention to what they say," he said with a chuckle.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 pm

"Era of peace my ass," Felix mumbled. "You must haven't heard about the Sand and the Rock." He shook his head. "Never mind, you don't get into politics and you're far too young to know about that anyway." Felix couldn't believe a punch of simple minded fools were going to try and overthrow the government. Mortals were such idiots. If they thought Kim's weapons would put a dent in the government, they weren't even remotely aware of what ninja were capable of. "How about you take me to these weapons of yours, so I can see what I'm defending." And worth my time. His blue eyes glanced to Suki. "I would suggest you stay here, just in case his 'clients' are following him. I don't want you getting dragged into this mess. However, you're capable of making decisions for yourself, so it's up to you."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Kim tilted his head at Felix's mumblings. "...just how long ago was that?" he asked. He actually didn't know about the Rock and the Sand, especially considering not much news ever came through the mountains. His light brown eyes seemed to light up when Felix asked if he could see the weapons. There was nothing in the world he was more proud of than his creations. "Yeah, absolutely," he said with a grin. He looked to Suki when Felix asked if she wanted to tag along.

"No thanks, I'm gonna stay here until closing," she told them with a smile. Until now she'd just been sitting back and listening. She'd seen them already anyways, but she wasn't about to tell Felix that. "I'll see you both later," she said.

Kim nodded. "Alright, see ya later then." He looked to Felix as he started towards the door. "My house is a couple minutes down the street," he told him, stopping at the door to wait for Felix. He'd wait for the guy to give a goodbye before they started out of the shop.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm

"Eighteen or so years ago," Felix said with a shrug. Felix walked around to the other side when Kim agreed to let him see the weapons. He gave a small wave to Suki. "I'll see you later," he said and headed out the shop. Kim seemed excited enough, so Felix figured this would be worth while. If not oh well. He kind of missed having his jacket, at least he could put his hands in his pockets. Now he just crossed them behind his back as he walked, following Kim to the place where these infamous weapons were being built.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Kim led Felix to his home, which looked modest from the outside, despite the fact that he had said he was well off. Unlocking the door, he motioned Felix inside before closing the door behind him and almost immediately starting off to the back of the house. The inside of the house was just as modest as the outside looked. Kim wasn't one to live fancy. He spend most of his time in the place where he was leading Felix; the basement. However, the door stood out from the rest of the house rather unusually. It was a metal door, with a keypad next to it, in which Kim tapped in eight numbers before the door unlocked with a clicking sound. "Right down here," he said, letting Felix in before once more closing the door, which locked behind them. Going down the stairs, Kim turned on the light, which revealed a good many tables with equipment on them, some unfinished guns, and a good many cabinets in which Kim kept the guns in.

He led Felix over to one of the cabinets and unlocked it, revealing large, yet unusual looking cannons in them. "These are more for widespread destruction than anything. Explosions and things of the sort. They're extremely loud when they're fired. These are older, but still pretty valuable," he said, moving onto the next cabinet, leaving that one open in case Felix wanted to look at them. The silver haired ninja would notice that there was actually no ammo in the basement at all.

Opening the next case, he pulled a smaller gun out with a scope and two long barrels right next to each other. "This one's a bit less noisy. Double barreled to ensure the target is hit. It's really precise, and for longer ranged shots, so it's fairly handy for assassinations. Easy to disassemble," he said, quickly taking the thing apart, and putting it back together in a matter of seconds. "You can see where this one would be handy for those guys," he said, grinning lightly, while putting the gun back into the cabinet.

"There's a ton more," he said, motioning to the rows of cabinets he had. Because of the cabinets, the basement looked rather small and cramped, but it was actually fairly huge. "But this one is the one they're really after," he said, walking over to one of the tables. "It's not perfect yet. I just started this one's design a couple months ago," he said, taking up what looked like a mix between a cellphone and a larger lighter. In a swift movement, Kim pulled one of the parts of the object, pushing another part, and finally clicking one last part into place before it became obvious that the thing was a handgun. "Small, lightweight, easy to conceal, and virtually silent when fired, save the sound of the bullet whistling through the air," he said, pride slipping into his voice. "Granted, the assembling takes a little while to get used to, but it's well worth it." In as swift a motion as the first, the gun was disassembled back the way it was to begin with. He held it out to Felix. "Wanna give it a shot?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Felix followed Kim towards the basement door with less excitement. He could practically feel the excitement flowing of the brown eyed man. Felix gave a small huff and then stepped carefully into the basement. He looked around at the crowded space. His attention snapped back to Kim as he started to give a mini tour. Felix couldn't say that he wasn't impressed. These were pretty advanced weapons. Then again, he was in the Gears, what did he expect. If these guys wanted to wage war, they'd have the advantage over every village. Felix blinked. To think he'd call the militia stupid early. He had underestimated them. "I'd rather not," Felix said when Kim offered him the hand gun. Felix preferred his ninja weapons over guns. "Um, speaking of shot, where's the ammunition," he asked. "I'm no expert, but aren't you supposed to have ammo when you using this stuff?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 am

Kim shrugged and put the mechanism back on the table once Felix turned a test run down. "Suit yourself." He only gave a small nod of understanding when Felix asked about the ammunition. "Good eye. I usually make my models to fit your typical ammunition, so I can test them out over at the government firing range. When no one else is around, of course," he said with a goofy smile. "As for the cannons, I have a buddy who makes the ammunition and explosives for that stuff. He contracts with the government same as me," he explained with a grin. "Those are a little bit more difficult to find a place to test. I mean, we could go in the mountains, but there's no guarantee the cannon's are gonna work. One of us gets hurt, it's a long way to help."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 am

Felix gave a small smirk when Kim explained the whole ammunition thing. "Ah, so if the government has the ammunition, just where are the militia going to get ammo?" He shook his head. He was right, mortals were stupid. "Never mind, I don't quite care." Felix crossed his arms across his chest. "However, since I'm not a complete ass and you seem so excited and proud of your work, I will admit that this is pretty impressive." Felix looked around the shop once more. "Even if I don't see how you work in such a confined space." Since he still hadn't gotten back to being a ninja, his mind was mainly on construction. He could easily expand this place and keep it well fortified. He shook his head. "So, how do we contact the targets?"

Last edited by Felix on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:25 am

Kim was about to answer Felix's question, for the answer was quite simple, but then the guy said never mind. He only shrugged. If the guy didn't want to know, he didn't want to know. Kim grinned and looked around when Felix said that it was pretty impressive before returning his gaze to the only other human in the room. "Thanks. Though I certainly hope it is. I've been doing stuff like this my whole life," he chuckled. Yeah, so he had a knack for machines. He'd been able to take apart and put back together complex machinery since he was five years old. "The place is bigger than it looks," he said sheepishly. The targets. Oh yeah, this guy was a ninja alright. "I have their number," he said simply. "And they usually send threats about once or twice a week. Next time they do it, I just give'em a call and give in to their demands," he said with a grin. "Simple as that." He paused. "That being said, I should get your number so I can contact you when things start happenin'."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 am

Felix took another look around. He doubted it was bigger than it looked, but then again there was a long of stuff in here. "How long were you planning to put up with their crap," Felix asked as he searched his pants pocket and pulled out a pen and paper. He quickly wrote his number on it and then handed it to Kim. "Bring a cannon with you when it all goes down," Felix said. "We'll meet them in the forest. If they ask, you're giving them a demonstration." He had a small glint in his eye. "This way, you get to test your machines and I get to see if they're as great as you claim them to be." Honestly Felix just wanted to see stuff blow up.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum