Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Day at Roulette High

2 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

First Day at Roulette High - Page 7 Empty Re: First Day at Roulette High

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:13 am

"Why do you let him get under your skin, you guys are twins and a little competition could do you some good. You going to let him walk all over you," he asked, taking another bite, this one smaller than the last. "You need the lab just as much as he does." He looked around the cafeteria, seeing all the smiling faces and hearing all the laughs. These people were happy to be here, so was he. He glanced over to Ellie who was probably discussing homecoming dates and such. He wondered who would win. "Think Mutsu and Mirrenen will run for homecoming king and queen, maybe even Onihana. I think he has a shot. If Izumito goes, Sorca might have a run for her money. Everyone thinks Clarissa is an absolute angel." He was just trying to keep the conversation going, but it didn't matter if things went silent.

Kanda would choose a flower shop over a sibling? Haven didn't think he could do that. "The shop must mean a lot to you and your mother." He wondered what Kanda's dad was like. Nicer than his own dad he would hope. When Kanda pushed away his tray, Haven stopped kicking his legs back and forth. "Want to go dump our trays and head for the dorms since we're roommates," he asked, his voice returning to it's usual cautiousness. He didn't want Kanda to think he was being clingy or anything.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 am

Recha frowned when Felix asked him why he let Kim get under his skin and looked off to the side. He didn't want to talk about it. Kim may not have been faster or stronger than him, but he was definitely smarter. And aside from that, he just wouldn't tell him what happened. He wouldn't tell him what part of his memory he was missing and that was what ticked him off most. He wanted to know why their parents were dead. Kim just thought he was too fragile to know, or something like that. "I don't need it that bad," he mumbled lightly. He glanced to Ellie when Felix did. "Pft. Who knows, who cares. Mutsu and Mirrenen will probably win. They've slept with damn near everyone in the school and people just keep going back," he said, rolling his eyes. Oh, he knew the gossip of the school. It was hard to get away from it, honestly.

Kanda was quiet when Haven said that the shop must've meant a lot to him and his mom. "No, my mom just means a lot to me," he said simply, looking off to the side casually. "She would work herself to death if she got another kid," he said with a frown, picking up his tray when Haven suggested it. "Sure."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:37 am

Well, that went south pretty quickly. Felix didn't have anything to say to that, so he simply place his apple on a napkin and laid his head down on his arms, blue eyes watchful of what was going on around him. He thought about what Recha had said about Mickey and Sorca. It was true. He couldn't see himself doing that. If he was going to get intimate with someone, he wanted it to be meaningful, a relationship. He glanced around at some of the couples, most were smiling and whispering in each other's ears. He didn't care to wonder what that was like. It wasn't that he'd never had a crush on anyone, because he did at some point or another, but now it just seemed irrelevant. Of course this was the time for people to get out and experiment with relationships, but he couldn't be bothered with as much.

Haven could understand that. He cared a lot for him mom too. She was the best person in the world. If anything happened to her, he'd feel forever broken. The young boy grabbed his tray and stood up. "It's good that you and your mom are close," he said with a smile. He then started for the tray drop off.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 am

Recha glanced at Felix when the guy laid his head down, but continued eating. It was only after a few minutes of silence and half his meal was finished that he spoke again. "Penny for your thoughts?" he asked with a light chuckle. What was Felix looking around at? He wondered what the guy was thinking about. He himself wasn't thinking about much in particular, just about what him and Felix might do for Homecoming. His mind wasn't really wandering to anything in specific. Maybe they could just sit and chat, or play cards or something. He just liked the guy's company.

"Are you and your mom close?" Kanda asked before starting out of the cafeteria after dumping his tray. People sometimes made fun of him for being so close to his mom, but he didn't mind. It's not like it was a bad thing to love your mom, after all.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:13 am

Blue eyes looked to Recha when the guy asked what he was thinking about. "Not much," he spoke. "Just wondering how they do it," he murmured a bit absently. "I'm not saying one has to save themselves for marriage or anything like that, but what's the point of giving yourself repeatedly to a person if all they want from you is a moment of intimacy, meaningless intimacy at that." He looked at the apple in front of him. "It'd be different if there was a relationship behind it...but...maybe that's just me." Maybe that was why he avoided it all. What was good looks and money if you didn't have the right personality to be compatible with the one you were trying to impress? "Sorry for getting all philosophical on you," he apologized. Recha probably thought him boring and strange. He should have just stuck with nothing and gone about his wondering.

Haven nodded. "Yes, we're very close, but I don't think we're as close as you and your mom," he said with a smile. "My grandma however was really, really close to me. She passed away a little while ago, but I...I try to think that she's still here," he said awkwardly, not wanting to say he wrote letters to his deceased grandmother.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:32 am

Recha tilted his head. "Do what exactly? Oh. Nevermind, gotcha." He gave a small shrug. "I have no idea. Some people are just excessively impulsive, I guess." He wasn't one of them, at least not in that way. Besides, he didn't even let people within three feet of him without feeling immensely uncomfortable, he could never live Mickey or Sorca's life. He blushed lightly when he said it'd be different if there was a relationship behind it and looked down to his food. "Nah, it's cool. I like philosophical stuff, so rant away," he said with a light chuckle.

"Oh." A pause. "Sorry for your loss." He wasn't. He'd just been taught to say that. Kanda didn't understand what everyone was 'sorry' for when they said that. It's not like it was their fault. Unless they killed the person, in which case, it was completely their fault. Then they should definitely be sorry. But considering he hadn't been the one to kill Haven's grandmother, there was really no reason for him to be sorry.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:40 am

Impulse. It was a risky thing. Sometimes he got the urge to skip classes and swim all day, but he knew better. He wasn't, as Recha put it, excessively impulsive. Felix didn't catch the blush. If he had, he wouldn't have know what to say about it. He remained with his head down, a small smile spreading over his lips when Recha told him it was okay to rant because he liked it. His blue gaze searched the red eyed male's before he tilted his head, his silver hair sliding into his eyes. "You're a rather peculiar person, or just a really good friend."

"She's in a better place now," he said positively. He tried really hard not to think about her being gone. She'd always been so nice and sweet. When they got back to the room he looked around to see if anyone was in there, but it seemed everyone was already gone, probably eating lunch. Haven sat down on his bed, wondering what to do or say. He could read over the handbook, but people might think him a nerd.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:49 am

Recha caught the way that Felix's eyes search him for...something. He wasn't sure what the guy was looking for exactly, but it made him feel pretty self conscious, so he ended up looking away. "Can't I be both?" he asked with a small chuckle. Honestly, he'd never started feeling embarrassed around Felix until him and Kim had been talking about him over summer vacation. Apparently, he'd been saying something about Felix and Kim thought it sounded like he admired the guy. Recha had shrugged and asked why he shouldn't, that Felix was a good guy. And then Kim mentioned that it sounded a bit more like he had a crush on Felix. And the more Recha thought on it, the more he started realizing that his damn brother had been right. He didn't like admitting it though, for fear that Felix might be weirded out. He knew that Felix didn't think badly of Kim for being gay, but it would probably be a little bit uncomfortable for Felix if Kim had had a crush on him.

Kanda only glanced at Haven curiously when he said that his grandmother was in a better place. He guessed..? He didn't know what to say to that. The concepts of heaven and hell were strange to him. Him and his mom had talked about it before, and it was clear that she believed in them, but Kanda didn't know what to make of it. Seemed weird that eighty years living a mean spirited life could result in an eternity of pain and misery. Didn't seem right to him. Once they got into their room, Kanda casually pulled out the handbook they'd been given and started reading after sitting on his bed. Might as well figure out what was considered right and wrong here. And, while he was at it, he could memorize the map of the school and figure out how it oriented itself with the rest of the city.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:58 am

He'd feel like an absolute copy cat if he got his handbook too, so instead he decided to write a letter to his mother about his first day. He could just call her, but they were probably still driving and he didn't want her to talk on the phone and drive. That was dangerous. He started on his letter, laying on his stomach and writing in neat handwriting so that she could read it without issue. He would put the gifts in the box later. He could read the handbook later when everyone was away or sleep.

"I suppose you could," he answered after a moment. Felix picked up his apple and took two bites. His gaze wandered over to Maddie and then to where the swim team was sitting. Roman caught his eyes and waved at him, causing Matt to look up and grin before he stuck his tongue out. Matt could be pretty childish, but it was all in fun and games. The silver haired male gave a nod in greeting. "Are you going to do the robotics club with Kim," he asked. He wondered if Recha would be completely opposed to the idea.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:06 am

Recha stuck to looking at his food at he ate, only looking around in time to catch some guy sticking his tongue out at Felix. Jeez, and he thought Kim could be a child. Oh well. He wasn't about to get involved with the swim team. Felix aside, they all seemed pretty...conceited, to him. Seriously, why couldn't they wait until they got to the actual pool to walk around with their shirts off? Psh. "Meh, I dunno. I mean, I can't avoid Kim all semester, considering we room together, but that doesn't mean I have to be involved in everything he does." A pause and then he gave a small sigh. "Still, would be nice to have an excuse to sit around and work on my watches without people questioning it. I know he calls it a robotics club, but only because it sounds cooler. It'll probably end up being general mechanics anyways. What do you think?" he asked, looking to Felix curiously.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:23 pm

"Why not request a room change then," he asked. "The counselors might let you change considering the circumstances. You two live together at home, you don't want the same at school." At least he wouldn't. He was an only child and he kind of liked it that way. It wasn't the thought of having to divide his parents attention, but rather that he was okay with how things were now. Mekko was practically a little sister to him. He gave a slight shrug when Recha went into the details about how the club would probably run. "I don't know. If you don't want to get strange looks, just work in the dorm or find a spot for just you." He had a spot like that. Last year he'd found his way onto the roof and now he used it to study and just get away from everyone. It was solitude.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:39 pm

"One word: Dantes." Recha frowned deeply at the mention of the mere name. "As annoying as it's gonna be sharing a room with Kim, at least I can keep an eye on him. I don't trust that bastard Dantes not to go near him. If he does anything, Kim's not going to fight back. He just won't." The red haired male looked off to the side. "Pain in the ass or not, he's still my brother. I don't want anything to happen to him." Recha only gave a small laugh when Felix said he didn't know. "You know, you're no help at all," he said, pointing his fork at the silver haired male. "I dunno. I'll think about it. Maybe once I figure out how hard the classes are gonna be this semester." He didn't want to be in a club if he was just going to end up spending all his time doing homework anyways.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Felix forgot about Dantes. He understood Recha's worries. The silver haired male ran a hand through his hair. "How about I keep an eye on him for you?" Felix didn't like Dantes either. The guy was a jerk and a bully and had it out for Kim. Multiple times over he'd wanted to punch the guy in the face, but Felix knew how to control his anger. He didn't want to get suspended over something stupid. He gave a small apologetic smile when Recha told him he wasn't any help. "Yeah, classes...." Felix was taking an AP class this year and Calculus wouldn't a walk in the park. "Maybe they won't be so bad."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 pm

"Thanks Felix, but I think I'll stay in our room. Better rooming with you two than some other sophomores that I don't know," Recha said with a light shrug. "I can put up with my bro if it means keeping him safe," he said with a light chuckle. As much as he hated to admit it, Kim was all he truly had left. Their aunt and uncle were fine and all, but they'd really only just met them after their parents had died. Sure, him and Kim had seen them at family gatherings, but they'd never really talked much. He didn't want anything to happen to Kim. His brother was all he had left, and if Dantes was gonna threaten that...Recha gave a light shrug. "Maybe. Hell, since we're in the same classes though, we can help each other out," he suggested with a smile. "Shouldn't be that hard if we're watching each other's backs," he joked lightly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Felix was glad that he was rooming with someone he knew as well. He had no issue making friends, but sometimes he just preferred the company he was familiar with. Last year the swim team had tried to talk the school into letting them room together, but it hadn't gone very far. Matt and Roman were good friends of his, so rooming with them would have been nice, but as it was, that wasn't happening. "Kim's lucky to have a brother like you," he said absently. Felix didn't see how Kim had kept from fighting all these years. It seemed like a risky idea that made him an easy target for people like Dantes, but he wasn't going to tell the guy how to live his life. Felix took another few bites of his apple. "Sounds good to me," he replied when his roommate suggested they study together. Felix usually had a pattern where he got up early to run and then got ready for class and during whatever free time he had, he'd study up on the roof, but a study buddy would do, especially since they were roommates. It was a good idea.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:26 am

Recha blushed brightly when Felix said Kim was lucky to have a brother like him. "Y-yeah, well someone has to watch out for him," he mumbled, looking off to the side in embarrassment. He gave a light sniff and a sidelong glance to Felix. "You doin anything today or did you just plan to get your things set up in the room?" he asked curiously. He didn't want to seem overly clingy or anything, but...spending time with Felix was nice. He wanted to go to the hardware store a couple blocks over and pick up a couple old clocks, or hell, maybe the pawn shop where things were cheaper, but he didn't want to go alone, because it would be boring. And kinda lonely. But at the same time, it might be better if Felix stayed in the room in case Dantes came back while Kim was still sleeping. Recha really didn't want Kim left alone with that guy.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:35 am

Felix put the apple back on the napkin. "I didn't have any plans until right before dinner when we meet for one last practice," he said with a shrug. "Other than that I was just going to hang out in the room, maybe read my book." It was getting good. Felix liked to read, it was relaxing and sort of took him away from all the business. When his dad flew him to Romania, he'd read the entire way. Not much else to do. His mom used to encourage him to do as much. While Felix didn't really care for school, it didn't mean he didn't take advantage. Being in AP English meant being around people that could read fluently instead of like a broken record. Not saying they weren't smart, he just preferred being on the same level as others. The silver haired male looked to Recha. "Why?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 am

As Felix spoke, Recha started thinking of waking Kim up and asking him if he wanted to go. Maybe his bro would need to pick up some parts too. "Oh, I was just planning on going to a few shops for some parts, was wondering if you wanted to tag along. I don't really feel like going alone, but if you don't wanna, I can just ask Kim. He might need to go too anyways," Recha said with a light wave.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Felix considered the offer for a moment. The book was good, but it could wait. No point in not going into town. Maybe he could stop at a few stores himself and get some things. He wasn't looking to outright blow money. While his family had funds, a lot of it was going towards a trust fund for him. Felix finished up his apple. "Sure, I'll go." The blue eyed male didn't mind. "I might get a book," he said off handedly. He wasn't a nerd or anything, he just liked reading.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 am

"Awesome. In that case, I wanna head back to the room to see if Kim wants to go too," Recha said with a light smile. He didn't want to leave his brother alone for too long. It was sad that he needed to worry about Kim constantly like this. People like Dantes needed to be kept under watch or, or something. Something so that he didn't constantly need to worry about Kim's safety. "You know, you really didn't strike me as the bookworm type when I first met you. Always thought that bookworms looked like..." He glanced over to the black haired girl on the other side of the cafeteria. "Like Izumito," he said with a light snicker. "You seemed more like that 'strong silent' type," he joked.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Felix nodded, wrapping the core of the apple into the napkin. He couldn't speak for Kim, but he was willing to bet the guy would want to go into town for a little while. It would be their last day to do so until the weekend. He looked up when Recha pointed out how he didn't fit the bookworm profile. "I wouldn't say I'm a bookworm," he replied. "I just, like a good book every now and then." He looked to Izumito. That girl spent more time in the library than anyone he knew. He'd seen her going in there on his way to the dorms. The joke about the strong and silent type made him give a small face, almost like he was embarrassed, but not quite there. "I'm hardly strong, but...I guess I fit into the silent category." Felix had a swimmers build and could handle his own no issue, but he wasn't built like a wrestler or football player, or anything heavy duty like that. He didn't think that build would work out for him and he had no interest in either sport.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Recha gave a small shrug. "I guess that's reasonable. I prefer the movies, honestly," Recha said with a light chuckle. He wondered if him and Felix could go to the movies sometime, just for the hell of it. But not a new movie. Too many people in a theater made it pretty crowded, and that just made him freak out. Especially when he had to sit so close to somebody that he was practically bumping elbows with them. The red haired male gave a light shiver at the thought. Red eyes shined lightly, however, when he saw the look on Felix's face. He liked poking fun at the guy just to see that expression. "Pft, you're probably stronger than me," Recha joked lightly, piling whatever trash there was onto his tray so he could throw it out. He always ate relatively fast. "Ready to get outta here?" he asked, giving a small glance around. If Felix wanted to chill and talk for a minute, he had no problems with that.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Felix didn't go to the movies much. When he was at home, he usually hung out at the house and worked on whatever assignments he'd been given for whatever AP Classes he was taking. If he wasn't doing that then he was usually swimming or helping at the local pool to teach kids how to swim and properly preform CPR. Felix wasn't a pacifist or anything like that, because he'd gotten in a few fights here and there, but he liked to help out where he could. Plus, he sort of had a soft spot for kids younger than himself, like his neighbor Mekko. "What kind of movies do you like," he asked, standing up when Recha asked if he was ready to head out. He disregarded the comment on which one of them were stronger. He didn't know. Recha was pretty skinny, but he wouldn't doubt the guy was able to throw a punch if need be. After all, he was like Kim's protector.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Recha stood up when Felix did, taking his tray to the trash to dump what was left of the contents before walking towards the exit of the cafeteria. "Horror movies, mostly. Or comedies, as I call them," Recha said with a small chuckle. Yet another way him and Kim were complete opposites. Kim hated scary movies. He was ridiculously superstitious and had an overactive imagination, so any scary movie he saw he just ended up over exaggerating how scary they really were. Recha liked to laugh at Kim when he did that. "What about you? What kind of movies do you like?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Felix trashed his apple and followed next to Recha, trailing a little bit behind him. He looked Recha over once when the guy said horror movies. How were he and Kim even related? Recha was right though, horror movies could be quite hilarious. He remembered the big hype over the Evil Dead and how people thought it was going to be horrifying. Yeah right, he'd never laughed harder in his life. "I don't go to the movies too often, unless it's with the swim team," he admitted. "I guess I like horror and action movies."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum