Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Glass

2 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Broken Glass - Page 6 Empty Re: Broken Glass

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Kymin wanted to say there was plenty of point in being sorry, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to explain what he meant, so he didn't say anything. A small smile crossed over his face when Felix wrapped his arm around him. He listened quietly as Felix explained about Serenity. He really did feel bad about having said that about her and Felix now. He stopped walking to look at Felix when the silver haired male stopped. Kymin answered him almost immediately after they started walking again. "Find a way to destroy her soul. There has to be a reason she's sticking around," he said. Destroying souls wasn't easy, he knew. You could destroy a soul's vessel, but that didn't mean the soul would be gone. Just...wandering. It took something like Batsu to destroy souls. It was a terrible business to get into.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Felix blinked a bit startled. He hadn't expected an answer. "Kymin....I don't...I don't think it's that simple. I'm not sure what will happen to me once she's gone. Me...or Kana." Felix knew he had to be honest, because he was so tired of lying. It was a wasted effort since it would all come to an end soon enough. Felix's blue eyes were no longer bright, they were still dull and they were growing darker. "If I save Serenity, will you save Kana?" He had turned to face Kymin. "She's infected with Madness and I don't want her to have to go through what I went through. You saw how I was Kymin. Kana's temper is shorter than mine and Madness will feed off of it until there's nothing left." He looked down at the ground. "So...if she makes it out and I don't, will you save her soul? I know I have no right to ask that of you, but....you and her...you can save her...because she cares for you...and when I couldn't get myself out, Serenity could. So...be her light if the time comes."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Kymin shook his head lightly. "I know it's not that simple. Never is." He glanced to Felix once he said he didn't know what would happen to him or Kana, then fell silent, his gaze falling. Kana. He felt like they'd been ignoring her existence lately, and he didn't like it. He looked at the silver haired ninja when they'd stopped walking because he'd noticed Felix had turned to look at him as well. He was silent for the whole while Felix spoke, but his gaze fell. God damn this whole thing, and god damn Kyla most of all. Felix said if he didn't make it out. Did he expect not to? Was he planning to fade as soon as he got the chance? A look of sadness crossed over his face. "Please Felix, don't...don't...talk like that...I know eventually we're going to have to, but...not now..." he asked quietly. "I..." Kymin swallowed. He couldn't bear the thought of losing Kana and Felix. It was way too much. He couldn't even handle the fact that Felix had nearly faded last night, letalone the thought that Kana might be taken by Madness as well. "When we get back to the house...just...we'll talk about it then."
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Felix felt like a terrible person for putting his fiance through this. They had agreed to talk when they got home, so he made no protests when Kymin asked if they could wait. He had no been planning on telling Kymin about helping Kana, but that was on his list as well. Since it was out there, they could start thinking of a plan. Felix started towards the orphanage again. His biggest concern was Mori or Lain coming up and asking questions, that or Christian coming up and asking could he stay the night. "I want to stay outside when we get there."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Kymin was glad that Felix didn't protest to his request. He wasn't sure he'd be ready to talk about something like that even when they got home. Felix and Kana were all he had. And leaving Kana had never sat well with him. But he still hadn't figured out a way to explain what was going on between him and Felix to her, after all they'd been through together. Kymin walked next to Felix silently with these thoughts running through his head. When his fiance spoke, the black haired male nodded. "Alright angel, that's fine. I'm just gonna tell them you're not feeling so well, okay?" Was it just him, or was it getting a bit misty out? It was still morning, but he was sure it was. Maybe it was just because of how humid it was. Kymin was actually hoping some souls would float through. He'd been wanting to show Felix what soulmist was for a while now, and, at least in Kymin's opinion, it looked even more brilliant in the morning.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 9:31 pm

(That would cheer him up.)

Felix nodded. "At least it's not a complete lie," he said. He really did feel bad, and he wasn't talking emotionally. Every since that little near death experience he had been feeling excruciatingly weak, but he didn't want to worry Kymin about it. Maybe he just needed some more time to recover. When they got to the orphanage he took a seat on the bench outside the gate and sat back so he could look up at the sky, but it didn't last too long, for his eyes slid closed a moment later. "I've wait out here." He glanced at Kymin. "Don't take too long."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm

(Then soulmist it is)

Kymin nodded when Felix told him not to take to long, kissing his lover once on the forehead before starting inside the orphanage. "Hey Mori," he said, giving the neko a light wave. "I can't really stay long. Felix is waiting for me outside, and he's still not feeling too hot. He's pretty tired, so I wanna get him back home asap. Was Vishnu good for you guys?" he asked with a small smile.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Mori was starring at a piece of paper, his face twisted in confusion. He swore that every potential parent that came through those doors were not in the least bit capable of showing good penmanship. Why did he have to play Sherlock Holmes just so they could adopt. He was almost relieved to hear the small chime as Kymin came through the door. "Hey!" His smile faded when the green eyed male said that Fe still wasn't feeling any better. "Have you guys been to the doctor to find out what's wrong with him?" He then looked around for Vishnu. "He was great, just been playing with the kids."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Kymin couldn't help but smile at Mori's excitement. "He's been the the doctor already, they don't know what it is either," he said lightly. "He's feeling better than before, at least," he smiled. "Now he's just tired. Seems the only treatment for it is to get him to lie still and rest for a bit," he chuckled. "That's a bit challenging in itself." Kymin gave a small whistle to call Vishnu. "I'm glad he was behaving himself. Energetic little thing that he is, I half expected him to rampage in the kitchen," he said with a light grin before he walked up to the desk, looking at the paperwork on it while he waited for the puppy to come scampering, whenever that would be. "Whatcha workin on?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Mori was worried about the doctors not knowing either. He looked at Kymin, his ears flicking underneath his hat. "Glad he's feeling better." He smiled. "You tell him to get some rest and stop being a stubborn ass." He shook his head and looked down at that godawful paperwork. "Hopefully getting someone adopted....if I could read this chicken scratch handwriting." He gave a yawn. "Every single potential has terrible handwriting. I think they're all doctors." He grinned and then raised a brow. "You expected Vishnu to tear up the kitchen...and you left him here with me?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Kymin smiled and nodded when Mori told him to tell Felix to stop being a stubborn ass, trying not to laugh. "Sure thing." He looked down to the paper work as the neko explained what it was, grinning. "I guess then that's a good thing, ain't it? Not for you, of course," he chuckled, patting the neko on the head a couple times. Sometimes he forgot Mori was older than he looked. Kymin was glad Vishnu came running over at Mori's last question. He picked up the half wolf with a mischievous grin towards Mori. "Well, couldn't very well have him romping around at home with Felix sick, now could we? See ya later, and tell your girlfriend I said hey," he grinned before he turned to walk out. He would've given Mori a wave if he wasn't afraid of hurting his arm. Actually...Kymin put the pup back down, since he seemed so eager and gave Mori a wave. "No really though, see ya later Mori," he chuckled, walking out with Vishnu right behind him. Walking over to Felix, he put a hand gently on the guy's shoulder. "You good?" he asked with a small smile.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Mori smiled. "If they have doctors for parents I'm happy, but the least they could do is learn to write." He raised a brow when Vishnu came in and saved Kymin from having to answer, but that green eyed fellow was going to do just that. He rolled his eyes when Kymin patted his head. He was not a child, or maybe Kymin was just trying to touch his ears. "And I will tell Lain hello for you." He no longer blushed when someone said the female neko was his girlfriend, unless she was around to hear it that was. "Bye, see you all later," he called with a wave.

Felix had tried to get a bit of sleep while Kymin was away. His eyes opened and wandered up to Kymin's face when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "I'm fine," he answered as he slowly got up. He looked down at Vishnu. "Hey boy."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Kymin smiled when he saw Felix open his eyes and look up to him. When the silver haired male stood up, Kymin wrapped his arm around Felix's waist and glanced down to the puppy, who was clearly happy to see them both. Felix especially, it seemed, for Vishnu was trotting close to the silver haired human's side. "Ready to go home?" Kymin asked, giving a glance around. The mist was getting a bit thicker, but not so thick that you couldn't see through it. Kymin found this to be very familiar. He was starting to wonder about this.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun May 05, 2013 11:13 pm

He's always smiling, Felix thought to himself as he leaned against Kymin once the other male had wrapped an arm around him. Always so happy go lucky, even when things go wrong. I wish I could be more like him. I wish I could see the good in everything, to smile even when life is insistent on knocking you down. If I ever called him a coward, I couldn't be any more wrong. This man, he's the bravest man I've ever met. He nodded when Kymin asked him if he was ready to go home. Oh how I envy you. Those blue orbs blinked as he felt the mists against his face. "Is it raining," he asked. He'd been watching Vishnu walk alongside him, so he wasn't sure if it was beginning to rain again.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Kymin walked with his eyes scanning the mist, listening even though the thing he was searching for couldn't be heard. He blinked and turned his gaze to Felix when the other male spoke. "Huh? Ah, no, it's just a bit misty," he assured. As they got closer to the house, Kymin began becoming a bit disheartened, thinking he would see nothing before they arrived. But just as they turned the corner onto their street, Kymin stopped walking and a wide smile crossed his face. "Felix, stop a minute. I gotta show you something," he said in an almost giddy tone of voice. Unwrapping his arm from around his lover, it was only then that he realized what a daunting task a jutsu would be with his arm the way it was. God damn it for being a lengthy jutsu. Oh well, he could deal with the pain if only to see the look on Felix's face. Kymin tried to keep a straight face when he performed the jutsu, but ended up flinching just once before he put his hand on Felix's head, whispering with a smile before he kissed him. "You're gonna like this one." He held the kiss just long enough for Felix's sight to return before pulling away and lightly licking his lips. "Look down the street," he instructed, glad it was still there. In the mist, there was a magenta glow, emanating from a single point, and a little further down there was a turquoise glow, lighting up the mist even though it was morning. About halfway between the two souls the colors mingled and mixed. They moved around as if unaware of each other, but they moved slowly and calmly, never going too far from one spot or too close to the other.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon May 06, 2013 12:09 am

The silver haired shinobi blinked in confusion when Kymin told him to stop. He forced his brain to register what could have been the cause for this sudden halt in movement. He looked around, they were close to being at the house, was there something wrong? The tone Kymin took with him said no, and then the guy said he had to show him something. "Can we not do this in the rain," he asked. Clearly he hadn't heard Kymin tell him this was mist not rain. Oh well, he'd figured it out eventually. Felix blinked when Kymin suddenly used the jutsu on him. The kiss was yet again unnecessary and once his vision had returned he looked a bit confused. Taking a glance past Kymin so he could see whatever it was that had the green eyed male excited. Felix blinked when he saw the lights. "W-what is it?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon May 06, 2013 12:17 am

Kymin smiled when Felix asked what the lights were. "They're souls," he replied with a smile. "Once in a while I'll see souls floating around, so it's no big deal, but when they're in the mist, their colors sort of...disperse. Usually there's only one or two floating around when I catch them, like this. I know it's pretty unoriginal, but whenever I see it, I call it soulmist," he said, wrapping his arm around Felix's waist again. The center of the magenta light started bobbing up and down, as if it were bouncing lightly on the air, causing its light to disperse a bit more. "I'm not sure why dance like that. As far as I know, they're mostly unaware of their surroundings." He glanced at his silver haired lover. "Wanna get closer to'em? If you're brave enough you can try to touch them. Usually your hand'll go right through though. Most of the time nothing happens. Sometimes you'll catch a memory or two, but that's rare." He smiled and waited for his lover's answer, rubbing up and down the guy's side.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon May 06, 2013 12:27 am

This had certainly restored some life to Felix. The blue eyed male watch the two souls as they sort of mingled with each other. Felix began to wonder how they'd died, where were they going, and who exactly where they before they became this way. Those icy blue orbs seemed to brighten."Soulmist," he whispered. How amazing would it be to see hundreds of these colors in the air at once. Felix of course didn't want to see that many people lose their lives, but it was still amazing to think about. Felix wanted to say maybe they were dancing because they were, because they were free from their bodies. He glanced at the black haired man when he was questioned about whether or not he wanted to get a bit closer. Felix nodded cautiously.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon May 06, 2013 12:38 am

Kymin smiled a bit brighter when Felix nodded, walking towards the souls with his arm still around his lover's waist. "Don't be shy, they don't bite. Heck, they don't even know we're here," he smiled, stopping once the magenta soul was less than an arms length away. Kymin was tempted to reach out to the soul, but he knew nothing would happen. Well, maybe. Then again, he did want to see if this particular soul had any memories. Dropping his hand from around Felix's waist, he instead took the guy's hand and reached up with it to touch the soul, so they could both 'see' at the same time. Just like Kymin had said, their hands slipped right through, and this only had a flash of a memory, though it was definitely beautiful. A wedding, a couple flashes of cameras just as the bride and groom kissed after an 'I do'. It left Kymin smiling and his green eyes shining as he looked sideways to his lover.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon May 06, 2013 12:47 am

Tell that to Batsu.... The shinobi had to restrain from pulling his arm away as Kymin lifted his hand to the soul. Felix was nervous and it showed on his face. When his hand passed through the shinobi was a bit confused, but then blinked when he saw the flashes of memory. A wedding? Felix smiled because the people looked happy. When it was over he looked to Kymin and blinked because the guy was looking at him. "Can we touch the other one?"
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon May 06, 2013 1:04 am

Kymin couldn't help but smile at that nervousness that was on his lover's face. His smile turned to a small grin at Felix's smile when the guy looked at him. "Sure thing angel." God, Kymin was so glad this had happened today. It put a few moments of much needed peace into their day. Leading Felix around the pink soul and to the turquoise soul, Kymin stopped at about the same distance as the last one. While he didn't mind touching souls, he much preferred not walking through them. Sometimes more memories filtered through that way, sometimes they weren't altogether pleasant. Kymin wanted to tell Felix not to get his hopes up with this one, since memories were pretty rare, but he figured he'd just tell the guy afterwards. Kymin blinked at the fact that when they approached, the soul had seemingly moved back a bit. It was only a moment later that he realized the soul was swaying back and forth rhythmically. Once more he took Felix's hand and brought it up to the soul. He was surprised that they got to see another memory, this one of a father playing tag with his two young children, a boy and a girl. Kymin honestly couldn't believe their luck. To get two souls to show them a memory, and each of the memories were something happy, something good! The black haired ninja smiled happily. "Looks like both of these souls had pretty happy lives." He wondered if Felix noticed that each of the souls, in the memories at least, gave off a sort of happy feeling, so-to-speak.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon May 06, 2013 1:11 am

Felix sure did have his hopes up for this one. He'd forgotten Kymin said memories were rare because his first soul had given him something to smile about after the past few hours had been miserable. He let Kymin pull his hand up to touch the other soul. He'd also forgotten that others couldn't see what they could. If anyone saw them they'd probably think they were crazy. Felix watched the memory flash by once more. This was sort of what he wanted with Kymin, marriage and kids. He looked to his lover when the guy said each of the souls had lived happy lives. Nodding Felix turned to watch them go. "That was....amazing."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 am

Kymin noted that there was less pink mist in the area they were standing in than before, and when he looked back saw that the magenta soul had moved a bit closer to their house. "I thought you might like it. I've been trying to keep a look out for things like that, but soulmist comes so rarely, and I'm really glad I got to show you. I only run into maybe once or twice a year. Three times if I'm really lucky," he said, only more wrapping his arm around his lover's waist. "We can sit on the porch and watch them for a while if you want. They usually linger for a little bit," he suggested, leaning his head lightly against Felix's as he waited for an answer.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 am

This had really brightened his day, and it was visible on his person that this had made him feel a whole lot better. When Kymin offered to sit on the porch and watch them a little while longer he nodded. "Let's do that." Afterwards he wanted to lay down and talk until he fell asleep. This really had been a traumatic few days. Felix wished these souls would appear more often. At least then he'd have something to smile about. He leaned against Kymin as they walked towards the porch. When they got there Felix sat on the steps and looked through the mists at the two souls that seemed to dance with each other. Felix wondered if they'd know each other at one point or another.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 am

Kymin was so relieved to see that Felix was happier than before. He led his silver haired fiance over to the porch and sat down on the steps next to Felix, leaning lightly against him. The souls continued glowing and 'dancing' around, even though it was still early morning. Kymin's eyes watched them just as intently as Felix's. He was just as mesmerized by them. He was glad to know there were some souls out there that were lingering happily in the world, instead of striving to find a place to exist. He wondered where these souls went when they were done, or if they just floated around until they faded away into their own happiness.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum