Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 am

Kymin didn't say anything at Kyla's comment, nor did he watch her leave. He wasn't ungrateful for her help, but Kana was fine now, and Felix was not. He looked at the silver haired ninja as he spoke. He only smirked and shook his head a bit. What a character. He blinked though, when Felix reached up and grabbed his shirt. Kymin wasn't sure if he should've taken that grin mixed with those words as a threat or not. He didn't know the guy well enough to be able to tell when he was joking. Either way, Kymin gave a small grin of his own. "What would that prove?" He gave a chuckle. "Believe I'm on your side yet?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:39 am

Felix's eyes briefly shinned with a light of amusement before fading away. It was funny how Kymin could laugh about this. Felix simply shook his head. "It would have ended it all. You could have saved Kana without any risks, and set this caged bird free." Felix turned his head to the side. "She knows that I want out, that's how it all started," he told the Sand ninja. "So she can't blame you," Felix picked up the kunai from before, "If you were only protecting yourself." He placed the kunai Kymin's throat.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:47 am

"Yeah, but killing you wouldn't prove anything to her. She fainted believing that I was against you guys." Kymin raised an eyebrow as Felix said that she couldn't blame him if he was protecting himself. "You seriously think she wouldn't blame me? Have you seen her temper? If you didn't kill me, then she certainly would finish the job. Now stop acting like an idiot," he said, putting pressure enough on Felix's wound to actually cause him pain, despite the fact that there was a kunai at his throat. Would Felix really kill him if he didn't try to defend himself? Kymin wasn't all that sure of the answer, but he was putting faith in the hope that Felix had a bit of humanity left in him. Even if it was just a shred.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:56 am

Felix couldn't stop the smirk that formed across his face. "You have a doctor here, and Kyla. She trust Kyla." Felix flinched when Kymin applied enough pressure for him to feel it physically. The blue eyed immortal's hand trembled, but he kept the blade in hand, in fact he pushed it a little closer to Kymin. However, after a while he dropped the kunai as well as let go of Kymin's shirt. He remember his saying to Serenity. It was the pain that counted. And Felix was no fan of pain, though he tolerated it most of the time. Felix looked at the sand ninja. "Only an idiot continuous to live on when he knows there is a way out." That was all Felix wanted, but apparently fate had different plans. It wouldn't let him go, no matter how much he begged and pleaded. "But I can understand since you're saving your own skin. And to think you had the nerve to call me a coward early."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am

Kymin only shook his head. "Kyla left a while ago," he informed Felix. He kept the pressure on Felix's wound until the man dropped the kunai, then eased up immediately after. For a moment, Kymin felt bad for Felix. Just how long had this guy been alive? He thought it better not to ask. Kymin smirked. "I only called you a coward to get your to move your ass," he admitted. He looked to the doctor. "We're taking them now. Get her," he instructed before turning his gaze back to Felix. "I'm only out to protect my village. I'm not that brave a guy myself," he said quietly. Telling the doctor to get Kana had been a distraction for the guy who had been listening to their conversation up until them. Taking his hand off Felix's wound, Kymin put the silver haired ninja's arm over his shoulder and lifted him to his feet. "Up we go. Can you move your feet at all, or am I gonna hafta carry you?" Kymin asked with a sly, amused smirk.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 am

Felix hadn't noticed the nosy doctor. In fact, all of his attention had been focus on Kymin, which had kept him from thinking too much about Kana's condition and the way Kyla had acted throughout the situation. Felix smirked at Kymin's confession. "That's hard to believe," he said. "You've managed to become Captain in another village as a spy in order to keep your village out of war," Felix told him. "That is far from being a coward." Felix again refused to make a sound as he was pulled to his feet. His facial expression clearly showed he was no comfortable. "Carry Kana, I walk by myself," Felix responded back. Kymin thought he was funny, Felix didn't find it amusing. "Besides, it'll be the last time you can get this close to her for a while."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 am

Kymin gave a chuckle. "Whatever you say, Silver." He wasn't about to argue about why he was or wasn't a coward. A waste of time and breath, that's what it would be. He hadn't missed Felix's expression when he'd pulled him up. He wasn't too sure the Crested shinobi could make it to the hospital without his help. Either way, he rolled his eyes. "The doctor has Kana. See, I could take her, and have the doctor make sure you don't trip over your own feet, but I'm not sure I trust you to not try and kill him," he joked, taking Felix's arm from around his shoulder. He looked back towards Kana. He wondered if she'd be okay. Felix was right, he really wouldn't be able to see her much after this. He looked off to the side. "The doctor has her," he repeated. He wasn't entirely sure where this feeling of guilt was coming from. Her sickness hadn't been his fault. But it had been his fault that she'd overexerted herself like that. So instead, he stayed in between the doctor and Kana, and Felix, as they made their way to the hospital.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 am

Felix barely heard anything else Kymin said because of the name he'd be called by. Felix took an unsteady step away from the ANBU. Silver. He hadn't heard that name in a very long time. Felix had thought he'd wiped away the past, but it never failed to haunt him continuously. Silver. Felix swallowed. The Servants had given him that name. Felix felt his hand on his kunai. He knew he was being paranoid. Kymin was far too young to know anything about the former group of cold hearted assassins. All the same, Felix had been caught off guard. The silver haired shinobi couldn't even explain himself right now. If a questioned was asked, he wouldn't even be able to lie. Why was he so jumpy about this? Maybe because he had a sickening feeling that Nathaniel was still out there. That the leader of the group that Felix had killed had risen from his murky grave and was now hunting him down. Felix shook the thought from his mind. No, he was being defensive for no reason, Kymin was only referring to his hair.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 am

Kymin blinked, looking at Felix as the guy took a step away from him, then raised an eyebrow. "What's up?" He then paused and sighed. "Look, didn't I tell you I'm on your side? I'm not about to try and attack you in the middle of the street," he said, sounding almost irritated at even having to repeat himself. He looked at the kunai in Felix's hand. "And you can attack me all you want, I'm not killin' you," he said, giving Felix a look. The doctor also seemed to be wary of the two's conversation. The hospital was in sight, just down the street. If Felix ended up trying something, he could just knock the guy unconscious and carry him the rest of the way. Kymin wouldn't kill the guy, but he had no problems with knocking him out.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 am

Felix physically shook his head. What the hell is wrong with me? Snap out of it. Felix dropped the kunai. "I'm sorry," he started. "I'm just....someone from a very long time ago gave me such a name, but they weren't exactly friendly. I'm in no state to fight," Felix explained. "So I'm being overly defensive." He shook his head again and dropped the kunai. That and he felt like he was fighting an internal battle against the beast. That was why he had grabbed Kymin's shirt in the beginning. The death thing was his request to end it, but he wouldn't say why. Felix carefully disarmed himself of all weapons and then looked back at Kymin, nodding to the hospital. "Let's go," he said as he began to walk towards the building. He was not up for a second trip.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:04 am

Kymin raised an eyebrow as Felix explained. So that was it? A nickname from his past. "Well, you'd better get used to it bud, that's your hair color. And whether you'd like to believe it or not, it's a neat nickname," he said with a smirk. He chuckled when Felix mentioned how he was being overly defensive. "Heh, yeah, you are." He nodded at Felix's request to go to the hospital.

When they arrived at the hospital, there were a couple doctors there waiting to take the two injured ninja to beds on the third floor. Funnily enough, they ended up in the same rooms as they had after Felix had lost control the first time. Kymin waited until the doctors were done patching Felix up to go talk to him. "Listen...thanks for doin that for her. If you need anything, I'm just a phone call away. I'd normally tell you to get my number from Kana, buut..." He shrugged, pulling out a piece of paper that he'd written his number on a few minutes before he'd come in, and placing it on the table next to Felix's bed. "Chances are, I won't be around you and Kana for a while. Rumors are likely to spread about what happened, and that doctor had heard you say that I'm a spy. He's probably already said something about it to someone. I have to clean that up and lay low for a while," he explained casually.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 am

Felix smirked. "I guess I need to dye it then." He shook his head when Kymin claimed it to be a cool nickname. "I suppose," Felix responded. The silver haired jonin was silent as the doctors worked on him. It was weird how he was back in the very same room. Almost like these spots were reserved for them. Felix had been staring out the window from his bed when Kymin came in. Felix glanced at the paper, but he didn't intend on using it. As the shinobi went on to explain the situation, Felix nodded. "My fault," he said apologetically. Felix hadn't meant for the doctor to overhear, he had been, and still was, exhausted after the ordeal. He wasn't thinking all that straight. "In that case, keep an eye out of the three ANBU of the Crested. They are The Kage's Dogs, and will not mind cleaning up this mess in a less than humane way." Felix hadn't seen any of them as of late, and could only wonder what they had been planning. Felix sighed. Why were they back at square one?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Kymin shrugged. "Yeah, it is. But it's nothing that can't be fixed," he said cooly. The black haired ANBU Captain nodded when he was told to look out for the Kage's dogs. "Gotcha. And...hey, do me a favor. Next time you see Kana...try'n get her to believe I'm on your guys' side. I don't need her to like me, but it would be nice to be able to be around her without her trying to rip my head off," he said with a small smile. He turned to exit, but then stopped. "Remember, if you need anything. And, I still have to talk with you and Kana about our little situation. I'll let you two rest, but I'm going to stop by later in the week. Don't do anything drastic before then," he mentioned, giving a wave before walking out of the room.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 pm

"I have no intentions on getting into any more trouble," the immortal spoke. His blue eyes closing as he laid down on the bed once Kymin was gone. Felix wouldn't allow Kana to hate him. He had only been protecting his village. Felix knew he shouldn't be so lenient, but there were other things to worry about. One, he wanted to know why Kyla was so reluctant to just out right save Kana, as well as figuring out why the hell she'd even suggest unleashing the Blue Demon. Then there was the issue of him being in the hospital again. Felix knew he could not stay in here over night, the guards would be looking for him tomorrow to go to work. Felix sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. It was time to get things together and then work out a back up plan.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Kana woke up only a few hours later, blinking to find that she was in a dark room, with an all too familiar smell. What was she doing in a hospital? Sitting up, Kana looked to the clock on the wall, which she could only barely see thanks to the moonlight. It was after midnight. She looked around. What had happened? Shaking her head, Kana got off the bed and looked for her things. Something was off. Hadn't she been sick? She felt fine now. Good, even. Upon finding her things, Kana got dressed and headed out of her room, looking out into the hallway first. She wasn't about to get sedated for trying to go home when she was perfectly fine. After a moment, Kana casually slipped out and walked down the hall towards the stairs. She knew walking casually wouldn't do much though. It was way after visiting hours.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Felix had decided to sleep. It was probably the best idea he'd had in a very long time. It was nice to just relax. When he woke up, he felt refreshed. Sitting up he slowly got dressed after checking his wounds and then stretched as much as his body would allow. Without much debate, Felix left the hospital and made his way home where he immediately got to cleaning the blood on the floor. Once he was done, he went to his room and showered. Afterwards, he went to sleep once more, though he wasn't exactly sleeping.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Exiting the hospital, without too much trouble, surprisingly, Kana headed straight home, racking her mind to remember just what had happened. She crossed her arms as she walked. She didn't feel injured, nor did she feel sick, though she did have a bit of a headache. She looked at her hand. Her chakra seemed to be flowing normally enough. Nothing seemed abnormal. So why'd she been in the hospital? Remembering the day before she'd get worse whenever she tried using her chakra, Kana stopped walking, and did a jutsu, making a shadow clone. It appeared easily enough, and there were no side effects, or at least it didn't seem so. A moment later, the shadow clone disappeared and Kana began walking again. She looked at her hand again, when she felt a heat by it. Her chakra was showing. She blinked. That had never happened before that she was aware of. It was a dark blue-green color. Waving her hand, as if a match on fire, the chakra disappeared as if it had been extinguished. Kana paused a moment and simply looked at her hand. "That was...weird," she muttered, before continuing on to the house, walking in and shutting the door quietly behind her. "Felix?" she called in a hushed voice. She walked over to his bedroom door and knocked softly. If he was asleep, she didn't want to wake him. "Hey, Felix, you awake?" she called softly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Felix had been laying with his back against the door. He was oblivious to the fact that Kana was in the house until she knocked at his door. Sitting up, he looked around in the darkness of his room. "Two seconds," he said as he grabbed his shirt and slipped it on. Walking to the door, he opened it. "What's up," he asked. He was quickly examining her condition. She looked fine, that was good. Felix wondered how she'd gotten out of the hospital without him having to be called to get her. She was such a fighter when it came to not getting her way. Felix nearly grimaced as a sudden thought struck him. What if she'd knocked everyone unconscious in order to get out.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Kana was actually a bit relieved that he was awake. She didn't think she'd be able to sleep that night without knowing what had happened. She'd blacked out. And it was starting to come to her memory that Kymin had been there. She nearly frowned at the thought of him. That bastard had used her... "I just...how, how did I get in the hospital? I don't really...remember much," she said, looking off to the side.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Felix nodded. "Take a seat," he said as he walked out of his room and went to the living room. "You got sick, extremely sick. Something happened with our chakra. It was like a war going on. Apparently, my chakra was lingering from...the Blue Demon." Felix didn't want to be honest, but he had to be. "To make a long story short, Kymin saved your life." Felix raised a hand before she could say anything. "He's not our enemy. Aidelia is. Kymin is here because Aidelia is trying to take over. He had to go in as a spy in order to keep his village out of war." Felix looked closely at her. "He's no different from what you did years ago with your team," he said to keep her from arguing about how he betrayed her. "Besides, you owe him your life. If it weren't for him, you'd be in a coma." Felix crossed his arms over his chest. "And don't tell me about how he could have told you before all of this, because you would have done the same thing." Felix was going out on a limb to save what Kymin and Kana seemingly had. "If anything, you should respect him." The shinobi shrugged. "But hey, if you want to hold a bitter grudge, then feel free to do just that."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Kana went to the living room with Felix, sitting on the couch without much qualm, and listened. She remembered getting sick, but she didn't remember the extent to which she was so...It seemed Felix knew her pretty well, because as soon as he'd mentioned Kymin, her jaw clenched a bit and she immediately went to say something. She stopped, however, when Felix held up his hand. She frowned when he said that Kymin was doing no different from what she had done. She hated to admit he was right. About all of it. She would've checked with her higher ups as well, to make sure that she could tell about her mission. Hell, she had checked with her higher ups, just to make sure she was cleared to tell Felix about her old mission. Kana bit her bottom lip lightly in irritation and looked off to the side. Dammit. Why did Felix always have to be so right? "Just how...exactly did he save me?" she asked. From what she knew, Kymin was no medical ninja. He was a planner and a strategist, and a fighter, to some extent.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Felix was glad to see he'd gotten his point across. When Kana finally asked her question, Felix leaned against the wall. "Let's just say, it took some persuading for everyone to work together to save you. Some of us where a bit reluctant in the beginning, but Kymin knows how to talk sense into people." Whether she understand what he was getting at or not was not something Felix cared to know. If Kana wanted to be pissed off at him for nearly letting her die, then so be it. He just wasn't going to throw himself under the bus.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Kana tilted her head a bit, and raised an eyebrow at Felix's response. "Who's 'us'?" She asked, her eyes almost narrow. So wait, Kymin had to persuade others to help save her? Felix included? She wasn't sure she wanted to believe that Felix would have just let her die. Just what did saving her entail?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Felix saw the look he was being given and it almost made him grin. "Kyla, the doctor, myself, and Kymin of course. You were in pretty bad shape. I was a little upset that we had to drag that snail paced witch along," he said with a bit of an edge to his voice. "Anyway, I'm glad you're better. You should thank him the next time you see him. In fact, we may have to repay him sooner than later. The doctor overheard our conversation, so he knows Kymin was a spy, but the guy didn't get the full story, so he doesn't know that Kymin's not the threat. So if the Kage's Dog's come snooping, we're going to have a fight on our hands."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Kana blinked when Felix mentioned Kyla. And again when he mentioned that he'd been upset about having to bring Kyla along. A small smile crept over her face when he said he was glad she was better. But she kept thinking, if their chakras had been...what was the word he used...warring, then how did she end up getting all fixed up? "I can take care of the Kage's Dogs if they come around. It's not really a big deal," she told him. "Worst case scenario, I alter their memories," she said with a shrug. Oh, hadn't she mentioned to Felix that the way she'd been able to get him out of that huge mess was by altering the ANBU's memory? "So...how exactly...I mean, what entailed in, you know, fixing me?" She hated saying it like that. She wasn't a broken specimen, and never was. And if she had been, she'd never admit to it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next