Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Reprieve

2 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A Quick Reprieve - Page 3 Empty Re: A Quick Reprieve

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Kymin blinked when Felix said he was an adorable person. He wasn't sure what to make of that, so he just smiled and chuckled. He shrugged when Felix said interesting. "Not really..." He just liked seeing others happy. There was nothing strange or interesting about that. Right? "A-ah, hold on now...after I use it, it's going to take your eyes some time to get used to it. I mean...how long depends on the person, but usually the individual can't see again for around sixty seconds," he said with a small frown. "And I mean...I don't think it's so different from what other people see, but I don't really remember. Mostly you can only see someone's soul color through their pupils or it usually radiates off blood, but...it's not as exciting as you'd think," he said, then paused. He was being a pessimist. He was sure even seeing it like that was something that might be exciting to a normal person. Or rather, a person who wasn't an Onihana. "Are you sure?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Felix didn't even hesitate to answer. "Hell yes," he said excitedly. "You may think it's boring because you see them on a daily basis, but not I. Nopes, I think it's going to be amazing." He gave a small chuckle. "And I don't mind waiting for it to kick in. If we start now it should be finished before we leave. I mean this place is packed with people, what better way to start than in a room fool of people." Felix didn't care about the whole not seeing part. He'd once been blinded during a mission and had to go an entire fifteen weeks with no sight. It had been hell, but he'd managed. Sixty seconds was nothing compared to that. "And if I can't see everyone's soul then I'll just look into your pupils, and Vishnu's, and the waiters, and the people behind us, and the guy up front, and Lain, and June's." Felix was the one acting child like now.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Kymin blinked at the quickness with which Felix answered, nearly frowning. But the amusement overtook the uncertainty and he smiled at his lover's excitement. "Okay, okay, I get it. Calm down," he smiled with a chuckle. "Just try not to stare too long. People might get nervous," he said with a wink. "Lean forward a bit so I can reach you better." He could reach him easily either way. The jutsu was a bit longer than most, mostly because it didn't have to be used in the heat of battle, so there was no point in shortening it. Leaning forward and reaching across the table, Kymin slowly and carefully slid Felix's eyelids down and let his two fingers rest there for a moment. When he pulled his hand back, he leaned in a bit more and kissed Felix, pulling back after a few moments to sit back in his seat. Just like Kymin said, except for having more acute sight, it wasn't all so different. The way Kymin saw things was both more rich in color and sharper, but at the same time things almost looked cloudy. It was a strange contradiction that the black haired ninja always had trouble explaining.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Felix smiled. "Who says I'm not calm? You haven't seen me when I'm not calm." He chuckled and then leaned forward for Kymin to do the jutsu. "By the way, I'm not going to stare. I promise." He then waited. He chuckled when Kymin kissed him. "I'm sure that the kiss was not part of the jutsu, and if it is, you are restricted from using it ever again unless it's being used on me." He opened his eyes, blinking at the blackness. When he could see again he frowned. "Why's everything so bright," he asked. "And cloudy? How's that even possible? How do you see is the real question."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Kymin chuckled lightly. "Hmhm, it's not, like I said, I just like how you taste." He paused. "That fish your eating doesn't taste bad either," he grinned, even though Felix couldn't see it. "Give it a minute, the cloudiness should become a bit less," he said. The black haired male wasn't sure how to explain it. "It'll still be a bit cloudy, but you'll be able to see things sharper too. At least...that's what other people say," he shrugged. He had only been able to see normally his first two lifetimes. It was only on the third that he started being able to see souls. He chuckled. "So many questions. Look at me," he said, pushing his plate aside so he could cross his arms on the table and lean forward a bit so that he could look at Felix's eyes. They looked the same as before, which was good. There wasn't supposed to be a change in color or anything like that. "Can you see me clearly?" he asked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Felix smiled. "Yours doesn't taste half bad either." He then tilted his head, waiting for the cloudiness to clear. As it did, Felix's eyes widened. Everything was so, different, sharper. It was like going from regular tv to HD. "This is cool," he said with a small nod. Felix looked at Kymin when told to. He leaned forward. "Yeah, I can see you," he said. He was looking into Kymin's eyes unblinkingly. "Dude, it's really silver. I can see the silver." Felix sounded excited. He couldn't hide it. "And everything's so sharp. It's like the details are visible." He blushed a bit. "I guess you already know that."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Kymin grinned at Felix's excitement. If the guy had a bit less self control, he'd probably be jumping up and down, running around to look in people's eyes. He held back from laughing. That would be mean of him. He smiled when Felix looked at his eyes, then put a hand lovingly onto the side of Felix's face. "I know you don't want to miss any of it, but you can blink you know," he said, nodding when the guy said that it was really silver. Again he had to hold back a laugh when Felix blushed. "You're adorable," he said. He leaned forward and placed a light kiss on the silver haired male's lips. "Wanna see Vishnu's?" he asked, eyes glowing lightly. He'd been noticing something lately that he hadn't in the past. Every time he'd looked in the mirror over the past few days, his soul had been shining more brightly than usual. Much more brilliantly. He was sure that if he drew Ira Vangloria it might blind the surrounding audience. He'd had plenty of time to wonder if it was Felix's doing. If being around Felix was making him shine so brightly. Focusing on his love's excitement was helping him forget his own fears.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Felix turned an even brighter red and blinked. "I wasn't not blinking...." He looked off to the side. He was happy for the kiss though. "Your soul is really bright," he pointed out. "If the sun died out I bet you soul would light up the world." He gave a chuckle and nodded. "Hand him over," he said as he stretched out his arms, waiting for Kymin to pass him Vishnu. Felix didn't care that he was acting like a kid. He found this to be extraordinary. If he could see the world in this prospective every day of his life he'd never feel sad again.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:34 pm

"You were too not blinking," Kymin countered with a mischievous grin. That was a little confusing. He smiled almost brightly when Felix mentioned how bright his soul was. He pecked Felix on the lips with a happy kiss. "Hmhm, it's your fault it's so bright," he said, gently picking up Vishnu, who'd been licking his plate clean of any remnants of the fish. "Time to go visit daddy," he smiled, passing the puppy over to his love. He couldn't help but love Felix's excitement. He was glad this was his doing.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Felix decided to take a different approach. "You know what, I did attempt not to blink. You got me." He then smiled as he was kissed. "Yum." He took Vishnu in his arms and turned the puppy towards him. "Seafoam green," he confirmed. He looked to Kymin. "He's seafoam green, right?" He petted the dog on the head. "You look fabulous now that I can see you in HD." He handed the pup back to Kymin. "Do you think garlic and lemon will make him sick," he asked. He was planning on giving Vishnu his leftovers, but if not he'd gladly eat them. Funny how he didn't add Kymin into that equation. "I'm glad I can make your soul shine so bright. Let's me know I've finally done something right." He wondered if people could see there own souls, but he wasn't interested in seeing the black void of a soul that he had. Nopes, not at all.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 pm

The black haired ninja felt very much victorious when Felix admitted he'd been right. He grinned when the other male said yum. That was adorable. Kymin nodded. "Yeps. It's why he stood out so much," he smiled. Kymin set the small dog on his lap after Felix handed him back. "Ah...I'm not sure, but I wouldn't risk it." It was why he'd gotten fish without spices on it. He wasn't entirely sure what kinds of foods would get the puppy sick. Kymin tilted his head a bit. What did he mean by finally did something right? Did he want to ask? "Hmhm, it was pretty dull and boring before you came along," he said. A total lie. "It was more grey than silver," he chuckled. His soul had still shined before Felix, but now it was immeasurably brighter.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Felix shrugged. "Maybe next time Vishnu," he said. He then went on to finish the fish. "I thought you said you chose him because he was the cutest, not because of the color of his soul," he commented with a raised eyebrow. He then smiled. "I'm sure you're only saying that to make me blush." Felix leaned against the table a bit. He'd finished his food and was ready to leave, as soon as he got to look into the waiter's eyes. "How long does this last," he asked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 pm

"Ah, well...I did pick him because he was cute, but I didn't mention his soul because...ah, well...because I didn't really think you'd understand it," he said, rubbing the back of his head with a smile. "Hm. Darn, it didn't work," he grinned when Felix said he was just saying that to make him blush. "I'm kidding. It really was so much less bright before you came along," he said honestly. "Umm..." Kymin leaned back in his seat. "Hmm...I think it was somewhere between ten and thirty minutes before it starts fading," he said. It was a big window, but still.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Felix nodded. "Alright. I shall use this time wisely." He grinned and looked around. "I wonder if that's how Serenity sees the world, since she has Syndryl's eyes," he mumbled to himself. "And don't worry, I probably would have said something rude if you'd told me you'd picked him for his soul." He waved the waiter down. "We're finished here, but could you give me oh so hot boyfriend a cake please? Whichever he chooses." Felix had chose his words specifically so the waiter would turn to him. Felix smirked, not because the guy had given him such a funny look, but because he saw the color of the man's soul. "U-uh sure...." He looked to Kymin. "What can I get you sir?" When Kymin had ordered and the waiter had left, Felix grinned. "Yellow." He then shook his head. "I hate the color yellow..."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

"You've mentioned that name before," Kymin said curiously. "Syndryl, I mean. Who is that?" Or more importantly, what? Considering Felix had said Serenity had it's eyes. He frowned lightly when his boyfriend said he probably would've said something rude, but it was a mock frown. Kymin blinked and blushed lightly, but was smiling nonetheless. "Hm. You know what, just give me whichever cake comes best recommended," he smiled. Looking back to Felix, Kymin chuckled. "You're taking full advantage. It's cute," he smiled. "Hm, yeah, his isn't such a nice color, but I've seen worse," he shrugged. He almost paused mid-shrug when he remembered the colorless soul of Batsu. Damn it, that had really left a mark on him. It was easily the most terrifying thing he'd ever seen.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Felix blinked. "That wasn't meant for you to hear," he said gravely. He then chuckled. "Just kidding. Syndryl's a dragon that lives in the unknown. Him and Serenity have this contract where she gets his eyes for 100 years of her life." He shrugged. "The three of us have some serious history together, dating back to before I became an immortal." He stuck out his tongue. "When you say that, I think of," he snickered. "Immature child like things. I'm going to leave it at that." He looked to Kymin when his gaze fell to the necklaces around Kymin's neck. He hadn't paid much attention, but now he was curious. "Is that necklace blue to remind you of how awesome my eyes are," he joked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Kymin was curious, so if Felix didn't explain, he was just going to keep asking. Luckily, the other male did explain. "A dragon?" His eyes suddenly lit up in child-like excitement. "You're not screwing with me?" In all his lives, he'd only ever been in the Unknown once, and he hadn't met any friendly creatures, or any willing to make a contract. "That's a pretty long time." He paused and suddenly thought of something. Serenity was that healer girl from the Crested, the one that had left. Felix had seemed a bit upset about her not having said goodbye, which made sense considering she'd been the mother of his children. But...Felix had known that woman for so long. He wondered just how close they'd been... Kymin gave a grin and a chuckle. "Tch tch, Felix. Thinking of immature things like that." He paused when the other male mentioned his necklace, smiling. "That's exactly right," he joked back. "But then again, I don't need it because I have those amazing eyes right in front of me," he smiled. "So it's secondary purpose is simply sentiment. I managed to have it passed down with my soul each time I was reborn, as a favor," he told Felix. "It's pretty old, so I'm surprised the gem hasn't worn yet," he said fondly, holding the necklace in the palm of his hand just so he could take a moment to look at it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

"No, I'm serious. I didn't believe it at first either. I had nearly drowned when he saved me, so I thought I was dead for a minute, but he's real alright. If Serenity was still around I'd have her call him for ya." He smiled. "Or we can go find him ourselves." He shrugged. "Well, I sort of forgot most of what had happened after I became an immortal. My memory got wiped." He shrugged. The silver haired jonin blinked when Kymin said it was old and sentimental. "Oh, really? Who's it from," he asked. His excitement died down a bit. He was curious about this necklace.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Kymin smiled lightly. "We should do that sometime," he said, trying to hide the excitement that had sprung up out of nowhere. Maybe he was a little nervous about venturing into the Unknown, because last time it hadn't gone so well. Last time it had ended up with him dead. But he got over things like that, even if he hadn't gone there again after that. "Wiped? How'd that happen? By accident?" he asked, blinking. He'd never found out how Felix had become immortal, when he thought about it. He paused when his lover asked who, then looked down at the necklace, blinking a few times before he smiled. "Ah...just a girl from a long time ago," he shrugged. That was a lie and he hated himself for saying it like that. Lily hadn't been just some girl. She'd been his whole world.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

It had been far from an accident, but Felix wasn't going to say it. "Yeah, apparently Kyla hadn't worked out all the kinks in making a person immortal. Good thing Kana turned out okay," he said with a small laugh. Felix's laugh died when Kymin said just some girl. "I'm sure that if you've been holding on to it for so long, that she's not just some girl. I'm betting she has a first name, maybe even your last name." He leaned forward. "Was she pretty," he asked. He had no issue with talking about someone that meant at least something to Kymin. If he'd remembered who the hell he'd been in love with before Kymin he'd be happy to tell the guy all about her. He almost sighed. Why couldn't he remember her name, her face, he voice?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Kymin tilted his head a bit. Kyla? Kyla made him immortal? That's curious. The old woman was certainly devious enough. He gave yet another pause and swallowed lightly when Felix asked about the girl he'd gotten the necklace from. He didn't want to end up pulled into those memories, because he was afraid he'd get lost in them. Out of all his lives, Lily was the one thing that remained constant in his memories. "Her name was Lily," he said with a soft smile, looking down at the necklace, then gave a small nod. "I married her eight months after I met her," he chuckled lightly. "So yeah, she had my last name." Which unfortunately meant so did his children. "She was gorgeous," he corrected. Already he felt distanced from reality talking about her. But...she was his own personal reality. Or, she had been. "She was a natural blond," he chuckled. "And beautiful grey eyes," he added. He blinked when he realized he'd kinda been spacing out, and his face flushed red as he looked off to the side and cleared his throat lightly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 pm

"Lily, that's a pretty name." He smiled as Kymin explained. "She sounds like a wonderful person," Felix said with a nod. He didn't care that Kymin had spaced out. He'd found it reassuring to know that Kymin had loved someone before him. The way Kymin talked about Lily, in those few sentences made it seem like she was the center of his universe. Eight months and then they'd married. Yeah, he'd been in love, no, they'd been in love. Felix found himself wondering all about how they'd met, if they'd had kids, all sorts of things. He almost wanted to meet her. "Why are you turning red," he asked. "Don't be embarrassed about spacing out, I used to do it all the time." He stuck his tongue out. "I bet a million bucks that you two were the highlight of the village. The relationship everyone wanted a craved." He closed his eyes for a brief moment. "Mmmhm, I can see it all in my head."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Kymin smiled lightly and nodded when Felix said it was a pretty name. "More than just wonderful," he breathed. God, he sounded like a lovestruck teenager. He kept his gaze to the side when Felix questioned his blush. "Ah, I-I sound ridiculous," he said. He glanced at his current love when he said it was probably a relationship everyone was jealous of. "You could say that," he smiled, green eyes glowing. The memories were fond, but they kinda made him sad. He missed her so much. He'd forgotten that he'd put the jutsu on Felix. He could usually tell when someone was sad just at a glance because their soul seemed dim. He hoped his didn't. "We didn't really stay low profile. She liked the attention," he chuckled. "Said everyone should be jealous she was with someone like me." He couldn't help but give a small laugh. "I always thought it'd been the other way around. Maybe that's what made it all so great." Aw shit, he was getting too sentimental, too calm. This wasn't like him. He took a breath, looking around the restaurant with a light huff. "Where's my cake?" he wondered, drinking from his half empty glass of water.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Felix was more focused on Kymin's story rather than his soul. He liked Lily. She sounded like someone he would have enjoyed being in the company of. "You don't sound ridiculous. You sound in love." Felix smiled. His blue eyes glowed when Kymin asked about his cake. "Cool it, it's coming." He then looked around the restaurant. "Here it comes now," he said. The waiter happily set the cake down in front of Kymin. "Enjoy," he said as he picked up their places and went off to the back. "Would it be wrong if I cut his tip because I don't like the color of his soul?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Once more, Felix managed to coerce the black haired male into an even brighter shade of blush. "I-I..." He frowned lightly. He wanted to say it was a long time ago, but that didn't change anything. The fact that she was always one of the first things he remembered just proved it. He was still in love with her. He tried not to sigh aloud when he'd managed to successfully change the subject to his cake. "Thanks," he said, casting the waiter a smile. He chuckled at Felix's comment, taking a bite of his cake. It was really good. He swallowed before speaking. "Very much so," he said slyly, scooping another piece of his cake, but not too large. He didn't want it to fall off the fork as he reached it across the table to Felix's mouth. "It's really good. You gotta try a bite," he smiled happily.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum