Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Aidelia had a slightly surprised look as well as Kana had told her partner to hurry it up. They weren't a very good match, were they? Felix seemed to be calm and rational, while Kana was short tempered and reckless. If Felix constantly had to keep her in check, that could be a nice weak point. But it didn't seem like he was keeping her in check at all, just letting her run free, so-to-speak. So much for that weak spot.

Great, so she'd pissed him off. Big fucking deal. Right now, Kana's sights were set on destroying the woman in front of her. She'd rip her to shreds. Kana had to take a moment to actually register what Felix said when he told her to have at it. Sweetness. Despite what Felix probably thought about Kana, she had other skills besides just being able to see chakra. Though this skill in particular was extremely dangerous, mainly to herself. She'd taught herself how to push any feelings of pain that she had to the back of her mind, so that she could move freely, no matter how much pain she should've been it. It was how she'd thrown the kunai earlier. She just couldn't keep it up for too long, or else...Well, at the moment that didn't matter. In fact, the chances of it mattering ever again were now extremely slim, since she was immortal.

Kana wasted no time in attacking the woman, with a speed that she should not have had in her condition. First a kunai, that had headed straight for the woman, and would have hit had the woman not blocked it with her own kunai. But the second and third strikes hit the woman dead on. A quick jab to the stomach, followed by a kick to the side that sent Aidelia flying into the rubble where the Executioner had entered. Kana was gonna send this woman through hell and back before she allowed her to die.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Felix's mood had gone from worried to just out right annoyed with Kana's existence. Her sudden burst of energy did not impress him in the least. He looked at the Executioner and took a handful of the yellow fur so he could lift himself up. The creature gave a low growl, but Felix didn't think much of it. "Move." He commanded. The beast started outside. It's large paws scrapping the ground as it raised a paw and smashed a new hole in the wall. With all the commotion he was surprised no one had come out of their home to inspect. Maybe they know what's going on and they're ignoring it, or they're just a bunch of cowards.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:57 am

(Long post time.)

Kana didn't bother worrying about Felix leaving. She'd talk to him later. Maybe even apologize to him. In her condition, she couldn't afford a distraction. Because when something distracted her when she was pushing pain, it usually all came rushing back at once. Kana had actually been hoping that the woman would put up a fight. She didn't want to just toss around a ragdoll. But she wasn't fighting back. She just got up from the rubble quickly and backed away from Kana.

"Look, I said before, I don't want a fight. I'm sorry I did what I did, but there's a spy in my village, and you were sneaking around the Kage's tower. Someone could have been impersonating you, I didn't know, so I had to make sure, okay?" The woman actually sounded sincere in her explanation, but that didn't budge Kana.

The brown haired jonin was still pissed off, and she didn't try to hide it. "You could have done anything else, but you tested a jutsu on me, you invaded my mind, which carries more information than what I was simply doing at the tower! Anything else you could have done, but you did something that could have potentially killed me!" Hey, this woman didn't know Kana was immortal. And for yet another time in the past few days, the new information of her being immortal had slipped Kana's mind. "What information did you take from my mind?"

A silence.

"I thought as much." Kana was going to assume that the woman also took sensitive information about the Crested from her. She wasn't sure if Felix had still been in hearing range, or if he had known just what the woman had done to her before he'd come. Not that she cared. He walked....rode out of the building, leaving her with the silver haired woman, with the possibility that she could be...oh yeah, she couldn't be killed anymore. So, that meant Felix didn't really care what happened to her anymore, right? A brief thought passed through Kana's head, one that wondered if he was going to go home and leave her to kill the silver haired traitor. Not that she would care, it was what she'd wanted. Another thought struck her. There was no definite proof that this woman was the traitor. What if Kana killed her and turned out to be wrong about it? Then again, Kana wasn't planning on killing her because she was the traitor, she planned on killing the woman in personal revenge, and because now the woman might have sensitive information on the Crested. That was enough reason right there.

Kana really wished she had chakra, so that she could use her worst genjutsu on her. She wanted to know what this woman's worst fear was. So that she could make it a reality. So that she could turn the woman's world into a nightmare before she died. A pause in Kana's mind. She'd never thought herself to be a cruel person before now. Everything that she had just planned for the woman...using a jutsu that she promised she'd never use, making her suffer before death...what was wrong with her? When did she become so cruel? Determined to prove herself wrong, Kana decided instead on a swift death. But she didn't get the chance before she heard a familiar voice and several pairs of footsteps.

"What the hell is going on here??" Three of the ANBU she had been training had come to see what was going on. They all had their masks on, as well as their weapons. Hell, they looked ready to go on a mission. Kana had taught them well. Apparently not well enough, because they'd come 4 and a half minutes after the initial hole was smashed into the wall. Not nearly fast enough. One of the ANBU spotted Kana and Aidelia and nudged the other. The other one had his eyes on Felix and his summoning. What the hell was that thing?

The first ANBU ran in past Felix towards the other two and looked at them. "Kianashi? Aidelia? What the hell's going on?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 am

Felix had stopped moving the moment he spotted the ANBU. He didn't need them getting the wrong idea and attacking. That would not have been very pleasant. He made the creature around and face the group of six. So someone had heard after all. Felix glanced to each woman. Cat fight popped into his head. He wondered which one would explain. Quite frankly he didn't care. Somewhere, someone was going to lie. Things were going to get suspicious. People were going to start asking questions. This mission was a failed one. If they could not recover from this and persuade the higher ups to let them continue their work and send an attack to the Sand. This was a ticking time bomb now.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 am

And there went Kana's focus. Immediately the pain rushed back to her body and she had to put her hand on the remnants of a crumbling wall to hold herself steady. Something told her she'd have to find her own way home. It was likely Felix wouldn't help her. She looked at the ANBU as he asked what happened. "What happened is your ninja here abducted me, tied me to a goddamned chair and tested a jutsu on me, pulling memories from my head," she spat angrily. At that, the ANBU's head turned towards Aidelia. All three of the ANBU's heads actually. For the moment they weren't worried about Felix. Well, all but the one farthest from him. He seemed to be keeping an eye on Felix just in case. He was probably one of the smarter ones of the group.

Aidelia blinked. "Abduct is a very controversial word. You were sneaking around and tried to take off running, so I knocked you out and tied you to that chair so that you wouldn't attack me when I questioned you on what you were doing. And I did not test a jutsu on you." She was using the same explanation she'd used with Felix. It almost sounded rehearsed. The front ANBU shook his head and ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. "The two of you come to the Kage's office when the sun rises. We'll get this sorted out." He looked at Felix. "You too." He shook his head. "In the meantime..." he looked around at the rubble. "Was this all really necessary....?" he said. "Ugh, don't worry about this. I'll get someone to take care of it."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 am

Felix crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll clean it up tonight," he answered. "I made the mess after all." He patted the Executioner's head. He jumped down from the beast and started over to the pile. The creature followed, giving the silver haired woman a growl. Felix had listened to the entire thing, this was no longer a problem. He had all he needed. He gave a very small nod to his summoning and it started to pick up the pieces in it's mouth. Felix started on the smaller parts. It was almost as if he was apart from all the drama that had occurred.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 am

Lazy bastards. They could easily wake up the kage now and get him to hear this out. Regardless, Kana gave a weak shrug. "Whatever." She looked at Felix as he said that he'd clean it up. She wasn't helping. Well, more accurately, she couldn't help. "I'm going home," she said, to no one in particular. She just put it out there, because there were several people there whom the information would be useful to. Felix, so he knew where she was headed, in case of an emergency, and the ANBU, so they knew she wasn't going out of the village. Like she'd be so cowardly.

Trying to push the pain back again, Kana started out of the destroyed building. She was only able to push about half the pain back. At the least, it allowed her to walk without falling over. But her walk was slow. She didn't care for haste right now. She was going to take her time going home. Unfortunately, she didn't know where the hell she was, so she just randomly walked down a sidestreet that looked semi-familiar, with shops and stores and alleyways on the sides. Kana passed through one of the alley's before the pain started returning. It was slow at first, but then it came back full force, causing Kana to gasp and stumble. She had to close her eyes tight, to try to block it out again. It didn't work. Eventually the burst of pain faded a bit, leaving Kana winded and exhausted. It wouldn't hurt to sit down for a moment, right? She was still in the alley, about half way down. In reality, it wasn't all that far from their home. Two blocks, maybe. So, she sat down against the wall, her breathing a bit heavy.

She'd been reckless. She should have seen the woman's chakra moving and been able to avoid the jutsu that knocked her out. To be able to run to Kyla's faster. Kana's gaze dropped to the ground. She had to apologize to Felix. She wasn't really sure what she had to apologize for though. Maybe for rushing him. Maybe because he had to waste chakra on saving her. Maybe because she'd had him worried. ...Scratch that last one. She'd nearly forgotten that he was mad at her for wanting immortality. And when Felix was mad at someone, he generally stopped caring about them. Wasn't that right? When she'd pissed him off the first time, that had been what had happened. He'd stopped caring about her. She gave a light sigh. Yeah, when she got home, she was gonna apologize to him for everything. She was going to stop being so reckless. And that started with not pushing the pain back until she caused herself internal bleeding. It had happened once before, and she sure as hell didn't want to go through that again.

She hadn't realized it, but throughout her thoughts, Kana started dozing off, her head bowing as she held one knee against her chest. She was too tired to move. But she couldn't sleep here. But....sleep sounded so inviting right now....And just like that, Kana's eyes closed, locking her into sleep. Chances are, she wouldn't wake up until someone found her. And who would know she was missing? She'd been obviously exhausted when she left, and she'd said that she was going home. Putting two and two together, one would think that she was going to bed to sleep. So who would think to look for her until she was supposed to show up somewhere?

Back where Felix was, the three ANBU just watched her leave, each of them giving her a nod. One looked to Aidelia. "Go home, get rest. Be at the tower at sunrise," he told her. This ANBU in particular didn't trust her, but he didn't allow it to show. He looked to the other two ANBU. "Go tell the gate guards we have things figured out here." Then as the ANBU and Aidelia left, he looked to Felix. "I'll give you a hand." And started picking up what he could.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Felix nodded his thanks and continued to pick things up. Piling them against the side of the wall. If he could handle it, he'd even attempt to put the wall back together via chakra control. But with the summoning, he wasn't sure. Felix decided he'd figure it all out once the pieces were moved into there rightful spots. On the other hand, Aidelia had gotten away, meaning she knew they knew and was probably on her way home to plan their dismissal. Felix knew he had to come up with a plan, and fast.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm

The ANBU couldn't help but give a glance to Felix as they worked. He had questions for the guy, but wasn't sure if the answers would be considered confidential. Worth a shot though. "Hey." His back was to Felix as he picked up another piece of rubble. "Aidelia. She a suspect?" He had to be sure. He could help keep an eye on her. He'd never really trusted the woman to begin with. Maybe it was her silver hair, or the way her eyes shined in the dark. Whatever it was, it gave the guy chills.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 pm

(oh so he has a thing against silver hair. He got something against Felix too? Jk.)

Felix nearly stopped in his tracks at the sudden question. Was this guy her partner or was he being legit. Felix figured there was no reason to lie. If she knew then she'd tell her partner. "Yes." Simple, clean answer. That was all it took to make or break this operation. Felix was wondering if he was keeping up with too many operations within an operation. Yes, maybe so.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 pm

(lmao)

The ANBU paused. Ah, so the woman was a suspect then. Good. "Tell me if you need information on her. I'll get it for ya," she said nonchalently as if this were a normal conversation. It seems that they had been working at a good speed, because they were close to finished...but the wall might have had to be fixed by a contractor.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Felix was interested now. So there were a few smart ninja about this village. Some who suspected that this was more than what it seemed. "I just have one question. Who's calling all the shots behind the Kage's back. Is it an assistant, adviser, secretary?" Yes, he was going to get info while he could. They were almost finished. Time was running short. Felix looked at the wall. He could fix part of it, maybe. They had put two holes in the building. He was disastrous at times, but that was okay. Things happened.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 pm

The ANBU looked at Felix as he asked his question. "He has only two advisors. One of them is Aidelia. The other is an older ninja, Tanaka. He's been in this village his whole life. Aidelia, however, only just moved here twenty years ago," he told Felix. Not the information that had been requested, but the ANBU felt it was good information to have nonetheless. The funny thing was, the woman only looked about twenty two years old. Of course, she was older than this, because when she'd come to the village, she was about seventeen years old. Yeah, the woman was older than she looked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:31 pm

(eewww)

Felix nodded. Interesting information. "Thanks," he said. This was going to come in handy. Though Tanaka was not a suspect, Felix wanted to see what he could find on him. After all, the guy may be able to tell him about the second adviser. Felix threw down the last slab that was humanly possible to lift. Crossing his arms he examined the pile. "I think that's about all of it. I'll be heading home now." He turned away, calling for his summoning to follow. Felix was starting to get attached to the creature. It would never replace the Bone Crusher, but still, it was as close to a pet as he'd ever get. Yes, Felix wasn't an animal person. Never could be. It wasn't that him and animals didn't get along, it was that he just didn't have the time for them.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 pm

(lol)

The ANBU nodded. "No problem." If Aidelia ever found out that he was giving out information on her, she'd be pissed. The woman looked elegant and harmless, but she was a true demon when angry. "Alright. Remember, you and your partner, sunrise," he called after him. ...What had those two been doing out at night anyways?

The next morning, the three ANBU were waiting at the Kage's office, having a discussion amongst themselves. Aidelia was approaching the building, and was let in by the guards without a second thought. She was well known there. The Kage was talking with Tanaka, an older gentleman who looked like he'd gone through his whole life being a ninja. In fact, he didn't look much older than 37, and he still seemed to be in tip top shape. Though his hair was graying a little...One of the ANBU took a minute to look out the window to see if Kana or Felix were on their way. Something was wrong. Kana was never late, but she still hadn't shown up. Hell, she always came early. Where was she?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Felix nodded to the ANBU and headed home. He had asumed Kana was in her room sleeping or being angry at the world. Whichever one it happened to be was of little concern to him. He went straight to sleep. When he woke the next morning he showered and dressed, heading to the Kage office. Kana was possibly already there. He was surprised to find she was not there when he opened the doors to the Kage's room. Where was she?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Aidelia was waiting in a separate room. This would not go over well, she knew that already. She should have known better than to buy from that merchant. She'd kill him the next time she came in contact with him, that no good swindler.

When Felix walked in, the ANBU with the dark indigo hair that had talked to him last night walked over to him. "Where's Kana?" he asked. The other two ANBU were watching them curiously. "I figured that she might have been coming with you, since she hasn't shown up yet," he said. He seemed worried. Kana was one of the few people the guy genuinely respected, but if she had taken off because of this little incident...all that respect would be gone with the wind. He didn't want that to happen.

Last edited by Serenity on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Felix was a bit embarrassed by this in the professional sense. His partner had failed to show and now he was being questioned on it. This would only worsen when the Kage asked for information about her whereabouts. "I thought she'd already come," he answered. "She usually gets here early for things. It's not like her to be late." He wondered where she was at though. Kana wasn't a coward, she wouldn't flee. He wondered if Aidelia had something to do with this.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Under his mark, the ANBU frowned. Even her partner didn't know. He glanced to the room where Aidelia was, then back to Felix. "Get a head start on looking for her." He turned and went to the other two ANBU. "Resey, go tell the kage we have to postpone. Don't tell him why just yet. Yui, go keep an eye on Aidelia. Tell her...the kage is busy at the moment," he said. He'd help look for Kana. Jeez, what a mess. Kymin was gonna have a talk with Kana after this was all said and done. She was teaching them, yet she was the one being reckless, busting walls and fighting with Kage advisors. Nice example.

Last edited by Serenity on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Felix nodded and left the room without another word. He had to track her and fast. Had he been able to summon up Bone Crusher once more then sure, he would be bale to do it easily. The creature just need a scent. But the Executioner need chakra. Felix sighed as he moved along a few roof tops. Where was she? He'd start back at the apartment. She was bound to be there.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Kana hadn't yet woken up. Hell, it might have even been a few hours more that she would have slept had no one found her. She was still in the alley, two blocks from their house, her head bowed.

Kymin watched as the two ANBU went off. Kymin wasn't the ANBU Captain, but people followed his orders. It's not like he dished out punishment or anything if they didn't though. Maybe he was simply very charismatic and leader-like. But that didn't matter now, what mattered was finding Kana quickly. Kymin left the building and started in the direction opposite of which he saw Felix going. He decided to start from the site where the fight had been the night before.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Felix was in the house and searching through Kana's room. Nothing. This was getting ridiculous. She hadn't even left a note. Where could she be. He quickly searched around the apartment and even went to the extent of asking a few of the neighborhood residents. No one had seen her. Felix was getting worried and then it hit him. Kyla. Yes, she had to be at Kyla's. Felix moved quickly towards the hag's home. Maybe she'd went there for advice or something. It was all he could come up with. Once there he spotted Kyla in her garden. "Kyla, i-" "She's not here, go away," spoke the woman, cutting him off. Felix felt a bit hurt by her response. She sincerely sounded as if he was a plague in her presence. That was twice now she'd done that. Had she really abandoned him. Left him to fend for himself when it came to his sanity and immortality. Felix shook the thought from his head. This wasn't the time. He went back home and looked around the neighborhood. "Kana," he finally called. "Where are you?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

(Maybe she abandoned him because she instead made Kana the answer to his sanity?)

Kymin couldn't find her either. He'd also resulted to asking any villagers that were awake and out of their houses. No luck there either. Where was she? She wasn't the kind of person to run away, at least not from what he'd judged of her. She'd been limping on her way out of the fight. Maybe she'd passed out somewhere? Maybe someone had found her. And with that, Kymin turned his attention towards the hospital, checking there next.

A black cat stalked around Kana, sniffing lightly at her form. It even stepped on her leg once to see if she would respond. It was the same cat that Kana had seen the night before. The normal one that had randomly stalked past during her watch. When it noticed she was breathing, it took its' paw off her leg. The cat shook out it's fur once, it's ear turning in the direction of the call that cut through the silence of the early morning. Deciding that the person in front of it wasn't going to get up, it walked out of the alley, in the direction of where the shout had come from. For no real intents and purposes. It was unusual to the cat to see a human sleeping outside in the very domain where it usually prowled. When it saw a person with silver fur in the street it simply meowed at him and rubbed against his leg lovingly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 pm

(or maybe she's trying to get him away from Ser before it's too late.)

Felix looked at the cat that approached him. He'd never fooled around with cats. Claws in his skin was not a pleasant thought. But the creature seemed harmless. Felix was tempted to pick it up or maybe pet it, but instead he carefully stepped away from the small animal and went down the alley it had come from. Felix was both shocked and relieved to see Kana sleep. He walked over to her and shook her one good time and then a second. "Kana, wake up. What are you doing out here? We're late for the meeting." He shook her again.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 pm

(That too)

Kana hadn't awoken at the first shake, but started stirring at the second one. The sound of Felix's voice hadn't registered in her mind until a few moments after he'd spoken. "Out where...?" she asked, in regards to his first question. What was he talking about? She was still a bit out of it. Some of her energy had returned with the sleep, but it hadn't been quite enough. The pain had almost completely disappeared from her body, but there was still a light pressured pulsing every now and then. "Late for what meeting?" A pause. "...Crap." Her mind was slowly starting to boot up again. The black cat had followed Felix into the alleyway and was now watching them curiously.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next