Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire and Ice

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fire and Ice Empty Fire and Ice

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Batsu had taken his fill of souls and hearts. He'd left the reamining survivors alone so they could remember his wrath. That and he'd remembered that he shouldn't exhuast his food supply. With a heavy sigh he entered the Unknown and searched for a safe place to rest without any disturbances. Too exhuasted to carry himself too far he settled on an empty clearing and a small expanse of ferns. He took a seat, got comfortable, then allowed sleep to wash of him, his wings spread out instead of covering him.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice Empty Re: Fire and Ice

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Jasper had been getting annoyed lately, that Boreas was taking over so much, just to look for something he could use to defrost the fairy. Many times he'd tried to convince the demon to give up, but each and every time he received a rude response. Today was one of the days that Boreas was walking around with the fairy still in Jasper's pocket. The sky was growing dark quickly. Boreas expected the darkness to fade just as quickly. He couldn't see too well when it became pitch black like it was, so when it very quickly became light again, he almost stumbled forward when he saw that he'd nearly tripped over a sleeping figure. A man with black wings. At first he'd thought it was that one human that always came in here, but then he realized this creature had red hair. Boreas looked at the sleeping figure with an annoyed expression before nudging it in the side with his foot. "You shouldn't sleep here. You'll get eaten."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Batsu's red eyes opened immediately when he felt something touch him. The winged man flapped his wings once, flying up into a tree while throwing up quit a bit of dust. "The only one who runs the risk of being eaten is you," he spoke with a tilt of his head. He glanced to his wing. The one where Kymin's soulsword had cut him was dropping quite a few feathers, alrting him to the real damage. He brought it close to him and smoothed the feathers out. He glanced down at the being before him. He looked human.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Boreas shrugged. "Meh. I know my way around here well enough to know I'm not gonna get eaten." He looked up at the tree that the being had flown up into. The thing was dropping feather's like crazy. Clearly he'd gotten into a scuffle of some sort. "But you. You look about ready to drop dead. You just get created or what?" Boreas didn't know what to call it when a new creature popped up in the Unknown, so he just said they were created. Very often a kind of creature he'd never come across before would show up. He'd been in this place over a century, so when a new one popped up, he just assumed it was recently created. But he'd never seen this guy before. "Or are you from the outside?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Batsu simply blinked when the other guy said he knew his way around. So he was from the Unknown. Batsu took a seat on his branch when the guy asked if he was created. "I don't understand," he commented, but shook his head when the human continued. "I'm from..." Batsu didn't really know. "I don't remember. I just exist. I am here." He didn't know how else to explain it. "This place is where I sleep when I need rest. No one can find me here."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Boreas was a bit surprised. This guy looked and had the familiar feel of dangerousness to him, but his demeanor was calm, except for when he'd bolted up to that tree. Maybe he was just trying not to pick fights because of how hurt he was. Boreas only shrugged when Batsu said he didn't understand. "Oh well." He didn't feel like explaining. His expression turned hard when the red haired creature said he didn't remember where he was from. The last time he'd encountered someone like that...Boreas shook his head. "Do you at least know who you are?" Boreas put his hands in his pockets. Jasper was annoying him in the back of his head. 'Leave the thing alone. Or at least let me talk to him. I'm bored.' Boreas nearly rolled his eyes. Jasper was a fickle being. Always complaining about boredom but never motivated to find something fun to do. Boreas thought he just missed interaction with other humans. It was a lonely existence for an undead human in this place. "If you're gonna sleep in the Unknown, you should do it in the high parts of the trees. Otherwise you could get eaten by a dragon or sat on by a golem or worse." Boreas looked around, his hand fumbling with the small frozen fairy.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Batsu nodded. "Yes, I am Batsu, the result of a very big wrong turned vengeful." He let go of his wing and then glanced up into the higher branches. "I have no fear of the creatures here," he commented without hesitation. "I can handle myself." Batsu turned his gaze back to Boreas. "But I shall take your advice and sleep higher up." He nodded thoughtfully.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Boreas raised an eyebrow at the creature as it introduced itself as Batsu, a vengeful being created by a wrong. "You're strange," he said bluntly. Boreas couldn't help the laugh that slipped through before he managed to cover his mouth to keep any further noises in, when the red haired being said he could handle himself. Actually, he could completely help it. The laugh had been on purpose, because 'Batsu' looked like shit. Yeah, he could clearly handle himself. He cleared his throat with a grin before speaking. "I can, uh, see that," he snickered. 'The fuck are you doing, trying to pick a fight with this guy? What if he can use fire?' At that, Boreas' grin faded. "Fuck," he mumbled. He hadn't thought about that. He looked up at Batsu and crossed his arms. "You wouldn't happen to be able to use fire, wouldja?" he asked casually, as if he hadn't just insulted the black winged man.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Batsu didn't look please to hear Batsu laugh at him. It was annoying that he had destroyed countless villages but at the same time he'd failed to defeat a single shinobi. He frowned. He didn't boast about his strength, but this was driving him up the wall. Batsu was damn near bristling the longer he thought about it. Then Boreas asked if he could us fire. Batsu's wings caught aflame and then exstinguished. "What's it to you," he asked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Boreas noticed that Batsu didn't seem pleased with his laughter, and to be honest, he didn't much care. At least, he hadn't until the guy's wings caught fire and then went out. His orange eyes widened in both shock and excitement. He was no good at asking for favors, so he didn't quite know what to do. "I've been looking for someone who uses fire for a really long time, cuz I can't use it myself. I need a favor of you," he said, looking up at the black winged being. "I'll owe you one. A big one."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Batsu found this to be quite the turn around. "Hmm, you need my help?" He smiled, those pointy canines stained with the blood of his earlier victims. "You should learn to insult others after you ask favors." The winged man stood and moved to the next branch. "You can find someone else to set fire to whatever you need." He flapped his wings several times to test them before moving a few branches higher. He was going back to sleep.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Boreas cringed lightly when Batsu said he should learn not to insult people before asking for favors. His eyes widened when the guy flew up higher. "Hey wait! I don't need anything set on fire, I just need you to melt something!" The black haired host bit his lip in irritation. He didn't know how to handle things like this. If he provoked the guy into shooting fire at him, it could destroy the fairy altogether. He needed this guy to help him willingly, but he didn't know how to go about getting the help. If he was any good at climbing trees, he would have followed the guy up there. He thought of freezing the tree over, but that would probably just piss the guy off more.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Batsu shrugged. "Not my problem," he responded shortly. "You should have thought about that before you spoke." He continued to move higher and higher. He had no obligation to help anyone or anything in this forest or outside of it either. He was his own person and his own being. He was not responsible for melting anything unless it was apart of his diet. Without further hesitation he moved on until he was high enough to see across the forest.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, that marked the end of Boreas trying to be nice to this guy. Maybe he could get the guy to set a forest fire. He didn't care about the other creatures in this forest, only about Fara. His orange eyes glowed with annoyance as he put his hand on the tree the creature had just climbed up. Frost started climbing rapidly up the side of the tree, turning into ice almost instantly. Even the ground Boreas was standing on turned to ice, but he let his gaze up to the top of the tree. He didn't know how far up this guy had gone, but the ice would reach him eventually, and whatever branches he was sitting on would snap under his weight. The trees even brushing up against the smallest leaves of this tree started frosting over as well. He didn't give a shit. He was going to get this guy to help him one way or the other. And what better way to counter ice than with fire?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Batsu heard the snapping of branches, but he didn't think much of it. Instead he'd just continued to see where his new path would lead him. He only looked down when he felt a cold chill. When the red eyed man spotted the frosting over tree, he went to move up but the branch failed to hold his weight and he came crashing down through the trees. Batsu hit the ground hard and got up just as fast. Anger flared in his eyes and he moved towards Boreas without warning, his hand outstretched to grab onto the other male's neck.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Boreas stepped aside when he heard the red haired creature come crashing down to the earth. He knew he was at a disadvantage here, but his eyes shined with the promise of a challenge. Or, he would have been at a disadvantage, had this man not already been wounded. Once Batsu had a hold on his throat, Boreas grabbed the guy's wrist and started freezing the man's hand over. This was going to be a fun experiment. If the guy's arm snapped off from being frozen completely through, then there was little hope that the fairy had survived. If Batsu could melt it, there was still hope for his small friend. "All I need is a small bit of fire," he said, holding tightly onto the other male's wrist. It didn't matter to him whether or not Jasper couldn't breathe because Boreas didn't feel pain in the same way. So this guy's grip on his throat was nothing.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Batsu kept his grip despite the ice. He frowned when Boreas claimed that all he needed was a little fire. Batsu would give him far more than that. His wings set ablaze and he released a miniature supernova. Burning the surrounding trees in a matter of moments and hopefully melting the ice on his arms and incinerating this annoying man who was persistent on getting a little bit of fire. Yes he could have done like any other reasonable person and simply gave Boreas what he wanted, but Batsu wasn't a very reasonable being.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Boreas' eyes narrowed when he found that Batsu hadn't let go of him. While he may not've felt pain in the same way as Jasper, having his movement restricted was annoying, even if he had been the one to allow himself to get caught. Once he felt the heat coming from this being's wings, Boreas had to coat Jasper's body in a layer of ice to keep him from getting torched. If it was up to him, he'd have turned Jasper's body into his own true form years ago. Or at least have kept him covered in ice like he was now. Once the heat around him died down enough to avoid Jasper being burnt, Boreas let the ice disintegrate. He got up with a grin and gave a short wave. "Thanks for your time!" He was glad to see that the ice on Batsu's arm had melted thanks to the fire. That meant there was hope! Turning on his heel, Boreas ran off into the midst of the forest fire that had just started. He wondered if he could run Batsu into another creature's territory long enough to melt the fairy.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Batsu frowned when Boreas covered himself in ice to prevent himself from being burned. The red eyed creature frowned even harder as Boreas turned on his heel and ran off, saying thanks. The winged creature stayed still for a very long time confused. "Strange," he growled before turning in the opposite direction. He had no time to play games. He need rest and then food, lots and lots of food.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Boreas was actually relieved to see that Batsu wasn't following him. He stopped by the closest downed branch with fire on it and took the fairy out, carefully holding it and moving it over the flame. It was obvious he was nervous about actually burning the thing. He didn't want to burn her wings off. When he started seeing color in the fairy again, for the first time in over a hundred years, he was relieved. However, when the fairy saw who was holding her, she bolted off in fear. For a moment, Boreas was just surprised. But only for a moment. 'Hey. Something's wrong with your face.' Boreas blinked. "Huh?" If Boreas didn't know any better, he'd have sworn Jasper would have been grinning. 'You're smiling.' "Tch...shut up."

It had been a strange occurrence, before Kymin had reached the Unknown. He'd run into some strange white haired girl who'd somehow knew he needed someone to look after Vishnu. Somehow knew he was headed towards the Unknown. He'd been convinced into letting her watch Vishnu when she told him she would take good care of him, and showed him that she was a shapeshifter. Something about that made Kymin trust her. Maybe it was naivety, but he did need someone to watch Vishnu. He refused to take the puppy with him into the Unknown. After asking where he could find her, he went on his way after saying goodbye to the small half-wolf.

Once in the Unknown, Kymin sighed. He' never been here before, and was looking for Silence on his very first time here. God damn it. He hated what was going on.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Batsu moved through the top of the trees trying to find a place to rest. Someplace comfortable and out of danger, but he smelled a familiar scent, masked by thousands of others. Maybe he'd been mistaken, him and Kymin had tumbled a bit on the ground and there was no way for the Onihana to know he was here. Batsu felt like he was at a disadvantage. Everything had been going smoothly until Kymin had come along. What was with this guy, why was he so special?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Kymin looked around as he walked through the Unknown. He was trying to keep the entrance in sight so he didn't get lost. He had never been here before, but he'd heard of this place. An ever changing maze. He didn't know how he was going to find Silence. He didn't want to call out, because it would attract unwanted attention, but it might end up being the only way to find the being. He stopped in his tracks when he saw fire blocking his path, and the occasional branch falling down. "Shit..."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 pm

The winged creature had only gotten a bit farther away before he froze in place. An unnerving feeling washed over him and he found himself drawn back towards the entrance. Batsu's wings quivered and he had to force himself to move. There seemed to be something out there that was familiar, yet unfamiliar. Something that was calling on his soul while at the same time pulling on it with such force that it almost brought him to his knees. Batsu frowned. What was this feeling? He decided to double back and find out.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Kymin started trying to find a way around the fire, shaking his head lightly. He didn't want to get burned again today. His chest hurt enough as it was already. It was when he'd just found a way around the fire that he stopped in his tracks. What was this feeling? Was Batsu here? No, this felt...more evil. Way worse than a colorless soul. The black haired ninja looked around and had to dive out of the way when a flaming chain came racing past his head with a metal tip at the end, sticking into the tree that had been behind his head only a second before. "The hell??" The black haired ninja quickly scrambled to his feet, trying to figure out the source of the flaming chain. Instead what he got was another one racing towards him. Only, this one pierced his skin and went straight through, hooking onto his back as he was pulled forward through the air. What caught him was clearly something out of a nightmare. Narrow holes where the eyes should have been revealed flames inside the creature's skull. Rows of sharp teeth lined the creature's animalistic grin, and its face was covered in shadow, as if there was a hooding hiding it. The whole thing looked like nothing but muscle, and more flaming chains were wrapped around its wait. It had caught Kymin by the neck and ripped the chain out, the hook of which hadn't retracted before time. If the grip on Kymin's neck hadn't been so tight, the black haired samurai would have let out a scream. Instead, he tried to get his sword out to cut the thing's arm, but the blade only bounced off. A harsh, grating laugh echoed through the area as it threw the pathetic human into a tree, a loud cracking sound being heard from the impact. It was difficult to tell whether it had been Kymin's bones snapping, or the tree breaking.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Batsu had thought himself to be fearsome, but what he arrived upon was terrifying in itself. He watched unwillingly as he handled Kymin without much effort, scratch that....no effort. What was this thing. Part of Batsu felt the need to help Kymin from this untimely demise, but another part wanted to watch him suffer as he had. He was caught between his decisions when he remember he was supposed to bring this man back to Serenity. Batsu made a small noise of annoyance before flying down. He sized the creature up and knew immediately he was outmatched. Fire vs Ice was fair, but Fire vs Fire was pointless. Batsu's wings grew bright with flames and he cast a supernova in the direction of the creature before flying upwards. His wings beating with an effort that was fairly unnecessary, or would have been had he not been injured already.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next