Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 am

Kana looked at the creature as it swam around. What would she call it? Deviant. Yeah, that was good. Something was missing though. She put her hand to her mouth as the thing went underwater, then blew out a piercing whistle. The creature came above water and looked at Kana. That was it. It's eyes were blank. She hadn't given it an eye color. She waved her hand to tell it to swim over. It did so. Also, she hadn't given it a personality. These things couldn't really be gentle, for the intents and purposes that this jutsu was created for. Normally, it would look like it could be a gentle creature, too. She looked at it's eyes, changing the colors and the shapes, until she decided on blue cat-like eyes. She also decided to place fin-like structures around where the ears would be. "Alright Deviant, lookin good." Unfortunately, in the outside world, considering Felix had left the door open a bit, a sudden draft of wind blew strongly through, slamming the door wide open, pulling Kana quickly out of her genjutsu and to her feet, a kunai in her hand as her gaze swung to the door. It was open. Who had come in? Surely Felix had to have heard that. "Hello? Who's there?" Kana decided to make a quick scope of the place, moving carefully. She now had a killer headache from pulling herself out of the genjutsu so fast. When she'd decided no one was in the house, not even Felix, Kana grumbled in annoyance, figuring out what must have happened. "What was he thinking, leaving the door open...idiot...jeez..." She walked over to the door and slammed it closed in irritation. She was more pissed off that she'd become scared than the fact that he'd left the door open. Still grumbling, Kana went back over to the couch and back into her genjutsu, picking up from where she left off.

The black cat rubbed itself lovingly into Felix's hand as it was petted. The cat had sapphire blue eyes. It meowed when Felix spoke, as if it were talking back to him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am

"Sorry, I don't speak cat," he said with a grin. Felix got up and tossed the cigarette. He stumped it out and then moved away. His arms crossed behind his head. It was time tot go home. He had left the door cracked. He'd only planned to step out for a minute. The walk and back was less than seven minutes total. Felix found the door closed. Kana must have woken up. He opened it an looked to find Kana back on her couch. "Kana, get off the couch," he said. He tapped her on the shoulder. "Come on, go to your room if you want to sleep."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 am

Kana hadn't moved from her spot again, but on the outside of her body, felt something on her shoulder. It disappeared before she realized it too much though. What she hadn't realized was that it had stopped because when Felix touched her, he actually got pulled into the world of her genjutsu. So there was Kana, sitting there unawares in front of the lake, a black griffin beside her, and an odd shark/mermaid-looking creature in the water in front of her, swimming around. Kana sighed, her thoughts echoing quietly and unconsciously in the realm. "Jeez, how am I ever gonna come up with a decent jutsu...these genjutsu are all crap, crap!" She tossed her notebook to the side in irritation. She looked down. "There's no way I'm gonna be able to create jutsu like they did. They were geniuses, but what am I?" With another light sigh, Kana put her head in her hands, hitting herself in the forehead once. "Idiot..." The sky had seemed to darken back to it's original purple. The deep, ominous purple that Felix had seen when he'd first been trapped in the Blackbird's Nest.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

Felix didn't know how he'd gotten into the genjutsu. One second it was bright and purple, the next he heard Kana screaming and the sky turning colors. Felix looked around and followed the voice. She didn't know he was here. Felix approached her with caution. "You know, I happened to have heard a lot about your parents from the other sensei's when they were students. I'd never had the honor of knowing them, but I do know that the kid they brought into this world was by far my greatest student." That may have been a compliment just then. "And that her genjutsu is the best I've ever seen before. And being alive for eight hundred and fourteen years, that's a lot of genjutsu to witness."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:09 pm

(Awwww...)

Kana had kept her head bowed in her hands until she heard a voice. Not just any voice, but Felix's voice. She immediately froze up. How was he here? Was her mind playing tricks on her? Slowly, Kana lifted her head to look at Felix. Had...had he just given her a compliment? That actually meant a lot coming from him. Felix Kuriyama, who had such high standards, giving her a compliment on her jutsu. She actually gave him a small smile. "Who are you, and what have you done with the real Felix?" she joked. The more important question was...how did he get in here? Unfortunately, she forgot that her thoughts echoed in this realm. And it made Kana frown when her thoughts said aloud: "How did you get in here...?" Note to self: fix the damn editing site.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:48 am

"I'm his twin brother, the nicer one that no one knows exist," he said with a small grin. "He figured I'd do a better job at speaking to you than himself. But since you've found me out, well, I guess I've no more use here." Felix shrugged. "The problem is, I don't know how to get back because I don't know how I got here. It must have happened when I tried waking you up though. The jutsu must have pulled me in some how." Felix frowned. "And your thoughts are bouncing all over the place, just some fyi."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 am

Kana's smile widened a bit at the 'explanation' that 'Felix' had given. It had been a while since she'd last smiled, she recalled. "Huh. Maybe you should stick around at home, and the real Felix can come back when time comes to fight," she joked. Kana looked off to the side as he mentioned that thing about her thoughts. "Yeah. Unfortunately, I realized that. Problem is, I don't...really know how to fix that right now." Kana stood up and dusted herself off. "Well, I guess I'd better end the g...wait a minute. I got it." She looked at Felix, her smile returning. "What if I was able to create a genjutsu where we could discuss the important plans without having to sneak around. You know, a realm like this? The bugs wouldn't be able to hear us in a genjutsu," she said. For having been down on herself for not having good ideas, she had to admit, this idea wasn't half bad. But the thing was, they'd only be able to discuss really important things in the genjutsu, otherwise Aidelia might have known what was going on.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 am

Felix smirked. "I don't think that's going to happen." He placed his hands in his pockets. "I don't think you need to fix it, me being here wasn't suppose to happen in the first place. Regardless, I like the idea of using this as a way to speak without worry about Aidelia." He rocked on his heels for a moment. "Kana, this mission is getting more and more complex. Too many people are getting involved, but it is possible we have an ally. The problem is, I'm worried that the Kage is holding back information. He knows something about Aidelia and her jutsu. I saw it on his face." Felix paused. "On top of that, we have to be more careful about what we look at. I don't want any more trouble, so no more snooping around. If we want information, we have to ask for it freely. To show we mean no harm. Just in case the Kage didn't buy our story. But all the same, everything I said about Aidelia in that room was true. I just hope the Kage realizes that. If not...I'm not sure we'll be able to do this. We need his cooperation."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 am

Kana looked at him a moment with a smirk of her own when he said that he didn't think it was going to happen. "Aw...that's too bad." Kana nodded when he said he liked the idea of using this to talk. "What I don't get is why Aidelia is still relying on those bugs, when she knows that we know they're here. It's obvious that we would watch what we say around them." When he started saying about no more snooping around, Kana nodded. Something was bothering her. "Felix...listen, I need a favor. Tomorrow I need to make a call to my captain, and I can't chance anyone from outside the Crested hearing it. I plan to go outside the gates to make the call. Can you be my lookout?" She had to talk with her captain. Otherwise things could get even more complicated than they already were. This was important. Seriously important.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:03 am

Felix looked at her curiously. "Sure," he said. "But, what exactly for?" He asked. "If you don't mind me asking that is." Felix may have accepted, but that did not mean they were on the same page. He still didn't like the idea of her being reckless, but it was her choice. She was immortal now. She could handle her own. A little voice in the back of his mind told him: So is Serenity, but you still watch her like a hawk. Speaking of, don't you think you should call her, she's bound to be worried about you. It's been a while since you all have last talked, and you still failed to tell her about the four year extension.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 am

Kana seemed to pause in hesitation as he asked what for. "I..." He was her partner on this mission, he had a right to know. "This mission may tie into a much bigger, much more serious mission that I was heading a couple years back. I'll give you more details after I call my captain tomorrow...but I can't divulge too much right now...you understand, right?" She was seriously hoping he would. It was highly confidential, even telling him that much was pushing it. But she would tell him everything, just not right now. Now wasn't the right time. Tomorrow, after she figured out what had to be done.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 am

Felix's blue eyes iced over. So now Kana was holding back information. And just what could possibly tie in with this mission? Felix gave a curt nod. "Yeah, now, if you don't mind. I do have to get out of this jutsu." He said evenly. He wasn't pissed, just annoyed. There was far too much stuff going on right now. Way too much. He was starting to believe that he too needed to call his Captain. The guy needed an update. Felix didn't like the situation they were in, and Izua would not like it either. This was not working the way he'd planned. They needed to regroup and make a different plan.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:17 am

Kana noticed the change almost immediately. Of course he wasn't going to like it, she knew that. But at this point in time, Kana didn't have the authority to tell him anything more than what she already had. She'd fix that though. She nodded when he said that they needed to get out of the jutsu. "Right. And...thanks." Within an instant, the two of them had returned to their minds, back in the livingroom. The first thing Kana did was look around. Then something hit her. She was going to get cameras. Set them up around the house, just in case. "I have to go pick something up at the store. I'll be back within the hour," she told him, giving him a nod before starting out.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:22 am

Felix nodded. It was already late, but he didn't need to tell her that. He gave a shrug and turned away. He wondered where the cat was, but he wasn't going to bother. It would have been nice if Kana would take him out. Felix went to his room and laid down. He wasn't tired, so he retrieved the book from the table and started back through the pages.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 am

It wasn't long before Kana came back with a bag in hand. She took one of the camera's out and went over to Felix's room and knocked on the door without a word. She wasn't going to say a thing, just show him the camera so he knew what was going on if he found one. It was small. Very small, and easy to hide. If someone snuck into their house, they would know what the person had done. Kana bought about fifteen of them. And no, she wasn't about to put any in the bathroom or bedrooms. That would just be wrong.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:30 am

Felix looked up at a knock on his door. He lazy got from the bed and opened the door to see Kana there. "What?" Why couldn't she just yell I'm back as usual instead of bothering him? Felix's mood had turned rather sour. He guess that was because of all that was going on, that and he couldn't find what he was looking for in the book. Stress, that's what this was, stress. His hair was silver, so it'd be hard to tell if he had grown a few grey strands. He was disgusted at the thought.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

Kana smirked a bit at his irritation, but shook her head, lifting the camera in her open palm to show him, putting one finger on her other hand to her lips. He'd understand. He was smart like that. She tilted her head as if to say 'Got it?'
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 am

Felix saw the camera's and gave a small nod. "I'm going back to bed, don't wake me again." He stepped back into his room and closed the door. Felix picked up the book and started back through it until about midnight when he finally gave up and laid it aside and went to sleep. The next morning he showered and sat at the table with the book and a half eaten peach. Felix liked fruit. But he never ate the full serving. That may have been the reason he had a high immune system, or maybe it was one of his benefits of being immortal. Whichever one it was, Felix didn't care.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 am

"Got it," she said in response. When he went back in his room, Kana went about silently setting up and programming the cameras. Oh, she was going to record everything. No one would get in or out of this house without being seen. After she was done, Kana went straight to bed. Even though she'd napped earlier, she was still tired. And at least she'd gotten something done. When morning came, Kana got up, got dressed and went into the kitchen to find Felix already there. "How do you manage to get up before me every morning?" she asked, a hand on her hip as she sat at the table.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 am

Felix shrugged. "I don't know. I usually get up at a set time. Things to do. I'm not one to sleep late. Between missions and getting out of someone's house before they have company, well, I'm good about those types of things." He grinned. "Don't think about that too much, you might come up with some inappropriate thoughts. I am not the male version of a dirty mistress." Felix flipped a page. "I have a training today," he reminded her. It was his way of saying when do you want to go and how long will you be, I have things to do.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:56 am

Kana looked at him as he spoke. For some reason she wasn't feeling very hungry this morning. Or well, for that matter. Maybe she was coming down with something. She blinked as he grinned and said that she might come up with inappropriate thoughts. She couldn't help but grin as well. "Hey, you're the one who brought the inappropriate thing up." A snicker. "And are you sure about that?" she teased, about the whole male version of a mistress thing. She waved her hand before he could respond and said quickly "Anyways, I'm gonna take a look at the traps outside the gates in about half an hour, then get some training done too." That was her way of telling him her phone call would be in a half hour.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:01 am

Felix raised an eyebrow. He could have called her the dirty mistress, but hey, he was in a good mood. He wasn't about to have that. Felix took a bite out of his peach. "Yeah, sure, whatever you say. I'm sure I'm clean though. Besides, just who could I possibly with in the latest hours of the night?" He grinned casually. He gave her a slight nod when she gave him the details he needed. "Alright, you have fun with that." He stood up. "I'll see you later tonight. I'll be giving my Academy kids a real treat today, and maybe the Genin as well."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 am

(OOOOOOHHHHH)

Kana blinked, her grin fading a bit at his question, causing her to look off to the side, lest she end up blushing by accident. "MmHm." Just for the hell of it, Kana stuck her tongue out at him. But for fun. What a jackass he could be sometimes, but still, it amused her. "Alright, give'em hell, n train'em well," she chuckled, giving a wave. After a minute, Kana stood up as well, getting something to eat, a bit reluctantly, and then twenty minutes later went out of the gates a ways and waited for Felix.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 am

Felix had chosen to train his Academy kids and Genins at the same time today since Kana was suppose to call him early. He wasn't sure how long the call would take, so he wanted to get them all trained up. "Alright everyone, let's start." He looked to the Genin. "You all are on Combat training today." He said. A small excited talk started up and it almost made Felix smile. He liked to see the kids happy. "Next week we'll start with actual weapons." Even more excited talk. "Alright, cut the chatter." He said. "Each team needs to find another team and get started. Watch your partners back. Dismissed." He looked to the Academy Ninja. "You guys will get your time, but not right now. Right now you're on target practice. Test all the weapons. See if you're better at senbon, kunai, or shurikens." He gave them a grin. "Not even the genins have gotten to use weapons." The kids started to mumur excitedly. Felix smirked. "Alright, what are you waiting around for, get started." He watch them go and found himself a seat to watch each group at a distance.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 am

While she was waiting, Kana did in fact check around the gates' parimeter to make sure no traps had been set off. She'd specifically told her ANBU where the traps were and to keep an eye out for the off chance that one went off. If one had gone off and she hadn't been notified of it, they'd all be in for very rough training. That brought a grin to her face. After her phone call, she might intentionally set one off.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next