Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

2 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Godfather Tue May 22, 2012 11:30 pm

"One week from today and then I'm back home if they don't lock me up. Which will never happen because I will leave before they get the chance." If they though of me as a monster then, how will they see me after I rip apart half of the village for the sake of my freedom? "Then you'd be assigned to hunt me down and possibly kill me for my crimes." Felix gave a grin. "Which we both know is impossible." Immortals can't die. We just fade. I'm surprised that hag hasn't faded away into nothing. Felix really hadn't gotten over how this all started. Kyla had betrayed him, and he didn't take lightly to traitors.

Last edited by Felix on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Mission: The Blackbird's Dilemma

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Kana looked at him as he said that he'd leave before they got the chance to lock him up. She gave him a look when he said that she'd be assigned to hunt him down. That wasn't funny. But regardless, she gave a light grin. "Maybe impossible, but with your condition, you might not get very far to begin with. I might not even have to walk more than an hour outside of the gates before I find you clonked out somewhere," she teased, pointing her fork at him. Okay, so that was exaggerating. But still. She didn't want to be a killjoy, right?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Felix smirked. "My condition is perfectly fine," he told her. His blue eyes glowed in the dim light. "Anyway, why are you interested in my trial date?" He asked with mild curiosity. "You should know, you're going to have to be apart of it. You were a victim after all." Felix didn't even let a look of bothersome cross his face. He wanted to see her reaction. If they'd left her out of the trial, that meant he was in deeper than he wanted to be. Not something he didn't expect, but they were trying to protect their own people. Kana would possibly forgive him, but the Rock would not, they wanted their pound of flesh. If that's the case then they can take my heart, too bad it doesn't weigh a pound.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Kana took a moment to look at Felix when he said that his condition was fine. "Is not." She was confident in saying that. After all, she could see that his chakra flow still hadn't returned. Then again, neither had hers. She'd gone to Kyla for a remedy, but Kana wasn't exactly the most patient girl in the world. Chakra was a big part of her fighting style. Even though Felix had been alive far longer than her, she still envied his abilities in hand-to-hand combat.

"Cuz, I don't wanna end up calling you in the middle of trial. How would that look?" She paused when Felix said that she'd be having a part in the trial as well. She'd figured that she would have, but no one had talked to her about it. She'd been left completely out of the loop. And that pissed her off. Seriously pissed her off. Did they not trust her to be honest at his trial? Kana's eyes averted to the side when he mentioned how she'd been a victim. It could've been her imagination, but she was sure that her right shoulder had just throbbed a bit. She ended up giving a light smirk and shrugging. "It seems they don't trust me enough to not defend you in the trial. You know, after what happened at the Academy and all." That event was still fresh in her mind, and had she also not been under watch, she would've set up a trap of her own to get back at that coward of a teacher.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Felix smirked at her mention of the Academy. "I'm surprised you didn't get in trouble for that little mishap. It was however my fault for intervening in the guy's teaching style." Felix shrugged. He looked around the room. "You should keep an eye on him," he told her lightly. "Why put someone in charge who won't teach when that's exactly what they need. Aidelia is still pulling the strings here. This game will not be easily won, I can guarantee you that." Felix paused and then looked directly at his former student. "How much blood are you willing to spill in order to win this?" The former glow had left his eyes, leaving a dark shadow in the bright blue pools.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:06 am

"Agh, I'm sure I'll have something coming soon enough," she said, in regards to her getting in trouble. She wasn't sure that she'd get in too much trouble though. She was defending her partner. And who knows, maybe she'd be called into the Kage's office to talk about it. Maybe after this mission was over, successful or not, she'd be put on a temporary suspension. Or better yet, and the thought made Kana nearly smile, maybe the Kage of the Crested would attempt to get her into an anger management program. "Teaching style? Maybe if they were going to all become something other than ninjas, book work would've been fine," she said with a light scoff.

Nodding when Felix told her to keep an eye on the teacher, Kana also took a small glance around. "Yeah, I know. He might even be one of hers," she said. It was just speculation, but the guy seemed like he'd been quick to want to silence Felix. She didn't know if anyone here knew Felix was immortal or not. But if Aidelia hadn't know, blows like Yamuri had given Felix in his condition could've killed him. And if she had known, blows like those could've put him into a coma. Either way, Felix would've been silenced. The thought nearly made Kana shudder. Who knew, maybe she'd be next.

At Felix's next question, the brown haired ninja paused, before giving a rare smile. "You must've forgotten. I'm not exactly fond of losing," she told him. Of course, she had other reasons aside from her pride that made her want to have this mission successful. She could not...no, she would not let the Crested fall because a mission just happened to joint with an old mission of hers.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 am

Felix shook his head. All jokes were aside. "I didn't ask you whether you wanted to win or lose. I asked you how much blood where you willing to spill." His blue eyes were focused on hers, holding her gaze. He wanted to know. He didn't have a plan, but it was an important question, for when the time came of course. Felix felt the need to look off to the side at that thought, but he had to continue to hold Kana's gaze so she would know just how serious he was.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 am

The Illusionist knew that he had been serious, but...that wasn't the kind of question she liked answering seriously. Just whose blood were they talking about? "I'm not going to let the Crested go to war over a stupid error from my past. I'm willing to spill as much as necessary, so long as the blood's mine. I won't risk lives that don't need to be risked." And that was that. If he was expecting a different kind of answer, then she simply wouldn't know what to tell him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 am

He still hadn't fully recovered from the effects of the Blue Demon. The lingering madness was clear as he grinned (like in the siggy). "Don't wage a war if you're not willing to spill blood, especially if it's not your own." Felix couldn't break the grin. He leaned back in his chair until it was tilting backwards. "I'm beginning to wonder if you're capable of handling this assignment. You'll need to get your hands dirty if you want to beat Aidelia." Felix shook his head. "Tsk tsk. You have to become the enemy in order to beat the enemy. Well, for this one at least. You need to learn to play with the same rules as here. Everyone is at your disposal." Felix ran his hand through his silver hair. "Remember Kana, no one is innocent, so spilling blood shouldn't be a problem."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:57 am

There was that grin. Kana recognized it all too well. Her eyes almost narrowed at the memory. At him. She had to keep reminding herself that it wasn't really his fault. Still, what she saw in his face at that moment was enough to send a slight chill down her spine. Even if what he said was true, it was also true that now Kana had an unlimited amount of blood to spill. Maybe she needed to rethink some things. Her eyes really did narrow at him as he questioned her ability to handle the mission. "No one? What about those kids you've been training? You know she's only using them too. When the time comes, the Sand's gonna overrun this place, and it's gonna be those kids out there fighting for the Rock," Kana stated, making sure to lower her voice a tone. She wasn't talking about the Sand's plans anytime soon. Kana could see the big picture. If the Sand were to launch an attack now, many good ninja would be wiped out, leaving no one to train the kids other than the weak ninja that could be spared from defending the village from future attacks. And then those kids would grow up weak, and then they'd be the ones defending the village. Kana nearly frowned at the thought. If she were a Kage hell bent on power, this would be the kind of play she'd make.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:08 am

"As I started before, everyone is at your disposal." He let his chair stop tilting and looked at her, his grin slowly fading. "If you were one of those children, would you rather die for your village or grow up as a weakling, living every day with the knowledge that you didn't fight to protect your village." Felix sighed. "Why do you think I spent so much time training them. I could have been working with the more experienced ninja, but I gave the younger ones a chance to prove themselves as something more. Everyone deserves at least one chance to show that they are more than the weakling everyone makes them out to be. Would you not agree?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 am

Of course Felix was right. He always had to be right. She hadn't come here to make friends of the ninja, or the villagers. She'd come here to get a job done and go home. Emotional attachment was something she'd never been good at. But to say that everyone was at her disposal? That was a bad thought to put into her head. Felix should've known that. Kana sure as hell knew it. But the problem was, again, Felix was right. There wasn't much other way to get the job done than to do it quickly and thoroughly. And that started with investigating every single ninja in the village. And she could only trust a few of them. And she was meeting with one of those few in a couple hours. And then Felix spoke of how every kid deserved a chance to prove themselves. Of course, he couldn't have been speaking of her past. Kana had never needed to prove herself. She'd pushed her way to the top. "Yeah, of course," she responded with a nod, in an almost absent manner. It was an absent-minded response because...well now, Kana's mind was busy with planning new strategies. She'd finished her breakfast only moments before, and was working on what was left of her coffee. First thing was first. Intel. She'd have to go to the Sand and hide there, at least for a few days, to collect whatever intel she could on Aidelia. Felix wouldn't like it, but she didn't exactly have to tell him about it.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 am

Felix hadn't finished with his breakfast, but he no longer had an appetite, despite how famished he'd been a few days ago. Kana's silent meant she was up to something, that much he knew, but the question was what. "I'll leave you to your plans," Felix said as he got up. "I won't be much use to you since I'm leaving here in a few days." Felix stood up, dropping the money on the table as he went. "Excuse the rude behavior from earlier, don't let my psychotic mind sway your thought process. We don't need another me running around. Besides, you've already 'developed a similar style' to my own," he told her, quoting her from the beginning of their mission when things had been sour between them.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 am

(More like despite how famished he'd been that morning.)

Kana pulled herself from her thoughts when Felix said that he'd leave her to it. Oh no, she still had to talk to him about that whole thing about him going to the Sand. She raised an eyebrow when he apologized, saying that he'd been rude. Rude? She didn't quite get it. He was just setting her mind back on track was all, how had that been rude? Of course, Kana's perspectives did differ from your average human's. Getting up as well, Kana followed the silver haired ninja out. "Oh no, I still gotta talk to you," she said persistently. He wasn't getting out of this whether he liked it or not.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:36 am

(ssh)

Felix turned and looked at her genuinely confused. "I'm sorry, I forgot." Felix never apologized, well, rarely, and he'd done it twice now. Something was up. Was he trying to close that gap that had been torn between them because of his failure to control himself and Kyla's betrayal? Felix shook his head. No. "What did you want to talk to me about," he asked. "I do have things to do, that don't include hanging around here all day. Plus, you have work to do as well. You don't want the Kage's Dogs to see you slacking." They were always lurking around somewhere.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:43 am

Kana gave him a look when he apologized again. "You can...stop apologizing," she told him, almost awkwardly. "Tch, what did I want to...I wanted to make sure that you're not still planning to take that little trip to the Sand." They both knew what she was talking about. He was still in too bad a shape to be going to the Sand to warn the Crested ninja. She wouldn't allow him to go. And she wanted to make sure he didn't plan on going.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 am

Felix smirked. "Oh, that. No, I'll be too busy to worry about a measly little mission such as that. I have to save my own hide before I worry about someone else." Felix shrugged. "I figured that out last night." He turned again. "Are we done here, because that stuff is still waiting, and I'd like to go home and shower, even if I recently had one. Since I can't swim, according to the doctor, it's the next best thing." That sounded pathetic even to him. Hell, swimming would help him get back into shape, but doctors swore they knew everything. Felix frowned. He'd show them all.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 am

Kana looked at Felix in silence for a good few moments after he spoke. She knew she was treading into slightly sentimental territory with what she was about to do, but she could play it off as something else if the need arose. "Promise me you won't. You're already in bad enough shape as it is."

While it was still early in the morning, Serenity decided to go out of the hotel and go see Felix. She was still thinking on what Tara had told her of course, but after Felix had left the flowers and card by the door, she couldn't help but to want to go see him. To see how he was doing. She was just...soft like that.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:03 am

Felix sighed. "I promise that I won't go to the Sand and save the Crested ninja." He told her with a smug look. "You make it sound like I'm going to die if I go over there. I've been on enough missions to know Death is not coming for me. I'm immortal. Besides, me being in this condition will show them I'm not a threat, but hey, it's whatever you want Kana." Felix shrugged. He was being a jerk, but he couldn't help it.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 am

Kana was almost taken aback by Felix's smug look when he said that he wouldn't go. She looked off to the side when he said that she made it sound like he was going to die. "Hmph. At this point, you're really not a threat to them. But under normal circumstances you are, so what if they decided to make it so you'd stay not being a threat, huh?" she argued. She could just feel her irritation towards him rising. He just couldn't be simple, could he? A simple 'I promise' would've done just fine, but nooo, he had to go and add onto it!
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 am

Felix yawned. "How exactly would they make me a permanent none threat. What can they possibly do to me? Put me in a coma? I would eventually wake up, and they'd all be dead by that point." Felix shrugged. "Anyway, tying people to trees doesn't really count either." He peered at her curiously. "Can I go now?" She'd basically insulted him and he'd let it slide, but if she didn't let him go, he'd be less kind.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 am

Okay, she knew it was still a bit early in the morning, but yawning? She wasn't sure if he was actually tired, or just doing it to annoy her. Her eye nearly twitched in agitation when Felix brought up the whole tying people to trees thing. She'd ended up gift wrapped against a tree in a nice little trap of his when she'd been younger, for failing to pay attention to where she was going. "How? They'd only need you to not be a threat until they're done with their take over! Or worse yet, do you know how many memory altering jutsu's exist out there?" Okay, now she was getting a bit too irritated, to the point of anger. She'd completely ignored his question about if he could leave or not. "They could end up turning you to their side, and you wouldn't be any the wiser! Think for once, will you!" While she wasn't yelling, Kana's voice was still a bit above what would be considered an appropriate conversational level.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:29 am

Felix stood patiently listening to Kana go on and on about stuff he cared little about. He was getting tired from standing, seeing as though he wasn't used to standing up for long periods of time just yet. That's what happened when you spent a month in the hospital. Felix shook his head and then with the most casual of actions he closed the very clear gap between him and Kana with a kiss that last only a brief moment. When he backed away he had a small light in his eyes. "You never answered my question, can I go now?" He asked. He was secretly waiting to see her reaction because he could have chosen any other way to shut her up, but he'd chosen a kiss. A nice little tease. Felix nearly smirked, but he didn't because he had a mild fear that she would punch him. And since he was no threat to anyone, including Kana, he did not want to be assaulted.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 am

While Kana wasn't done with the things she had to say, it didn't seem to be up to her, for as soon as she'd gone to speak again, Felix had leaned in to kiss her, catching her more off guard than if there had been an ambush by the Sand village right then and there. When he pulled away only a short moment later, Kana was very silent, and her eyes a bit wide in shock. But after another moment, she blinked and looked at him. She opened and closed her mouth to speak several times before words were actually formed. "...what was that?"

As Serenity turned the corner that led to Felix's street, she was forced to stop in place and quickly pull back around the corner, for what she saw was something she'd never expected. Her eyes wide and quickly tearing, her hand covered her mouth in a quick motion, for it had dropped the moment she'd seen what she had. One time occurrence her ass. Tara had been right. Swallowing, Serenity took a moment to catch what breath she'd lost before starting back down the street at a quickened pace. She didn't want to be caught crying in the middle of the street like some woman who'd just seen a puppy get killed. Still...what had she just witnessed...?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:45 am

Felix started to laugh at the reaction Kana had just gave him. She was clueless as to what had happened and he was enjoying every moment of it. If he'd know Serenity had come at the same time, he wouldn't be so lively. "That was me getting you to shut up, and it worked rather well," he explained. "You see, I'm not very fond of standing for long periods of time anymore, but you just kept talking and talking. So I decided that the best way to get you to be quiet was a kiss. If you were to have continue to speak while I was kissing you...well, that would have been both rude and disgusting in the utmost degree. "
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next