Ferenity Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Chapter (Part 4?)

2 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Last Chapter (Part 4?) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Chapter (Part 4?)

Post by The Merciful Overlord Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Serenity laughed when Megan told her not to get carried away and think she can fly. "Aww, why not! Flying sounds like fun..." Serenity said with a mock pout, following Megan back into the livingroom and sitting on the couch, taking another sip of her hot chocolate. "Please, you are not getting old," Serenity said with a smile, hoping that Megan would be nice enough not to say anything like 'well yeah, not compared to you maybe'. That would just be mean. But who knew, with Megan...

Kana looked at him as he said he just got back in town. "A mission?" she asked curiously, putting her hands on the ground behind her so that she was propping herself up. Her legs were strtched out in front of her as she looked at Felix. She wondered how he could stand a contant life of solitude. Being 1000 years old with nobody around had to be hard. Yeah, she liked to be alone a lot, but she could never do it for her whole life. She liked to be around people every now and then, to have friends. But Felix...it was like being a ninja was the only thing on his mind. Well, that and swimming.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

https://ferenityforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 am

(If she only knew. Felix would love his solitude right about now.)

Megan waved her cup at Serenity. "Grow a pair of wings and then I will see about letting you fly. Geez, it's a shame I have to babysit you." She crossed her arms, with her cup safely secured. "I'm so glad I'm not getting old." She glanced into the glass to see her reflection. "I was afraid I was seeing wrinkles." She glanced at the blond out the corner of her eye. "I mean, not everyone can be nineteen forever." She winked. "Perfect skin, no blemishes." She leaned back onto the couch and let out a longing sigh.

Felix shook his head no. "It was sort of a vacation. A lot of stuff has happened in the last few years of my life. Unfortunately my past seems to be catching up to me." In more ways than one, he thought to himself. First Sevents had come after him, then Kyla gave him a warning telling him to leave Serenity, and now he was trapped because he hadn't listened. Things were not in his favor. And knowing how things turned out between them all the time, this would be no different.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:34 am

(Haha, I bet)

Serenity took a sip of her hot chocolate as Megan waved her cup at her. "What if I can already grow wings and you just don't know it?" Serenity asked with a smile. In all reality, she kinda could. She remembered that a long time ago this one man had taught her a jutsu that allowed her to form wings out of chakra. It was interesting, to say the least. Of course, now Serenity was just joking with Megan. She smiled when Megan said that she thought she was starting to see wrinkles. She couldn't help but laugh when Megan said not everyone could be nineteen forever. "Yeah, well, some days I wish I wasn't...but other days it does so help to have that teenage charm on my side," Serenity joked with a laugh. Maybe a baby shower wasn't such a bad idea after all. It would be fun, if things went the way they were going with Megan now.

Kana raised an eyebrow. "You took a vacation. But...that's so unlike you," she said, looking at him, before giving a shrug. "Whatever, your immortal life, not mine," she said. Hey, even immortals needed a break. Mortals took more breaks than immortals did, she supposed, even though they should probably take less. They have much less time to get things done, after all. Yes, Kana was much less ignorant than most mortals were, but it didn't often show through, because the only immortal person she ever came into contact with was Felix. Well, him, and that one healer from their village. Everyone knew she was immortal, it didn't seem like she tried to hide that fact. When Felix said that his past was starting to catch up to him, Kana leaned forward, looking at him. "Anything I can do to help?" she asked. Normally when people said that their past was catching up to them, it meant only bad things to come. And that's what Kana was assuming. And if her former sensei was in trouble, then the hell if she was just gonna sit by and watch! She was gonna do anything and everything she could to help him.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Megan slowly turned and looked at Serenity. "Because you would have told me by now. You find everything adorable and cute. Wings in my opinion are cute, and if you could, I'm sure you would be rubbing it in my face by now." She gave a small matter-of-fact smile and turned back to her tv. "Anymore questions?" She asked. Megan made a small noise in her throat when Serenity said teenage charm. "You mean seducing younger men into thinking you're an innocent little nineteen year old when you're really older than you look. Wayyyyyy older."

Felix shrugged. "I call it a vacation, but it really wasn't. In a way I had to go see an old friend of mine." Felix looked up to the blue sky above him. Kyla was his only means of sanity at times. If the old wretch ever died he wasn't sure what he'd do. He glanced down at Kana with somber eyes and a wry grin. "Unfortunately there is nothing you can," he stated with little emotion to back up how he was feeling. "And even if there was, I don't accept help from mortals. Dragging you into my business is like asking you to sign your own death warrant."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Serenity blushed lightly when Megan said that she found everything adorable and cute. "Do not. And give me some credit, I don't rub everything in...." Serenity said with traces of a small pout on her face. Serenity blinked at Megan's next statement and her blush brightened considerably. "I-You-Shut up Megan!!!" Serenity said, clearly at a loss for words, and also clearly embarrassed.

Kana tilted her head as Felix spoke. In a way...? What's that supposed to mean? she thought silently. She didn't like he look of that grin he was giving her either. Kana knew Felix, he had different grins that, when matched up with what you could see in his eyes, gave away what he was feeling. His voice didn't do much to tell you how he was feeling, so she had to rely on other things. "So, I'm just supposed to sit by and do nothing?" she said, clearly not liking the idea. "Come on there has to be something! Is there a certain person I should be on the look out for, come on sensei, anything!" she said, not seeming to be phased by that whole signing her own death warrant thing. She didn't have family, she didn't have an assigned squad, and she didn't have a boyfriend. What she had in her life right now were missions and anything exciting. An she was like Felix, her definition of excitement was danger.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Megan waved her glass. "Told ya," she said with a evil little smile to accompany her victory. Yes, she could be sly and evil if she wanted to. And the funny part was that Serenity had set herself up for that one. Megan leaned into the couch some more getting comfortable. "You're as red a rose petal. You're not mad are ya?"

(I'm starting to like Kana more and more.)

Felix looked at Kana for a moment longer. He was starting to believe he'd have to result to snapping at her, but he knew that wouldn't work. "Kana, it'd be best if you did just sit by and do nothing. Because there is nothing you can do." He turned his gaze away from here. "There is no one out there, there never was." Felix wished she'd just drop this entire conversation. He didn't want to take this to a whole 'nother level.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:37 pm

(lol)

Serenity's blush didn't fade as Megan said told ya, but she only got more embarrassed. She'd set herself up for that one, she knew it too. "Sh-shut up..." Serenity mumbled. She took another sip of her hot chocolate then stuck her tongue out at Megan as she asked if she was mad.

Kana looked at him as he said 'it'd be best' if she sat by and did nothing. "If there's nothin I can do, how're you gonna handle it?What you mean to say is, there's nothin I can do that won't get me killed, right?" she asked, sitting forward as she talked to him, her gaze not leaving him. "If it's no one, then what is it? What could possibly be catching up to you if it's not a someone?" she asked, a raised eyebrow. She wasn't giving up on this.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Megan started to burst into a full laugh. The look Serenity had on her face was too much. It was priceless. She'd never seen someone so embarrassed.

She was always a stubborn one. It looked like he'd have to go to the extreme. Felix turned so that he was completely look at her. "Damn it Kana, what do you want me to say. I'm trying to protect you, but you won't listen," he snapped. "Do you want death that badly? Have you live out all of your life? Is there nothing left for you to hang on to in this miserable world? Is there no chance for happiness, a change?" Felix pulled a kunai and threw it down infront of her before he'd even finished the setence. "You want to help me. You want to do something, then end it. End my pain and sorrow. My hate and my wanting. End my everything and nothing. Can you that?" He asked. He held his arms out, beckoning for her to end him where he stood. "Do you still want to do something. Because Death is catching up and it's only a matter of time. Better to have my life taken by some child I trained than some worthless scum of the earth." His blue eyes blazed as he spoke. She had asked for this.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Serenity glared at Megan as she started laughing. "Shut up! It's not funny," Ser said with a small pout, taking another sip of her hot chocolate. There wasn't much she could say that wouldn't end up embarrassing her more right now.

Kana's eyes remained stubborn as Felix asked what she wanted him to say, then said that he'd been trying to protect her. She could protect herself, she'd been doin it so far. She gave a light swallow as he asked if she wanted death so badly. She was a ninja, death would come either way. And she would've told him that, had he not taken out a kunai and threw it in front of her. On instinct she'd moved to retrieve a kunai of her own, stopping short when she saw that instead the kunai had landed on the ground. She looked back up at him as he spoke, rising to her feet, but not taking the kunai with her. She tilted her head a bit. "Sensei..." she gave a light swallow. She had no idea. He was right, if this was really what he wanted, she couldn't do this for him. If he'd been mortal, if he still truly wanted this when he was mortal...but even then maybe she couldn't have helped him. "You're right...maybe there's not really anything I can do to help you. At least not like that. If I could...I would," she said, looking at him. "But...I don't understand. You're immortal. How can Death be catching up to you?" she asked, a bit more solemn than she was before. She felt bad for her sensei, she really did. Having to watch everyone around you die, over and over again. Sure, ninja went through that all the time, and eventually you'd become numb to it, but...a thousand years of it? Even so, Kana hadn't given up. If he'd at least explain to her how it was that Death was coming for him...she'd do something, even if it was without his knowing. She at least owed him that much. After all, his training had saved her life countless times. It was time she payed him back.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Felix could only grin from her reaction. She couldn't do it. That was one thing he'd never taught his students. How to kill in cold blood. It wasn't right. Felix's grin faded slowly. "Kana, there is too much to explain to you, but I will let you know this much. When you've lived as long as I have, the walls you build start to crumble bit by bit and the one I have built has began to erode away with time." He paused and let himself fall to the ground so that he could look up at the clouds without straining his neck. "Humans make mistakes, but immortals, when we make mistakes, we don't just forget them, because when we meet someone like us, well, those mistakes are remembered. It's not a grudge, we just can't let go." He glanced over to her. "I've made plenty of mistakes, but I can't take them back. These mistakes are piling up, over and over again. Sooner or later they'll be the death of me. If Death won't open his arms to me, then I'll have to pry them open myself."

The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Kana didn't see what he was grinning about. This wasn't funny. Or had he been playing with her? If he had been, it'd been a cruel joke. And she'd never pegged her sensei as the kind of person who was cruel. Cold, yes, but not cruel. When he plopped on the ground to look at the sky, Kana sat next to him, but just far enough away. She wasn't like those other idiots that had been on her squad a long while back, she knew about personal space, and she liked hers too. Nah, she'd never been too fond of her old squad. All a bunch of idiots, thought that Felix was being way too rough on them. Kana took it as they were just weak. She blinked when she noticed that Felix had said 'humans', not 'mortals'. And he mentioned when you met someone like 'us'. What she was getting from this was that he'd met another immortal, and things were not going well. "Is life really that bad now..." she paused. "Sensei, do you want to die?" she asked, her gaze on him. It seemed obvious from all that he was saying, but...had he actually thought about that question? Or had he just thought about not existing? Because, though mortals didn't often think about it...there was a difference between dying and ceasing to exist.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Felix had been reluctant to speak with her on the matter, but it was a relief to do so. Kana wasn't Kyla. Kyla would give him riddles, Kana would give him answers. Maybe she'd tell him what he needed to know, maybe she'd lie to him. Regardless he'd take some comfort in it. "I'm not sure if I'm living a life anymore. Days go by, but I'm still stuck on three months ago." He fell silent for a minute. "What do you do when the person you care for hurts you over and over again and you give them chance after chance, but then they finally step over the line. Do you give them another chance, risking the chance of more suffering, or do you call it a quits." He didn't want to look at Kana, he didn't want to see what expression should would hold. "Or maybe even vice verse where you're screwing up and you don't want them to suffer, but you don't want them to leave either."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Kana kept her gaze on Felix when he started speaking. What happened three months ago? Obviously something really bad. Felix wasn't the kind of guy who stayed stuck on the past unless it was something really bad. She stayed silent when he posed his question, but only for a few moments. "I guess...it really depends on how much you care for them. If they're hurting you on purpose, there shouldn't really be much question to it...but..." she paused. "It depends, really...on how much you want to risk for them. Immortals don't really have to fear death like mortals do...all you have to worry about is pain, not living...it all depends on how much pain you want to go through for them..." Kana said, looking at him. Her face was rather solemn. So that was the problem. He didn't want to die, he was just sick of getting hurt. Which meant that, if Death was coming for him, Kana was going to stop it, even if it meant her own life. "How much do you care for this person, sensei?"
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Felix was thinking about what she'd said when she asked him that last question. "Enough to die for them. Enough to stay with them despite the pain they've cost me. Enough to refuse to be separated from them because they are my everything and nothing, my love and my hate, my pain and my suffering, my life." Felix slowly turned his head to look at her. "And they've got my kid."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:01 am

Kana would have been lying if she said that his answer didn't surprise her. It's not that she didn't think that Felix couldn't love someone, it was just that...she'd never seen that side of him before. The only Feix she knew was cold, and killed mercilessly. Her sensei. This wasn't her sensei, this was...Felix. The one she never knew. It was a shock to know that he existed. Her surprise only increased when he said that the person had his kid. It din't register in her mind that the child was unborn. "You're a dad...?" she said, a light smile crossing her face. "Then if your child is involved...I'm not you, but I think that's reason enouh to stay, and to give it another go," she told him with a light smile.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:10 am

Felix shook his head. "Soon to be dad. I have another six months until it's official." He told her. "But, it's not really my kid, in a way. Some things happened and stuff got complicated." He looked to the sky again. "The mother thinks I'm only here out of guilt, but I don't see how I should feel guilty because I'm not the one who messed up. I warned her." Felix sounded almost bitter at the last bit. "She didn't listen and this the result. A child that is and is not mine." Felix sighed. "I'm here because I want to be apart of my kids life. I know how it feels to grow up without a father, I don't want that for my own kid. But I don't think she wants me around." The thought alone tore him up inside. Saying it aloud only made it seem more real.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 am

Kana's smile didn't fade as he said soon to be dad, but it did when he said that it's not really his kid. How could that be? She was getting a little confused. She blinked when Felix said tat he'd warned her. Kana didn't understand, but she'd listen, and try to make sense out of it. "She..." Kana blinked. "Are you sure? ...How can you tell?" she asked when he said that he didn't think the mother wanted him around. You'd have to be pretty persistant for Felix to care for them as much as he did, that being said, wouldn't the woman have to care just as much for him? But the way Felix was putting it, it didn't seem so. That's when it hit her. Hadn't Felix mentioned that he'd met another immortal? Could this woman be the same immortal he was talking about? It was a big leap, but there were tons of clues that said that was the case.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:23 am

Felix didn't turn. "When I first came back, I told her I wanted to be apart there. She told me it was alright, said I didn't need to come back because she'd raised a kid by herself before." He felt bad for talking about Serenity like this, so he added his own wrong doings. "I haven't been fair to her either. Before I left, the day she told me she was pregnant I said some some stuff. I've never been so cold in my life, and I took it out on the one person who actually gave a damn about me." He paused. "I just know what to do anymore."
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 am

Kana still didn't understand, but the parts that she did understand were more than enough. She'd have been confused too, if she'd been in his situation. To make a more...er, informed decision on what to tell Felix, she had to know what was said, but she couldn't pry anymore than what she already was. Well technically, it was Felix who was telling her all this, but... she'd never actually seen him emotionally hurt before, and now...well, now he wasn't just hurt, but he was emotionally distressed. "Maybe...just talk to her about it. Ask her if she really wants you to stay, you know?" Kana said. She was doing the best with what she had, but she didn't want to say 'I don't know.' That answer never helped anyone. "If she does want you to stay, of course she'll tell you. But I'm sure she doesn't want the child to grow up without a father anymore than you do. Just...ask her if she wants you to stay because of the child, or...because she cares about you, she said, still sitting up, but finally looking up at the sky.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:38 am

Felix nodded. "I never say thank you, but you deserve one," he told her. That was his way of telling her thank you without actually saying it. He crossed his arms behind his head. "I think when I get home I'll do just that." He closed his eyes. "So Kana, you're all grown up. Got yourself a boyfriend yet?" He asked with a sly grin.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 am

Kana smiled at Felix's roundabout way of saying thank you. "No prob sensei," she told him, looking at him. A light blush crossed her face as he asked if she had a boyfriend yet. She usually never blushed, but it was beyond awkward having her former sensei asking her about a boyfriend. Especially if that former sensei was Felix Kuriyama. Kana laid back and also crossed her arms behind her head. Hey, he was playing with her, so why not play back. "None of your business," she said with a small grin.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 am

Felix's grin was wiped clean as she told him none of his business. "No need to be rude," he informed her. "I was just simply asking. But considering your blush I'd say yes. But you answer indicates otherwise. Are you embarrassed that I asked or is that you don't have one." Felix shrugged which looked rather awkward seeing as though he was laying down. "Is so, I want a name and an age, and a rank. I don't see you as dating the non ninja type." Felix raised his hand and waved his finger disapprovingly.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:58 am

Kana grinned wider when he told her no need to be rude. It was a good thing he couldn't see her face, or else he'd probably throw her into the lake. Either way, she was gonna have fun screwing with him. Even though it would end disasterously. "Ugh, fine. In reverse order: Jonin, 30, and Ovaltine Jenkins," she said with a nod. The name was obviously made up. She didn't have a boyfriend, but hell...screwing with Felix was fun.

Last edited by Serenity on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:02 am

Felix knew something was up when she went in reverse. "Ovaltine Jenkins," he repeated. "You couldn't come up with a better than that. One of the first things I taught you and your group was how to lie." Felix was up in a silver flashed and had picked her up and tossed her into the water. He jumped in right after. The cold water bringing back the calmness he always found in swimming. Coming up for air he grinned wholeheartedly. "How's the water?" He asked.
The Godfather
The Godfather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merciful Overlord Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:10 am

(LMFAO!)

Kana started laughing when he repeated the name and then asked if she couldn't think of anything better than that. She blinked when she suddenly found herself lifted up and in the air. "Nonononono-!" she started before she found herself splashing in the water. He was dead. Coming up, Kana only allowed her eyes to be seen above the water as he asked how it was. She brought the rest of her face above the water and spit a stream of water at him. "You tell me," she said, splashing him with a grin. She may've hated water, but she had to get back at him, after all. Her hate of water could wait. Actually, when she was a child, she might've exaggerated her hate of water a little too much. She still disliked the water, but she didn't hate it. "By the way, you're right I lied. My boyfriend's name isn't Ovaltine Jenkins. It's James Bond." She said with a grin before starting to swim backwards.
The Merciful Overlord
The Merciful Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next