Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Kana smiled lightly as he said typical Kyla. It faded though, at Felix's answer. "A miracle? That's ridiculous..." she muttered. Like her former sensei, Kana didn't believe in miracles. If such a thing existed, her parents would have still been alive. Kana gave a light laugh when he told her to be glad she was alive. She nodded. "Yeah. That would suck for you, huh?" she joked when he said that he'd hate to get stuck with some clueless ninja. She knew that in his own odd way, he was calling her competent. And that was a lot coming from Felix Kuriyama. She blinked when he said that he was going home to plan out the training schedules for the ninja. "Come show me what you have tomorrow, kay?" she said, taking the yogurt out of the bag and opening it. She loved yogurt. Didn't know why, just loved it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Felix nodded. "Will do kid." He turned and walked out the room waving. He felt like he was missing something. Something just wasn't right. Putting two and two together, he'd come up with this conclusion: Kana had run into Kyla and Kyla had suggested making her immortal. Kana, took the offer and decided to withhold the information from him knowing he would not agree with the decision. Most of his students knew about how he felt on immortality. That feeling was that it was a gift and a curse, but he'd rather not spend all his life stuck in time. What was their to live for, why was there reason to love? Everything would die off and you'd still be living. You'd eventually turn into the very thing you hated. The very thing that was opposite of you. It'd eat you away until nothing was left and then you'd become a tool of society. That's how it'd worked for him. Serenity on the other hand. She was so damn optimistic about everything that Felix was wondering how she'd been in the past. He guessed everyone had their views on it, but he would not recommend it. Anyways, Kana became immortal and knew she would not die when she protected him from the snake. Maybe it'd boiled down to, he was the stronger of the two and she'd rather have herself down than him. Felix sighed as he took the stairs. Maybe his scenario was wrong. Maybe she didn't know and if she didn't. How would he tell her? He didn't want her getting reckless with the power, abusing it. Immortals could be dangerous beings. Look at Dantes, that deranged lunatic and had caused some major problems. Felix rubbed his hand through his silver hair. "Things just got complicated."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Later that day Kana decided that tomorrow she'd take a little trip out of the hospital to visit the only person around this godforsaken village that might actually tell her the truth. Kyla. She didn't know why, but she trusted the old woman. So, the next morning, as soon as the first doctor came to check on her, she'd used a genjutsu to put him to sleep. Hell, she wasn't gonna physically knock the guy out, that would just be cruel. So instead she'd just used a genjutsu to put him out. She was glad that no one else was in her room. As quickly as she could manage without being reckless, Kana hooked the heart moniter up to the doctor without setting it off as irregular. She didn't hook ay IV's up to him, since those didn't have legit monitors. After having that done, Kana closed the door so no one would think anything of it, and got dressed, putting her hair quickly into a ponytail, and grabbed her things before scaling down the side of the hospital wall, avoiding windows as she went. She knew it wouldn't be long until they found the doctor and notified Felix, so she had to hurry. She avoided passing by their house, and passed out of the village towards Kyla's house. When she got there, she knocked on the door and waited.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Felix was at the ninja Academy. He'd been put in charge of all ninja. From Academy to ANBU. He stood before the large group of kids, his arms crossed over his chest. He was no longer wearing his jacket. He'd discarded it onto a nearby chair before he entered. He was dressed in a a pair of black pants and a white shirt. "Listen up," he started. "You are no longer under the supervision of the Rock Ninja. I am now your instructor, which means you do as I say, when I say. If you disobey I will make you leave this room, and you will never step foot in the building ever again. Understand?" Murmurs went through the room. "Quiet," Felix ordered. He was pleased to hear the murmurs cease immediately. "My name is Felix Kuriyama, you will address me as Sensei. Not Felix, not Mr. Kuriyama, not Mr. Felix, not sir, Sensei." This time the kids didn't speak. "Understand me?" He asked. "Yes Sensei," they responded in unison. Felix grinned. This was going to be fun. "Alright then, everyone head out to the track, it's time we got you in shape. If you can't move then you're just another target. And if you're a target, you're dead." The kids rose from their seats and left the room. Felix listened to their comments as they exited. "He's mean." "I don't like him." "I hope he teaches us some jutsu. We haven't gotten much training in that." "We're so dead." "I like his hair." "Why did they put a Crested Ninja in charge." "This guy is what a real ninja is like." "Shut up before he kicks us out." Felix exited the room as well. He immediately divided them up into two teams. They were going to be grouped again once he knew how fast the could move. "Start."

Kyla opened her door on the first knock. "This is odd. I don't usually get visitors if it isn't Felix," she commented. "Come in all the same. Make yourself at home. I suspect you have more questions for me. These more thought out than the last." Kyla crossed the room. "Tea?" She asked as she got out a cup. "Did you give Felix the medicine as I asked?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Kana gave a light smile at Kyla's 'greeting'. "Thank you," she said when she was invited in. Kana took a seat when she was told to make herself at home, nodding when Kyla asked if she had more questions. "Please," she said with a nod at Kyla's question. "Yes, I did. He's been doing well," she told Kyla when prompted about the medicine. Kana didn't know where to start. She still wasn't used to Kyla's ability to predict what people were about to say, so she started with an explanation. "About a week ago me and Felix got into it with some ANBU from the Sand...It's...I don't know how I survived. I was supposed to die then." She shook her head. "Felix said that the doctors told him it was a miracle. I don't believe in miracles...something else has to be going on. And...hell, I think you might be the only one who'll give me the truth of it."

About 30 minutes after Kana had left the hospital, fifteen minutes after she'd arrived to Kyla's house, Felix would get a phone call from the hospital. The doctor would tell him that Kana was gone from her room, and they didn't know when she'd gone, or where. They'd left out the part where one of their doctors had instead been hooked up to the machines. They told Felix that they were gonna have a few of their ninja look for her to make sure she's safe, but they figured that he would want to know as well. After apologizing about the situation, they hung up after a brief goodbye.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Kyla gave Kana a cup of fresh tea and took her seat on the couch. She picked her glass up from the table and took a sip. "Well Missy, you've come to the right person indeed. Miracles may not happen, but Fate has it all planned out. What happens, happens. No changing it. You're alive. That's how Fate wants it." She looked over her tea cup at Kana and smiled.

By the time he'd gotten the call he'd run the kids until he knew which ones would be worth his time and which ones would need to just go home. He'd divided them into groups of two. One fast kid, with one slow kid. The fastest one of the group was paired with the slowest one of the group and he grouped them in like that. He'd then made them all sit with their partner and listen. "Now, you are paired with someone who is either faster or slower than you. I am doing this because one, if the faster one is picking up all the slack then the slower one will go home. If the slowest one is falling behind, then the faster one will die helping his partner. You are as weak as your strongest member, and you are a strong as your weakest member. When this is all over, you will be equals." Felix felt his phone in his pocket. Who the hell was bothering him now? "Alright, class is dismissed for right now. I want you all to rest up. Tomorrow will be harder. Dress light, you will be running and dodging kunai. Be here eight am sharp. If you're even a minute late, don't even bother showing up. That includes the day after tomorrow, and the day after that. You will forfeit your right to ever be a ninja in this village if you're late. Dismissed." He then walked into the building and closed the door behind him, ignoring two kids who were calling for his attention. He had no time for them. "Hello?" He answered his phone. He listened to the doctors on the other side. "Worthless," he muttered as he hung up and then dialed Kana's number. "Where are you?" No hello, no how you doing. Just where are you.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Kana gave Kyla a nod of thanks when she was given the tea. Kana took a sip and sighed. "Fate? Is there even..." Her phone started ringing. "Excuse me," she said, looking at the caller ID with a light frown before picking it up. "He-?" Not even able to finish a hello. "Calm down Felix. I'll be back in the village within an hour, I'm fine," she told him. Shit. Shoulda chosen my words better. The thought shown on her face with a frown. "We'll talk when I get back," she said, then hung up with a sigh. "He's gonna kill me," she said, shaking her head and putting her phone away. "Sorry," she said to Kyla. "My question is...how am I alive? I don't believe in Fate, but if it exists, my fate was surely to die that day," Kana said, sounding almost concerned about this.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Kyla nodded as the girl excused herself. "You're not suppose to be here are you?" She asked. "And I'm sure he's not going to kill you. Be upset, but not kill you." She smiled. "Well, it's simple. Remember how I said I don't like to often interfere with what Fate has planned out. Well, sometimes I like to alter things." She gave an almost devious smile. "Maybe that's why you're still alive."

Felix knew immediately where she was. He opened the door and started to leave, nearly tripping over the two kids. "Sensei," they started. They were no more than seven. "What is it?" Felix asked impatiently. "When you said die, did you really mean we're going to die during training if our partner is slower than us?" Felix blinked. "No, I meant in an actual fight between you and an opposing village." He gave the kids a small smirk. "You'll be fine, but be on time tomorrow. I was not joking about not becoming a ninja." He patted them both on the heads and headed off. He reached Kyla's place quickly. He knocked for the sake of not barging in and strangling the woman. He couldn't kill her, but he could torture her.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:05 am

Kana gave a light smile when Kyla asked that she wasn't supposed to be there. "No, no I'm not," Kana responded as if it were nothing. Which, it really wasn't. It had been the poison about to kill her, not her wounds. And the poison was mostly out of her system by now. What wasn't gone already, her immune system was taking care of. Kana nodded as Kyla asked her if she remembered that the old woman didn't like interfering in fate. It was slowly starting to sink in. When it did, Kana's eyes widened a bit. "A-are you telling me t-that...that you made me...immortal?" Kana asked in disbelief. The old woman had made Felix immortal as well, right? So...Kana nearly jumped out of her seat when there was a sudden knock at the door. Was she really...?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:51 am

Kyla looked to the door as Felix knocked on it. "Come in," she called. She then looked to Kana with a sly smile. Felix opened the door when she said come in. He'd left his jacket at the school, which held a variety of his weapons, but that didn't mean he wasn't capable of completely destroying this house in anger. "Kana, you're going back to the hospital, now," he ordered. He looked at Kyla. "We'll be leaving now." Kyla smirked. "Take a seat."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 pm

(Ooohhh, he's pissed!)

Kana was still getting over the shock of the 'reveal' when Kyla told Felix to come in. The shock passed at Felix's order. He was pissed. All of his students knew how he felt about immortality, and if they didn't, they were idiots. A pause in Kana's mind. He knew. He knew about this. Kana turned in her seat to look at him. "No. There's no reason I should still be there. The poison had been the problem, but that's gone. Now it seems there's a bigger problem at hand." She paused. She looked a little ticked off herself, and for some reason her shoulder started pulsing with pain. She ignored it. "Did you know about this?" It was obvious what she meant. If he hadn't known about it, Kana would expect a dumbstruck look to pass over his face, but that was the last thing she expected from him. He knew about this. Maybe he'd thought she'd known as well, which might have explain why he'd been so pissed at her. She hadn't known. She hadn't known a damn thing. And even if she did, she would've still done the same thing during that fight.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:25 am

Why the hell was she being so stubborn? Why couldn't she just listen for once? "Did I know about what?" He asked. His voice was dangerously low. "That you were immortal? Hm, let me guess. No, I didn't. Not until you lived through the poison. That's when I knew something was up so I took a stroll to Kyla's and was enlightened. So then I decided, I need to fix this. Had you stayed in your damn bed, I wouldn't even be having this conversation."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:30 am

The tone of Felix's voice damn near sent shivers down Kana's spine. But she refused to be even slightly intimidated by him. What was the worst he could do? He wouldn't kill her, she knew that much.

....Well, more like, he couldn't kill her now. This whole immortality thing was gonna take some getting used to.

Kana blinked when he said that he'd decided that he needed to fix this. "Who left that decision up to you?" she asked, irritation in her voice, but she stayed sitting down to show that this conversation was going to happen whether he liked it or not. "And what the hell is there to fix? Who said that once I found out I wouldn't want to stay this way, huh?" Oh boy. She should've really chosen her words better. But at this point, she didn't care. She wasn't the one in the wrong here. "Were you even going to bother telling me, or were you just going to try to make me mortal again and act as if nothing happened?" she asked, her tone quite clearly saying she wasn't pleased with him right now.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 am

"So you could what? Spend the rest of your life pushing people away like I did. Using the life of a ninja as an escape. Going on ever minute and laughing in Death's face until you tired of the life? Until you wanted a little bit more?" Felix had purposely stayed put. Had he moved across the room, he probably would have done more damage than he wanted to. "The decision was mine because I should have been more careful. Had you not seen me with Suki none of this would have happened in the first place." The blame game could have been looked at either way. He may have been blaming himself for her immortality or he could have been blaming her jealously for her immortality.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:49 am

Kana couldn't believe this. She was saying that she wanted the immortality and Felix...Kana's grip around her cup tightened, and she had to set it on the table to avoid breaking it in her grasp. She turned to look at Felix. "None of this would have happened?" She rolled her eyes. "Felix, that had nothing to do with this. I don't even..." she paused. When she next spoke, her voice was surprisinly calmer. "Listen, this whole blame thing doesn't matter, because it's not gonna change jackshit. I don't want this to change. And whether you do or not doesn't matter. I know how you feel about immortality, but that doesn't mean I see it the same way, okay?" Now what was this? She was actually trying to keep her temper in check for once? Or maybe she just didn't want Felix being pissed at her any longer than necessary. Yeah, that was probably it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:55 am

Felix was genuinely surprised by her sudden calmness. It did somewhat help how he reacted to her wanting this curse though. "You what?" He asked, expecting her to have maybe misplaced a few words. A small grin crossed his face for half a second. So that's what she wanted. Immortality. Fine then, she could have it. He didn't give a damn anymore. If she wanted to live this way then so be it. Everything you want isn't always good for you. But she'd learn. Felix turned away from both of them and walked out the door the same way he'd done with Kyla only days ago. He knew how to fix this, and Kana would never know. The problem was, how the hell was he going to get the cure from Kyla? This was a whole new ball game.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:06 am

Kana had been hoping that her calmness would ease the situation a bit, and was glad to find it did. Kinda. Instead of flipping out on her for this, Felix had been surprised and in turn was less hostile about it. On the bright side, he didn't force her to go back to the hospital. Well, try to anyways. But when he walked out after a short grin, Kana blinked. No arguements? No sarcastic remarks? No goodbye? Jeez, he didn't even say where he was going. When he was gone though, Kana turnd to Kyla. "Thank you." A pause. "I mean it. Thank you."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:22 am

Kyla had said nothing through this entire ordeal. She simply stayed quiet, drinking her tea like a ghost. No one had noticed her. When it was over and Felix was gone she looked to Kana who had addressed her. "Hmm," she said as she got up. "Well dearie, may your life be what you wish it to be. You know the Rule of Three. And if you have any questions, any at all, feel free to visit me." She smiled that old smile of hers and gave a nod to the door. "Stay as long as you wish, he just needs time." She gave a sly smile. "When things don't go the way as planned, make sure to have a plan B." Kyla then headed out the door. "I've got herbs to gather."

Felix didn't know where he was going, he just knew he was going. He'd remained walking throughout the entire thing, but he wanted to run. To run until he couldn't breath, but he was too fit for that. The silver haired immortal needed something to help calm the anger that was building inside of him. Kana was making a mistake. It kept repeating in his head over and over again. Finally he went home. Retrieving his jacket from the school and then going to the apartment. Once he was in he tossed his jacket onto the floor of his bedroom and went into the shower. Dressing in no more than a pair of shorts and no shirt he laid on his bed and closed his eyes, the water from his hair dripping onto the pillow. He couldn't sleep, but the darkness was as close as he would get.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 am

Kana hadn't noticed until now that Kyla had stayed silent throughout the entire thing. She nodded when Kyla told her if she had any questions to feel free to visit. She looked down when she was told that he just needs time. "Thank you, but...I still have work to do," Kana said, getting up. "I'll come visit again," she said. When Kyla said that she had to go gather herbs, Kana nodded.

After leaving Kyla's house, Kana went to the Kage's office. Of course, she was prompted on why she was out of the hospital. An easy matter to satisfy. Kana was able to talk to the Kage for about thirty minutes before he had to leave. Unfortunately, none of what she'd talked to him about seemed to get through to him. Except for the fact that his goddamned ninja had done nothing when they head an explosion outside their gates. He said he'd take care of that. What a load of bullshit.

After that, Kana took a walk. She couldn't return home yet. If Felix was there, she wouldn't want to face him. Even though Kana wanted the immortality, she felt at a loss. She walked around the village for a while, ended up stopping somewhere at one point to get a milkshake for a while. She sat by herself at a table, when something hit her. Felix's girlfriend was immortal. Her gaze dropped. Maybe it was fine for her to like him when she'd been mortal, but things had just gotten complicated. She sighed.

After she finished her milkshake, she simply sat there thinking. Her mind ended up wandering to the training schedules. Well, she had to talk to him sometime, because she still didn't know what they were. Getting up, Kana started towards the house. When she walked in and closed the door behind her, there was a pause of silence. "I'm home." The tone of her voice said that she probably didn't want him knowing that. It would have been better if for the time being he didn't know she was home. Giving a light sigh, Kana went to the kitchen table, poured a glass of water and sat down, taking a few scrolls out and a pencil, before starting to look them over. Working would hopefully take her mind off this.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 am

Felix wished he'd had telekinetic powers when she said she was home. He was too mentally exhausted to get off the bed and close the door to his room. It was cracked at least two inches. He'd needed a bit of air circulating through the small space. It didn't help much though. Turning his head in the opposite direction of the door he ignored her completely. He didn't care that she was home. Just go away, he thought with less annoyance and more begging. He didn't want to talk, didn't want to associate. It was her life, she could do with it what she wanted. If she wouldn't take his warning into consideration then it was her problem.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:50 am

Kana wasn't sure if Felix was even home. Deciding that the work could wait for fifteen minutes or so, Kana got up and went to her room, pulling out a clean set of clothes, consisting of underwear, pajama shorts, and a tank top before heading into the bathroom. She hadn't cleaned her things off the table, intent on resuming work as soon as she got done in the shower. So now the table was littered with about five scrolls and a notebook all of which had rather detailed notes on them. Yeah, this ninja girl didn't skimp. After getting undressed, Kana turned the water on hot and, instead of running the shower like she'd intended to, ran a bath. Waiting for the water to fill, Kana took her hair out of the ponytail and brushed it through. After a few minutes, Kana turned off the water and got in, instantly relaxing at the feel of the hot water. God how she loved taking baths.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 am

Felix heard the bath water running. She must have decided to take a shower or something. Getting up he went into the kitchen and got the phone. For some reason, he could never get signal in this apartment. He dialed in the first number that came to mind. Serenity. It had almost been 3 months and he hadn't once called her. Waiting for the phone the pick up he thought about the time he'd spent here. There'd been moments were he'd wished that he'd never even come on this mission and moments were he knew that if he hadn't he'd be missing some important things in life. But now, now he was homesick. He wanted to hear the sound of Serenity voice. He wished she'd pick up. The rings seemed to be endless, or maybe that was due to him being anxious. Leaning against the wall he waited and then it struck him. Where they on different time zones? Couldn't be? Could there? He didn't care because the next thing that was said came directly from the core of his soul. "I miss you."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 am

Serenity was at home, and by herself. She'd stopped healing soon after Felix left, so she didn't have much to do. Megan had work, and Tara was off somewhere with Suki on vacation. Yeah, those two were her closest friends. And now there was drama with the higher ups in the Crested thinking that the ambushes had something to do with her. They'd apparently stopped as soon as she'd gone on maternity leave. She blinked and looked at the phone as it rang. With a sigh, Ser got up from the couch and picked it up. She hadn't been expecting a phone call. So she didn't know who it was. The caller id said 'Unknown'. "Hello?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:13 am

Felix was glad when she picked up. Had he been a girl he probably would have smiled and started into tears like some wife hearing from her husband overseas. That clearly wasn't the case, even if it could be like that, somewhat. "Hey," he said. He wondered if she recognized his voice. He was glad to hears her no matter what. He leaned his side against the wall. Three months and he was finally speaking to her. It warmed something inside him and brought up the guilt of last month. Never again would he forget his reason for being here. Never again would he turn his back on why he'd come. Besides, he could never forgive Kana for her decision.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:15 am

Serenity blinked. Hey? After a moment's pause, she spoke again, a smile crossing her face. "Felix? Hi! How are you? How are things going over there?" she asked, just her voice telling that she was smiling at this. She couldn't have been happier to hear from him with everything that was going on.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next