Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In an alternate dimension...

2 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

In an alternate dimension... - Page 2 Empty Re: In an alternate dimension...

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:26 am

Felix nodded slightly. "I come from a wealthy family. They've failed to realize that I'm capable of handling myself," he said with a shrug. "It's whatever, I get to blow the money on whatever I wish." Lies. He knew his family was long gone, but it didn't change the fact that he wasn't one to go around advertising his immortality. His blue eyes glanced over Kim when he asked if it were real silver. Was that guy talking about his hair? His gaze turned back to the yin piece and then to the vendor. Two kanim, that was chump change. "Hmm, I'll keep looking," he mumbled as he searched through the vendors supply.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

"A rich family, huh? Too bad you never got with Suki," he chuckled. He turned his attention back to the silver chain in his hand, examining it. Digging around in his pocket, Kim pulled out a black rectangle that looked about the size of an eraser. Since the magnet didn't stick to the necklace, Kim at least knew there was no iron in it. He put the rectangle back in his pocket and looked to the vendor. "How much?" When the vendor warned him it wasn't cheap, Kim waved his hand dismissively and asked again "How much is it?" The blue haired male placed the necklace on the table to pull out his wallet when the vendor told him it was seventy-five kanims. Kim searched through his wallet for change, but could only come up with a note for a hundred, since he didn't have the smaller bills to pay. "Got change?" he asked. The vendor seemed fairly surprised, but graciously nodded. Once Kim got his change, he put it away and picked the necklace up. After he put his wallet away, he watched Felix looking over the table as he put the silver chain around his own neck, reaching his arms around to the back of his neck to try clasping it together. He didn't usually put necklaces on, but he'd really liked this chain. Silver was a color he particularly liked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:58 am

Felix glanced towards Kim when he mentioned Suki. What was that supposed to mean? "How much is this," he asked. On the table beneath a piece of black paper there lay a white dog-tag necklace and engraved in black letters read, "The road we choose is that of our own, but we shall always find each other." Felix didn't care if this one was cheap because it reminded him of Meridian. He had nothing left of hers, but this was as close as it would get. He was getting this no matter what.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:07 am

The vendor looked to Felix when the guy asked how much the white dog-tag necklace was. "That one's come a long way," he said. He took a minute to think it over. "Fifteen kanims and it's yours." Kim moved next to the silver haired male and read the dog-tag. He gave a smile. "That one's nice," he commented. Clearly he didn't have much notion of personal space, because Kim's arm was very nearly brushing up against Felix's. However, he turned away and gave a wave to someone who called a hello as they passed by. They didn't stop to talk, so Kim's attention didn't stay averted for long.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:13 am

Felix nearly shot Kim a glare when he got too close. What was with this guy and personal space? The blue eyed ninja frowned and then looked back to the vendor. "Where did it come from," he asked as he dug in his pocket for the cash. His blue eyes a bit curios. He handed the guy the money and picked up the necklace. He felt like he'd come a long way as well. What a perfect match. He read the words once more before he clasped his hand over the tag. He let out a sigh and placed it on his neck and then inside his shirt to be hidden underneath his shirts and headband, that way it was closer to his heart.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:44 am

Kim waited patiently for Felix to complete his transaction with the vendor. He was fairly excited to show the guy the largest shopping center in the Gears. It was very close to being in the middle of the city, and it had a lot of high tech stuff in it, as well as groceries and daily supplies, and anything else you could possibly think of. The vendor looked to the dog-tag. "All the way from the Village of Darkened Skies. There's a man there that makes tags like these, with phrases like that one. They're actually really popular," he told Felix.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 am

Felix froze as the man spoke. That village was right next to the Fallen Rains. After six hundred years that village was still standing when his had burned to the ground. Felix was momentarily lost in the past. He was a child again, walking with his mother and his mother's friend down a narrow path to the next village. Felix smiled lightly. They were going to the other village and he was excited about it. The Village of Darkened Skies. He snapped out of it when the vendor said that the tags were popular. "Uh....thanks for the information," he said absently. He placed his hand on his chest and then dropped it. Are you letting me know you're still there Meridian?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:04 am

Kim glanced to Felix when the guy fell silent after the vendor told him where it had come from. He walked over and tilted his head while looking at the silver haired ninja. "Hey. You okay?" he asked curiously, while the vendor said no problem in response to Felix's thanks. Kim wondered what the guy was spacing out for. It wasn't entirely an uncommon sight in the Gears to see people staring out into space while looking up at sky scrapers or after having done drugs or something like that, but Felix was doing neither of those things. Maybe he had a head problem. Or PTSD. Kim wasn't about to jump to any conclusions though.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am

(You could call it PTSD)

Felix blinked. "Yeah, I'm fine." He sighed lightly. "Where to next," he asked. He really just wanted to just go to a hotel and lay down. He was suddenly feeling rather depressed. Why had he lost everything that mattered to him? Looking to Kim he waited expectantly. Maybe the gears wasn't the right place to settle. Maybe there was someplace else. He wanted to go to that village.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:33 pm

(*nodnod*)

When Felix said he was fine, Kim wasn't so sure he believed him, but he let it slide anyways. The guy had looked a bit lost for a moment. Like a puppy. But, he decided instead to try and cheer the guy up, so he put a grin back on and waved Felix along. "This is the place you're gonna need to know if you're gonna be staying here for a while. This place has everything, and I do mean everything," he said. "It's called Jinso. It's kinda like a super market," he said. "You can see it from here actually. It has a crap load of floors," he told Felix, pointing at the place with a grin. "Now, I can either show you the inside, or we can move onto the hotels," he suggested, waving his hand a bit as if outlining the choices in the air.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:59 am

Felix looked the building over. It was considerably large. His blue eyes blinked once. "Jinso." He looked around trying to figure out landmarks in order to find his way back here alone. "Let's go take a look inside. I might find something else I want to buy." He crossed his arms behind his back and started for the inside. He wanted to see if this store was worth his time. The Gears was such a high tech place he doubted he'd find nothing of his liking.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Kim nodded when Felix repeated the name, his brown eyes shining. He chuckled when Felix said he might find something else worth buying. He was supposed to be showing the guy around, not taking him shopping. The blue haired male gave a small grin at the thought. "You might find a lot of somethings you want to buy. But just know, I'm not going to carry your toys," Kim joked with a chuckle, starting towards the building. Just inside Jinso was a floor directory. The first floor was dedicated mostly to groceries and food items, the second floor books and music, the third electronics, the fourth weaponry, the fifth cleaning supplies, and the sixth was something of an accessories outlet, with clothing and jewelry. Next to the directory, and a little bit further into the store were escalators, and next to the escalators were two elevators.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Felix gave a dismissive wave. "Trust me, I can handle carrying my own bags, besides, I very rarely find things worth buying to begin with." The silver haired shinobi made his way over to the directory and quickly skimmed over what was on each floor. He found interest in the fourth floor and turned to Kim to let him know. "Let's go to the fourth floor, I can look around everywhere else on my own." His blue eyes were glowing lightly as he started for the stairs without guidance.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:22 am

Kim gave a light grin. "Oh I don't doubt it. You are a ninja after all. You're supposed to be super strong, right? I mean, I'd be disappointed if you weren't able to carry a couple bags," he joked with a grin. The blue haired male nodded when Felix said he wanted to go to the fourth floor. He followed the blue eyes man up the stairs easily. Four flights was no problem. Though Kim didn't look it, he was actually fairly fit. When they got to the fourth floor, it was littered with weapons of all kinds, most of them displayed on walls, some of them coming in bulk packages. There were shuriken and kunai and scythes, and just about every other type of weapon a ninja could need. There were also some unorthodox weapons as well. Specifically guns. Guns with long barrels and small, handheld guns were the most noticeable ones. Some of them even had scopes attached to the top, but it was obvious that the scopes usually came separate, since they were individually packaged. However, there was no ammo in sight. When they got to the designated floor, Kim gave the shop owner a grin and a casual wave.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 am

Felix simply grinned. Yeah, he was strong. If he wasn't, then there would be no point in being a ninja. Yeah, they all started off as weak, but as time went by, you were supposed to become stronger or else your life would be a waste. The silver haired shinobi wondered if that was the reason he continuously trained. Did he think himself to be weak? He almost laughed at the thought. Weakness, he didn't know the meaning. Looking around he spotted the guns and found interest in them at once. "This must be a Gears thing," he commented. He tilted his head. He wasn't quite sure what these were or how they were used.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:22 am

Kim was quite amused that the first thing Felix went towards were the guns. He tried not to beam with pride at the fact. Yeah, he was proud of his work, no doubt about it. Of course, Felix didn't know this was the blue haired male's work. He followed Felix over and only glanced at the guns. "Yep. No other village has things like these." Mostly because I made them. "I take it you haven't seen them before. They're mostly used for long-ranged combat, though the smaller ones can be shot off at point-blank range. They take some gettin' used to, but they're real handy," he grinned.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 am

Why did something tell him that Kim was beaming for a reason? The blue eyed shinobi shook his head when Kim asked if he had ever seen them before. "Not at all." When Kim explained their use Felix have a dismissive wave. "I prefer to get up close and personal in combat," he mumbled as he cast a final glance at the guns before moving on. "They're neat nonetheless. Someone has real talent." The shinobi gave an approving nod before finding his way to the kunai.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:36 am

Kim nodded. "I know quite a few shinobi like you. I'd say you're missin' out though, since we only sell things on this floor to shinobi anyways," he said. "Considering only the Gears has these, they tend to take people by surprise. Or so I've heard," he shrugged. The light-brown eyed male held back a chuckle at Felix's praise. Kim was fairly narcissistic in that he loved hearing praise about his work more than about himself. "You know, I actually know the guy who makes these. I'll let him know you said so," he nodded.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 am

"I doubt it," Felix stated nonchalantly when Kim claimed he was missing out. Felix found the design to be complex and he wasn't in the line of being complex. He preferred to keep things simple and clean and silent. When Kim mentioned how the guns took people by surprise and how he'd tell the maker what he said, Felix shrugged. "Do what you want," he mumbled.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 am

Kim shrugged when Felix expressed his doubt. Oh well. Guns weren't for everyone, but still, he was glad the guy had gotten to see them. "You know what," he said suddenly. "I have a better idea. Why don't I introduce you to the guy that makes them, then you can tell him yourself. Come on, he loves meeting foreign ninja. And you'll like him, I promise. He's a really cool guy," Kim said with a grin, walking over to the silver haired ninja and glancing at the kunai before returning his gaze to his new friend.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:52 pm

"No thanks," Felix stated uninterested. "I'm not interested." He then went in to examine the rest of the weapons. He stopped at a set of swords that were black and gold. "Sven would have liked these," he said quietly. He touched the blades and then checked the prices on them. "I'm going to get these." He would have to leave them here until he had a place though.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Kim swore silently. He hadn't really expected it to work, since Felix didn't really seem to be the social type. Oh well. He'd find out for sure one way or the other. The blue haired male glanced around the store nonchalantly. He'd been in here so many times that the place kinda bored him. The only interesting thing in the room was Felix. Which was why Kim went over to him and glanced casually at what the guy was looking at. "Cool swords," he grinned lightly. "Plan on using them anytime soon?" he joked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

"I don't care for swords. They slow down the attack. I can strike three times before a person can pull there sword and three additional times before they can strike." He shrugged. "Maybe it's just me." Blue eyes turned to Kim. "These are more of a souvenir. Someone I used to know liked swords."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:17 pm

"You're very serious about this all, you know that?" Kim asked, tilting his head slightly. "And are you really that fast?" he asked. "I'm not sure I believe that," he said, shaking his head. "It's probably just you." A pause. "Used to know?" Kim gave a light frown. "I take it this someone was pretty important, huh?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Blue eyes glowed with amusement. "Let me demonstrate and I will prove to you what in capable of," he said with a grin. "I can't help but be serious, if I'm not then what do I have left. I'm a ninja and the line of work I'm in has become part of my personality." He looked to the swords and then nodded. "Very important, but time has a way of sweeping things away." He shrugged and grabbed the sword set and started for a register.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next