Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Final Battle

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Final Battle - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Final Battle

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 pm

A light smile crossed Kymin's face at Felix's grumbling. He found it amusing. Even in what seemed to be such a bleak situation, Kymin was just one of those people who couldn't stop smiling or making jokes. Although his smile did fade, and was replaced with confusion at what Felix revealed. "How do you mean? At least half a dozen medics checked him. And that was four years ago." Kymin wasn't buying it. What a trump card this was. He was sure it was just Felix getting desperate. Poor guy. If only he wasn't as sharp.

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Final Battle - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Final Battle

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Felix gave a weak grin. "It wasn't easy and I had no cooperation from the guy, but I needed him out of the way. I needed Aidelia as Kage." Felix bowed his head down. "And I had to get the word out that it was me and not Aidelia, at a price." Felix gaze remained downcast. He'd lost a good friend and his reputation was tarnished. "I first had to make sure everything was set perfectly. No one ever suspected me as I worked underground, with the help of several rogues that is. And no one noticed that not a single villager was hurt during the fight, only ninja." Felix gave a small shrug. "I was the one that had the ninja called away from their post that day," he continued. "And that's when it began. I had to take damage though," he gave a light shudder remembering the concussion. "Considering the Kage is already dying, I just used a sort of reverse reanimation jutsu that I learned from a group of not so friendly ninja." The Servants. All their nasty tricks and schemes had never left Felix's memory. "No traces are left and the Kage is basically dead. They buried him, but the tunnels underground were dug to his grave. He's in a safe house, waiting for the right moment." In the beginning he'd told Kana he was planning stuff that she couldn't know about, this had been it, and he was sure she never expected something of this caliber. Maybe it was better that they were not friends anymore.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Kymin listened silently as Felix spoke. His usual smile had faded and he was left wondering what else was going on other than the Kage being alive. "You think of all the things going on, that little tidbit would be the last thing to slip your mind," he said, his gaze dropping. Looked like all that mental preparation had been for nothing. Couldn't say he wasn't a bit relieved though. He shook his head lightly, as if there was an annoying thought he couldn't quite get rid of. "Why-why not tell Kana that?" he asked, looking back to Felix. That could have factored in big time. "Were you planning on telling anyone that at all?" After all, it did seem like this was a trump card for Felix. Was this just something he could hold over Aidelia's head or what? What did he gain by keeping this a secret?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Felix shook his head when he asked why he hadn't told Kana. "Because, I told her that there was things that I couldn't let her know before this all began. When we first got here, Aidelia broke into Kana's mind. I didn't want to risk it. So I threw myself under the bus to protect the Rock." He glanced up when Kymin asked if he had planned on telling anyone. "No one but the Kage after I'd kidnapped him. I couldn't trust anyone else to hold this information. If word got out, everything would have gone down hill and the mission would officially be over. I didn't want innocent people to die because of a woman with vengeance." Felix hadn't been lying when he said he wanted to go home. He was tired of this mission. He'd been carrying this burden for so long that he wondered if he had grey hair somewhere within all of the silver. He gave a sigh. He hadn't exactly paid much attention to his appearance, but the shinobi had physically aged a bit. It was one of the less appealing things about immortals. Their aging process sped up when they just couldn't take it anymore. They called it 'Fading.'
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm

"You planned on going home, but not telling anyone about the Kage?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He was sure that wasn't what Felix had planned on doing, but he wanted to know just how the guy had planned on pulling this off without telling anyone. He shook his head a bit and gave a small grin. "You're somethin else, you know that Felix?" Kymin took another drink of his beer before sighing. He hadn't realized that he'd drunk so much of it already. He could go for another one, actually. Now that this crazy shinobi in front of him had practically saved one of his many lives.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Felix shook his head. "It was just to make Aidelia feel less threatened. We've been a hindrance up until now. I was actually going to go stay in the Safe House with the Kage until the right time. When word came of the start of the war, we were going to take the tunnels into the village and right up to the Tower. The Kage would call the war off and Aidelia would be found out." Felix merely shrugged when Kymin complimented him. He felt more exhausted than like 'something else'. This was almost over. He wondered if Kana would forgive him once she knew the truth, or is she would continue to resent him for raising the Blue Demon once more and for insulting her. He had to hit hard to keep her away from him, if he'd gotten dragged down, she would go down too and everything would have failed. Felix could have just turned to dust with that thought, but he held himself together. He had to see this through to the end.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Kymin wasn't sure what to think about all this. Felix was sure as hell smart. He wondered how many years the guy'd been alive. He shook his head lightly before giving a small grin. "Alright then. In that case...anything I can do to help this along?" Well, he was at least letting Felix know that he wasn't about to do anything suicidal. For the moment. If this worked, and Aidelia didn't actually take war to the Sand, well then, all was good. His main focus was to protect his home and family. But to be honest, the Sand had stopped feeling like home a long time ago and his family...well, his family had never been the greatest to begin with.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Felix shook his head. "No, everything's set, we just have to wait on Aidelia to make her move." Felix looked down at his beer. It was nice being able to tell someone about everything that had happened. He no longer felt like a traitor. He gave a slight sigh. "Um...thanks for listening...and believing me." Felix wasn't sure how many others would have believed him. Hell, he wondered if he walked right up to Aidelia and told her, would she believe him. He knew the war was drawing near and that it was only a matter of time, but truth be told, Felix wasn't sure if he was ready for the outcome. How would he return home and tell Serenity he'd been in prison, how could he look at his children and know that they would probably hear the tail of how he had been a prisoner. What would Kana's reaction be? What would happen to Aidelia, because there was no way she would stop just because she was thrown into prison. What about Suki who he'd pushed away to keep her at a distance for when he left the village. Felix felt like the world was spinning around him. He'd sacrificed so much for the village, this place he called a second home, and for what, to lose everything that meant something to him. His heart sank and he did his best not to look like a massive realization had hit him, so he took a sip of his beer. Had he given up too much to recover? Or was there still a chance at saving everything he'd given up for the mission. He tried not frown when he thought about how much of a machine he was. He'd been told to do something and he was going to do it. Would anyone ever forgive him? Felix shook his head. Stop pitying yourself, he told himself angrily. You made a choice, deal with it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Kymin blinked when Felix thanked him, but then grinned, trying not to chuckle. "What're friends for." It was kinda cool knowing that Felix was trusting him enough to tell him this stuff. He tilted his head a bit when he saw Felix's expression, before giving a small chuckle. "Come on, let's go grab another beer," he said, opening the door to his home.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Felix narrowed his eyes. "Don't push it...." Felix couldn't understand why Kymin was like such a child. Sure he looked 27, but did he have the soul of a four year old. Felix shook his head. He didn't want to know. "You're an alcoholic," Felix muttered. "You want another beer and I haven't even finished my first one," he said as he followed Kymin. Felix didn't mind thought. He happily down his first one and tossed it into the nearest trashcan as they exited the house. "As long as I don't have to carry you home, I don't mind tagging along."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Kymin chuckled when Felix said don't push it. "Hey, you're the one gettin all sentimental on me," he joked with a grin. "I figured you're gonna need another one pretty soon given that look you just had on your face," he said, tossing his own empty bottle into the trash. Kymin laughed a little when Felix said so long as he didn't have to carry him home. "Don't you worry bout that. I can hold my alcohol pretty well. Can you?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Felix looked away. He didn't think Kymin has saw that. He gave a small huff. "Sentimental my ass. I don't know the meaning of the word. And the look on my face was the disbelief that I've lasted ten minutes with you." He put his hands in his pockets. "Are you challenging me," he asked. "That's what it sounds like." Felix knew this was about to go downhill really quickly. He rarely drank and when he did, it was casually. He hoped Kymin would take his taunt seriously. The guy was a jokester and it'd be cruel of him to suddenly be all competitive out of the blue.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Kymin grinned at Felix's small huff. It was funny. Reminded him of a small child who didn't get his way. The black haired shinobi shrugged. "Agh, I'm sure you could do worse than hangin out with me," he said, before raising an eyebrow at Felix's question. "I would be challenging you, if I thought you would have even the slightest chance of winning. I don't like unfair matchups," Kymin said with a sly smirk and a casual shrug. The bar was already in sight again.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Felix's pride kept him from backing down from the challenge. He had a feeling that Kymin would be the one carrying him back to his hotel. "There's nothing worse than hanging around you and your terrible jokes." Felix was only joking of course. His blue eyes shinned harmlessly. "It probably would be unfair, on your part," he said with a sly grin. "I think it's better to put our words to the test though. First round is on me."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 pm

"What? Oh that's cruel, my jokes are not terrible," Kymin protested, putting his hands in his pockets with a light huff. Oh great, now he sounded like Felix. Regardless, a moment later Kymin was grinning as they re-entered the bar. "Now that's more like it," Kymin said, chuckling when Felix said the first round was on him. This was gonna be fun.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 pm

This was going to be terrible. Felix shook his head when Kymin said his jokes weren't horrible. "You're in denial," Felix said. He gave a small grin when Kymin mimicked his actions. It reminded him of Kana. He quickly pushed her to the back of his mind. He had other things to enjoy instead of bitter memories. Felix took a seat at the bar and then waived the bartender over. "One round of beers," he ordered. The guy nodded and gave them each a beer. "May the silver haired man win," Felix snickered as he started on his beer.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm

"I think you just don't want to admit that my jokes are awesome," he said with a nod, taking a seat. "Because that would be admitting I have a better sense of humor than you." Kymin grinned. Hey, the guy just got outta jail, why not give him a little fun on his first day back in the real world? After all, he didn't hold anything against the guy. He had shortcomings, just like anyone else. Kymin gave a light laugh as Felix started on his beer. "Oi oi, what kinda toast is that?" Regardless he started on his beer too.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Felix shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't have a sense of humor," he commented. "And even if I did, your jokes would not be 'awesome'," Felix stated as he added air quotes. His blue eyes looked to the bottle on the table. "It's the best toast ever. It gives insight to the future. I'm psychic." Felix was of course kidding because a moment later he started to laugh. "Next round is on you," he said as he finished his beer.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Kymin grinned at Felix's statement. "Well that explains everything. You just don't know a good joke when you hear it!" he said with a light laugh. He shook his head at Felix's constant denials though. "Oh please, you wouldn't know a good joke if it bit you in the ass," he joked, his green eyes shining. "Insight to the future? I'm never going to you for fortune telling then. You'll tell me I'm gonna get a puppy and the next day I'll be mauled by a bear," he said with a grin, shaking his head. "Yeps. Next round's on me," he agreed, drinking his beer.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Felix gave a small snicker. "Are you saying you want a puppy," he asked. "If you're not too picky there's a cat back at the apartment. I'm sure you two would be nice together." Felix put his empty beer bottle down. His eyes shone bright. He didn't often hang out like this. Mostly because he was on a mission or around Serenity's place. Felix sighed. He needed to get out more. "As for you and your jokes, I'm going to just let it slid because you clearly won't change your mind." He looked down at the table. "In other words, where's my next beer?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Kymin knew just what cat Felix was talking about, because he remembered it hanging around every now and then when he'd gone over Kana's place. Signaling for another round of beers, Kymin grinned in amusement. Oh yeah, this was gonna be one hell of a night.

It was nearly three hours later that the bartender recommended that the two of them go home. It was getting dark out already, and the two of them...well to say they were sober would have been a serious misjudgement. But Kymin was sure he was at least more coherent than Felix. He hadn't been lying when he said he could hold his alcohol. He put money onto the counter before patting Felix on the shoulder. "Can ya walk?" he asked, grinning.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Felix had laid his head down on the table because his head had started to spin about half and hour ago. Now he was just having a casual conversation with the people around him as he sipped on his beer. He'd been drunk before, but this was like whole new level. When Kymin tabbed his shoulder, he off. "I'll live." Getting up, Felix blinked when the world did a three sixty. Felix slowly stumbled out of the bar, his vision blurred as he tried placing one foot in front of the other in order to get home. Too bad he had no idea where home was. Felix leaned against the wall, grinning for no apparent reason. "I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm in a wheel barrel."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Kymin followed Felix out, chuckling at the guy's stumbling. Granted, Kymin wasn't exactly steady on his feet right then either. But he could at least stand up straight. "Yeah, maybeh. But if you do a faceplant, you won't look nearly as good," he said with a light laugh. "Might be easier if you were," Kymin said with a grin, putting Felix arm over his shoulder to help him walk. "Where ya been stayin, anyways?" Kymin figured since he wasn't as drunk as Felix, he might as well take the guy home.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Felix gave a small chuckle. "No, I look good all the time, even in pink." He nodded as though this was the truth and nothing but the truth. He gave a small groan and then looked around. "Oh, I stay where there's a bed and tv. And I think it's going to rain, which is bad because my window is wide open." Felix gave a chuckle. "Oh man, I think I'm drunk," he said with a laugh. "You might be too, but I'm not exactly sure."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:32 pm

"Even in pink?" Kymin gave a light nod as if considering it. "I'm sure you'd look good in anything or nothing," he chuckled, rolling his eyes a bit as Felix said he stayed wherever. "Which hotel?" Kymin couldn't help but to laugh as Felix said he thought he was drunk. "Man, we're both wasted," he said with a laugh.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next