Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Day at Roulette High

2 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

First Day at Roulette High - Page 9 Empty Re: First Day at Roulette High

Post by The Godfather Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 pm

When Felix had first met Recha and Kim, he hadn't really pinned them for the trouble making type, but low and behold, here he was, listening to an insane idea that would soon be in the making. Felix just hoped that if things did go south, Kim didn't end up blowing himself up in the process. "Good luck," he said after a moment. "Try not to blow anything up, specifically on my side of the room," he joked lightly. Today was a good day to return to school. He was back with his friends, his team, and...well that was about it. Felix was a fairly simple guy with simple wants and needs. He tucked his hands into his pockets and glanced at Kim. "When are you going to start?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Kim chuckled at Felix's joke. "Thanks for the optimism and encouragement. I can tell it comes straight from your heart," Kim said cheesily. He grinned lightly when Recha started trying to hold his laughter back. "Not entirely sure. First I have to figure out the physics of it. I'll probably just end up doodling in a notebook until I get a design I like. I mean, the design stage can come later, of course, once I actually figure out how to make it work...so technically speaking, I'm going to start working on it immediately, but I won't be actually building anything for a while."

"You could have just said not for a while. Jeez, always gotta overcomplicate everything," Recha teased.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 am

Felix equally agreed with Recha. His brain didn't even close to function on the same level as the twins, so whenever one of them went off on a tangent about mechanics and things of the sort he sort of just nodded his head and tried to make sense of what was being said. "I look forward to seeing the end product. Maybe you can even showcase it in town if they have some competition. You'd win first prize and probably get offered a patent and a bucket of money." Felix admired the two for their talent. He looked to Kim for a moment. He still couldn't believe the transformation the other had gone through. He looked so different, like a whole new person. Felix turned his head away, they were coming up on the school. He wondered what the two of them were going to do after this, probably get engulfed in their work.Perhaps he'd go running for a little while and then hang out on the roof. He didn't mind solitude.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:12 pm

Recha nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you could totally win first prize with something like that. Hell, maybe you'll even get drafted by the military," he joked. He knew his brother had a bit of a fear of the military. He never really understood why, to be honest. He was wondering if it had something to do with his missing memories.

"That's not funny, Recha," Kim said with a light frown. His face had turned a bit pale at his brother's statement, and the look on Recha's face said that he felt at least a little bit sorry for the comment.

"Er...right. Well anyways, a patent doesn't sound all that bad," the red haired twin said, giving an embarrassed smile. His brother replied with a shrug, but Recha's attention had turned to Felix, who he'd noticed staring at Kim a couple different times today. The red haired twin looked off to the side, putting his free hand in his pocket. Maybe it was just the fact that Kim looked completely different from the last time Felix had seen him, but...Recha couldn't help that it got on his nerves. Of course he didn't expect Felix to stare at him like that, and it wasn't like Kim could help it, especially since Recha was the one who put him up to it in the first place. But still...it was kind of annoying.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Felix stopped at the gates to the school and stretched. They were still open, but thirty minutes before curfew they would close and anyone wandering outside would be in trouble. He looked to the twins. "Thanks for letting me tag along," he spoke. His attention was mainly directed at Recha since the guy had invited him to begin with. "I guess I'll catch you all later." It came out more of a statement, but he was open to being dragged off by the two of them once more. He looked up towards the school. He was really glad to be back. He gave a small smile before he turned away from the two of them and started towards the track field. He was dressed for going for a run, so no need to go to the room. "See ya," he said with a wave.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Recha honestly wasn't sure what he wanted to do once they got back to the school. He guessed he could work on his sketches, but he didn't want to sit inside the room all day, either. He supposed he could find somewhere outside to sit. It wasn't all that dark out, there was still light, so it wouldn't be too bad. Once they got to the school, he was about to tell his brother and Felix that he was gonna see them later, but then Felix started talking. Recha felt a light heat rise in his face when Felix thanked them for letting him tag along, even though it was obvious that Felix was talking to him. "Yeah, no problem," he said, trying to feign casualness. "See you later," he said with a light wave. Kim mirrored his statement and motion a couple seconds after.

"Come on, let's go drop the bags off in the room, lovestruck," Kim teased after Feilx was out of earshot, starting forward without waiting for Recha to blow up at him.

"I don't know what you mean, shut up Kim," Recha huffed.

"You don't know what I mean, but you're telling me to shut up? Gee, you must really hate me, huh bro?" Kim said with a mock frown, looking back at his brother with puppy dog eyes.

"Ew, stop that."

"Wow, now it's 'ew'? That's just cruel, bro."

"Stop calling me bro. You can drop the straight act for now if it means you'll stop calling me bro."

"But why bro? You're like, my bro, bro."

"Oh my god Kim!"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Ellie had been searching high and low for Kim, but she hadn't been able to find him. Eventually she started searching the grounds. He wouldn't escape her this time. It would be dinner time soon and they needed to get the word out about the mechanics club. She adjusted her skirt as she stormed outside and saw Felix heading towards the track. "Kuriyama! Where's your roommate," she called. Felix stopped and looked at her. "In the front by the gate." "Thanks!" She started at a run across the other side of the building and came up behind the twins. "There you are! You missed lunch!" She looked awfully cross.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:05 pm

"Oh my god I hate you, stop."

"But...yo, bro, it's cool, you don't gotta get twisted about it."

"Kim please, I'm begging you, stop."

"Nah bruh, I gotta act like a total guy until like, the end of the week, yo."

"Oh my fuck will you sto- AGH!" Recha jumped away from Ellie when he suddenly heard her come up behind them, unnervingly close. He'd even ended up dropping his bag in the process of moving away, and had his hand on his chest, his breathing suddenly a bit panicked. "Can you not do that?!" Recha growled. "Oh my god," he muttered under his breath.

Kim's grin immediately faded and he looked between Recha and Ellie. "Um, sorry, I fell asleep. Recha, are you-"

"I'm fine." The red haired twin straightened up, taking a deep, shaky breath. He ran a hand through his hair and turned around, pacing a few steps forward before coming back toward Ellie and Kim. He hadn't even heard Ellie coming. He'd been too distracted by Kim's stupid antics. Twice in one day. He should have been used to spiraling into panic attacks by now, but he wasn't. As it was, his heart was still racing and he couldn't really calm down. His hand fidgeted and he bent down to pick up his bag. "Just...pretend I'm not here or something," he muttered, looking off to the side as he once more straightened up.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Ellie blinked when Recha snapped at her. She looked a bit surprised. "Sorry...." She didn't know that Recha was so skittish. When he said to ignore his presence she nodded lightly, remaining silent for a long time before she. She was quiet for a long time before she finally spoke. "Well, Kim, I think you should go us all a favor and show up to dinner and I'm going to make sure of it by sticking by you like glue for the rest of the evening. Everyone will be there to hear the announcement, so you need to have something prepared. I'll even help you write it." She was giving Recha side glances, wondering if he was going to continue to be mad at her. She lightly scuffed the ground with the heel of her foot. What was his deal anyway? Had someone upset him?
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Oh great, now he felt like an ass. He'd just yelled at a girl. That was beyond perfect. Just what he needed for the first day back was to yell at a chick. And the student body president at that. While calming down, he nearly laughed when Ellie said she was going to be sticking to Kim like glue. "Yeah, you have fun with that," he said simply, taking Kim's bag out of his hand. "I'll drop these off at the room," he said, walking away from the two without so much as a goodbye. He had to get somewhere quiet, where there weren't any people.

Kim watched Recha walk away with a small frown before turning to Ellie. "Don't mind him. He doesn't like when people get too close to him." A pause. "Please don't tell anybody that. And...do I really have to make a speech? Can't you just tell them that the club is a thing? I'm not good at public speaking, Ellie." He sucked at it, actually.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Ellie looked relieved when Recha actually spoke. However, when he ditched them, without a goodbye she too frowned. Her blue eyes turned to Kim as he told her that Recha didn't like people getting close.She immediately chalked him up to being a germaphobe. "I promise," she said absently. She then shrugged. "I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to talk for you," she said with an exaggerated sigh, but that twinkle in her eyes said she was thrilled. "So, do you have a spot in mind for the first meeting? Will there be snacks? Icebreakers? Games?" She pulled a mini notebook from her shirt pocket along with a pen. "Ready."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 am

To be honest, Kim hadn't expected Ellie to be okay with him not making a speech. He would have thought she would have told him to get used to it because public speaking was a thing everyone had to do at one point or another. Then again...Ellie loved to talk, so he guessed it made sense. "Yeah, probably just the technology room, honestly. I mean, get everyone acquainted with the space we'll be occupying," he said with a shrug, starting forward at a walk. He couldn't work on his idea with Ellie breathing over his shoulder, so he was probably just gonna go get a soda or something and hope Ellie wouldn't talk the idea out of his brain. "Er...I hadn't...really thought of snacks or...games or anything like that," Kim said, rubbing the back of his neck with a small frown. "I've never really made a club or anything. I guess...I could grab a couple movies and put one on the projector and have snacks and stuff." Sci-fi movies would definitely be on the list. The library had movies, right? If not, he could borrow some from his aunt. She wouldn't mind if he told her what it was for.

Recha put the bags down in the room on top of his bed. Kim could grab his stuff later. He didn't want to put anything on Kim's bed and risk Dantes messing with it. The red haired male grabbed his notebook, pencil, and headphones and headed out of the room. He made his way over to the bleachers outside of school where the track field was. He didn't bother paying attention to whether or not anyone was actually on the field. He didn't really care, honestly. He just sat down on one of the seats higher up on the bleachers and put his headphones on, plugging them into his phone and putting on a playlist before he opened his notebook and started sketching. It was times like these where he didn't really take stock of his surroundings. There was very little chance of anyone bothering him when he was sitting alone on the bleachers like this, anyways. He was fine up here.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:00 am

Ellie shook her head. "Oh dear, you aren't even prepared!? What have you been doing all this time? You should have told me!" She sighed heavily. "Here, I'm giving you my number,"she spoke after a moment. She wrote it on a piece of paper and handed it to him. "I'm going to go see...no, we're going to go see if the culinary club will be cool with whipping something up for the first meeting. I think they have the same president as last year....hmm... Oh! Speaking of, when will the first meeting be? Kim you have to think like a businessman with this kind of stuff. You want to draw the people in. Robotics is already a cool topic and now a club! You have to make this big!" She gave an exaggerated wave of her arms.

Felix had already started running around the track. He'd done his stretches to warm up and then started off at a moderate jog. He wasn't a track star, far from it, so he wasn't going to run like wind. He eventually picked up his pace, but remained pacing himself out. No need to over do it. After a while he paused and took off his shirt. He was wearing under armour beneath his initial shirt. It was black fitted shirt with no sleeves and Kuriyama on the back. He wished he'd had shorts instead of jogging pants on, but that was okay. He started back off at a job again, unaware that Recha was up on the bleachers until he'd done a few more laps and stopped to catch his breath. His silver hair was mattered with sweat, and his arms were lightly covered in it. He blinked when he saw his roommate with his notebook and smiled lightly. He looked as though he were really into what he was doing. Felix didn't want to interrupt him, but payback sounded pretty sweet right now. He grabbed his overshirt and started over towards the red haired male. He climbed the bleachers as quietly as possible before sitting within Recha's line of sight five bleachers down. He didn't want to invade the guy's space or freak him out too badly. He tilted his head to the side and smirked lightly. "Having fun?" His blue eyes shined lightly with amusement.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:03 am

"Sleeping, Ellie. I was sleeping," Kim said simply, when Ellie asked what he'd been doing all this time. He gave a small sigh. "I told you I'd never started a club before. Hell, I've never even joined one. I don't really know what I'm doing, it was just a stupid idea I had spur of the moment," he told the shorter female. He took her number when she gave it to him and put it in his pocket. He cringed a bit when she told him that they were going to go see the president of the culinary club. Great, he was going to get dragged around everywhere with her now. "Ellie...I'm not a businessman, I'm an inventor," he told her with a small frown. He wasn't good at all this social stuff like she was. "Will you calm down for a second?" he said, putting a hand on his head. She was starting to give him a headache.

Every now and again, Recha would tap out a beat on his notebook with his pencil that was in tune with the song he was listening to. Another trait that he didn't share with his brother was rhythm. He couldn't hold a beat on his own if he tried, but listening to music while tapping out a beat helped. Just as the song ended, Recha heard someone speak and jumped, his gaze shooting up from his notebook. He immediately pulled off his headphones and blushed brightly. "H-how long have you been sitting there?" he asked immediately. Then he realized something else about Felix. He was sweating, and his hair was matted to his head. Had he been running on the track? Damn it...he looks so fucking good... That thought alone made Recha's blush brighten by a shade. Shit, not only was his heart pounding from being scared like that, but now he had to go and see Felix in that sort of way? God, how much of a pervert could he be?
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:17 pm

"An inventor should be a businessman. Don't you want the world to know of your greatness?" She looked a bit confused. Why wasn't he excited about this opportunity? When told to calm down she stopped, hands on her hips. "I am calm. I'm only trying to help out,"she said. Looked as though she were getting on both brother's bad side. She sighed. "You know what, it'll be faster if I just do this by myself. I'll just swing by and get you for dinner,"she said with a small nod. "Try not to fall asleep again,"she said, keeping up get perky attitude before going down the opposite hall.She needed to make a few phone calls. "See you tonight,"she called over her shoulder.

Felix smiled. "Not long. I was running when I saw you. Figured I'd drop in and say hello." He watched Recha blushed and gingerly scratched his cheek with his pointer finger. "I'll leave you to your work now." He didn't want to take up too much of the guy's time. They'd been around each other all day, so Recha probably wanted some space. Besides, he had his headphones in so he was probably busy.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:52 am

"I'll have PR people for that. Or was it HR..?" Kim shrugged. "Either way, I'll have someone else publicizing my work for me. Recha's a lot better with that kind of thing, now that I think about it," he said thoughtfully. "Maybe I'll ask him to help me organize everything. He was thinking about joining the club too." The blue haired male tilted his head when Ellie said it'd be faster for her to get this done by herself. "Hm. Alright," he said, giving a shrug. "I'll try not to. See ya later," he said with a light wave before heading towards his dorm room. Kim rubbed at his eyes. He missed his glasses. It was a wonder he hadn't run into anything yet. He didn't need his glasses to actually see, but he had a serious problem with depth perception. It was the reason he'd stuck to Recha most of the day, so he could judge where he was in regards to everything else. Now he had to trail his hand along the hallway walls as he walked, just to make sure he didn't accidentally run into a wall. How had Recha talked him into this?

"You were running down there..? I didn't even notice," Recha said with a small frown. "I really need to work on taking inventory of my surroundings," he mused in light annoyance. "Uh, you don't have to...er, go, I mean. I'm just sketching. Not much else for me to do until classes start, honestly," Recha said with a small smile. God he was such a dork. He really had to keep that in check. Felix would probably end up choosing to hang out with his swim team over him and Kim if he wasn't careful.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:31 pm

Ivaline looked at the map in her hand. She'd found it in her folder, but she still couldn't find the music room. She bit her lip in annoyance. The little girl with mixed match eyes was dressed in an oversized black shirt with skulls on the front and wings on the back, topped off with red leggings and black combat boots. She balled up the paper and tossed it over her shoulder. What a waste. The red head looked up as she say a guy coming down the hall. She chewed her lip lightly and then stalked over to him. "Hey, do you know where the music room is?" She doubted it. This guy looked like one of the prep kids. She should have found some geeky looking band kid, but there was no way she was walking all over this school in search of one room. If that was the case she'd jam out in her room and say screw it to her roommates.

Silver hair swayed as he nodded. "Mmhm. I figured I might as well do something besides sit around all day." He could have gone swimming, but they were practicing tomorrow, so it was fine. Blue eyes remained warm as Recha complained about his lack of awareness. "You were very much into that sketch,"he teased. "Mind if I come up there and take a look," he asked. He needed to shower before dinner. He wandered what they were having. Sometimes the food here could be really bland.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Kim looked down to the small girl who approached him. She wanted him to show her where the music room was? Ugh...suddenly Kim found himself a bit nervous. He didn't like walking around without his glasses, and now a freshman was asking him to show her around? He could say no, but she was asking about the music room... "Yeah. Here, I'll show ya," he offered kindly, giving a small smile as he waved her along. He trailed his hand along the wall every now and again as he walked. Not that that would actually help him see how far in front of him things were. Actually, his new room wasn't too far from the music room. That was pretty awesome. Once they walked in, the music teacher gave him a strange look before his face lit up. "Kim Babo, ey! What did you do to yourself kid, I didn't even recognize you!" he laughed. The music teacher, Mr. Bleakley, was a bit of a heavy set man, and had a jolly personality when it came to almost every subject. Kim wouldn't doubt the guy played Santa Claus at malls during the holiday season just to make the kids smile. "Eheh, I'll explain some other time," Kim said with a light chuckle. Mr. Bleakley only shrugged. "Fair enough. You're here a bit early this semester, aren'tcha?" Kim tilted his head. "Huh? Oh. Ohh, no, heh, this girl wanted to know where the music room was," Kim said with a smile, motioning to Ivaline.

"Well at least you're doing something to stay in shape instead of sitting around drawing all day," Recha snickered. So he made fun of himself. It was a thing he did sometimes, no biggie. "Maybe I'll take up jogging with you instead of doing nothing all day," he chuckled. Jogging with Felix? What could have made him say that? It's not that he didn't think he could keep up, since he was in much better shape than his brother, but...he would probably keep getting distracted. "Uh, yeah, sure," Recha said lightly. Annnd now he was nervous. How close would Felix be getting to him? It would have to be close enough to see the actual sketch. Or he could just hand the little notebook to Felix. "Come on up," he invited casually. His voice shook slightly, so it wasn't like he'd completely succeeded in masking his nervousness. On the paper there were random designs, one of which looked like it could have been from the Victorian era. The other one looked very Steampunk, and there was another one that was just...looked like a bunch of tear drop shapes that were supposed to be crystalline. Recha wasn't all that good at drawing crystals, so in the margins he wrote 'gems', and then an arrow pointing to each teardrop, indicating a different color for each one. Most of them were a cool color, like blue, or teal.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Ivaline looked over the teacher, or so she was assuming to be the teacher. She could only see the Santa Claus her mom and dad used to take her to see at the malls before she'd squashed that ridiculous theory that the fat man was real. When Kim continued to address her as 'this girl' Ivaline crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot on the ground. "My name is Ivaline," she corrected after that last time. She eyed him suspiciously. The teacher seemed to think this guy belonged in this class. She thought differently. "And what could you possibly know about music," she asked.

"If I knew how to draw I'd rather do that instead," he admitted. "Besides, you don't need to stay in shape, you're skinny as it is. I have to work at it." Not really. Felix had always been on the more fit side of life, but that was probably because he'd always been active as a child. From soccer to baseball to swimming, he just couldn't stay still. He stood up after Recha gave him permission. He stopped at the bleachers below Recha and reached out for the drawing, examining it. He'd heard the shaking in his voice. He wasn't going to get to close or stay around much longer. Dinner was drawing near and he needed to shower ahead of time. He handed the drawing back. "Looks good. You making another watch," he asked. He turned and started back down to where he'd been. "Maybe I'll take you up on that jog offer," he paused. "If you can keep up." He flashed Recha a smile that reached his icy blue eyes.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed May 11, 2016 1:26 am

"Oh, sorry. Ivaline," Kim corrected, looking around the room. He wondered what she played. Brown eyes blinked and turned to the shorter girl when she asked what he could possibly know about music. Mr. Bleakley beat him to it, giving a snort before a downright laugh. "There ain't much this guy doesn't know about music! He's onn'a my best, if you're askin!"

Kim blushed lightly. "Mr. Bleakley, please don't exaggerate my skills like that...I'm not that good," he muttered, looking off to the side and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well ya would be if ya put all those gears down and practiced once in a while," the bald man chuckled. "Now sweetheart, what instrument do you play?" he asked the freshman.

"You would?" Recha asked curiously. "You seem like the type who'd always be running around even if you had a different hobby," he snickered lightly. "I'm not talking about staying skinny. Skinny and in shape are two completely different things. I can be skinny and weak as a twig, or not able to run a half a mile," he said with a light shrug. A half a mile to him was nothing, actually, and he could lift almost as much as he weighed. Which...all things considered, wasn't a whole lot. Recha handed him the drawing when Felix came close enough to take it. He seemed relieved that his silver haired friend hadn't come too close to him. "Yeah. I'm just trying to come up with appealing designs at this point, honestly. I was thinking...what if I just put glass over the gears and let the gears themselves be the design? I mean, there'd be numbers on the watch along with the hands and what not, but...like, right in the middle of the watch, you could just see all the gears working. And same with the back, you know? Just a glass backing. Obviously it would have to be sturdy glass or...plastic, maybe?" he said curiously, jotting that down in the notepad once Felix handed it back. He paused though and looked at Felix when the guy said 'if you can keep up'. "Oh please, I should be saying that to you," he snickered. Then there was a pause. "Er. Don't take that as a challenge. Please. You could probably run circles around me," he chuckled with a light embarrassment on his face.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed May 11, 2016 4:35 am

Her mouth dropped in disbelief. This preppy know it all, goodie two shoes knew about music?! And the fat man called him the best?! She shook her head, red hair swaying. "Show me," she said with a suspicious glare. Her mixed match eyes turned to the teacher when questioned about her choice of instrument. "Drums." She could play snare, tenor, just about anything accept the base drum. Her frame was much to small for such heavy equipment.

Felix smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "You're right, I probably would." Running helped with a lot of things. It kept him in shape for surfing and swimming and was a great stress reliever. "I've never seen a watch with the gears visible. It would be pretty cool to see how it functions." He said nothing in regards to the glass and plastic part since Recha was scribbling fiercely. He took a seat. "I don't know about running circles around you, but if you ever come swimming with me,that'll be a different story." He leaned against his knees.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Wed May 11, 2016 5:01 am

"What's the look for?" Kim asked, blinking. Was it because of the way he looked? Come on, he couldn't look that bad. "Um...sure. Why...not," he muttered, looking around. "Hey Mr. Bleakley, where's the keyboard?"

"Haven't set it back up yet. Your guitar is still in the back closet though, and the amp issss..." He looked around. "Ah, there it is," he said, pointing to it.

"It's not technically my guitar, but thanks," he said casually, going to pull the guitar out of the closet. It was an electric blue guitar with a white lightning bolt coming across the front of it. He took it over to the amp and plugged both the amp and the guitar in before sitting down on a stool next to the amp. Before turning the amp on, he started tuning the guitar.

"The drums are actually set up, Ivaline," the teacher said. "Feel free to use them whenever," he told her. "Just try not to lose the drumsticks," he chuckled.

"Alright," Kim said lightly, turning the amp on. He strummed the guitar casually once with an electric green pick. He played a couple chords before starting into a mellow tune. He was feeling pretty mellow right now, and he happened to like how this song sounded. His eyes were barely even focused on the strings as he played. He'd done this song so many times that he didn't even need to look. He knew where his fingers were and where they were supposed to glide to next. On the other side of the room, Mr. Bleakley was standing with his arms crossed leaning against the wall and listening. He needed to be cleaning, but he didn't want to make noise to interrupt Kim's playing.

Recha chuckled when Felix said he was right. "Oh I know. You're a bit predictable," he said with a small wave of his hand. "I'll probably make a prototype of it then," Recha said, nodding lightly. "I mean...I think that's an interesting design anyways. Maybe other people'll be into it?" Who knew. "Oh, I'm 100% sure you could swim circles around me. I can't swim to save my life. I'm slower than a dog in the water. That's no joke. No one ever taught me how to swim, they just kinda threw me in the water one day and went 'let's see how he does'," he joked, laughing lightly.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed May 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Ivaline turned her head with a huff. "I refuse to believe someone like you knows anything about music." She crossed her arms over her chest. "The way you dress, you probably take pleasure in classical bs." She stared him down as he went to the guitar. She had no problem mean mugging people despite her height. When the teacher told her the drums were ready to be played she relaxed a bit. "I have my own drumsticks," she replied with a hint of pride. They were signed by her favorite band. As Kim started playing, she stood there with her mouth open. He was actually good. Ivaline looked to the teacher then to Kim. "No way...." So his style sucked, she wasn't into mellow music. She preferred something that was hardcore and energetic, but she saw his skill and...well, she couldn't deny him praise. Talent recognized talent.

Roman had just gotten out of the shower. It was almost dinner time and he was planning on getting a head start, because the cafeteria would be full within moments of it opening. He'd cut his hair over the summer, but it was still black and spiky in the back and his bangs were still white, courtesy of a birthmark. He had his bookbag on his shoulder and a hand in his pocket. He was going past the music room when he heard a guitar playing. He stopped in the doorway, his sky blue eyes searching the room for the source. They always said not to judge a book by it's cover, and this guy was the poster child for the saying. He couldn't help but smile. The music was really mellow and soothing. He leaned against the doorway as quietly as he could. He didn't want to interrupt or anything.

Felix tilted his head a bit. He was predictable? "Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?" He nodded when Recha spoke of making a prototype for the watch. It was always interesting to see the gears turn as the twins came up with elaborate designs. "I think you should go for it." He drew his knee up to his chest. He opened his mouth to say something when Recha informed him of his swimming abilities. He closed his mouth and looked off to the side. He was going to tell Recha he'd swim with him to help build his skills, but that would require getting close and Recha didn't do close. Oh well. He wasn't actively seeking ways to hang out with the guy either. He'd already invited him to the surfing competition, but now that he thought about it, that would be a bad idea. The crowds would be wild. Felix was personally excited, but he didn't want to make Recha uncomfortable. He'd just thought it'd be nice to have a friend along. Maybe he could have someone else tag along. Maddie would probably love it, but he didn't want to get her hopes up. It really couldn't be helped that he couldn't think of anyone else. Kim was a possibility, but it'd be wrong to take Kim and not Recha, especially when he'd asked Recha first.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Thu May 12, 2016 4:46 am

Kim finished playing and looked to the younger girl with the mix colored eyes. "Satisfied?" he asked with a smile. Normally his smile would have looked goofy and maybe a little bit mocking, but dressed as he was, it almost looked charming. "And what do you mean, someone like me? Haven't you have heard not to judge a book by its cover?" he asked with a small chuckle, turning to look at the doorway when he saw a light movement. He caught the eye of the guy standing in the doorway without meaning to, but gave him a small smile nonetheless. The guy was kinda cute, actually.

"It depends on the situation, I guess," Recha chuckled. When Felix said that he thought he should go for it, he gave a small smirk. "I think I should too. Never gonna know until I try, right?" Well...at least Felix believed in him. That was more than enough motivation for him to keep going. Kim had always had his doubts, and even though the teachers here tried to be encouraging (his aunt and uncle too), he could always tell when they weren't being sincere. And it was mostly when it came to him making things. "You're goin to dinner later, right? I kinda want to see what kind of grand speech Ellie has Kim make," he snickered mischievously. He knew his brother could talk someone's ear off given the opportunity, but he'd always been nervous about public speaking. It wasn't exactly a strong suit of his. To be fair, it wasn't a strong suit of Recha's, either.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Thu May 12, 2016 9:29 am

Ivaline felt heat creeping up her cheeks and she turned her head to the sidewhen Kim asked if she was satisfied. Stupid charming smile. Stupid musically talented preppy. "Yeah," she said after a moment. "You're really good." She offered a small smile, almost like an unspoken truce and then gave a dismissive wave. "Must guys that dress like you come from money, lots of money and they like to flaunt it. They spend more time with girls wrapped around their fingers instead of finding a passion in music," she said, taking a seat at the drums. "Or maybe it's just like that in my old city and school." She shrugged and started to test the drums before playing. She clearly was done with conversation.

Roman stayed and listened until it was over. He would have clapped, but that would have been a bit weird, besides, the guy seemed to notice him. Roman nodded in acknowledgement, pulling away from the door and continuing down the hall towards the cafeteria.

Was he going to dinner? He wasn't particularly hungry, but he'd bet if he didn't eat, later that night he'd be up from hunger pains. "Yeah, I'm going." He smirked at the mention of Kim and Ellie. "She's going to be the President of some big company one day." He looked amused with the thought. "Poor Kim though, she's probably got a six page speech for him." Ellie was hyper and loved to talk more than your average girl, but people loved her. She made sure everyone was okay, especially the freshman. She'd even started a buddy system last year to help freshman make friends with upperclassmen. It was a buddy system, and a support system. Her theory had been, if you had an older kid watching your back, less trouble for you. Felix didn't know the statistics, but he'd overheard teachers saying the bullying rate had gone down. That was always a plus.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum